main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The prophecy is coming true

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Perfect_Dark, May 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Movius

Jedi Movius Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    Wow! This is some of the most interesting Star Wars news I've heard in a long time!

I think its safe to say that all jedi can sense the future. I don't think that it is specifically a dark side trait. What is interesting now is that it appears Yoda has trouble sensing the future in the PT. This seems to be because of the strong dark side presence in the future. It is unclear to me though whether this Dark Side rift is actually being caused by Palpatine or whether he is the reinging sith master in power when the dark side has a resurgence. Let me explain my problem. Palpatine is obviously powerful, but is he so powerful because the Dark Side is on the rise or is it the other way around, the Dark Side being on the rise because Palpatine is so powerful? I'd like to view it the first way, because I think that viewing Palpatine as an expression of the force, an integral part of it rather than outside of it, is more compatible with the concept of destiny. (destiny in Star Wars being the most probable path of many that someone can take).

I guess what I'm pondering is whether the force and its flow through time has a conponent that is separate from the force users themselves. Meaning: if all forces users were not to in any way affect the course of the future, would there still be times when dark side or light side users have inherent advantages over the other, completely separate from the actions of either side? Essentially, are there periods in history that are inherently dark or inherently light? Why would this be the case? Perhaps the "arrow of the force" as it might be called, might be determined by the state of the galaxy as a whole. In other words, perhaps when fear and hate dominate galactic emotions it disturbs the balance of the force. It would explain to me why Yoda has trouble and must probe the dark side for answers. He can sense that dark times are coming but no more because the impending darkness reveals it self most readily to dark side users. The sith have the advantage. You could almost say that it was fated to happen. Interestingly enough, we see this same problem of sensing the future happen to Palpatine in the CT. Is Palpatine's fear of Luke caused by a bright light in the force that Palpatine cannot peer into? Does Palpatine fail to see Vader ultimate return to the light side for the same reason?

Anyway, I know that I'm probably just rambling but I wanted to say something of what I was thinking even if I couldn't get it out right.

This was really cool news.

2. Dolf

Dolf Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2000
    hmmm...
    First, I think that Yoda would go into seclusion simply to get a clearer vantage from where he can seek out the disturbance in the force. Here's an analogy: The force is a pool of water. Force-sensitive beings are in this pool and when they tap into the force they create a ripple in the pool. It doesn't matter whether they are Jedi or Sith. Yoda (and Windu) sense the disturbance in the force, i.e. a big ripple. Yoda goes into seclusion so that he can elevate his awareness enough to try to determine where the ripple originated. He has to tune out all the other users of the force and try to determine who's setting off the big wave. Now this was a two-dimensional analogy of the force. Let me add the third dimension: Why would Yoda (and Windu) be concerned about another ripple in the force? Why do they call it a disturbance? I think that a disturbance in the force is a ripple in the pool that is NOT in HARMONY with the other ripples. I apologize for using such a basic analogy but it's easier for me to picture sometimes.
    And. I don't think that Yoda uses the Dark Side to determine what the Sith are up to. It's that he's opening himself up to Dark side temptations. In other words, I'm sticking to my first reply to this thread. :)

3. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Couple of things. Perhaps Yoda, who is 900 years old can "dance" with the Darkside without any risk of turning. We're talking a 900 year trial here... Second, perhaps this "darkside" energy on Dagobah is his conduit or "spirit guide" to the darkside. Pearhaps this is where he goes to meditate and gain insight into the darkside. It seems as though, before the appearance of Anakin, that Yoda is the most powerfull force user. Perhaps along with sheilding himself (later) on Dagobah, he uses it to keep tabs on the sith during the 20 or so years between e3 and e4?

4. grendelsfork

grendelsfork Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Wow PerfectDark, this Yoda quote has some interesting theories going on from it. Very cool. Dooku saw the Chosen one coming and consequently the darksides growth? hmm..

5. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Sounds like Dooku "jumped ship" before the Jedi's sank... he saw their demise coming, and decided he didn't want to be a casualty.

6. Darth_Psylum

Darth_Psylum Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2001
    I agree with Darth_Orcale, it didnt make much sense for Palpatine to not know that Luke was on Endor, but to know that Luke would come to Vader. And Vader knew Luke was on Endor becasue there was conflict in him and he could sense the light side becasue he was using the lightside. The emperor could feel this in Vader, becasue he asked Vader something about a change of heart.

What I dont like is in ESB, the Emperor ask Vader if Luke can be turned. *blinks* The master asking the apprentice a question? I guess in the time of ESB, he wasnt able to 'foresee' like he could in ROTJ...

7. Perfect_Dark

Perfect_Dark Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2001
    Wow.. alot said and done since i was last here!

8. IwasIamyoda10

IwasIamyoda10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    I am still keeping a close eye on this thread. Something interesting may happen.

Hey PD!!! :)

9. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    SETTLE THE KOUHUNS ISSUES

1)
    they are not TINY! but not huge the are like the size of- say you rist to your elbow

2)
    there are not alot there are 2 TWO... that's 2...

