main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Qui-Gon Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by female_obi_wan, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Right! Obi has at least three fan clubs (counted ;) ) and yet his Master has nothing. Zero. Zilch. At least...I couldn't find anything. [face_blush] So ,with that said,I declare this thread for disscussion of EU Qui-Gon open. *cuts ribbon*

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Finally! Count me in- I love Qui-Gon, no matter what. ;)

3. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Although its well known that I love Obi more ( [face_love] ) I have a very special place in my heart for Qui-Gon... best.Master.Ever.

Wow, this is so cool. Obi fan club, Qui fan club, Xani fan club... doesn't get much better than this. :D

4. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Lol. Totally right, Jess. :) Blissness.... ;)

5. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    i can imagine ongoing conflicts with this fan club and the Maul fan club...

6. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    I love Qui Gon! [face_love] Although I don't really know much about him in EU . . . not having read any JA.

How come there's a heart Palpatine icon and no heart Qui Gon, hmm? :p

7. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    I wouldn't know Standmaiden. :D But the Christmas Qui-Gon avatar was really funny with him in the reindeer suit. ;) Lol.

8. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Hmmm, Padawan, Huntress, seems that I am following you two around. :p ;)

Actually, I just kind of glanced into EU, and heh, since I'm such a Qui lover, I had to take a look.

Qui is really the second Jedi in my heart. He's soo sweet, handsome, and rebellous. [face_love] Who could hate him? Well, beside a few.... ;)

9. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah I know in a lot of fics he's not portrayed so well but that's a shame. :( I love Qui, he and Obi are the best team ever and well he's just the coolest Master in the galaxy. :cool: My name on MSN was "Qui-Gon Lives!" for a long time and I'm thinking of going back to it. ;)

Nice to see you (again) Neon! :D

BTW I'm offering a special prize for anyone who can get me shots of Qui sitting at the table on the TF ship from TPM. [face_love] There's something about the way he's sitting that just makes me ~thud~ and I need pics.

10. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    Qui-Gon! Qui-Gon! Qui-Gon!! No matter what anyone said, he was the baddest duelist in the Jedi order. Only reason why he lost was so Lucas could have that whole "fall of the master" thing, blah (only thing I have qualms and pains about in the movies). PM Commandersesfan, demand that he go see The Two Towers, and ask him about my fanatic devotion to.......... 2-1B and Qui-Gon!!! Qui-Gon! OORAH!!

11. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    :D It does seem that you are following us around, Master ;)

Huntress, I saw the prize you are giving for finding that picture... I SHALL FIND IT FOR YOU!! For a prize like that, anything is possible :D

I agreem Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are the best Master/Padawan team out there [face_love]. Although I quite enjoy Xanatos/Qui also. [face_love]

Jedi_Master_Mazzara: Hm, I take it you can tolerate Qui, then, eh? 8-} Yeah, I didn't like it when Lucas killed him off :( And the expression on Obi's face... :( :_|

12. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    I know! :_| :_| :_| I always cry at that part. :_| Who wants to write a big huge happy round robin wher Qui survives? :) Lol.

Jess: Thanks about the picture. ;) Any news on it?

13. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    A Qui-Gon thread? In the EUC?! All right! :D

Yeah, Lucas had to kill QG to satisfy his storyline.

IMHO, if he had not been killed, I thnk Anakin would not have become Vader, due to Qui-gon's steadying influnece.

At least he still lives on in the hearts and minds of his many fans. And in some of said fans, perhaps a fantasy of two... :p

14. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Cool! Over ten replies already! :D

Will be back to actually discuss later,I'm tired...

15. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Huntress, I've only found one picture, but it only shows a little of Qui, mostly the back of the chair. :( I've looked everywhere! ;)

16. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Mmm...Qui-Gon...

:p

Qui-Gon's awesome!!! :D

I'll join! :D

God bless!

-Malz

17. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Welcome Malz4JESUS. Hope you have a good time here along with us other Qui-lovers ;)

18. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Yahooa Qui GOn club, sweet

19. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Count me in.

My father QuiGon is.

20. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Welcome new peoples to the Qui-Gon fanclub. Well what are you waiting for? Start posting, make a difference!! :D

21. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Qui Gon with the reindeer antlers was SO funny. If he were real, I couldn't keep from laughing cuz of that picture.
    The actore has a nice voice, I could sit and just listen to Qui talk. Almost as nice as Avery Brooks' voice.:)

22. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Truely, I do love Qui's voice too. Liam's voice is just to die for, in any work that he does. Talk about a deep rumbling with a sweet touch.

And what of his eyes? Midnight blue,
    with bursts of rebellion like stars. [face_love] Now you know I'm gushing. ;)

How about how Qui qui is represented in ff? I mean, it makes him seem so cold until Obi gets it at times... Then there are those sweet ones where he is such a wonderful father figure. Sigh...

23. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    I think the fanfictionsts (I'm one too. ;) ) can't really make up their minds about him...in some fics he acts like a real jerk, in some he's nice,some he's in the middle,and the rest he's just...there. 8-}. I think it's because when you think about it,we don't know all that much about him...we've only TPM,JA and a few random prequel books for information,and most of those contradict each other anyway. :p And everyone interprets that stuff differently,so I for one can get mighty confused when writing about him. ;)

24. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Neon: I could not agree more. I make it my buisness to try and portray him in the best light I can although sometimes I don't always succeeed.

And while we're on the subject of droolworthy Qui... Anyone got any of the pics that I asked for yet? :confused: :)

25. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    No lluck on the pics.
    As to the fanfic, I agree, some people do't look beyound what the movie showed. Some authors don't know to look at the person's face, and the eyes to get clues on what's going on inside.

Now I had read some fanfic on the web.(not on TF.Net) that showed Qui Gon as a person who was a bit of a pranskter, a person who'd readily laugh. And as a kid LOVED animals. Pracically having a zoo as a boy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.