main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Following through with a quick sidestep after the thrust, Grievance knows a moving target is more difficult to strike and an unpredictable moving target presents an even greater challenge. The latter is precisely what he is. He recovers quickly from the ineffectual thrust, despite Trysos guiding his blades away from their target.

As his opponent utilizes the Force, it cannot be said that Grievance doesn't expect it to come at some point. He always does. On the flip side, his refusal to use the Force himself provides an unpredictable measure to his fighting as other Force-sensitives may fully expect him to go for it at some point during a duel, but he never does. The only credit his Force sense gets is for being a distraction to him as it is now that Trysos is drawing on it.

The Kaleesh cyborg knows from his own sense that he is about to be Force-attacked; what he cannot predict is what type of attack it will be. Distracted by the sensation akin to an intense ringing in the ears as Trysos draws on the Force, he is briefly stalled and emits a low growl of annoyance, shaking his head in an attempt to rid himself of the unwanted sensation. As the Force-push hits him head-on, he reflexively extends his talons into the ground to anchor himself, but he does get rocked back as though a fist has hit him between the eyes. His feet just don't move from where they are planted.

"Blasted Force," he growls, shaking his head and rolling his shoulders forward as he recovers from the kinetic strike, "I am starting to wonder if any true skill-based warriors exist anymore."

His hardened gaze does not change as Trysos engages in the formalities of introductions. Grievance can't hold back an "are you serious" type scoff. As if he really wants to know the name of Ravenous' future meal. He humors his opponent anyway with a sigh of disdain.

"They call me Grievance Vexx," his cybernetic voice rumbles, "Darth is supposed to be in there, but I do not much care for titles. Now...if you are finished with the formalities, can we get on with it? I believe there is a hungry bystander awaiting the outcome of this duel."

Tag: Darth_Elu

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    IC: Kev-Mas Colcha
    The challenger pointed his bronze weapon towards Kev-Mas and declared a greeting.

“Hello there! You have felt the call and come to face the challenge, haven’t you,” were the words that came from another man, whose face was covered by a white helmet, "Now that I bear witness to two opponents, perhaps it is an apt time for warriors to exchange names before clashing again…or for the first time."

This man was a curious specimen, and Kev-Mas thought that his jovial tone was rather suspicious. At first glance, it might imply that he did not know what he was getting into. However, Kev-Mas knew all too well the art of deception, and as such he knew that his challenger could very well know exactly what he was getting into, and that his cheerfulness in such a serious situation could just be a means of throwing him off. So, he remained on guard.

His long jet black hair flowed freely in the wind as he listened to his challenger, draping around his chiseled gaunt face which was highlighted at the bottom by a thick but neatly trimmed beard.

“I am Trysos Juhne,” he continued as he made a formal introduction, “An honor. And you two are?”

Tyrsos’ weapon retreated to a neutral position held in front of him as he waited for the reply from Kev-Mas as well as a cyborg Kaleesh in the immediate area. This Kaleesh, that he could tell was in the middle of combat with the other challenger. Kev-Mas could sense a dark aura emanating from this Kaleesh, who was more machine than man. His aura, as well as his cybernetic body reminded Kev-Mas of another man he had met before, when he was in the service of the Emperor. A man known as Darth Vader. Kev-Mas made sure to be on his guard.

The Kaleesh then made his reply. “They call me Grievance Vexx,” he said, as his cybernetic voice rumbled, “Darth is supposed to be in there, but I do not much care for titles. Now…if you are finished with the formalities, can we get on with it? I believe there is a hungry bystander awaiting the outcome of this duel.”

There, Kev-Mas decided was where the similarities between this man and Vader ended. Vader was a proud being, who was not afraid to use a title to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. This man shunned titles, and preferred to strike fear with more practical means. Kev-Mas would be lying if he said he didn’t find great respect in such a man. There would be a great amount of honor associated with dueling this man. It would be a battle worthy of his talents.

Kev-Mas slammed down his saber pikes on the ground in front of him, creating a loud clang as he did.

“I am Kev-Mas Colcha,” he stated, with a bombastic, deep voice that sounded like it held an insurmountable amount of experience behind it, “I stand in the middle of the light and the dark, and wield the mysteries of the balance between.”

