The Quote/ Words of Wisdom Thread

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by Mertroid, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Both quotes are true :D
    Very good, good :cool:

Opening the gates to one person helps.
  2. GM3 Jedi Knight

im famous right? if i am "Larlarlarlarlarlarlarlarlarlar"
  3. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
  4. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ?I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.? ?Stephen King
  5. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Always feed your enemies for they will eventually feel ashamed, I heard that in Boston Public this season when I kid got shocked and thought he was Jesus.
  6. Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hehe, I have more quotes than a dictionary has words... well... not really ^^;;
    so here are a few for right now ^^
    Does love make us blind, or does blindness make us love?-Steven Scott

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile.

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.

You never lose by loving, you always lose by holding back.

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.

A life lived in fear of receiving or giving love, is a life half lived, yet is not worth living for...

Some love lasts a lifetime. True love lasts forever.

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.

A life without love is a like an hourglass without sand... empty.

ok, that's all for now ^^
  7. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, those quotes were amazing and deep. Love em, and glad to hear you have quotes upon quotes like a dictionary :)
  8. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    "Sometimes its better to think rather than speak."
    -Boba Fett
  9. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ?Disquiet and desire. What you want and what you?re scared to try for. Where you?ve been and where you want to go. Something in a rock-and-roll song about wanting the girl, the car, the place to stand and be. Oh please God can you dig it.? ?Stephen King IT, Page 1085

?Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.? ?Roland of Gilead, The Last Gunslinger.

?All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.? ?J. R. R. Tolkien

?I was weak. That's why I needed you... Needed someone to punish me for my sins... But that's all over now... I know the truth. Now it's time to end this.? ? James Sunderland, Silent Hill 2

?I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.? ?Stephen King

?So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us.? ?Gandalf the Grey.

?I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.? ?Marlene Dietrich (1901 - 1992)
  10. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail." Abraham H.Maslow

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

"There are no rewards or punishments-only consequences." Dean William Inges

"The greatest waste in the world is the difference between what we are and what we could become." Ben Herbster

"Vision without action is daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." Japanese Proverb

"They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." Andy Warhol

"If you don't like something, change it, if you can't change it, change the way you think about it." Mary Engelbreit

"He who hesitates is last." Mae West

"He who obtains has little. He who scatters has much." Lao-Tzu
  11. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "True friends stay when the rest of the world walks out" -off of a fortune cookie I got a while ago, and it is very true and I can relate to it.

:)
  12. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's an interesting fortune you recieved there Mertroid, and it is very true. When you think about it.
  13. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    "I won't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person"
  14. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
  15. Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Love creates something that wasn't there before."
    ~Hedwig (Hedwig and the Angry Inch {Curtis knows that movie >D})

I thought it was a cute quote...
  16. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Always a fun one:

"It's easy to make blanket statements based not in truth when you don't have the facts. If it makes your world comfortable to create a virtual reality for yourself, do it. If it's for the purposes of just pissing people off, then you need a new hobby." - Anonymous
  17. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
    - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
  18. LazloToth Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Enlightenment is Madness" - my sig

"Is it dead yet?" - Dack Blackhawk, my D&D character after being nearly eaten by a giant carnivorous ape.

"Never lead with your face..." - Tony Kull, my karate teacher

"Stop bleeding on me!" - again Tony Kull Sensei to me, as I bled on him.

"Awww, Mister Happy is pouting..." - Danny Villars, as he looked into his gi pants after receiving a terrible groin strike.
  19. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
  20. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    "In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi.

The death of the Republic.

I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design.

I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.

I have seen the end of civilization."

-Mace Windu, Shatterpoint
  21. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    " 2 things in life are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
  22. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
  23. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    "The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."
  24. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [face_shocked] Curtis! 8-}

Well anyway here is my quote of this day:

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do."
    - Jean-Paul Sartre (1905-1980)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.