main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Quintessence of a Jedi

Discussion in 'Literature' started by skawookiee, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I think it is generally agreed upon that the prequel era Jedi were pretty stagnant. I am also of the opinion that Luke's Jedi aren't up to what Jedi are supposed to be, either. So what defines what it is to be a Jedi? What characters exhibit these traits? Here's my list:

Anakin Solo: I think he had a pretty good balance of action and pity. He started thinking in Conquest about the meaning of the Force, and thought outside the box that the Jedi had been placed in for so many years. This thinking, more than anything else, made Anakin such a great Jedi in my eyes.

Qui Gon Jinn: He was a breath of fresh air for the Jedi. It's my belief that if he had survived, the order may have been saved and moved out of their rut. Just think what he could've done with Anakin Skywalker! He had ideas and values of his own, and didn't compromise those for anyone, not even the other Jedi.

A'sharad Hett: Now, I haven't read the Hunt for Aurra Sing yet, so I don't know how he was in that one, but in Outlander and Emissaries to Malastare, he was awesome. He truly lived by the Jedi Code, and yet there was an honest element to him, the tusken, that was loyal to his people and to his causes. It seemed like he wasn't following some vague perception of the Force, but knew what it was, and knew how to yield it in a way to help others, and further justice.

Cay Quel-Droma: A true warrior of the light. Sacraficed himself so that his brother would come back and see the truth. There wasn't a hint of corruption or the Dark Side in him. He showed the human (or should I say sentient) side of the Jedi.

There are others traits too, and other Jedi who exhibit them, but these are some of the people who I think would be up for the Quintessent Jedi.

2. Maverick15

Maverick15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Yeah I agree whole heartedly with Qui-Gon and Anakin.

Kyp: Some what like a modern Qui-Gon, he has raised questions that may end up in delivering victory to the people of the GFFA. Even though he has done wrong he continues on the path he has taken, a quest that will never end. He seems like Anakin Skywalker too, if he had grown up in different circumstances he would have contributed even more to the order and not become a ostracized, tragic hero who will be remembered as a villain when he dies.

Luke: He took a bunch of wimpy exercises and sayings, and for better or for worse, created a whole new order of jedi. Probably the most instrumental feat of galactic history along with the civil war he fought in.

3. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm going to have to vouch for Luke as well. I was watching ESB the other day and noticed that within the first two years of his training, Luke had already demonstrated the ability to levitate objects and the force jump. This is all derived from a few chats with Obi-wan and a crash course with Yoda, mind you. Not too shaby. I use to rag on the boy's poor use of the lightsaber but then realized that not one second of screen time is devoted to Luke being trained to use the weapon. All of those moves are his own, and of the things he WAS taught he seemed to master pretty well. Luke Skywalker, I salute you!

4. Maverick15

Maverick15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    That's true, it does seem like both Luke and Vader are just trying to bash each other to death with their lightsabers. i guess the art of saberfighting was lost with the rest of the jedi.

5. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Obi-Wan: Deeply loyal and commited to the Jedi Order and their cause. He almost never had any major moral dilemmas and always knew the right thing to do. He gave his promise to Qui-Gon, and totally respected him, even if he disagreed with him at times.

Jacen Solo: Incredibly deep into the nature of the force, who believes the force is more than a tool. His strong beliefs in peace, and defense for the preservation of life make him a great Jedi. While he has had his doubts of using the force, there was no question in his mind when saw his mother almost beaten to death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.