main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The Public Relations Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    It would have been nice to get more than 24 hours warning however :p

2. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    So is this on tomorrow?

Don't want another OT cossie there too....? It's 99% done.

3. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Skipp, Luke Jedi perhaps ? [face_whistling]

4. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Nope. Secret squirrel. Cat will be out the bag Saturday...or tomorrow if wanted.

Toddi knows...can send pics if he wants... ;)

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Tomorrow is a very last minute thing, skipp. All organised.

Saturday it shall be ;)

6. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    No dramas. Hope it goes well. Thought it would've been a nice addition, but still looking foward to Saturday ;)

7. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    It would be nice if i had of gotten any more than 3 hours notice as well SP :p

But these things happen and whilst i did try to call you at around 6... you wern't answering.

But Ha Sa ra sa ra.

these things happen and i am greatful for Toddi's efforts in getting ahold of those i couldn't get a hold of.

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks for including me guys, this was a great show!! Laughed lots....worth seeing for sure!

9. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    here's some photo's I took tonight..I believe Addie might have some to post too, with Charles in them.

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/charity%20events/DSC00137.jpg] [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/charity%20events/DSC00136.jpg] [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/charity%20events/DSC00135.jpg] [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/charity%20events/DSC00134.jpg]

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, I do, but need to suck up to Justifier as the program to upload them is on his computer! :eek: He's gone to bed tonight, so tomorrow night ;)

11. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    BIG BIG BIG BIG and another BIG thank you to those who came on short notice,
    You all eased my stress in getting you all together considerably

Thank you Again to all those that assisted and as soon as i can organize it you'll all be receiving a small token of my appreciation.

Not only did we show that at short notice we can gather a number of costumed star wars fans in to an area, i think we showed that we can do it in a professional manner (yes minus me forgetting my boots in a moment of stress)

I know we put our best foot forward and Neil (PR) was extremely happy with what we did.

Thank You All again... i am man enough to admit that that having this given to me yesterday was enough to stress me out big time... but thank you for easing that stress load and understanding that i was trying to work out all this on as much info as I had given Toddi and those i had spoken too.

I can sleep now knowing that with the events of tonight he knows the name of the SAFF and 501st and wont hesitate in calling upon us in the future.

Sleep Time

12. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    May the SAFF PR wheel continue turning! ;)

Thanks very much for including us, Quin. SAFF is almost always ready at very short notice!

13. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    Dude i love the SAFF as much as the 501st :p any event i hear on one side i always let the other side know about :)

We're Star Wars remember... and the SAFF and 501st seriously kick butt together :p

Don't worry, i've got a number of joint events coming up on the horizon.

Only main reason why i 501st'ed tonight was purely cause of ticket holders and such.

props on MS for that btw

14. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Photos look good.

But, it's a clone trooper! Haven't seen one of them for 20 years or so... ;)

15. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks Quin for including us, I agree ...we are all SW fans & it's great that we can get together , even at very short notice & help one another out.

I think a good healthy, close relationship between SAFF & the 501st SA Garrison is imperative.

The biggest thanks should probably go to Darren, the K's he travelled at short notice deserves a special mention. :)

Had a great night, I can't wait to see it again on Saturday night. Thanks Quin & Toddi for making it happen :D

BTW- to those who haven't seen it yet, Charles Ross's R2D2 impersonation is AMAZING !!

16. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    A SA garrison? GARRISON?? Better not let the command staff hear about that. 501st TAG inside joke... sorry :p

TI-3482 out.

17. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    SA squad is better....

more insider jokes.... [face_mischief]

18. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    squad/ Garrison....group of bucketheads o_O

it's all the same to us lightsiders [face_laugh]

19. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    2 (slightly) on topic questions:
    - do they have a website (SA guys) and accessible message board (for the SA guys or everyone) that can be looked at?
    - do they take all bucketheads...Jangos even?

20. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Best idea skipp would be to PM Quin with those queries ... this is not a 501st recruitment thread ;)

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/1%20man%20SW%20Show/DSCF2188.jpg][image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/1%20man%20SW%20Show/DSCF2187.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/1%20man%20SW%20Show/DSCF2185.jpg][image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/1%20man%20SW%20Show/DSCF2190.jpg]

More coming, but they are being 'worked on' ;)

22. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Great shots :)

I hope he's ready for more costumes on Saturday....teehee ;)

23. luche

luche Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    thanks for those A-D :) muchly appreciated!

24. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    My Youth Group is re-starting on the 4th of May (May the 4th be with you. . .) So our Youth Minister was going to base it around Star Wars.
    He requested if I could pull up some of my Star Wars Friends to come along Dressed up.

He requested just 6 specific SW characters to help us celebrate. (as not to scare the New Youth People that would come, With a lot of Scary Adults in costume.)

He asked for a Darth Vader, two storm troopers, two characters that have a duel worked out and Padme as Queen.

I have approached those people that fit in with this and have asked them to participate.

Hopefully this will be a successful event.

25. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    A HUGE Thankyou to everyone that came! It was an awesome night!!
    The duel was cool (the dry Ice made a good effect) it was so funny to see the kids reactions to Vader!!

Thankyou, THANKYOU again for taking the time to come! [:D] [face_love]
    (please post Pics) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.