main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The prophecy is coming true

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Perfect_Dark, May 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Republic_Clone_1337

Republic_Clone_1337 Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    Odd that someone who feels the need to comment on every post in every thread would lurk for months on end without saying anything.

Odd indeed...

2. Plo_by_Plo

Plo_by_Plo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Fellows, if you do not believe that i have read through this thread all summer that is certainly your opinion. One does not have to be a registered member of the JC to enjoy reading the forums. It really is not important. However, the dialogue that came out of this thread sure kept members coming back over and over. Regardless of differences, I think most people really enjoyed the dialogue excerpts and speculation. As most members have said, it made the summer alot of fun at tfn.

3. Republic_Clone_1337

Republic_Clone_1337 Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    Eh, most of the dialog was out-of-date any way...

4. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    No, Plo, I do believe that you were here reading this thread during the summer.

Believe me, I do...

5. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    well this thread takes me back in time....

and i dont want to go back....maybe i'll skip ahead to trailer day!

6. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Great thread. Wow, it's amazing how far we've come... :)

7. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    This and SI's thread were the high points in here all summer. PD was cool, and not as stingy as SI.

SI makes you work for everything. I'm glad he did, now, though, as there isn't much left to speculate about, and I actually wish he dragged it out longer...

8. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    I agree, he was a stingy bastard.

At least PD had a hot ass...

9. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Rumour has it that SI hasn't given everything away just yet. You still have much to learn, my young padawans.

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Sith Interceptor....so good to see you fully functional again. I think he's ready to mess with the minds of all the newbies that will surge in the next few months. [face_devil] And I will sit back and enjoy [face_mischief]

11. Halloween_Jack

Halloween_Jack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2001
    so good to see you fully functional again.

It's like he's never been away.. [face_mischief]

12. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    >>I loved this thread. This past summer was wonderful because of it. PD's signatures were always highly anticipated.<<

Curious comment for someone who just joined.

Sniff. Sniff. I smell a dirty sock...

13. Perfect_Dark

Perfect_Dark Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2001
    Humm, things have changed

new icons and all.... it has been a long time!

BOBAFETISH - i was new to the whole thing but SI was an old timer and new how to be a bit stingy.

Thank you everyone.. i had a good time as well :D

PD

SI - stop talk'n about my ass - danm! [face_laugh]

14. QuiBobJinn

QuiBobJinn Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2000
    No...thank you. :)

15. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    She is returned! So, where've you been hidin all this time? :D

16. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
  17. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    Bob - if i tell you i'll have to kill you...

;)

PD

18. Plo_by_Plo

Plo_by_Plo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    PD, good to see you back. I read this threa a good deal this summer before I registered on the JC. ALways enjoyed seeing the new sig. Thanks!!!...for all the good reading. You are great.

19. Metallx321

Metallx321 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2000
    why didn't the prophecy mention that the chosen one would end up killing most of the jedi in the process. Seems like an important detail.

20. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    i don't know - maybe it was ment to be that way coz of Luke in the end.

21. Metallx321

Metallx321 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2000
    real nice of the prophecy then.

also, wouldn't you think someone would have bothered to read that portion of it?

22. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    All there was of the prophecy was that the Dark Side would grow, causing the balance of the force to slip further, and that a Chosen One would rise to bring back balance. No one could have known that the Chosen One would have turned causing the Dark Side to grow THAT strong.

23. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    ahhhh, memories....

24. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    A pretty good explanation of the prophecy that I've heard and that I believe goes like this. The dark side grows stronger and the balance starts to slip. The only way to restore balance is to get rid of both Sith. That is a feat to accomplish. Since it would be impossible (or at least Super-Difficult) to kill them both at the same, you have to kill them one by one. But, killing one doesn't do any good. The surviving one just starts training a new one, and then there's a new Sith, two again. So in order to bring balance, someone would have to get rid of them both at once.

As it turns out, the only way to do this was to turn to the darkside (and this is the part of the prophecy that no one knew). Palpatine lived in seclusion pretty much, seeing only his guards and Vader. No one could even get close enough to him to kill him...unless they were in his trust already. Therefore, the only way someone could get close to Palps would be to be, say, his apprentice, his right hand man. Then, by killing Palpatine, the chosen one will have returned to the light, thus killing the other Sith in turn.

Obviously, this wasn't a known part of the prophecy, and of course Anakin didn't turn to the darkside with the intention of one day killing the Emporor. But it didn't matter. It was in his "genes", his midichlorians, his destiny.

He brought balance to the Force.

25. dudewalker

dudewalker Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    And if I could also add to your theory that Anakin was also meant to wipe out the jedi, as they themselves had become out of touch with the balance of the force. A jedi shall not know anger, nor hatred, nor love? Nor life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.