Tag: Darth_Elu; Kaleesh-Cyborg;

3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Darth Serapis
    Hmmm. Interesting place.
    *Holds up "Go, Go, Greivance!" sign*

IC: Gildar
    *sits down next to an Ithorian*
    Hello, hammerhead! Popcorn?
    *pulls out "Team Kev-Mas" banner*

IC: Darth Serapis
    *glares at the human over hammerhead crack, but then sees popcorn*
    Ahh! Good, then! May the best being win.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne IC:

The Potentate quietly took in the words from both of his opponents, letting their meaning soak in. This Grievance Vexx, an evident Sith, was an interesting one by his words; though he understood the sentiment. However, their definition of a warrior's skills were clearly a bit different. As for Kev-Mas Colcha….hm. He stood in between the Light and the Dark? Trysos wasn't entirely sure what to make of that statement. Did that also apply to him? He wasn't sure nor was he truly interested in that particular 'higher dynamic.' All there was, was there in front of him.

Today? It was these two and himself, in this arena. With a combat challenge forming their temporary bond. He had his own objectives. To show the strength of the Shado Varmiri. Their own? Who knew, nor did it fully matter. The blades of their willpower made manifest would strike again soon enough.

"Greetings Grievance. Kev-Mas. Thank you for indulging me with that. I feel it important to exchange names with those who are clearly worthy. Now, without further ado, we shall continue as desired though I think your idea of warrior is a little eschewed."

Planting his feet into a more solid foundation to build a more formidable defensive posture, Trysos continued to survey the two of them. The Kaleesh Cyborg really was a fighter in the traditional sense of the word. Hungry for combat and nothing more, he wanted the traditional fighting of normally perceived weapon against weapon. This is something he actually respected, though he'd have to educate him on certain facts. A battlefield was so much more than your lightsaber, your blaster, your body. Even if that was the focal point.

As for Kev-Mas….clearly he was physically strong. And cybernetically enhanced as well. That much was clear. His build, his eyes, and the strength in which he slammed down his twin pikes all denoted it. And to wield two of those weapons at once? The evidence was plain for all to see. His dexterity, enhanced both mechanically and by the Force, were clearly of superior quality. Possibly even elite. Masterful potentially.

No matter what their level, these two would soon find the Jensaarai-style armor adopted by the Varmiri would prove to be far more of a bulwark to their attacks than they realized. He would not opt for the offensive this time. Not yet.

"Come at me."

Tag: Kaleesh-Cyborg Kev-Mas_Colcha

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The man who previously introduced himself as Trysos Juhne opened his mouth to speak once more.

"Greetings Grievance. Kev-Mas. Thank you for indulging me with that. I feel it important to exchange names with those who are clearly worthy. Now, without further ado, we shall continue as desired though I think your idea of warrior is a little eschewed."

As he spoke, Kev-Mas analyzed his opponents carefully, looking for weaknesses he could exploit. It had seemed that the Sith known as Grievance Vexx disliked Force based attacks. At first it could be taken as merely a warrior’s sense of honor, but with what Kev-Mas knew of the Sith he knew that wasn’t likely, no matter how apparent it might be. Furthermore, the Sith had a body that was comprised of mostly cybernetics, which meant there were plenty weaknesses to exploit there.

As for this Trysos fellow, he appeared to be wearing heavy battle armor that he seemed to place a good amount of faith in. This armor would significantly lower his dexterity, but it would in turn raise his defense against attacks. Kev-Mas knew how that worked, as he had relied on his own armor in a similar manner.

Furthermore, the two combatants were currently fighting each other. This was the best tactical advantage that he could use at the current moment, so that is what he would do for the time being. He would let them wear each other down, and then he would strike.

“Come at me.”

Instead of attacking foolishly head on, reaching out to the Force, Kev-Mas covered himself in a veil of shadow, concealing him from sight yet again. For all intents and purposes, he had vanished into thin air. Not detectable by sense of the Force nor by sight. It was in this cover of darkness that he would wait and stalk his prey.

6. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    OOC- Apologies for the delay, gentlemen.

