main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Prophecy - Vision or Prediciton?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Master_Shaitan, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    This thread regards the Soothsayer whom revealled the 'Prophecy' concerning 'The Chosen One' and his destiny.

As we know the Jedi can see the future and before the OT they used this skill more than using the living force - concentrationg on the moment. Anyhow, the Jedi still knew that the future was always in motion. That it wasn't absolute - that it can change.

So my question is this. If the prophecy was a vision, why would they see it as absolute? Whether it was made by a Jedi or someone outside the order, the Jedi see the future as adaptable - thus how can what this fortune teller saw be set in stone in their eyes? Also, why would they put any faith in it whatsoever?

So my question leads onto this suggestion. The prophecy wasn't a vision, but instead, it was a prediction made through the knowledge of what was going on. What I mean by this is that wouldn't it make more sense that someone knowledgeable whom studied the force and its balance made a prediction on what the force would do? For example, he/she see's that the force will always be shifting in and out of balance - good and evil always exist and every once and a while the forces of evil will take over. He or she could see that the next imbalance will be a big one. That the forces of evil will return stronger than ever and with the Jedi Order being so complacent and being seen as decedant itself that 'dark times are inevitable'. So first of all he makes the prediction that dark times will come. Then what? Well he would question what the Force is going to do to return balance - because thats the nature of the force. It isnt good or evil - it nuetral - it strives for balance - between good and evil, greed and compassion.

The person in question could have come to the conclusion that in order for balance to be brought, the force would need to create a being to do its will in the galaxy as it cannot interfere directly. He believed that someone extremely powerful would be born whom is the only person capable of bringing balance.

I won't go into much more detail concerning his thoughts on what the Chosen One would do or who he would be (yet!) because I really would be bordering on conjecture there!

A Thought? Anyone?

Strilo edit: We really don't need this many threads on the Prophesy. Let's use one for all of this...

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Use one of the exixting Chosen One threads, there's only about a hundred of them :rolleyes:

:D

3. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    Try this one: http://boards.theforce.net/Prequel_Trilogy/b10669/21625308/?9

4. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Thats a thread about the chosen one. This is specific to whom made the prophecy and questions how it was made. I think it merits its own thread as it goes into the development of the prophecy - not what happens with it.

5. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    That thread is about The Chosen One theroy. Not just Anakin in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.