main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Queen And The Sith (AU, Obidala, Padmé/Anakin NO ADULTERY!!, Qui-Gon) Cover added!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lincoln_6_Echo, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh wow, well, that was?unexpected yet I like the idea.

Great update and thanks for the pm.

2. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    please hurry with the next part!!!!!!!!! ;)

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Interesting that Obi-Wan would agree to marry her so quickly. They must still be in love even though she was married to Anakin. That Bail was willing to back her up is a good sign.

Good job.

4. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I hope that Padme makes sure to spend time with her children and doesn't abandon them like leia does in canon! Oh, Obi I really hope you are marrying Padme for the right reason!

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I've been lurking, I'll admit...very nice job. I'm sure that will be a nice Obi-Wan & Padme conversation - I can hardly wait.

6. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Yaaa!! Obi and Padme are getting married? So who's organizing the ceremony, who's designing Padme's clothings? Who's making the wedding cake? Who's Obi's best man? Let it be me! :p

The chapter conveys a good sense of how Padme is disorientated and stressed at the same time. I hopes Bail and the Jedi order is doing the right thing by making her the Chancellor.

Let's see how Obi's and Padme's conversation goes. Also, one important question: will Luke and Leia have the Kenobi last name?

Salvete!

7. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    =D=

Rachel Rose@};-

8. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wow wonderful posts!!!~ I love that they are getting married and am interested in seeing if obi-wan has something other than his duty to the republic dictating his actions.....great job!!!!~

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Not exactly the romantic declaration of love a girl wants to hear before her wedding day.

10. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    Thank you so much for the reviews. Unfortunately in these days I am swamped with work because I have a deadline I must absolutely respect. So I have no time to reply to each of you as usual. I hope you will understand.

PART TWELVE

Padmé found Obi-Wan in the Jedi Temple gardens, when she went to visit him the next day.

He was kneeling in the soft grass under a tree, his eyes closed and his face relaxed. He seemed to be in deep meditation, thus she moved to a nearby stone bench as silently as she could, not wanting to disturb him.

She was close enough to observe him, and her heart constricted. He was thinner and paler than the last time she had seen him and more silver had crept into the hair by his temples, and the furrow on his brow was deeper.

The pain of his loss was etched deeply in his features, and Padmé dreaded the moment he would open his eyes, afraid to find them dull or devoid of life.

She could not even imagine what he had gone through. She had lost her husband, but Obi-Wan had lost everything. His home, his friends, his way of living. He was now the last of the Sith, for Qui-Gon had informed her he had given the surviving children back to their families, or transferred them to the Jedi when it had been impossible to track down their parents.

Finally Obi-Wan resurfaced from his meditation, and when his eyes met hers, she was relieved to see they still sparkled with his inner self.

?Senator Amidala,? he greeted her with a bow of his head.

?Obi-Wan, please, don?t call me so. We have passed through many things together to be so formal.?

He nodded, ?Yes, Padmé.? He put his hands flat on the ground and used his arms to help himself back to his feet. He then retrieved his cane from where he had posed it against the tree trunk, and limped to the stone bench she was sitting on. He lowered himself at her side and looked calmly at her.

There was a moment of silence before she asked, ?How are your legs doing??

Obi-Wan shrugged his shoulders. ?They lack coordination and sometimes they buckle under my weight, but at least they allow me to walk around without needing a hoverchair.?

?What do the healers say? Will they heal??

?They don?t know. There is no reference about similar cases in the archives. They are optimistic since there has been some progresses, but they cannot say if they will continue to improve.?

?I am sorry,? she murmured.

?Why? It is not your fault.?

Padmé looked at him intently. ?I am sorry about everything. About lying to you years ago; about not listening to you after Geonosis; about the end of the Sith Order; about not having been near you when you learned the truth?you-you are a wonderful man, Obi-Wan, and deserved much more than life gave you,? she concluded in a rush, her emotions having the upper hand over her control.

Obi-Wan sighed deeply as his eyes flashed. ?Thank you for caring. It means a lot to me. I was afraid you would not want to be near me again after I had killed Anakin.?

Padmé swallowed hard and briefly lowered her head to look at her hands. ?You did what you had to do, and by what Qui-Gon and Yoda explained me, you did not kill Anakin, but a man called Darth Vader. Anakin was already dead by then.?