IC- As a third warrior makes his presence known in the pit, Grievance shifts his piercing reptilian eyes to him, his head turning just enough that he can keep Trysos within sight as well. Ever mistrusting, he will not set himself up for an ambush. As he looks upon the one who calls himself Kev-Mas, he immediately takes notice of the cybernetic enhancements. Oddly enough, his thoughts are not intimidated nor admiring.

Were those enhancements forced upon you, great warrior? he silently wonders, a brief trace of empathy crossing his fiery eyes at the mere thought of someone else being subjected to the horrors he has endured, Or did you choose them for yourself?

He inclines his head in a noble gesture of acknowledgement to Kev-Mas, then his gaze shifts to Trysos as the initial challenger speaks again.

My, he's a cheery one, he thinks with a roll of his eyes, but his stance becomes visibly hostile as Trysos criticizes his perspective of what makes a warrior.

"Eschewed?" he laughs, a throaty, rumbling sound, "I rely on my hard-earned skill to fight. I do not need supernatural powers to defeat my foes. The proof is in my track record. Now let us get on with this. Your cheerful banter is starting to annoy me."

Like Kev-Mas, he is not so inclined to strike first. They have had a single go at each other--a mere butting of heads. It hasn't revealed enough about Trysos for him to adjust his approach accordingly. He takes to circling again, relying on his own intimidating presence to set the mood. No foe has ever reacted the same way to his presence in combat. Younger warriors are more inclined to underestimate him. Older ones know better than to assume he will behave like a droid.

As he circles Trysos like a wolf on the prowl, he slowly narrows his circle, closing in. This is also a tactical move on his part. Most times, if he places himself within striking distance of a weapon, opponents are a little less likely to attack him with the Force. And speaking of the Force, as Kev-Mas conceals his presence, Grievance cannot detect him, per se, but the Force itself is something he can feel and it irritates him immensely, presenting him with the challenge of maintaining his focus.

With the knowledge that the gray jedi is watching and waiting unseen, Grievance breaks into quad-wielding stance, arming himself with two additional sabers. With two arms poised over his back and slightly behind him and two arms wide-set in front, he starts rotating them with increasing speed, forming a shield of humming blue and green light to protect himself from a potential sneak-attack from the invisible warrior as he circles the cheerful one.

Tag: Darth_Elu Kev-Mas_Colcha

7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: No worries. :)

Trysos Juhne IC:

It would seem all sides are wary of making that first strike, though it is perhaps tactically sound. Especially in this situation. Kev-Mas went a slight step further by not initiating in any further conversation. All business. He was here for the challenge and the challenge only. Grievance had immediately positioned himself to keep an eye on both of them, much like he himself had done. His instincts continued to show themselves, which was good.

The kaleesh cyborg showed a brief roll of the eyes. The gray type opponent also seemed unamused by his conversation. Clearly such things were viewed as annoying and superficial. Unnecessary. At least for the first opponent that had arrived. It wasn't his original intention, but that could be something to exploit. Perhaps.

"Eschewed? I rely on a my hard-earned skill to fight. I do not need supernatural powers to defeat my foes. The proof is in my track record. Now let us get on with this. Your cheerful banter is starting to annoy me."

A slight smile, further amused by the Sith's words, presented itself though his stance didn't initially change. Not until he began to circle him once more and the other had vanished.

So Kev-Mas is a stealth type. I will have to thank the Seyugi for providing ample training in that regard at some point.

Steadily, the kaleesh closes in amid his stalking analysis. Now would be a good time to apply the Force again. Catch him off guard and yank him toward his weapon? No. Tactically viable, but his ultimate objective would be a failure then. He came to show his strength and while he'd attempt to educate this one, he'd also show he could fight in the same manner that the Sith preferred. That was how to correctly show off his order's strength and earn respect.

That didn't mean it was completely off the table though. Especially not with the other one making liberal use of Force abilities.

Then came the quad-wielding abilities. Trysos' eyes widened momentarily, surprised, but then settled into an impassive mask within the helm. The spinning blades creating an intimidating sound and ample defense. An obstacle he hadn't foreseen, but that was part of the fun!

