main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The PT On Spike TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GreenLantern_Jedi, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004
    Does anyone know if SPike will re-air the whole Episodes as a marathon on 1 day after they show ROTJ on the last sunday of May??

I know someone mentioned there will be a Christmas marathon.

But there has to be a sooner date than that.

I hope Spike will show a marathon on July.

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Hmm...I don't know. I think they may need to give it a rest for a while, let people really want to see them again before they re-air them. I think Christmas is as good a time as ever.

3. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    It wouldn't suprise me if they did. They tend to have marathons around holidays... and for us here in the States, there could be a marathon around the Fourth of July. But I haven't heard anythign about any marathons except for around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

4. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Does anybody know when they'll be returning to TV? They haven't been on in well over a month and I'm curious as to when they'll be back. And I can't go to the Spike website because it's blocked here at work.

5. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    TPM on june 22 and AOTC on the 30th got it from spike.com

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I saw RotS on Spike in May, it was widescreen. I hope when they replay the Episodes, they could all be in Widescreen format. My old 35" screen cant see most of the opening crawls :D But I dont mind.

7. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Yeah! TPM was on last night. It's always nice just being able to switch the channel and see some Star Wars. That, and being able to DVR them, you can watch them whenever you want. It's a bit easier to watch them like that instead of popping in the DVD. I don't feel guilty for watching 10 or 15 minutes of one.

8. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004
    Agreed!

And yes Spike finally showed TPM on "semi" widescreen!!!

I hope they do the same with AOTC next week.

I've been taping and editing all the lightsaber duels from spike because It's illegal to rip it off from the dvds.:rolleyes: [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

I can watch all those duels from Eps 1-6 compressed to 69 minutes all day.;)

9. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    They should play all six episodes on different channels all at the same time and watch TFN's collective heads explode... :D

10. Cid

Aug 7, 2007

[hr][hl=black][b][color=red]DAGNABBIT!!![/color][/b][/hl]

Apparently they are playing the whole saga on Spike today and, not knowing, i came in at the beginning of ROTS! I'd have liked to have caught TPM, surprisingly enough. The one time i WANT to see TPM i miss it totally!

Come on, people. You guys are slacking. [face_cry]

11. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I just noticed that it was on today during RotS as well. Unfortunately, I have to go to work for the next 8 hours and will not be able to catch ANH.

Are they playing the whole saga? I only see that it goes up to ANH...

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Let me ask you guys this. Do you tune in when you see SW on TV? I find myself usually clicking it to see where it is in the film and maybe watching til commercial. But after that, I usually go to something else. I think it's either because I've seen it so many times or I know the quality's better on the DVDs.

13. Cid

Aug 7, 2007
    Depends on my mood. I don't own the DVD's.

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Really? I find that interesting. I sort of assumed most people had them. Now I can see why you'd tune in. :)

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I do the same thing. In fact, I just did that a few minutes ago. I turned on ANH to see where it was at then turned it off to watch the Phillies game.

If I haven't seen the films in a while, I'll keep them on the whole time, but the thing with Spike is they just recently aired them. There's nothing special about this particular viewing and I think they should have waited longer to re-air them. But of course, that's just how I feel about it.

Maybe I'll tune in to watch ESB tomorrow night since it's my favorite.

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    The second I find they'll be playing in a movie theater, on the other hand, and I'm there.

17. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Well, the only one I don't have on DVD is TPM, so I usually try and catch it if it's on. If I notice it's on, depending on what I am doing, or what else is on, I may record it and save it for later, or may just ignore it. In a case like today, I was saddened to see that it was on, but I guess I probably wouldn't have watched it anyways. :p

But, as you say, I do have better quality version of it available, not to mention that the DVD's do not have commercials.

Although, as I mentioned, I caught a little bit of RotS over supper today, and saw a hilarious commercial for Spike TV with Darth Vader. He was golfing, and guiding the golf ball with the Force. Someone got mad, and Vader started choking him. Then, some other guy started to come at Vader with a golf club, and Darth ignited his saber. I laughed so hard because it was the first time I had seen that one.

Here is a link for anybody who may not have seen it. It is definitely worth checking out. ;)

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    SW has replaced ESPN this week on the tango the wife and I dance with the remote control. Generally, I'll flip to ESPN (or a derivative of ESPN) when she's out of the room or otherwise preoccupied, and she'll flip it back to HGTV (or something similar) when I'm out of the room, on commercial, or otherwise preoccupied. And then we'll go back and forth.

Well, this week instead of ESPN, it's been the SW Saga on Spike. :p Even though, as we both point out, we own all six movies (some in multiple formats) and can watch them whenever we want.

It's sort of like when a song you own comes on the radio. You get happy and sing along and crank it up. Even though you could just play it whenever you want at home.

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Are they gonna keep showing SW on spike until everyone is sick of them? I own all the films, so I don't bother watching it on television.

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Same. I figure why watch it every sunday at 8, if I can watch it when I want.

The way they advertised it, it sounds like it might be going on for awhile.

21. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    It will definitely be going on for a while. I've heard that they'll be replacing the Bond marathons on Thanksgiving and Christmas with Star Wars this year.

Even though I own all of the DVDs I still find myself watching them on TV. If I pull out the DVD, for some reason I feel obligated to watch the whole thing and so it only gets thrown in the DVD player when I can devote 2.5 hours. But if they're just on TV then I can just casually flip back and forth and see what parts are going on.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I think it would be cool to have 24 hours of Star Wars to go along with the 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story.

23. Cid

Aug 7, 2007
    I don't mind them playing it as a marathon on christmas day, that's cool (and strangly appropriate). It's the marathons the other 364 days of the year that's going to get old.

24. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    IMO, Star Wars never gets old. But, that's just me.
    That'd definitely be cool.

25. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'd rather see the trash compactor scene a few times than Deck the Harrs with boughs of horrry 12 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.