Obi-Wan nodded, but said nothing. Silence fell on them, but it was not uneasy.

?Obi-Wan, may I ask you something?? Padmé said after a while.

?Of course.?

?Why are you willing to marry me and recognize my children as your own? It is just because you feel it is your duty to the Republic??

Obi-Wan looked at her for a long while, his blue-grey eyes intent. ?Partly. I believe you are the right person to lead the Senate during these difficult times, so it is my duty as Sith Master to help you to do your job at your best. But I also thought that since it is important you marry, you might have preferred do it with someone you know and, I hope, are comfortable with rather than with a stranger. Of course I will never pretend there is more than friendship between us, and I am ready to step aside should you have someone els

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll be sorry to see it over, but I can't wait to know what happens to everyone! :D

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and released his regrets into the Force. It was useless to dwell in the past. He had to look only forward: to his job, to raising Luke and Leia to be the next generation of Sith, to the teaching position given him in the Jedi Temple and, of course, to being near Padmé for the rest of their lives. For now that he had her, he would never let her go again. He would not be able to bear it.

Another, longer applause made the Senate dome almost tremble and Obi-Wan returned to the present, adding to the clapping, as Padmé turned in his direction, searching for him among the crowd until their eyes met and locked and only the two of them existed.

Beautiful and perfect. =D=

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

OMG :_| this story is so beautiful and now it is nearly over

Obi-Wan sucked on his breath and his eyes turned smoky grey. ?Do you really need to ask?? He murmured throatily, ?I thought you knew I never stopped loving you.?

Awww[:D]

Padmé and Obi-Wan married two days later, inside the Jedi Temple, with Bail Organa celebrating it as Qui-Gon and Yoda posed as witnesses.

Yeah their married.:D

Obi-Wan loved the Republic as much as he had loved the Sith Order and loved his wife.

His wife. A smile spread on his bearded face and, for the first time in ages, it reached his eyes. He still had to get used to the notion Padmé was his wife. It was a dream became reality, even if the circumstances behind the wedding were far from happy.

Yahoo, Yahoo He is happy[:D]

Bad luck about Anakin [face_laugh]

Another brilliant post.=D=

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...that was just lovely.

I'm glad Padme was wise enough to realize she need some time to mourn Anakin before allowing Obi-Wan to be more than her friend.

Luke and Leia being rasied as Sith? :eek: :eek:

Nice touch.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Beautiful update, I love it and thanks for the pm.

15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    [face_love]

Obi-Wan looked at her for a long while, his blue-grey eyes intent. ?Partly. I believe you are the right person to lead the Senate during these difficult times, so it is my duty as Sith Master to help you to do your job at your best. But I also thought that since it is important you marry, you might have preferred do it with someone you know and, I hope, are comfortable with rather than with a stranger. Of course I will never pretend there is more than friendship between us, and I am ready to step aside should you have someone else in mind.?

Padmé nodded, then blurted out, caught by an impulse, ?And what if I should want more than friendship??

Obi-Wan sucked on his breath and his eyes turned smoky grey. ?Do you really need to ask?? He murmured throatily, ?I thought you knew I never stopped loving you.?

So sweet, I really enjoy this story.

16. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Obi-Wan sucked on his breath and his eyes turned smoky grey. ?Do you really need to ask?? He murmured throatily, ?I thought you knew I never stopped loving you.? [/iOkay that was my favorite part!

17. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    awesome!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till monday to find out if she loves him...but I mean who couldn't love Obi-Wan?

18. Crazydan

Apr 1, 2005
    That was just beautiful and lot of new hopes there. So there will be a new "generation" of Sith after all, like Luke and Leia. Sounds like you have some ideas for a sequel in the future, perhap?

Good luck with work. I can understand how it can get busy. When my midterms are coming, I'm going to have all nighters and be working lot on studying and assignments. Yeah, it's going to be fun!

19. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    =D=

Rachel Rose@};-

20. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    Hello all and thank you for the reviews!!!
    Alas DRL is still chasing me and I have no time for individual replies. I hope you will enjoy this final chapter.

