Before The Questioning Vignettes - When What's Right is Wrong ~ Post 1~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Arldetta Jedi Master

star 4
    OK folks, I'm just starting the thread at the moment. I want to post a short story and re-post my vignette, Questioning the Order, here.

I have a partial draft of a story written where I plan on there being a question about the Jedi Order posed in the midst of it.

This thread might end up being a series of shorts stories and vignettes where I try to ask and answer some questions I have. Also if anyone else has questions about certain things, maybe they can write a short fic and post it here too. I leave that up to you guys. Just thought I would leave the invite out there.

Well, I hope on having the first chap up on Monday. I'm off to work on it now. This just kinda pushes me into finishing something I started. ;)
  2. freak-pudding Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Master! Long time, no see! This sounds pretty interesting... I'll be checking back every once in a while...
  3. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4

I hope you write this soon it sounds really good!
  4. Arldetta Jedi Master

star 4
    Well thanks Padawan and Hananiah!! I appreciate the support. :D

I finished that first post like I said I would. I am going to try and get the next one up later this week. I think this should only be about 3 posts long, but we'll see. ;)

Well, this little fic might pose a few questions, I guess we'll just have to see what questions it might stir in response. :D OH, one more thing italics mean thoughts or memories and the one major memory sequence has ~~~'s around it. :)

Well, here goes!!

---------------------------------------------

Title: When What's Right is Wrong

Lift off was easy and they slid into the silent depths of space with no problems. The twinkling canopy enveloped them as the planet below slowly drifted away. The flight would only take a few hours but that still did not calm the worried youth at the helm. Glancing behind him, he smiled at his companion. She sat with such a regal air that it was easy to see why the people of her world loved her so much. Her smooth features belied the decades of experience behind the copper gaze. She had silken ginger hair, only a shade or two lighter than his own, that draped across her shoulders tapering off at the small of her back. She was a High Priestess on jZinda and a well respected one at that.

In only the short week they had been together, Obi-Wan had also come to respect her. But that was not the only way he felt about her. Despite the subtle warnings of his Master, Obi-Wan could not help loving the woman. Not in a lustful way, but in a way a son would love his mother, because that is how he thought of her. When they first arrived on jZinda the Priestess was there waiting for them. Standing calmly on the platform, she was dressed in fine white robes. But what struck him first was the gentle nature that flowed around her. For a moment he closed his eyes and he drifted on the seas of memory to find one of the few images of his mother. She had a soothing voice and an aura that filled him with warmth and love. When he opened his eyes, it was not the same face but the feelings he received from the woman felt very similar.

As the week progressed, Obi-Wan would do anything for the Priestess. And she favoured him with talks and strolls through the gardens. At one point, Obi-Wan almost felt like he was conversing and spending time with his mother, but knew that it wasn?t real. He suddenly was awash with remorse. She asked him why he seemed so sad.

~~~~~

?What?s wrong Obi-Wan?? Her soft voice asked him.

Not sure exactly what he was feeling, Obi-Wan began, ?Ka?atiin, you remind me so much of my mother?? But the remainder of his thoughts fell away to silence.

The High Priestess was able to pick up on the subtleties of his being and discerned, ?And you miss her??

Exasperated by the conflicting emotions within him, he sighed, ?In a way yes but I?m not really sure. I have not seen her in many years.?

?Perhaps you should visit her.? Ka?atiin suggested, not understanding the confusion within the boy.

?It?s not as simple as that,? Obi-Wan tried to explain. ?Once we vow to continue on our path as a Jedi, we no longer are bound to our biological family. The Jedi become our family.?

?I see,? the matriarch said, ?yet it still saddens me.? Obi-Wan glanced up at her. The elderly woman continued along the path toward a bench. When she reached it, she sat and motioned for Obi-Wan to join her. Still wishing to please her in any way he could, the youth immediately complied. After another moment, Ka?atiin began, ?I have had three children in my life and all of them have preceded me to the Everlasting. My heart aches knowing that I have stayed in this existence longer than they have. But I could not imagine giving them up willingly. Your parents must have been very strong to let go of their child.?

?Yes, I suppose,? the Padawan agreed. In the fifteen years of his life, he still did not fully comprehend what it?s like for parents to let go of a child. And thu
  5. freak-pudding Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm.... *strokes imaginary beard*

Very, very intervesting. Vondering, I am, howv you can leave such an evil cliffie... Very, very intewesting...

*accent changes from Russian to Count Dracula to Elmer Fudd*

Very, very interesting...
  6. Nikita Jedi Knight

star 3
    Duh Obi! Didn't your master teach you to always wear your seatbelt? It's a galaxy law!

Good start... more soon? hehe
  7. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    More soon I hope and or demand y'know whichever will get you posting faster
  8. Arldetta Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.