The QCJO Welcomes You

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by UluUlix, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UluUlix Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Greetings. I would like to welcome eveyone to the Quad City Jedi Order Post Boards. We, the executive council, would like to invite you to share in our excitement and our community that focuses on our common love of the Star Wars Universe.

Some of us our old enough to remember the anticipation as we sat in the theatre and waited for the lights to dim and fade. For some us that was 1977. Others have memories of the Special Edition as it was released in the theatres. Regardless of our ages, or which year it was-we still remember it as Star Wars-The Original Trilogy.

The screen was filled with the 20th Century Fox Logo and theme. And then the journey started with...

Along time ago in a Galaxy far, far away...

Join us as we share in the excitement again. We are looking forward to a wonderful year. We have several activities planned. As we get closer to Episode III, we have many events that you can join us in. We are doing a Midnight Madness at Toys R US the original # 1 toy store, we will be there again in the morning, There is R2's birthday party, Celebration III, and of course line up for the release of E III, and more!The past is prologue...

Please contact Steve for membership info, and if you have any questions feel free to contact Steve or Me.

Chris Bornhoeft-President
    Steve Bornhoeft-Vice President and web development
    Nathan Paxton-Web master
    Kent Heath (Uluulix)-Communications
  2. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks for the welcome, UluUlix...

I am TeeCee, a 'mysterious' visitor from the Unknown Territories, out beyond Endor (check your Galactic maps from the Del Rey novels, and you'll see my region of the Galaxy.) I am wrapped in concealing clothing, part of my culture's need for privacy. Concealment is part of our nature. I am a "Traveler," a special person questing for knowledge in the Galaxy, one day to return to teach my people. I have chosen the way of the Jedi to show my people to use the Force they love so much. I have learned there is much more to learn.

Mundanely, I am and have been a fan of Star Wars since its premiere of Episode Four, in 1977. I have seen all incarnations of Star Wars including the Life Day Special, the Muppet Show crossover, Boba Fett's animated premiere, The Ewok Adventure films(Including the sequel with the human girl, Cindel), The Star Wars Droids/Ewok Animated show, and the first season of the Clone Wars "microseries." I own several models of Star Wars original Kenner toys, and once hade the entire Kenner ship series, including the Mini-Rigs.

I was a charter member of the QCJO, from its first meeting. I continued as a passive member when I had too many financial and work conflicts to remain active. Thanks to the Bornhoefts and all the regulars (who are all indeed great guys), I was able to see the results of movie-quality propmaking and costuming. My area of interest in Star Wars is in the history, ship design, character development and writing fan fiction. Though my attending most meetings was out because of the aforementioned reasons, and my interests went in sometimes different directions than for certain club projects, I still appreciate and support the efforts of the QCJO in promotion of Science Fiction and Star Wars in particular.

Currently I would still consider my self a QCJO member, pending the active council's approval. I have been in regular contact with Steven Bornhoeft, as I work at the same college as he does. I value and appreciate his association, and wish to continue with all QCJO members too.

However, I am also an active member in a multi-genre group in the Quad Cities IA-IL region--the Orion Organization. We have been in operation since December 2004. Our slogan in the Orion Organization is "On the Hunt for the Elements of Fun." To do this, we focus on Elements, or different interest groups.

Orion functions as a "clearing house" of these interest groups, all with an Orion connection--For instance, The Star Trek group is the USS Orion NX-2011; the Action-Adventure group is the ORION group, "Organization Righting the Injustices Of Nations" ala "The Man from UNCLE." A Star Wars group has been talked about, and since the Official Star Wars club in the area has basically four active members, Orion Organization would like to extend a formal invitation to join forces.

There is room for the four active members of the QCJO to participate with Orion, possibly in full affiliation, or a loose cooperative. NO infringement is meant, nor wanted--we just can do more together than separately. The Quad City Jedi Order would remain just that, with autonomy and with all offices and active memberships honored. Orion would function to be able to get more membership available for QCJO and the Organization at large.

Our invitation is open to all QCJO membership and Officers to consider. We wish friendship and cooperation in promoting both organizations up to and including the Episode III premiere. If any of you would like to consider seeing what we are about, please attend the April Meeting, 2pm-345pm, Saturday, April 9, 2005, at the East Moline (IL) Public Library, 16th Avenue off Kennedy Drive, in East Moline. You can also go to our online presence, the Orion Organization Yahoo! Group, at http://groups.yahoo.com/orion_organization. We even have secondary Activities and Command Staff Meeting, sites and times TBA.

Membership is free, and with a chance to have triple the active membership in the IA-IL area, our invitation may benefit both group for sometime to come. So c
  3. SenseiJedi Jedi Youngling

Kool,
    please send me some information to satorikai@hotmail.com

Sensei Jedi
  4. UluUlix Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Notice: Spoiler at the bottom of the thread!

Well-Toys R Us was a blast. For all who attended-thank you. It was a great time and I know that the staff appreciated all of your hard work. Next will be R2's birthday, and then it is off to Celebration III. Indiana is not that far if you wanted to go for a Sat. thingy. The great thing is that you can get a one day pass and have a good time.

After CIII it is full throttle to the EP III release. This is an exciting time and I know that some of you who bought toys have had the ships out of their boxes and done fly-bys over your figures,pets, and whatever else.

I personally have been displaying a couple clones and trying to figure out if I want a Special Ops Clone Helmet-This group is the 501st legion. In the preview they accompany Anakin/Vader into the temple for the massacre.
  5. zpac4 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey Kent, you forgot to include me! How about......Zack Dail: Proverbial Sidekick.
  6. Mandalorian_Bad-Ass Jedi Youngling

Greetings all!! TeeCee1, I met you at the T'r'U promo. Im the Guy with the IMP jacket, remember? Finally found your group, Looks pretty sweet. I will try to make it to the meeting if I can get my vehicle running.. "better check the negative power coupling" Well hope to talk with ya soon, just dropping in to say hi!!
  7. UluUlix Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Zack,

I could never forget you. One trooper is ok, but two are awesome-even though you are skinnier than me! Do me a favor, I need you to PM me with your address and phone number for the upcoming event of mine in August!
  8. UluUlix Jedi Youngling

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.