The PROB DROID attaches a little tube.....
    TWO DEADLY LOOKING CENTIPEDE-LIKE KOUHUNS exit the tube

this was posted in the thread about this as well!

10. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I was just thinking about Perfect Dark's quote:

ANAKIN
    Sometimes, when you believe
    something to be real, it becomes
    real. Real enough, anyway...

would this go along with "your focus determines your reality"?

I know this line is taken out of context so I guess it could be referring to any plot point in the movie, but it seems as if it the idea is being built on, perhaps relating to Anakin's fall to the Dark Side.

11. IwasIamyoda10

Jun 11, 2000
    Something interesting has happened ;)

Thanks for the clarification PD!!!

This is all sounding too good. :D

12. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    HOW do you get the colours in your posts?... i want colour! hehe

:)

13. IwasIamyoda10

Jun 11, 2000
    You too can learn the ways of the for..umm...I mean the markup codes. ;)

here

Edited 3 times, I still need to work on the markups. :)

14. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Look under the "Markup Codes" heading on the above menu bar. :)

15. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :)

hehehee, i'm going NOW!

(Edit= not going as in going going, going as in going to get the colours..... hummm)

16. IwasIamyoda10

Jun 11, 2000
    See ya later PD!!!

Remember, Markup codes are good!!!

:)

17. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    alright well here goes my full out thoughts on the whole thing.

looking into the future can be done by using the force. it doesnt matter if you use the darkside or the lightside. it does however matter what side you use when looking at something in particular like say the darkside itself.

so we know yoda has become aware that the darkside is growing he's sensed it. he wants to know what affects it might have and to what degree. and how does he do that? well he looks into the future using the lightside of the force like any old jedi would. but what does he see? nothing but darkness. he cant tell what the future of the galaxy could be b/c it has become shadowed from the darkside's growth. he cant tell b/c the darkside itself is masking the future but thats just the nature of it. and we know that when yoda says "Masking the future, is this disturbance in the force." that is why they couldnt forsee padme's assassination attempts or the hostile armies being created or even that palps is a sith.

so he cant see into the future using the lightside b/c of the darkside. and he cant see into the darkside using the lightside either. and we know that b/c yoda later says "And only those who have turned to the Dark Side can sence the possibilities of the future. Only going through the Dark Side can we see." meaning that the future is covered up by the darkside and only those that use the darkside itself can see into it. that is what yoda must do to in order to see the magnitude the darkside has in the future.

that is why it is very dangerous b/c you must use the darkside, control the darkside to look into its future. and that can become quite dangerous for a jedi b/c of how easy the darkside can consume you, take you over. that is why yoda must do it. that is also why yoda must be in seclusion. and why it might take him days to actually do.

i believe he knows that he must do that b/c the jedi fear the uprising of the darkside and the devastaton it could cause. they sense the darkside growing and they feel that the darkside could not be this strong unless the sith were behind it. which scares the jedi b/c to them it looks like the prophecy of the chosen one may becoming true.

or something like that.

18. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    ok
    well i have one thing to say, both the good and dark can see into the future (using what all JEDI have) -but- when something bad is going to happen and it involves the dark side seing the future is hard for the good coz the dark side is VERY hard to see.

YODA
    in dark times nothing is what it appears.

this line for YODA tells us this as well as MACE WINDU's line

MACE WINDU
    Why couldn't we see the attack on the Senator?

which YODA replys to saying:

YODA
    Masking the future, is this disturbance in the force.

so the dark side hids the future when the jedi try to look foward- but the jedi can still see the future just not the dark side of the future... so maybe YODA can see (as in see i mean understand it, not see like an movie in his mind) DARTH/ANAKIN killing palps
    but not the darkness in him.

so good can see good and bad can see bad!

when DARTH was on the Super star destroyer with palps he was talking to luke telling him to join him- but palps couldn't sence luke coz palps is all bad! but darth had the good in him...........

19. Handsome_Jedi

Handsome_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2001
    Perfect Dark,

I luv the spoilers you drop in here from time to time. Great job. Have you personally read the script or have you just recieved these fragments?

I gotta know!!!!

Please for a Handome_Jedi?

20. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    i don't know anything about a script.

21. Handsome_Jedi

May 18, 2001
    I see...

That is your decision...

22. Zorg

Zorg Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    Handsome if anyone HAS read the script noone would admit to it..
    It would have serious repurcussions.

Edit : typos.

23. Handsome_Jedi

May 18, 2001
    Zorg,

U are mistaken. I have never opened a thread on the script. Nor will I ever...I wuz just curious about Perfect Dark...

She doesn't have to answer...

24. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    i have
    -= THE BEST =-
    sig that i'm going to use... but not now, in a few days or so!
    this one is geting OLD

this is soooo cool
    :);):)

25. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    ***** 100 posts*****

YEAH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.