main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Question We Don't Want to Address...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Cobbler, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobbler

Cobbler Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2017
    I think we have all thought about the time when they stop making Star Wars movies, games, etc. Basically, the worst time of your life..

When do you guys think they will finally end?

I have high hopes that it will continue past Episode IX. Thought no matter how much we will continue to see the movies, I think the end will come at Episode X which obviously hasn't been confirmed yet.

Apparently Disney has said that as long as people will buy tickets, they will continue making Star Wars movies but I find it hard to believe that will happen. I'm hoping that's true, but it's hard to believe.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Re-tagging as this is not a Social thread.

So long as there is money to be made Star Wars will continue.

3. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Well, the Star Wars film franchise has more or less already officially ended twice, right? In the '80s, and then a decade ago. And even after both, there was still a lot of Star Wars material being released. In fact, now we have a good chance of more movies coming out even after Episode IX; we have the spin-offs now. So I honestly can't see a time when we have no new Star Wars of any kind, especially after the Disney acquisition. I mean, also consider that they've continually been coming out with James Bond movies since Dr. No in 1962, and Wizard of Oz tie-ins are still being released, and the original book was first published in 1900. And anyway, Star Wars is clearly a sure bet in terms of box office revenue.

4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't think Star Wars will end any time soon. Partly because it is a proven money maker, but also because if they ended it, the Warsies would take a page from the Trekkies' book and pitch a fit.

5. SkooterDawg

SkooterDawg Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't mind more spinoffs, or tv shows, or any of that, I just hope Episode IX is IT for the Saga.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Perhaps that day will come.

But it is not this day!!!

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It won't happen at least not completely. We have movies scheduled until at least 2020 and EA has the rights for Star Wars games until 2023 they could also continue publishing books and comics until forever. So we have Starwars content assured for the next 6 years at the very least. And that's super unlikely to be the stopping point.

8. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ah, yes, the late 80's. The dark times.

10. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Star Wars already ended for me when they killed the EU. Rogue One has been the only thing I've enjoyed since. SW is very much dead in my mind, and R1 hasn't changed it much. TFA made it pretty clear SW was moving in a different direction, a direction I'm not personally a fan of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.