main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Prophecy Fulfilled (AU RotJ Vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by soxtalon, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxtalon

soxtalon Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    BREATH BREATH

"Your thoughts betray you, father. I feel the
    good in you...the conflict," his son was saying even as the emotions inside were boiling.

"There is no conflict," he replied. Don't fool yourself son. I will destroy you.

"You couldn't bring yourself to kill me
    before, and I don't believe you'll destroy me
    now," Luke declared.

Rage threaten to burst from his body. His son couldn't understand. He wouldn't understand,

"You underestimate the power of the dark side.
    If you will not fight, then you will meet
    your destiny," He burned watching his red saber sizzle through his son's body.

He watched through his cold analytical eyes as Luke's body crumbled to the ground in a heap. For a brief moment he wished he could see it with his real eyes.

And then it was over. He walked over to the unmoving crumpled body of his enemy.

His son.

"Good...good! You still impress, my old friend. Even with your excuse of a body, you still have the same focus I gave you all those years ago."

Palpatine stopped right next to Vader and looked down.

"He would have made a great ally. Pity." Palpatine walked back to his chair and sat down. With a wave he signaled for his Crimson Guard to come in and collect the body.

Focus? Vader thought to himself. FOCUS? He gave me focus.

Vader looked down to his son, and then to his friend...

Palpatine, the man who mentored young Skywalker. The one who saw Skywalker as a boy and took him under his wing. A father of sorts to him. The same father figure who supported him when the Jedi could not...the Jedi would not.

Vader looked back at his son, to the approaching Crimson Guard, and then to his master...

The man who gave me my name. The man who showed me that anger, hate, suffering was the only way I could gain control. I finally had control over anything...everything...

or did I...

The Crimson Guard stopped and bowed to Vader in a sign of respect. Vader looked at Luke and then back to his...

Owner.

A low grumble began from deep inside Vader.

He has taken everything that was dear to Skywalker. He is responsible for the death of Qui-Gon. Yoda. Obi-Wan. He destroyed a Republic that Skywalker had fought for. He killed every friend, every associate, every person Skywalker had ever cared about...

Vader looked up and in the dark ceiling and past the red analytical eyes he saw...

Her.

Palpatine had promised to save her. To save the woman that Sky...

The grumble grew louder.

The woman I love. He wants focus? He wants rage? He wants the Dark Side?

Vader lifted his arm and swept around watching the two Crimson guards fly back into the elevator shaft.

He turned to Palpatine who was wearing a confused expression.

"Lord Vader, what is the meaning of this?"

Vader walked purposefully towards the throne. Halfway there he quickly ignited his saber.

"You live because of me Vader. If it wasn't for me you never would have made it off of Mustafar," Palpatine cracked.

"I never would have been there if not for you."

"You won't get away with this Skywalker," Palpatine spat while igniting the saber that shot out of his robes and into his hands. "You saw what I did to the other Jedi. Even Master Yoda was no match."

Vader and Palpatine's crimson blades connected and Vader stood nose to nose with his master.

"You misunderstand master. I'm not a Jedi...I'm still Sith. Still Vader."

Vader leaned in so Palpatine could feel the release of carbon dioxide from the metal face plate. "But I am the Chosen One, aren't I."

Vader swung at Palpatine's head and the older Emperor was barely able to block. Age had not treated him well, and the one thing the bionic body gave Vader, was untiring limbs.

Vader watched with his bionic eyes Palpatine begin to weak.

Before long Palpatine used the Force to jump back, and unleash a large barrage of lightning bolts from his hands into Vader's chest knocking the Sith apretnice.

Palpatine laughed. "Safeguards my dear friend. you will be helpless

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Amazing, this was just amazing, I loved it. A great ROTJ AU ending soxtalon=D=.

3. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    Thank you Star_Angel! It is the third part of a vignette trilogy of sorts that I did including Embracing Destiny and Vader's Test :)

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nicely done! =D=

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Interesting diversion from the cannon soxtalon! Vader's Darkside rears its ugly head in order to kill Luke...and then realization hits him.

The Crimson Guard stopped and bowed to Vader in a sign of respect. Vader looked at Luke and then back to his... Owner.

This line stood out in it all. The moment of Truth. Vader realizes too late that his son was...right.

6. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    This really is a fabulous Alternate ending - very plausible!!

Great work, soxtalon!!

7. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    Thanks everyone! Much appreciated!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Whoa!! NOt at all the outcome I had exepected. Superbly done soxtalon.

9. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    :) Thanks Healer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.