main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Raiders ROTS Reaction Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Augusta, GA' started by LordJoda-181, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHH. Oh man this is incredible. The whole day was an awesome experience. The first of us were out there by noon. We had people stoping by all day just to see us. We had a table Set up were we had Cards, SW Trivial Pursuit and SW Monopoly Running all day. We had Tons of Snacks and Drinks to help fill our stomachs, while Talks from the EU, PT, and CT helped fill our Brains. Between 4-8 PM our group grew to about 8 people staying constantly (Plus some visitors), all of us completely Stoked. This is when the day got very interesting. We cranked the Music Louder, Play the Games harder, and Laughed our butts off getting to know each other. Despite the Fact the that this portion was full of Me losing at an embaressing rate at Monopoly this part of the day was one of the most memorable. From 7-9 PM the Group grew to about 20 people, all of us even more crazy than before. It was about this time that That the Reporter came out and Started Interviewing all of us (I Think I should be one of the main people in the Aiken Standard's Article). From 10:30 on is when the "Regular Freaks" Showed up. The Line was hunderds of people long, enough for 3 theaters. the Night was completely crazy from here on out. its almost 4:30 AM now so Im gonna head to bed, but I'll be on to talk about the film and the After Party at Waffle House.

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    It was awesome. that's the only word for it and doesn't really come close to saying it. I loved it! I've got to see it again really soon!

I got to our theater at about 9-9:30...the line was already snaked to way down on the side of the building! Some really cool costumes there!

And I was forced to leave my lightsaber and gun in my car (Actually they never saw the gun because it was hidden by the cape...but I figured they would be pretty mad if they saw it so I left that too :p )! That made me mad...for AOTC they couldn't care less...I was also at a different theater though...eh, it was still the most awesome movie! :D

Yoda and Palpatine anyone? When Yoda went into the Chancellor's office with the Royal guards?

:cool:

3. Jedi_TaganCalera

Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    X-posted from my LiveJournal - Spoilers

Ok folks here it is. I'm not going to spell out the entire plot with this post. But I may touch on some spoilers if you read my review of it.

Star Wars has a very special place in my heart. I was born at the tail end of a generation whose entire lives were effected by Star Wars in some manner or another. Was it a profound psychological work? No. Was it a deep phylosophical work? No. What it was however...ah thats something. Star Wars was the rebirth of the classic story. A New Hope featured a young common man who didn't know he was more than common. There hero was us. Yes, he was a whiney teen...but weren't we all? He was the ordinary boy who got to go on extraordinary adventures. Adventures we other ordinary people imagine going on. He was called to undertake a special mission, save a princess from a forbidden fortress and fight the black knight! He was Arthur with his magic sword excalibur! He was the hero deep inside we all crave to be! But that alone wouldn't have made that movie special. The acting was good, though not great. The actors were actually VERY good at acting the parts written for them and as directed by Lucas to portray. The writing was fairly mediocre. Listen to the way people talked in that movie..."Governer Tarkin, I thought I smelled your foul stench when I was brought on board." Those lines are the kind you'd find straight out of a melodramatic play, perhaps an opera...a SPACE OPERA. Unrealistic but increadably catchy. You add in special effects unlike anything ever seen before at the time and you have a stunning and amazing film. In Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi George Lucas stepped back and let someone else do all the creative directing. These two movies were superior over Star Wars. Star Wars was, special effects aside, exactly what everyone accused it of being before it came out. A Kid's movie. But in Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi...we grew up. Darker Tones, more realistic lines, deeper people. Thats what made those movies BETTER than their special affects.

Then Lucas went and screwed things up a little with the Special Editions. Largely he improved them by updating the effects to semi-match those expected to come in the New Trilogy. But he made some adjustments to the story because he didn't feel the movies matched his vision. Of course, many people think...after seeing his prequels, that his vision is exactly the problem. The success of the origional trilogy had alot to do with Hollywood having some dabbling effect on Star Wars and someone else taking the reigns of Empire and Jedi. Lucas the story conciever is great. Lucas the writter is slightly above mediocre. Lucas the Director...SUCKS. This is evident in Phantom Menace above all things. Then he did a better job with Clone Wars. I just wish he had written Anakin different. I actually think Hayden Christiansan is probably a capable actor. It doesn't help however when someone VERY good at playing a whiney brat is given the part of a whiney brat! The way Anakin was made out to sound during the Origional Trilogy his fall from the Jedi was something of legend on par with Lancelot's fall in Arthurian legend! The man I wanted to see fall from the Jedi should have been the BEST Jedi! The most honored Jedi and the best portrayal of what it means to be a Jedi! Not some whiney brat who never got the hang of being a Jedi in the first place. But beyond that Phantom Menace was very good. But with Revenge of the Sith it seems George Lucas finally has the experiance he needs. He has finally had the practice to make a good movie on purpose.

Then we come to Revenge of the Sith. I've read other reviews and I have to disagree with many of the nay-sayers. I was suprised to find I had nearly no problems with this movie. Hayden's acting was fine, though not great. His interactions as Anakin with Padme have been accused as being distant and with no real "connection" with lots of staring at each other and staring off into the distance. Well the fact of the matter is it makes sense whe

4. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Nice review :D :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.