main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Qui-Gon Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by female_obi_wan, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Hey! Where are all the Qui fans around here? :D Up! Come on people...

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I didn't know Anakin Solo didn't disappear! I haven't read that far, but maybe he didn't disappear because he might come back! Someone I know had an interesting theory on that! :D

And Qui-Gon didn't disappear because they hadn't learned how to do it yet...if you read AOTC novelization, it shows Yoda as he's figuring that out I think...but he never does in AOTC, but they said they'll explain it in Episode III! (They better! :p )

3. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Malz: Hmmm, I never knew that! Cool! :D

Okay, we all know Qui loves Obi like a son, right? But, I JUST FOUND PROOF OF IT IN THE TPM novelization(sp)!!!!
    And I quote, "Of those, he was closest to Qui-Gon, his mentor for more than a dozen years, who had become his most trusted friend.
    Qui-Gon understood the attachment and shared it. Obi-Wan was the son he would never have. He was the future he would leave behind when he died. His hopes for Obi-Wan were enourmous, he ded not always share his student's beliefs."

[face_shocked] How in the world did I skip that part before?? So, HA to all the people who never believed that Qui loved Obi. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D Must tell the world. Okay, I'll shut up now. 8-}

4. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Humm.
    Yep I agree Qui GOn Obi Wan, and I aslo agree that HOW he went about w/ the Anakin thing w/o telling Obi first was a bit of a brain fart.

He could've let Obi Wan KNOW about the plans. Hello? Qui GOn, get a clue.LOL

5. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

I just wish Qui could have shown that he loved Obi when he was dying not just going on about that brat Anakin

6. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Double post I know I'm sorry but I just wanted to find out if there was any Qui/Tahl shippers and if anyone would want to join a little club. I tried before but was told to come here so what does everyone think?

7. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Well, I'm a semi Tahl/Qui Qui shipper. I wish there was more Tahl/Qui fics around...

And I agree, Qui loves Obi like a son, really! Of course, there was that bit of a nasty turn off in front of the Council, but we all know that Qui is tense around the Council. He wasn't thinking. And the dying part was Lucas's fault, not Qui's. That's what I'm believeing anyways. ;)

8. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    I second what Neon said. :) Everyone makes mistakes, and Qui made one in TPM. Except he hates making mistakes (Xanatos, anybody?) and the reason he avoided Obi for a while was pure fear. Well that's my take anyway. :)

Jess, I skip to that part every time I read the book! Except I don't read it often, because the junior novelisation is way better. :D

What do you guys think Qui will be doing in Episode III? (since it's pretty much confirmed that he is going to be in it?)
    I'm guessed that whole disappearing-thing will finally get explained. :) And I hope hope hope he comes back to see Obi- and says something nice! If he even implies that he thinks Obi's a failure because Ani turned I will get my blue-and-green 'sabre and track down Lucasfilm.

9. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Well, I wouldn't call Xani a mistake, more like an improvement gone slightly wrong... But then I'm a rabid fangirl too... Heh, but I agree, female_obi_wan, that probably is why Qui was emotionally detached most of the time when he reacts to Obi-wan.

I don't know what he'll do, but I'll join you in hunting down Lucasfilm if they put a scene of Qui blaming Obi. I really hope we get good reactions here, like Qui comforting Obi after Anakin turns. That would be good.

10. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I'll join y'all too! :D

And I hope hope hope he comes back to see Obi- and says something nice!

I know!

What do y'all think will be his role in Episode III? Do you think he'll get any lines?

He should get some lines...I hope he does say something to Obi! He'll probably talk to Yoda and tell him how he was talking to them...or maybe it's "unfinished business" and he has to tell Obi about Anakin (like someone said...too lazy to look... :p ) but Obi doesn't listen... ?[face_plain]

11. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Where's everyone got to? :D

12. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hello, all! I just found this thread, and thought I'd join in. I've been a Qui fan since TPM, although I've only just begun to read the JA books. :)

Going back to the discussion on Qui-Gon dropping Obi-Wan for Anakin during the Council scene. I just realized that prior to that scene, on the balcony, Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan "You still have much to learn, my apprentice." Then, when Qui-Gon says he'll take Anakin as his padawan, he says that Obi-Wan "is headstrong, but there is very little that he can learn from me." And then the two Jedi exchange a look; it seems like Qui-Gon knows he's contradicting what he said earlier, perhaps even feels guilty about it. I've always had a soft spot for Qui, and couldn't make myself all that mad at him, but I'm wondering if anyone else has thoughts on this moment in TPM.

13. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    <<"You still have much to learn, my apprentice." Then, when Qui-Gon says he'll take Anakin as his padawan, he says that Obi-Wan "is headstrong, but there is very little that he can learn from me.">>

After much thought ( ;) ) I've decided that the key words are '...from me'. Obi-Wan does have a lot to learn, but they're things that Qui-Gon isn't going to teach him, things like defeating a Sith and training his own Padawan. :)

14. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    double post...*glares daggers at computer*

15. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I just found this place...and all I can say is, Cool! :D

I love Qui-Gon. He's my second-favorite character next to Anakin.

16. Skywalker_Vader2be

Skywalker_Vader2be Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Uh I am a Qui-Gon/Tahl kinda person. Wished there was a more romantic ending to their story...

17. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    Uh...same...just found this discussion...or at least i think...

18. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yay! A Qui-Gon Fan club... hey where'd everybody go?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.