main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Rag Doll Kung Fu Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jedi_Matt, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I downloaded this last night, and have been quite hooked, i saw the trailer for it ages ago when it was just an idea and there was no confirmation whether it'd be released or if it'd remain an object of fun for the developer, but this game is awesome! You control the limbs with the left mouse button for movement, picking up weapons (3 piece staffs, swords, nunchuckus, etc), picking up mushrooms, which, once eaten help you jump ridiculously high, and the right mouse button does your attacks, whichever limb the cursors on when you press the button determines what one is moved/used to attack, it requires fast and furious movement with utmost precision! And you can charge up your Chi by moving the cursor round in small circles, this increases your ability to jump and the strength of your attacks. By moving your hands you can block your attacks, and the further you pre-empt them by moving the hand closer to the opponents attacking limb, the further the knockback effect.

You can also create your own characters, there's the head, torso, arms, legs and feet to customise, and best of all you can import images into it to use as textures. For instance, the only online game i played in, i was up against Borat, the Kazahkstani created by the guy who made Ali G.

Check it out, as those of you who have a steam account just need to download the trial before choosing to upgrade to the full version.

Anyway, personally I'm having trouble with doing aerial attacks, is there anyone else playing this who can shed any light on how to master this gem? $14.95 for a game like this is great, and the FMV is well funny

2. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    No one's tried this? it's amazing! At least display some interest of lack of by replying :p

3. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ragdollkungfu/review.html

Check out the link above, has a range of reviews on there. Has no one else heard anything about this game?

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've played it, I wasn't impressed tbh. The controls seemed kinda hard to get the hang of. I'm also not sure I can buy it, I've not seen it in shops and my card was rejected when I tried to buy DoD:S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.