main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    A dark aura fills the air, unnatural and toxic.

I claim the bicep. I don't care which one. I prefer my bicep on the lighter side.

*hold up an 'air-high-five to fellow practitioners.*

2. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    IC: Darth Alva

So it was true, one of our members was fighting a Jedi. Alva reached out for a "Team Skelm" shirt and throw it on. He clapped and eagerly waited to see the fate of the young Jedi against Skelm.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "MACEN TANISS, THEY MAY TAKE YOUR LIFE, BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE YOUR FFFRRRREEEEEEDOOOOMMMMM!!!!"

Psychenous

4. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    OOC: This is getting most colorful.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Darth Skelm

A subtle nudge at the back of his mind was the only warning he received before the Jedi's lightsaber came into existence with a familiar snap-hiss and extended toward his abdomen. Skelm's eyes grew wide with realization as he attempted to sidestep the deadly weapon, but even with enhanced reflexes, he wasn't quick enough to clear it completely. The tip of the blade still managed to find purchase on his left side, searing into his flesh with a burning so intense, it made him see stars. A pained yelp escaped from his throat as he disengaged and doubled over with one hand holding his wound.

In this vulnerable state, he half-expected to hear the Jedi give another patronizing speech, but instead, it was his master who spoke. Her voice was firm as it echoed within his mind...

Let your pain and anger fuel your power. You are his superior in strength and resolve.

Skelm's eyes snapped open and he inhaled deeply, focusing on the pain radiating out from his wound. He latched on to it and bent it to his will, allowing it to fill every pore of his body so that he could feel its raw power coursing through his veins. That power gave him strength. Building, building...

Do not fail me.

With his eyes burning fiercely, he unleashed a feral yell and launched himself forward to meet his opponent. His orange blade was a blur as he let loose with relentless fury, his mind clearly set on vengeance.

TAG: Psychenous; Lady Belligerent

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  7. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis cast an un-amused look at the Jedi. Jedi, she scoffed to herself. So arrogant. Reiis continued watching the fight, mentally cheering on Darth Skelm and anxious to see his Jedi opponent ground into tiny bits.

8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Lady Bellorum
    IC Ananta Chetan
    (Combo Post)

Lady Bellorum…the time has come. Shall we finish…or at least stop…what we started? The Jedi Master uttered to his Sith counterpart with a wry expression.

Bellorum placed her teacup into the basket beside her and stood before answering the Jedi Master, "yes, I believe we've seen enough." The Dark Lady nodded to the Jedi and gracefully leapt to the floor of the Pit.

Striding across the arena Bellorum and Ananta each raised their palms respectively in the direction of their apprentice signaling for both to stand down. Care to do the honors of revealing our mutual decision of victor?

The Dawn Herald nodded to her Jedi counterpart, "it will be my pleasure, Master Jedi."

She turned to her apprentice and to the Jedi Padawan, "you've both done well here in the Pit. We watched as you shed your restraints and allowed the Force to guide your moves. It is our determination that you both are powerful warriors, and you show immense potential."

Pausing, Bellorum glanced to the Master to see if he had anything to add before they declare the winner.

Agreed. No small amount of courage is required to come here representing your entire order with all eyes upon you.

Bellorum smiled and inclined her head to agree with the Master's words.

"We have determined that the winner of this match is Darth Skelm. I offer my congratulations to both of you for an excellent display."

=D=

TAG Lady Belligerent HanSolo29 Psychenous

OOC:
    The winner was determined by these criteria, which were well summarized here by Darth Wanderguard-
    1. Damage dealt
    2. Writing quality. Creating a compelling narrative.
    3. Roleplaying etiquette - outcomes and actions which are reasonable and realistic within the framework of the world in which the fight is taking place.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure

"Let the record books show what they will. My heart says the moral victory goes to Macen Taniss. Well done, brother Jedi!"

Psychenous

10. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Darth Haretisch

The Night Herald stood from his seat, eyes burning into the Jedi known as Peregrine Bonaventure.

"A moral victory," he repeated flatly, "much consolation, I'm sure. Do the Jedi justify all of their failures this way? Your precious order is naught but a gaggle of ineffectual weaklings, wallowing in their own impotence and contriving excuses for frailty and cowardice."

TAG: Sarge, Ananta Chetan, Lady Belligerent

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Bellorum

The Dark Lady nudges the Jedi Master, and nods toward the exchange between Haretisch and a Jedi Knight.

"This could be interesting, so I hope you brought additional snacks?"

Tag: Ananta Chetan

12. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan

Indeed. I might have to go to the concession stand for this.

Lady Belligerent

13. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    OOC: Congratulations and well done Solo!!!
    TAGS: HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: Excellent duel, Psychenous! It has been a pleasure! :)

And thank you, everyone!

15. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
  16. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    A Jedi can learn as much from defeat as he can from victory.

17. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    IC:

Reiis smiled behind her mask at the young Jedi apprentice.

"True, Psychenos. Both Sith and Jedi alike learn from defeat.

But complacency, however, can prove fatal in the future. To say one has had a moral victory and to rationalize defeat as a learning experience is to destroy the lesson of defeat. The pains of losing must not be lessened. Not in the slightest. Instead, allow yourself to feel the pain of losing -- let it eat upon your soul.....consume your thoughts. Such is what fuels ambition and determination. Such is what will lead you to victory.

And that, young Padwan, is the difference between the Jedi and the Sith."

TAGS: Psychenous , Sarge

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather not have things eating at my soul or consuming my thoughts. That's no way to live life. Have you ever tried a few sessions with a qualified psychotherapist instead? It might do you a world of good."

Anakin.Skywalker :D

Psychenous and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  19. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis turned to the Jedi Knight, less than amused. Much less.

"And that is why all of you died."

OOC: *just laughs*
    TAGS: Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

"Funny, I don't feel dead. Seriously, I can set you up for an appointment with someone I know. She's very good. Her name is Deanna Troi. Just don't schedule a session when her mother is coming for a visit; that's when she needs a counsellor of her own."

21. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    OOC: NO FANDOM CROSSING
    Seriously, how many times do I have to tell you people to cut it out?

Very funny Sarge.

TAGS:Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    (Mental note: A.S finds fandom crossing annoying. Use aforesaid info judiciously.)

[face_mischief]

23. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    *observes the nature of the comments of the new Knight with a slightly raised eyebrow*

Curious that you chose to respond to the younger Sith and not to Darth Haretisch. :ben:

24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Silent Spy IC:

One cloaked in muted gray quietly rises from the stands, having watched the Jedi/Sith match unseen, and pockets a notebook in which meticulous notes were composed based off observation. Their head tilting to the side, fabric shifting slightly due to the motion, and a gloved finger rising to their hidden face in thought.

A nod, a retracted hand, and the turning of their back to the others.

"Yes, much knowledge was gleaned from this altercation. But there is yet more that needs to be shown."

With a wave, a sensation in the Force is rippled outward to call another to the area as they disappeared through the darkened exit in the back.

"Find an opponent. Show us what else the Force offers...

"And do not disappoint."

A quiet uneasiness settles upon the grounds.

Tag: Kev-Mas_Colcha

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

I like Reiss. She arc welds swords to her hand. That's cool. :cool: