main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga THE PROMISE: AU ESB, H/L ---(New Update 13/8/03)---

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthMasan, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    *clears throat*... hello, its me Darth Masan and umm this is my first H/L fan fic.
    I originally wanted to write a long fic but I kinda ran out of ideas, my little muse is a lazy furry thing(just like me...;) jejeje)
    My puntuation isn't the worlds best, ask my English teacher, he hates me :)
    So sit back and read this fic,

love it, like it, hate it, i really want to know!
    ---------------------------------------------
    VERY SPECIAL THANXS TO PRINCESS 1: JEN, MY BETA AND THE ONE WHO HAS SAT THROUGH MY TERRIBLLE WRITING!!!
    MISKA: my second beta, thanxs a lot!

Disclaimer: This is for fun, I'm only borrowing the characters the same way you take out a ball at the gym, just for fun!
    ---------------------------------------------

The Promise

Han stopped in front of Leia?s door, unsure of what to do. He reached out to touch the door chime.
    The chime sounded once or twice until 3-CPO, the golden protocol droid appeared at the door.

?Captain Solo,? the droid said ?What a great pleasure to see you here!?

Han loved to irk the droid; he had it as a hobby now that the droid was always around.

?Where?s the Princess?? Han asked.

?The Princess is not here, she went for a walk.? 3PO answered.

?A walk?? Han wondered. In all of the time he?d known her, he?d never seen her ?take a walk?.

?Yes, she said she was going for a walk,? The droid said, ?I believe her words were: I?m sick of staring into pads, I?m going for a walk.?

?Thanks, Golden rod,? Han said as he turned away to go find her.

Before he left he said ?Hey, 3PO!? the droid turned around

?Yes??

?Do you have any idea of where she might be??

?I?m afraid not, Captain Solo.?

Han shrugged, he had no idea of were she might be. ?Thanks again 3PO?

?Your welcome Captain Solo.?

Han started to think of where she might be, the command center was a good idea, but you don?t go for a walk there, no mater how into in politics and the Rebellion you are. How about the mess hall?
    He thought, Nah, she?s not that type. He wondered around the halls thinking about more places she could be.
    He found himself looking around at some of the smaller hangar bays. He looked between transports, ships and fighters but found nothing.

Finally after wondering around the base, he thought of looking outside, if she?s not here then the snow swallowed her he thought.

He then found her, sitting with her arms around her knees on a small crate. He could stay there all day if he wished, just looking at her, admiring her stunning beauty and looks. He walked quietly towards her.

?Hiding from the world?? he asked, interrupting her.

She jumped and sighed, ?No captain, I come here to think.?

?About me I guess...? He said throwing a wink at her.

Sometimes... she thought. ?No Han, I?ve got a lot of more important things to think about other than you.?

?Aww,? he said, ?I thought I was at the top of your list.?

Most of the time you are... She rolled her eyes in response.

?Mind if I join you?? He asked, concerned about the lost, pained look in her eyes.

?No, its all right.?
    Han sat down and stretched his arm over her shoulders and held her close.
    Leia froze, she didn?t know what to do, whether to slide out of his embrace or relax into it.
    Leia didn?t mind the extra warmth he provided, at all, all she minded was the stupid butterflies she was feeling up and down her chest.

Get a grip Leia, your acting like a teenager... she scolded herself.

Slowly, she reached out with her arm to hug him back and rested her head against his shoulder. He responded to resting his head against hers.Enjoying the moment as much as he could he finally asked,

?Leia... what?s troubling you? You?ve been... lost lately...? He felt her cringe at the question.

?Alderaan.? she said, plainly, she didn?t have to explain herself. Han knew how hard it had

2. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    ::confuddled face:: I can't race you to posts in your own fic....oh wait...we called a truce on that ;-) Great job DM!! I was sitting here muttering gibberish at my computer when he left. Please tell me there's more!

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I get second reply! Hey, DM, I didn't know you wrote. Oh, first fic, eh? Welcome to the world of H/L writers then! I just happened to find this. Cool. You should really tell me these things. ;)

Ok, off to read...

?Aww,? he said, ?I thought I was at the top of your list.? Most of the time you are... She rolled her eyes in response.

Awww, that's really nice. [face_love]

Maybe it was the scoundrel in him, or maybe, the gentleman he stored inside.

That's a really good line. I like that a lot. You had several more lines that I particularly liked, but I really wanted to point out the above ones.

I think you did a pretty good job for your first H/L fic, DM! :D I was sorry it ended there. Any plans to expand it?

J_Girl

4. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great job! I really enjoyed that. It sure didn't seem like your first fic. I hope you write some more! :)

5. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Very very good!!! I hope you continue it. It would be nice to see where you go with it.

6. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Lovely, DM! You write Han and Leia very well--I'm surprised you hadn't ever written anything before. Did you say you were going to keep going with this? I sincerely hope you are! You can't just leave us hanging like this!

Once again--great work!

7. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    She posted it, she posted it! :D Yea! Great job, I told you people would like it. :)

8. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    :D :D :D :D :D (thats what I look like now)

Wow I didnt think I would of gotten such good responses!!

Rouge Sticks: :), my first poster! Please tell me there's more! for that see the note below ;)

J_Girl:Hey, DM, I didn't know you wrote. Oh, first fic, eh? Welcome to the world of H/L writers then! Thanxs!!

LovelyLea: Thanxs!

StarWarsfan68:Thanxs!

Puggy Thanxs!

Princess 1: Jejejeje :D

It seems everybody wants for me to write more.. hmm.... If I can get my muse back(its kinda of a lazy one I promise I will try to continue this story! So, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my muse!

Thank you all!

DM

9. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    UPPERS!! (jejeje

DM

10. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    Good news, my muse is back in town and Im going to tie her down this time, she's not getting away! SOOOO, I am already starting typing more, so I'll let all of you know when its going to air :)

DM

11. Jedi_E_Solo

Jedi_E_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    This is a really great start! Are u going to continue it? I Hope so!

~JES~

12. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
  13. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    =) I just sent part two to my beta, so, look around this weekend for an update!

thank you

DM

14. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    DM, I was out of town when you first posted this fic. It's an interesting premise and I look forward to seeing what will happen next.

15. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    You have to write more!!!!! This is one of the few fics I have read where Han actually sticks to his word and leaves the Rebellion to do something about his debt to Jabba. I also liked the fact that Leia asked Han to return if he could. Great start! I'm hooked, so I hope you and your muse can come up with some more. :)

16. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    WOW, more readers! Yikes!

Im sorry that I havent responded to my 4 new readers but im the middle of exam week.

Welcome to my humble thread, JES GreatOne Queen of Aces and SoloFan! I promise that there is gonna be an update soon, All I need is the Go Ahead by my BETA!

Thanxs!

DM

17. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    As promised, the extention is here!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

The Millennium Falcon came swiftly out of hyperspace after what seemed a quiet journey from the Rebel base in Hoth to Tatooine, home of the crime lord, Jabba the Hutt.

Han Solo was at the helm with Chewbacca at his side, checking the status on the Falcon.

?Looks like every thing checks.? Han said.

?Listen, ? Han said looking towards the arid planet and not taking his eyes off it.
    ?Fly us in, I?ll go and tell Jabba we?re home, allright??

Chewie woofed an agreement back. Han stood up and affectingly ruffled Chewies? hair as he left the cockpit.
    He had said to Chewie a few months back that he didn?t want to come he could go home to Kashyyk to his wife and child.
    Chewie hadn?t seen his family for the past year, and Han thought that if he was going with him into Jabba?s, he might never see them again.

Chewie?s immediate response was a huge Wookie hug saying, ?I owe you my life, I will protect you even if it means to waltz into Jabba?s Palace.?

I wonder how he did it, just leaving his wife and child behind. I know I couldn?t.

The cockpit door swished open to reveal an empty hold. A sense of loneliness came upon him. It was the first time in months that they flew alone.
    Lately, Luke, Leia and 3PO, had been assigned to go on missions with him. And they kept good company, he had grown used to hearing them talking and moving around.

Now, all that he could hear was the fait hum of the sub-light engines.

He reached the communications panel and typed the encoded message to Jabba?s Palace.

Lord Jabba the Hut, Han Solo on way to pay; meet at bay 39 at 16:50. End.

He sent the message and leaned back on the chair. His eyes wondered from the panel and reached the medical bay.

The last time he had been in there was when he was treating Leia from a blaster burn she got from Ord Mandrell.

Ord Mandrel...

That was the last straw for him to make the decision to leave the Rebellion for good.
    He decided that if he continued to harbor with the Rebellion he would jeopardize the movement, and above all, he would jeopardize Leia.

Boba Fett shot her while they ran through an alley that lead to the Falcon. It was late at night and he just caught her arm by mere luck....

?Run!?

He screamed to Leia when he discerned the familiar Fett helmet following them through the empty city streets shooting fire bolts at them.

He returned the volley back at him, but he couldn?t see where he was.

It was an hour ago when they had been at their hotel dining when they heard a distinct, but faint, lock breaker on their door.

They started running through the back door but met bounty hunters on their way down. Somehow they made it alive from the hotel room but were now being followed by at least a dozen bounty hunters.

And one of them was Fett. The infrared sensors inside his helmet made it impossible to hide.

One shot zipped past him and he heard her cry out.

?Leia!? He ran sidewise to continue his side of the volley.

He feard the worst, he pictured her lying on the ground in a pool of blood, breathing her life away.

?Leia!? he screamed again, hoping for an answer.

?I?m fine, it hit in the arm.? He ran up to her ?What arm??

?Left one,? she said wincing as he helped her up.

?How bad?? he asked as he poured fire back.

?Just scraped my shoulder.?

?C?mon, let?s go.?

When they were in hyperspace, she allowed Han to look at her arm.

?C?mon, let me have a look, it looks like a nasty shot.?

?It is, it hurts like a...? he noticed she bite her tongue instead of cursing about the pain.
    He found that so irresistibly cute it hurt him.

He began to cut the sleeves off the shirt she was wearing.

?You can

18. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Uh oh. Han is going to try and make amends with a Hutt... Run Han Run! Hutts don't make amends! :eek:

19. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    OHHH I like it DM!!!

20. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Nice work, DM. :) I especially liked Han's Ord Mantell flashback.

Keep up the great work!

21. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanxs everybody, update in minutes!

DM

22. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    heres the other part!

Her head leaned against a porthole in the Rebel transport Yataris.
    She managed to get on the ship while the Empire was taking over the Rebel days three days ago.
    So far she had no idea how many casualties were suffered during the attack.
    She didn?t even know where she was seated on board the Yataris.
    She hadn?t slept well, ate rationed food bars, and hadn?t showered in three days and she was still wearing the same snowsuit she had when the Empire attacked.
    The wonders of emergency travels. She thought sourly.
    She had gotten on the Yataris at the mast minute.
    She had been busy checking the retreat of the troops outside and the safety of the transports at the same time.
    She was making sure the Ion Cannon was in auto destruction when she heard thermal detonators blast through the security doors.

?...Imperial Walker spotted at 1.23.56 quadrants!?
    ?Transport Palau requesting Ion Cannon back-up for take-off.?
    Leia felt as though her head was going to explode, all of the channels in Echo Station were saturated with demands, requests and data.
    All of the personnel was already gone, one radio operator and Leia was all that was left.
    ?Ion Cannon pour fire into pathway 22.32.56, Transport Palau is ready for take-off.?
    ?Roger that Echo Station, pathway 22.32.56 locked.?
    ?Princess Leia, this is transport Yataris, we are requesting your immediate boarding.?
    ? Stand by, Transport Yataris.?
    ?Acknowledged Princess.?
    ?Echo Station, pathway 22.32.56 cleared!?
    ?Transport Palau you are GO for take off!?
    She checked her chrono Not much time left...
    ?3PO!? she cried
    ?Yes, Your Highness?? the droid answered.
    ?Go to the transport now and hold them up for me, people still need help out there.?
    ?And leave you here??
    ?Yes 3PO.?
    ?But...? the droid objected
    ?Move it 3PO or were both fried...?
    He seemed to hesitate but finally began to run as fast as he could.
    One blue tick disappeared from the radar.
    That could mean two things, either the transport was shot down or they made it, she thought.
    Quickly she went back to the other people still on planet.
    ?Echo Station, this is Ion Cannon, requesting permission to go into auto destruction!?
    ?Negative Ion Cannon, there?s still one transport on the ground, begin to clear pathway 45.25.68.?
    ?Roger that Echo Station.?
    Another channel cracked to life, ?Echo Station, Rouge Squadron and ground troops are in full retreat and cleared away?. Luke said.
    ?Pathway 45.25.68 cleared Echo Station, awaiting further instructions? Ion Cannon interrupted.
    ?Acknowledged Luke.?
    ?LEIA! What are you still doing down here! Move out!? he cried through.
    ?I?m almost out the door Luke, believe me...? She said as she heard the Empire?s ground force penetrating the compound and blasting security doors down.
    ?Ok Leia, see you at the rendezvous point, Skywalker out.?
    ?See you later Luke...?
    ?Transport Yataris, this is Pricess Leia, start running the ship.?
    ?Roger that, Your Highness.?
    BOOM! The room shook as the ground troops were getting closer.
    ?Ion Cannon, this is Echo Station, set auto destruction for 360 seconds, make sure pathway 45.25.68 is locked until then.?
    ?Acknowledged Echo Station!?
    She flipped to the main frequency and said, ?Ion Cannon is set for auto destruction in 360 seconds, make sure you are off this planet by then, this is Echo station signing out!?
    She clicked of the comm and started to run at full speed.
    She could hear blaster shots hit the walls in the passages behind her.
    She turned to see the red flashes of light and thought,

People must have fun chasing me and shooting at me...
    She took the last turn and headed towards the transport and climbed up the ramp while it closed.

Thought she began to miss the excitement as the trip progressed, she had found comfort within her memories.
    The one that kept playing over and over in her mind was the kiss Han had given her two hours before the Empire attacked.
    The way he made her feel. Gods... she could still feel a goose bu

23. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Good grief! Does Han have a son he doesn't know about? Who is with the Rebellion? That would be a kicker! I wonder if Leia is going to question this boy on who his parents are....

24. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Wow! Awesome. I love it! Who's the boy? What's gonna happen next? MORE SOON! I loved the near-kiss flashback!!!

A. Windsor

25. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    ohh dear im soo sorry I've ignored this fic! Dear me! its been TWO WHOLE MONTHS!!! oops! well, i'm working with the next part, its writen but it needs loads of polishing. Im really into updating this fic again! So I promise and update soon!

DM

EDIT: seeing that the previous posts look horrible, i fixed the spacing... took me a while to figure out how to make it look good.... hehehehe

DM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.