The prophecy is coming true

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Perfect_Dark, May 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    no doubt. hoedaack you know we'll take whatever we can get.
  2. BigJerk Jedi Youngling

star 3
    "You are so smart BigJerk"

(This is a person who obviously doesn't know me very well...)

Anyways, does the number of assistants he has indicate a decline in Palpatine's health?
  3. grendelsfork Jedi Master

star 4
    Palpatine has more aides? Hmm ill remeber that for the next 'name game'.
  4. Gonk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    And let me guess... they ALL look creepy.
  5. BlackPool Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I know I am comming in late with this and I am sorry for that. But I just read that spy report, "Lost and Found", where Padme is talking about "Every fiber in her being is telling her it's Dooku"? All the Jedi can say is the usual "hard to see the dark side is" line!? OK, I am sure that we don't know all the facts about this but it sure looks like they are making Padme out to be more intuitive then the Jedi!? If that's true, then that is CRAP!

It was suggested a while ago that Padme was force sensitive. But Sith Interceptor said she was not. But after reading this report it sure as heck looks like she is. I mean, Leia turned out to be force sensitive right? And they had her say things similar to Padme there like "He's alive. I can feel it." line about Luke from the end of Jedi. This ofcourse was said after it was revealed that she was adept with the force. It seems we are talking about what we know in the real world as intuition.

Now is Lucas making a seperation between intuition and actaully feeling something through the force? I am confused here. But I sure hope it's not what it seems.
  6. Vanda Jedi Master

star 4
    But Padme's wrong too. It's not Dooku behind the assassination attempt(s). It's Nute. And behind Nute is Sidious. I doubt good ol' Dooku even KNOWS about the attempts.

So Padme's wrong, and, from a certain point of view, the Jedi are right...at least about this. Boy were they wrong in the end, though.
  7. BlackPool Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Yeah, I had heard that Nute was the one that was actually behind the attempts. But, from a certain point of view, it could be Dooku if I have my facts straight. To my understanding thus far, it seems that Dooku is the real head of the corporate allience right? Nute is one of them. Plus, Jango Fett kills Nute's assassin, Zam Wessile. I have heard of Jango Fett working for no one other then Dooku. So Dooku's underling Nute wants revenge. Dooku let's him take it, but sends Jango Fett to make sure nothing damaging can be traced back to him (my guess). So again, from a certain point of view, it would seem that Dooku is behind it.
  8. Vanda Jedi Master

star 4
    You do have a few facts mistaken. They are:
    Dooku is the head of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, not the Corporate Alliance. The Corporate Alliance IS part of the Confederacy, but their leader is Passel Argente. Nute is the leader (representative) of the Trade Federation, which is part of the Corporate Alliance with the Intergalactic Bank Clan. So Nute is with the Confederacy, but he's not THAT important to them.

However, for the most part, what you say makes sense. Dooku wouldn't want anything traced back to him IF he knows about it. But it still could just be a freelance thing Nute has undertaken.

By the way, for more superfun facts like the ones I listed above, I suggest you (and everybody) visit and thouroughly read the first link in my sig. :)
  9. Gonk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think part of the point is that Padme is closer to the truth than the Jedi actually are. The Jedi have become so blinded by thier own virture that even the regular person can see the reality of certain situations better then they can.

The Jedi are in denial, I think, about the whole Sith mystery...or at least exhibiting forms of denial.
  10. Sith Interceptor Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually Vanda, Dooku knows all about the assasination attempts.

Who controls the Bounty Hunter who is contracted to the killings?
  11. Q187 Force Ghost

star 4
    Uhhhh........Jar Jar?
  12. BlackPool Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Thanks Vanda for straitening me out.

But still it seems that no matter which way you look at it, it still comes back to Dooku. So Padme is able to sense not the instagator of the danger (Nute) but darn near the cause of the entire problem (Dooku). The irony is she misses the pinacle of it all (Sidious) and he is standing right in front of her.

OK, here's the million dollar question for me I think. What is said about Dooku before this moment that would make her think it was him? Or does she make this assertion out of no where? Will Dooku's evil be hinted at before this? In other words, will this play out like a cheep detective show like say Hawaii 5-O? You know where MacGarret get this hunch about who the killer is at the beginning of the show and never is wrong about it.
  13. Ternian Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Dooku is the one organising the Bounty Hunters to pop her off. Jango is recruited on these spice mines, according to olde SI reports, by Dooku himself.

Nute is only really there to help Dooku achieve his target. This really isn't about the Trade Federation anymore; like it was in TPM. "There is always a much bigger fish" or the Confederacy.

What I don't get is; What is the point of attacking Padme? Surely by now someone should be thinking...hmmm...spice mine problems, building an army...isn't there a link here? But then again, I feel Obi-Wan is the one who knows this and feels it is Palpatine.
  14. Perfect_Dark Jedi Knight

star 2
    humm,
    alot of stuff here... i think i should stay out of this one!

PD

(Edit= ooohhh, i'm 1127!!..(27 is my number!)
  15. Gonk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I always figured Dooku knew about the attempts-- but what I figure is that he doesn't APPROVE of them. Nute sort of goes over his head. Dooku may officially control these bounty hunters, but they're not acting on his orders.

This I think explains why those fighters attack both Jango and Obi-Wan. Dooku is showing his displeasure.
  16. BlackPool Manager Emeritus

star 4
    There's a lot of questions left unanswered about all this. We could sure use one of Padme's all powerful hunches right about now :)
  17. Perfect_Dark Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well not much happening back here!

new sig just in! :)
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
  18. Askaak Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey cool. A Beru line. Thanks, PD!
  19. Jedi Chikara Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool new line. What could she be talking about? Just the planet itself or something in particular?
  20. Perfect_Dark Jedi Knight

star 2
  21. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
    Beru: What's the lake like?

Padme: What?

Beru: On Naboo, what's it like?

(She's never seen a lake or river or anything before)
  22. Jedi Chikara Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Jedi Chikara Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, and you've been hanging around SI too long, PD. ;)
  24. Vanda Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Perfect_Dark Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know! :D

(edit= this was to Jedi Chikara)

thanks van
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.