main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Qui-Gon Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by female_obi_wan, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    I could try and get some pics once I find something that lets me get decent screencaps. Unfortuneately,that means you might be waiting a while. ;) Unless my dad lets me borrow his digital camera,but I don't think he's gonna let me after what I did to my mum's computer. 8-}

I actually started writing my Young!Qui fic today. I thought I'd never get around to it. -_-;; It's here if you want to see it. :)

2. JacenHornSolo

JacenHornSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2002
    I appreciate Qui-Gon. :D

Count me in.

*trys to count number of Fan Clubs he's now involved in...* My brain hurts..

3. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Hello all. This looks like a thread after my own heart. Qui Gon is to die for! I read your fic F_O_W and I like it. Keep it going. I'll be in and out - I lurk a lot. But I'll try to post when I can.

4. NiktoJedi9

NiktoJedi9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2003
    If you like Qui-Gon, you've got to read the Jedi Apprentice series by Jude Watson. Great stuff! :cool:

5. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    i appreciate Qui Gon

6. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    I have read some of the Jedi Apprntice series but they're hard to get a hold of here for some reason. All the stores seem to be out when I finally have the money.

7. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    How is Qui GOn protrayed in the "Jedi Apprentice" books?

8. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Jauzhmynn: It's a subjective sort of thing. I'd rather not go into it right now.
    Jess- thanks for looking for the pic. Actually I saw TPM again yesterday with my friends and the way he's sitting isn't that special after all. :( It was just my imagination. But I still love Qui. :)

9. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Huntress: LOL!! :D Ah well, I couldn't find it anyway. Perhaps you were looking at Obi by mistake. I love the way he sits [face_love]

I love ya Qui!!

10. NiktoJedi9

NiktoJedi9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2003
    Jauhzmynn, the books chronicle the adventures of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan when Obi was about 16. They are geared toward younger readers, but I find them very enjoyable to read. :) They portray Qui-Gon as a kind of father-figure to Obi-Wan. They also cover how Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have the occasional rift (ex. when Obi-Wan was thinking of leaving the Jedi Order), but their commitment to the Force and their fondness for each other overcomes these obstacles. It's an exciting series with interesting, original story lines and shows the selflessness and kindness of Qui-Gon. :)
    I think it's a great resource for Qui-Gon fans.

11. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Thanks.
    Too bad I can't see a younger pic of Qui Gon, he looks nice.
    Ok what this about how Qui GOn or Obi wan's sitting posture? At least he's not sitting like Captian Picard in the 1st season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Sitting on one butt cheek, legs crossed w/ this pained look on his face, then relief when he can stand up. LOL His costume was going places it shouldn't.

12. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Hmm. I saw it with my friend who's a real character and made some pervy comments about the way Obi's sitting in that scene, which would be highly inappropriate for here. (Ah Sasha. 8-} ) But not Tuesday, the time before that when I last watched TPM I noticed that Qui was sitting in a really awesome position. [face_love] I either imagined it then or missed it Tuesday. OK making no sense here. ;)

13. JacenHornSolo

Jan 29, 2002
    Qui Gon is to die for!

Literally.

Is anybody writting a fanfic about a younger Qui-Gon? (Other than Jedi apprentice times?)

14. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    My young Qui-Gon story

Could someone take a look at it? It's got hardly any reviews, so what am I doing wrong? :(

Qui in the JA series...I dunno. 8-}It seems to switch between him being nice, to being a jerk. (JAs 14-16 anyone? Didn't seem to be about the same characters, at least to me.) ;)

But he looks nice on the covers. ;)

15. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    But he looks nice on the covers. Yeah only what's he doing with that flowing black vampire costume onthe cover of JA 4? Goth! Qui, anyone? 8-}

FOW, I'll check out your fic. :)

16. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Heh, I think the cape is cool. Heh. ;)

I was in the process of writing two younger Qui things, but I kind of lost intrest... Not a very good market for young Qui Qui stories.

female_obi_wan: I'll be sure to check it out. :)

17. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    Qui Qui?

I have a questio for you all, who do you think would have won the Duel of the Fates if Qui-Gon was 30 years younger?

18. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Yes, Qui Qui, its my pet name for him. :D

I really would believe Qui-gon would, considering he is/was one of the best swordsman in the Order. It is rumored that he held off thirty men at once, though I couldn't tell you if that was fanfic or cannon. I'm still finding it hard to believe Maul got him, though its slightly more believeable knowing he was in his sixties, but then that doesn't make sense considering Dooku's age...

19. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah, I think 30 years would have made one he!! of a difference! As old as he was supposed to be Qui-Gon really held his own. It really surprised me when Maul got him.

20. Kaya_Kel

Kaya_Kel Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2001
    *wanders in. looks around.* Hmm.... I thought somewhere in here someone would mention the whole Qui-Gon/Tahl thing.

21. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    NiktoJedi9 : Actually the JA series goes from when Obi is 13 onward, just before he is chosen as an apprentice and following.

I respect Qui-Gon a lot. I think that he's a great Jedi Master, and I have no trouble seeing him as a fatherly figure to everybody except Obi-Wan. Alas! Obi is my man, and I just can't for some reason find it in me to love Qui after the way he treated Obi in TPM.

At any rate, I still respect Qui a LOT. Though I probably am NOT eligable to join this fan club, I might drop in occasionally. :)

Aunecah

22. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    F_O_W, I read your young Qui fic and left a comment. Way cool. Keep it up.

I think he was a bit hard on Obi, too. I think he should have shared his thoughts with him before he went before the council. But it's easy to advise after the fact. Maybe Qui Gon didn't expect so much disagreement.. but then he should have, considering that he was almost always at odds with them.

Did that make sense?

23. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    No, it didn't produce sense of any type, but it was sensible.

24. JacenHornSolo

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey, is anybody else reading FOW fanfic? I'm really enjoying it!

25. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    See, Maz, I'm here, too. Who wants to make sense all the time anyway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.