main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The PT On Spike TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GreenLantern_Jedi, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I liked the Dark Horse Comic where Luke goes over to the Dark Side and Leia has to save him. That was a cool story.

Like DS, I've always viewed Zahn's Thrawn trilogy as Episodes 7-9 and I think I always will until someone else gains control of the Star Wars trademarks, licenses, etc. from Lucas himself and decides that it's too much of a cash cow to not make movies set after RotJ.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Problem in making the Zahn trilogy is that it carries on the storylines of three people who have aged considerably in real life since RotJ. Another way to look at it, Harrison Ford was so disinterested in doing another film as Han Solo beyond ANH, he pleaded with Lucas to kill his character.

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Yeah thats always been the problem. I couldn't see anyone else portraying the characters either, so I almost plead with Lucas not do 7-9. I know he's said on many occasions he wont, but theres always the random rumour or article that comes up saying it's always a possibility.

4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Lucas only ever wanted to tell the story arc of the character who eventually came to be known as Anakin Skywalker. These 6 films is that one story. He didn't have a story written for before or after Anakin's story.

5. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Has anybody seen any trailers for the CW movie on TV? I'd expect to see it during the commercial breaks for any showings of the movies, but have sat through quite a few while flipping around when the films have been on and seen nothing. Now I haven't watched The Cartoon Network, but I'd expect to see a trailer for the film on any channel seeing as it is independent of the CN.

6. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    While that's true about Lucas' intended story, that is also what makes the Thrawn trilogy such a great story arc. It is a coherent, logical progression of the characters that Lucas designed in the saga. Now, obviously, if Lucas wanted to expand his story to the time period after Anakin's death, then he could. If he wanted to shift the focus more to the twins, he could.

Obviously, if Lucas wanted to write a new SW story that would correspond with the actors' respective ages, he could do it and he could make it work. He wouldn't necessarily be boxed into the Thrawn-verse as we know it. He could take the characters into an entirely different direction and blow up all the EU post-saga continuity. I'd buy tickets to see that show.

7. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Quiet as a tomb.

I haven't seen a single trailer on TV. I would've thought they would've been shown during the commercial breaks on Spike during the movies, y'know, how they show some of that behind the scenes and extra facts and footage. But alas, nothing yet..

8. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I would have thought the exact same thing. Just today I mentioned to a few people about the new movie coming out and they were completely clueless. It's coming out five weeks from yesterday and there hasn't been a single trailer, or atleast one that I've seen. They may have aired one on the Cartoon Network but you'd think they'd show something relevant on either Spike or highly rated primetime tv show to get the word out.

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I've been checking out the stations it's due to air up here in Canada for about the last 3 days- y'know just flippin threw on prime time hours, and not a single trace. Maybe Lucas doesn't plan to advertise it on tv, maybe he'll only do it for the series.

Not the smartest thing to do, but he's GL, he can do whatever the hell he wants apparently.

10. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I agree that's not the smartest thing for him to do. But, I'm thinking we might experience an onslaught of advertisement as soon as the CW toys (maybe?) released. It's more or less the kick off of the Star Wars run with the film, TFU and then the series. I don't think too many people besides us superfans are aware that a movie, much less a TV is going to be coming out.

I sure would like to see that trailer on TV.

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Me too, I just don't feel like paying $12 to go see a movie I have no interest in just to see the trailer. I remember doing that in the PT days, and spending the rest of the movie anticipating and re-watching the trailer in my head.

The toys for Mcdonalds have been shown on the internet already- nothing special, nothing original. Anyone know when the CW action figures are due to hit the shelves?

12. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Yes, the date the toys will be released is July 26. I think some stores will have midnight openings just like when the prequels came out.

13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I've been checking out toysrus.ca for the listing's up here in Canada, but I can't find squat. I don't think it would make much difference anyway, the toys r us near my house barely carries SW. It seems every retail store carries like 3 different action figures- all lame ones, and a few of those $7.99 lightsabers. I'm guessing my best bet would be to go to the Comic Book Store up my street, but they overcharge like mad because they know you can't find a good majority of it anywhere.

14. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    You said it perfectly. All of the Walmarts and Targets around here don't have much for SW. They do have those cheap lightsabers as well as the Galactic Heroes, neither of which I'm a fan of. And the local comic book store has tons of stuff all the way back to the 70s, but everything is incredibly expensive. But the stuff that's coming out does look promising so we'll just wait and see for another 11 days.

15. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Anybody pay attention to the Star Wars commercials during the airings on Spike? My personal favorite was when Darth Vader was on the golf course. It was one of the better commercials I've seen in some time. Turns out they'll be airing some new ads soon.

From TFN main page, here they are!

The second one is classic! "Hey, they're about to announce the door prize winner!....."

16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Yeah those are pretty sweet, there was also a few web advertisements about a month ago that was never brought up here. It's a line up of people, from about the belt down, all holding their shoes, then in the middle it's Darth Vader holding his boots. I thought they were pretty cute.

I'm also super jelous of NYC, because they get the bus shelters that have LED tubes in them that look like lightsabers, advertising the saga on Spike.

17. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I found myself literally laughing out loud at the commercial with Vader playing golf. Clearly he plays to win and he wins by cheating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.