main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The prophetic properties of Coruscant

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Vongchild, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Lets think for a moment about Coruscant. Many of us are so used to it that we don't stop to think. But pretend that you do. The entire planet is a city - its forests are cut down, its mountains are built over, its seas are drained. It's an ecowarrior's nightmare.

Now think for a second. Perhaps Coruscant is sort of an allagory, or a warning, about what could happen to earth if we aren't careful?

Any thoughts?

2. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Oh trust me, we wont get as far as Coruscant if we keep up the rate we're going at. But i wouldnt worry about it if i were you, something'll happen that makes people realize.

3. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    the environmentalists of today won't "allow" that to happen.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Coruscant is a paradise compared to what we'll turn the Earth into.

Trust me, we'll be lucky if we turn into Coruscant.

We're far more likely to end up into a polluted and overpopulated mass like Duro or Metellos.

5. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Coruscant is way too 1337 for the Earth to ever turn into it. Coruscant isn't polluted or disgusting -- it's all nice and shiny and kept clean by machines.

Personally, I hate environmentalism. I'll put economics first any day -- humanity is the master of this planet, and we will do with it as we see fit.

6. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Personally, I hate environmentalism. I'll put economics first any day -- humanity is the master of this planet, and we will do with it as we see fit.

i agree... humanity is indeed master overt his planet. But, as such, humanity has the responsiblity to ensure the survival of Earth.
    Just because you have the power to eradicate something doesnt mean you should.

As of now, Earth is the only planet we've got... we dont have the luxury of a Corellia, or an Alderaan thats just a few days travel via hyperspace. Earth is all we have at the moment, and the process of turning it into Coruscant would be far too long.

Imagine what Coruscant actually went through before it became the clean, shining jewel that it is now

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Coruscant was always a clean shining jewel.

You might mean Metellos, Coruscant's rival planet.

8. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004

Even if Humanity is the master of this planet, other things have the right to live here. Dodo Birds, Tazmanian Tigers, and over 15 species of Lemur are extinct because of us. Actually, more than that.

9. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    But how many species did they kill off creating Coruscant....besides I see us as a combination of worlds.....Tantooine-ish in the deserts like Death-Valley and Coruscant in placs like new york....but Correllian in places like Vegas and where farming communities once stood...

But htere is something you are forgetting....Once we do screw the world up, we build underwater "space stations" and live down there for another hundered years...like on Maanan...then we built rockets and move to another planet, eventually annihilating all nearby galaxies and creating a SW univers in which we are the evil sith and people fear when we come to their planet.

10. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    The way we're going, Earth will be dead sometime in the next 2 centuries, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.