main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Raid martial artists...where do they fit in?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LittleDefel, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    There was the strong rumor a few months ago that the martial artists from The Raid movies are going to be involved in a significant scene.

Do you think they will they be part of an alien gang (maybe along with Pip Anderson) sent by Kylo Ren to capture Rey and Finn?

This could make for a great hand to hand combat scene with our heroes fighting aliens skilled in martial arts and parkour.

2. Captain Phasma

Captain Phasma Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2015
    I'd imagine that they're either a part of "The Clan" or "The Seven" in the flashback sequence.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Is the Clan the dudes we saw in Maz's castle pic?

I imagined that the Seven could be akin to Sidious's Royal Guards

4. LittleDefel

Jan 17, 2012
    I haven't heard much about the flashback scene. Is it supposed to be a quick scene with a voiceover (kind of like the flashback scenes in Lord of the Rings) or something more involved? I'm just hoping it's long enough for the guys from The Raid to show off their incredible moves.

5. Captain Phasma

Captain Phasma Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2015

I think that they're just codenames, like Rose and Uber. I think that The Clan are the Jedi who are defending the academy while Luke is away, while the Seven are probably Sith. MSW has said that he's seen a few lightsaber designs in the movie, that aren't Luke's, Anakin's, or Kylo's that are probably from that sequence. I'm not 100% sure if I have that all right though.

I'm not sure about how long it is, but I can't imagine it being more than 5 minutes, even though there's a lot that happens in it. I'm pretty sure Maz is doing the voiceover during this scene. Here's a link to the article about the flashback: http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/f...-be-up-to-before-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

LittleDefel likes this.
  6. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    probably to be part of a bad ass force user vs force user fight scene

LittleDefel likes this.
  7. LittleDefel

Jan 17, 2012
    Sounds cool. Thanks for the info!

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    However they fit in, I am looking forward to their appearance(s). I welcome seeing a new level of martial skill in the Star Wars universe. :)

9. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    We haven't heard or seen sith regarding these actors or stuntmen. ..maybe they just show up this film as actors but next movie go ALL OUT! !

10. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Flashback

11. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    I agree with them being a part of the flashback.

12. LittleDefel

Jan 17, 2012
    So is that wampa claw lightsaber that was rumored supposed to be used by one of the Seven?

13. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think they will be Kylo Ren's Sith Recruits/Apprentices; and maybe Descendents of The Lost 20.

14. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    At a loss to what their involvement has been. Taking The Raid into consideration, and it's brutal, raw, fantastically choreographed action/fight scenes? The assumption is obvious I suppose. If they were brought on board to help with the fight sequences, to perhaps give them a raw quality and feel? That's a real positive.

15. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    WANT to see more of something like this! :D

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.