PART THIRTEEN

Padmé keyed the code of hers and Obi-Wan?s apartment and slipped inside, trying to be as silent as possible. It was well past midnight and the large flat was enveloped by darkness but for the moonlight filtering inside from the windows in the large circular living room.

Everyone seemed to be asleep, her maids and Threepio included. It was not surprising given the late hour. The meeting with the committee she had created to revise and rewrite the constitution, and made sure another Palpatine-like tyranny would not arise again, had lasted far longer than predicted.

She was exhausted but satisfied about how things were progressing, and looked forward to sleeping well into the morning, for it was a vacation day.

Padmé posed her briefcase on a tall table near the door and tiptoed to the twins? room, wishing to see them before collapsing on her bed.

However part of her tiredness disappeared when she found the two cradles empty. Frowning slightly she wondered if Miarté, the nurse, had taken them to her room, as she sometimes did when the little ones were difficult to settle. Then she remembered Miarté was on vacation for a couple of days?which meant there was only another place where Luke and Leia could be.

Smiling gently, Padmé walked to Obi-Wan?s bedroom and found her guess confirmed when she noticed the door had been left open.

She peered inside and what she saw made her heart flip-flop in her chest.

Her husband was sleeping in the middle of his large bed, and had Luke and Leia sprawled atop his bare chest, cradled there by his protective arms. The twins were asleep, their little bodies rising and falling with each of Obi-Wan?s breaths.

Moving silently, she approached the bed and looked down. She did not know why the twins were there instead of in their room, but it hardly mattered, for she could see no signs of distress on their tiny faces.

Padmé stood there, looking at the three most important people of her life, enjoying that serene and tender scene. She studied Obi-Wan?s face, taking advantage of the rare opportunity to observe ? admire, really ?him while he was not aware of her perusing.

He looked fine, the dark circles he had sported under his eyes for months gone. His face was relaxed, his mouth slightly open and the lock of hair fallen over his brow gave him a boyish look.

Padmé had press her fingernails into her palms to prevent herself from reaching out and brushing back the soft-looking lock. And it was not the only thing she wished to do. She wanted to stroke his beard and see if it was as soft as it looked, she wanted to comb the hair on his chest, before letting her hand slide down his belly and?her cheeks flushed flaming red.

What was she thinking?

?It is obvious,? a sarcastic voice said inside her. ?You want him.?

Yes, she thought, she wanted Obi-Wan, but it was much more than a matter of sex. She wanted his love.

No, that was not right. She already had his love, she had always had it, and even if they had not talked about it since before their marriage, Padmé knew Obi-Wan wished to make their marriage a real one.

How many times, in the seven months they had lived together, she had seen the longing in his eyes when he thought she was not noticing? How many times had his hand stopped mid-air as he reached to touch her?

Obi-Wan wanted her, there was no doubt about it. But was she ready to give him what he wanted? What he deserved?

They had gotten closer during the past months. Living and working together, spending sleepless nights when the twins kept on crying had stirred in her powerful emotions.

Little by little all the feelings she had experienced thirteen, almost fourteen years before had returned. She had remembered all the things she had loved in young Obi-Wan as she had come to discover new traits of his personality.

She now knew Obi-Wan was grumpy in the m

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh how I love a happy ending!

I'm so glad to see Padme ready to let go of the past and open up to Obi-Wan. Now they can enjoy a "real" marriage.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

wonderful story from beginning to end, and please keep me on the PM list for you next one.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A perfect ending to a lovely story! [face_love]

?I love you,? she murmured, vowing to spend her entire life saying and showing it to Obi-Wan.

?As I love you,? Obi-Wan answered with equal intensity. He kissed the top of her head, as his long fingered hand slid up and down her bare back, in long caresses meant not to be arousing but affectionate.

Padmé relaxed completely under his touch, soon feeling sleepy again, a not surprising occurrence after the previous night.

She saw no reason to fight her slumber, and there was no better place where to rest than in Obi-Wan?s arms.

Then. Now. Always.

=D=

23. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    that was an amazing chapter to end a great story! Thanks for the pm and please add me to your upcoming pm list!

24. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, this was an amazing ending to an amazing story, really romantic.

Thanks for the pm and please add me to the pm list for your new story.

25. Crazydan

Apr 1, 2005
    Beautiful story. Just so classical love story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.