He remained standing where he was, unyielding and not willing to change his position as that'd likely be the best opening for Kev-Mas Colcha. Quietly, he was syncing. Melding with another bound to him and he to them, hidden and out of the way but nearby. A second pair of eyes and superior senses at his disposal. For a Shado Varmiri was never alone. It was these senses that remained on high alert for the one whom had pulled a vanishing act for the time being.

His presence in the Force was masterfully hidden and his visual appearance all but gone. But his scent. And quiet movements, even if unknown to the two sizing each other up, were unlikely to escape the vornskr known as Sharaz hiding behind some rubble as positioned before any of the others had arrived.

When Grievance was at one of his close points amid his circling, he finally lashed out with a quick stab to stop the whirl of blades. The moment it was blocked, he'd retract the blade and bat away any immediate counterattacks, backing up as he did so. Luring him in.

"A warrior utilizes his full arsenal. The Force is just another weapon in the combat zone. A Sith knew this, I thought."

Yes, he was talking. Again. And his demeanor hadn't changed in the least. They might find things fishy and odd, but then again…They all were here for very different reasons.

Meanwhile, the moment Kev-Mas made any kind of move toward Trysos…Sharaz would spring into action and force him to appear again. Alone the vornskr would be no match for the man clearly, but that wouldn't be the point.

Tag: Kaleesh-Cyborg Kev-Mas_Colcha

8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Eyes trained on their target, Grievance continues his slow, deliberate circling. He is mentally biting every small detail of his opponent's body language; his stance, his grip on his weapon, the look in his eyes, the placement of his feet. He may ignore his Force sense, but war senses are on high alert, keen to every little thing around him. He is even mindful of Ravenous, still lurking up above somewhere. He narrows the circle, closer still to Trysos, the ceaseless humming of the four rotating blades an intimidating sound in itself. He will instigate this one to strike first; he's done it before through seemingly passive advances such as the one he is making now. He has been a warrior long enough to know how to manipulate a fight to give himself advantages.

Watching Trysos, he can tell he is calculating how he will handle this approach, weighing options and their outcomes in his mind. Annoyingly cheery he may be, but this demonstrates that he is a good warrior; not one to act on impulse, which increases Grievance's faith in this fight. He doesn't like being disappointed by foes who talk big or act macho only to be easily conquered ten minutes into a duel. This annoys him perhaps more than a cheery attitude. And speaking of cheery, Grievance always enters a battle with Force-wielders under the notion that they think they can give him a schooling with their abilities. He truly appreciates the idea; it makes him feel even better after he cuts them down and shatters their hopes of ever educating him. Indeed, he takes something away from every fight he engages, but no one has ever persuaded him to deviate from his refusal to use the Force.

As he raises the bar of the challenge by utilizing his additional arms, he is pleased by Trysos' reaction as it is similar to reactions this move has evoked before; the initial look of surprise and the realization that things are not always what they seem at a glance. He thrives on this reaction, knowing in some way or another, his opponent has, to a degree, underestimated him.

"A Sith does know this," he replies, more than willing to engage in debate while dueling as he enjoys intellectual combat as much as he does physical, "A warrior knows what weapons are truly necessary on the front and, as a warrior, I prefer that my enemies know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is I who will strike them down; not some blast of kinetic energy that could have come from anywhere."

As Trysos stops one of his spinning blades, Grievance lowers his massive form with the intent to strike low, a move most do not expect from a creature of his stature. At a height exceeding two meters, low strikes are not an easy thing for him to pull off, but he has obviously had a great deal of practice in executing such a move, for it is fast, fluid, and deliberate and it is not with his lightsabers; it is with his talons.

Tag: Darth_Elu @Kev-Mas_Colchas

Darth_Elu likes this.
  9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

Kev-Mas continues to wait for the opportune moment to strike, as he continues to remain hidden with the veil of the Force. While hidden, he stands off in the distance of the two other combatants, watching their battle of wits.

“Eschewed?” laughs the Sith known as Grievance with a throaty rumbling, “I rely on my hard-earned skill to fight. I do not need supernatural powers to defeat my foes. The proof is in my track record. Now let us get on with this. Your cheerful banter is starting to annoy me.”

“What a fool,” Kev-Mas thought to himself, “Those supernatural powers are hard earned skills. Only a fool would deny the Power of the Force, and the usefulness it has in battle. A fool such as one whose body has a glaring weakness to one of the most frequently used offensive force abilities ever. I would think that a Sith, one who devotes himself to such dark powers would know this more than any. I don’t think it’s likely that this pathetic excuse for an adherent of the Dark Side will last long enough to face my blades.”

Then he saw his next move, and scoffed to himself about the ridiculousness of it all.

“Oh hey, that’s a cool trick! Let’s try spinning! If the Inquisitors and their ridiculous spinning saberstaffs are of any indication, showing off nifty gadgets is no match for raw power. His time is limited.”

Just then, the one known as Trysos lashed out at the cyborg with a quick stab to lure him in.

"A warrior utilizes his full arsenal,” he said, “The Force is just another weapon in the combat zone. A Sith knew this, I thought."

“Yes. He understands. I think this shall be a quick matchup, and he shall most likely be my opponent.”

“A Sith does know this,” replied the Kaleesh, “A warrior knows what weapons are truly necessary on the front and, as a warrior, I prefer that my enemies know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is I who will strike them down; not some blast of kinetic energy that could have come from anywhere.”

“No, not a warrior, but a fool. A proud fool, but a fool no less. If your opponent does not know where your attacks come from, he does not deserve the honor of knowing, but rather a swift death. Deception is a tool which wins battles, and to deny its usefulness is to surrender to defeat. Pride comes before the fall.”

Trysos’ stab worked in stopping one of the Cyborg’s blades as well as luring him in further. Furthermore, the Kaleesh made the… Grievous tactical error of lowering himself before his opponent, despite his mechanical frame’s large size.

“Indeed he is a fool. He just removed the advantage his larger size gave him, and turned it into a weakness. This is almost too embarrassing to watch.”

If anything, this was trying Kev-Mas’ patience however. For now, though, he resisted the urge to come out of the shadows and in his mind, put the Sith abomination out of its misery. So he could lock blades with who he considered to be his true opponent.

OOC: "Grievous" is bolded in this post because well... puns are fun.

Darth_Elu and DarthIshyZ like this.
  10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne IC:

It was a good thing he made a mental note of his feet previously. The speed with which Grievance struck was notable and the talons would have done a great deal of damage possibly. One of the reasons Trysos finds himself narrowly evading was because of his already backward movement, anticipating a counterattack of some form. Granted, he thought lightsaber right then, but nonetheless he had been in motion and made sure to keep to it. Still, it wasn't an exaggerated movement, so he made sure to also slide his left quickly, still keeping in front of the cyborg.

The talon gave a clangs it just grazed off the side of his right leg, the greaves doing their work. But the Potentate was only getting started. Fluidity must be matched with fluidity. They were not breaking off from combat this time, so it needed to be maintained.

After sliding to the left just enough to evade, he struck out again with his lightsaber and jumped. The blade was meant to simply ward off the clear swipes that would come for it, as he didn't go backward…but forward. The kaleesh had lowered himself to deliver the talon strike and as such, the firrerreo had decided to act quickly and make it rather hard on his opponent. With an opponent like this, with four blades…it was easy to become intimidated. To back away, just as he initially had, and try to fend off. Keep away from being overwhelmed. Not many would think to charge in on such an enemy deliberately, when already right in front of them. There was a problem with multiple limbs.

Once within their guard, they became tangled up and harder to maximize efficiency even more than those with two. Furthermore, such an attack kept him crouched for that half second, he wasn't jumping over him. He was aiming to come right down on him with a Force enhanced foot crashing down on him. Or so was the aim.

Trysos aimed to stand atop the cyborg and bat away at him like some kind of hell rider trying to tame a krayt dragon. If it worked, it would be chaotic. Confusing. And infuriating. But it kept to the kaleesh's standards of minimal Force too, so it'd be interesting to see what he made of it. Once there, if successful as hoped, he'd spin his blade around in a circle to do the first warding off of blades before getting ready to refocus on stabbing down. He trusted his Varmiri Armor with its cortosis-weave to effectively resist the blades crashing down on him just for that critical moment.

Had he ever witnessed a counter like that, he wondered. It wasn't one meant to be maintained long, but if it worked…it could end things swiftly.

Also Sharaz now found himself on the move, quietly moving about the debris and skulking toward the arena proper. His nose and ears were hard at work, with Kev-Mas' brief moment of irritation causing the vornskr's ears to perk up though it faded due to the talented level of hiding in the Force being displayed. Still, his natural senses honed in on the rogue...

Tag: Kev-Mas_Colcha Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kev-Mas_Colcha and DarthIshyZ like this.
  11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Kev-Mas may be holding a seemingly passive position in this battle at the moment, but whether he knows it or not, his Force-based action of cloaking his presence is a nuisance to Grievance. His sensitivity to the Force being used in close proximity to him is on high alert and it rings in his mind like an alarm with no off switch, creating very distracting internal conditions for the cyborg. This is a reason high on his list of why he hates the Force. Not the number one reason, but within the top five at least. He shakes his head in aggravation, emitting a low growl as he doggedly maintains his focus on Trysos.

The strike with his talons, whether successful or not, had been intended for the element of surprise and it has accomplished its intended purpose as he can see that his opponent has to adjust accordingly and the delay in his reaction says he had not been expecting such an unorthodox attack. Undaunted, though the strike does not have a physical impact on Trysos, Grievance maintains the lowered stance. There is a method to his madness; his tactical mind never acts on impulse. Every move he makes is calculated and deliberate whether it appears foolish to a bystander or not.

As Trysos counters unpredictable with unpredictable, the Kaleesh warrior is no more daunted than he was before. This is indeed a very good fight as his opponent, though faced with an admittedly intimidating foe, makes the gutsy move of rushing at him instead of retreating to avoid the risk of being overwhelmed. The cyborg couldn't have asked for a better challenger at this stage.

"What is that old saying?" he asks with a sense of amusement as Trysos manages to lock all four of his blades in the close collision, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?"

Then comes the jump with the intent of an overhead strike. No, Grievance has never faced an attack like this. Until this day, no one has taken him on that was both so calculating and so gutsy. Most preferred to keep their distance from him and attack through the Force. This is why the Kaleesh cyborg is so enjoying this duel; it is everything his background as a warrior expects and prefers from traditional hand-to-hand combat, not "cheating" through distance attacks, but the courage that comes with putting oneself directly on the front.

As Trysos foot touches down right between his durasteel shoulder plates, the Force-enhanced connection is enough to jar his organic heart, knocking it out of its rhythm for a split second, but it does not go unnoticed by the Kaleesh. He knows he must act quickly to get out from under his opponent, lest he get his limbs or his head lopped off by his blade. Opting for unpredictability again, though his initial response might appear predictable, he sets all four blades to spinning in a raised position, bringing all of them up slowly to close in on his "rider" from all directions, however the real intent here is not necessarily to dismember Trysos; it is a deliberate distraction. He will have no choice but to ward off the offending blades or relinquish his position. If he does the latter, fine; but Grievance isn't so inclined to believe he will, which is why there is a follow-through planned out for this initial defense.

Tag: Darth_Elu Kev-Mas_Colcha

OOC- Very "punny", Kev-Mas. -_- Actually, your silent critique of Grievance's performance is most amusing, especially the thoughts on the signature "cyborg lawnmower/ceiling fan" move. *chuckles*

12. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Darth Haretisch

From a perch seated high in the stands above the pit, a black cloaked figure surveys the goings on of the arena. A crucible of carnage populated by various up-and-comers, has-beens and never-weres. He draws back his hood to reveal a gaunt and weathered face, then parts his cloak to reveal the shine of polished white plasteel. At his belt hangs a pillar of chrome bound in Mynock leather.

"Darth Alva, Jar-Jar Binks. Come forward," his voice projects through the pit. "By my order, and by order of Ananta Chetan of the Guardians of Light, you will engage in single combat. There will be only one victor."

TAG: Isley_27, Jar-Jar Binks, Ananta Chetan

13. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    IC: Darth Alva

Alva approached out of the shadows in response to the Night Herald's call. "I am eager to face the Jedi, master." He kneeled, "I will not fail."

A cruel smile came on Alva's face at just the thought of a conflict with the defender of the light side. He raised himself and turned to look at his opponent with the unchanged dark glance, his eyes burned the corrupted golden-yellow.

The assassin nodded his head towards the Jedi as a sign of some respect. "Greetings. I am your opponent, Darth Alva. Be at ease and know that I will use all of my powers in the dark side to defeat you."

Tags Jar-Jar Binks Darth_wanderguard

14. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan

Navigating the last of what seemed to be an infinity of stairs leading to the secluded box seat, I observe that my dark counterpart has already arrived and is seated comfortably.

Greetings...O' Revered Dark One. I offer a respectful bow and then peer down below to ascertain if both duelists are prepared to initiate the contest.

Placing a freshly stocked concession box between us, by gesture I present them...signature Rancor Pit-Corn and Jakku Insta-breadsticks, with bluemilk cheese dipping sauce.

Any predictions for today's match?

TAG Darth_wanderguard Jar-Jar Binks Isley_27

15. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    sits quietly with her hands in her lap observing. She doesn't like this place, but will keep her eyes open for any deceptive behaviour ;)

16. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    IC - SKY

Jedi Knight Sky, male 31 years of age and a humanoid raised by Ewoks from the moon of Endor steps into the spotlight.:cool:

"I'm here. Master Ananta, Darth Haretisch, Darth Alva," Sky bows respectively. ^:)^
    "If I must, I must master. I don't wish to take life but some cases it may be the only option." [face_phbbbbt]

[face_devil]

"Hello there." :ben:
    "There isn't enough dark side force power in all the galaxy to defeat me but you may try." :-B

TAGS: Ananta Chetan Isley_27 Darth_wanderguard

17. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016

"There isn't enough dark side force power in all the galaxy to defeat me but you may try," stated Sky. Alva slightly tilted his head, he couldn't help but chuckle at the statement, "Your masters will see the error of your arrogance in underestimating the dark side of the force, Jedi."

With nothing more to say, Alva would pass by Sky and make his way to the center of the Pit. He inhaled, taking in the stale and foul air of the arena; all the while channeling the anger in his heart. Alva could feel his fury and malice taking over as if he was beckoning the dark side to give him strength. "Let us begin!"

Alva opened his right palm and the saber attached at his side sprang to life and flew to his hand. He seized a tight hold of the hilt, and the quick press of a button caused a crimson blade to shoot forward. Giving off a flurried salute, Alva raised his awareness and readied himself.

"En Garde..Jedi!"

OOC: Good luck man![face_peace]

Tag Jar-Jar Binks

18. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    OOC: This may be redundant, but will post it again at the outset of the duel for our new participants:
    Also both should honor the rules of the Pit and adhere to the normal RPG protocol regarding no-autohitting, etc. If you wish to set-up something outside the match via PM that crosses the normal boundaries, then make sure it is properly noted in your post and clear for the reader. The duel should last roughly a week

Whatever happened to this guy? :p

TAG Jar-Jar Binks Isley_27 Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent

19. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

I'm looking forward to this match up. Now, where is VPO with my basket of refreshments?

VPO!!

Tag: dragonsith13 :p

20. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    IC - SKY :cool:

"Your masters will see the error of your arrogance in underestimating the dark side of the force, Jedi," said Darth Alva. Underestimated perhaps but at least Sky never joined the Sith he thought to himself, I would think my Masters would see that as the biggest mistake.

Sky removed his cloak and walked into the Rancor pit for the first time. He would have to center ones self and be one with the force to complete his task. A task he should dislike but was rather comfortable doing, ending a life is never easy but sometimes necessary. Sky will remind himself of the Jedi philosophy; There is no emotion, there is peace. I will have to be careful not to be reckless and stay unified with the force to take on a Sith.

I suppose all whats left to do is begin this duel. Sky places a hand around his lightsaber and then another, his palms begin to sweat a little. He gets into a Soresu stance and ignites his yellow lightsaber. The buzzing of the laser sword always kept Sky relaxed and help him while he is in a state of Moving Meditation.

"Alva, we don't have to do this. You can change your ways and find the light within yourself... Otherwise I will kill you until you die from it."

Sky did not hesitate. He plunged his lightsaber forward towards Darth Alva.....

TAGS: Ananta Chetan Isley_27

21. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016

Typical of Jedi to spit out some passive philosophy in a duel. Alva was silent, such words have no meaning for a Sith. Without a seconds delay the Jedi lunged forward, his yellow blade approaching rather quickly. Alva's reflexes reacted to counter with a parry, which in turn caused the blades to bind. There was a small flash followed by the hissing of both sabers making contact for the first time.

Readjusting his footwork, Alva directed his lightsaber away and broke from the bind. He paced to the left side with his weapon pointed in a downward angle. After pausing for a brief moment, Alva casually reached for the butt-end of his hilt. He then gently turned it so that something clicked in place though as to what is was, well, the Jedi what just have to wait and see.

With another short flourish of his lightsaber, Alva came in this time with a low slash directed at his opponent's mid section.

Tags Jar-Jar Binks Ananta Chetan Darth_wanderguard

22. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016

Alva was quick but not quick enough. At the last second thanks to some fast foot work Sky was able to move back far enough that Alva's sword just missed his stomach by inches. Sky hit the backside of Avla's swinging red lightsaber knocking it away and allowing Sky to regain his balance. "That was too close". This Sith was going to be a challenge.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Those who don't understand this are quick to fear, fear is the path to the Darkside. And I was not going to let this Sith extinguish my flame, not today. If Alva gives into his fear or emotion he may slip up and that is when I'll have to surprise him. Sky took a deep breath and the dance resumed.

Sky and Alva held their lightsabers over their heads and locked eyes as they side stepped in a clockwise circle. At the same time they both moved towards one another and slashed downward until their blades made contact briefly before being swung around and clashing again and again.

Sky then leaped over Alva turning as he swung with his all his might.

23. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016

The Jedi's blade work was impressive, to say the least. Each blow was met by both users of the force, however the Jedi attempted to leap over Alva and strike him in an acrobatic maneuver. It seems his opponent used some aspects of Ataru in his style. A clever ploy, yet one that could be countered by the surprise prepared earlier. As Sky jumped over, Alva positioned the tale end of his hilt upwards. When Alva had constructed his lightsaber he had built another hidden emitter, tucked away at the bottom end. A second blade extended from the end of the hilt. Now Alva's weapon was a double-ended saber.

The tale blade blocked Sky's attack as he landed. Alva stepped away to space himself from Sky, turning his body around to face face him again.

"An impressive feat Jedi, but it will take more than flips and leaps to outmaneuver me."

Alva orbited his dual featured saber, the blades violently hummed and traced themselves through the air. Utilizing both ends, Alva came forward to engage Sky once more. As his blades rapidly circulating, he stroke with the left side, then right, rotated with an orbit and so on in a seemingly random yet methodical series of attacks.

Tag Jar-Jar Binks

24. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016

Darth Alva's double ended lightsaber surprised him to say the least. This was an unwelcome turn of events. Trying to stop Darth Alva and preserve his life in tact may no longer be an option. A Chu mai point of contact severs the weapon hand entirely but Sky might not have the time to compute those calculations anymore.

"An impressive feat Jedi, but it will take more than flips and leaps to outmaneuver me."

"And it will take more then a double ended lightsaber to stop me."

There is no passion, there is serenity. Sky would remind himself not to be overwhelmed or worried. He took in a death breath to calm his nerves. A drop of sweat ran down his face and his hands were starting to perspire.

Sky was being pushed by Darth Alva's attacks so much so that he almost fell backwards on his arse. Sky was in a state of consistent blocking and deflecting of Alva's double ended red lightsaber that was coming at him like a windmill in a lighting storm.

Then Sky decided he had to do something before being cut into pieces. A plunged through the heart was not an option at the moment. The sound of the lightsabers was more intense now as the fighting went on. Sky would go for the legs which Alva blocked and then quickly go for the head.

25. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Darth Haretisch

Rancor Pit-Corn. Jakku Insta-breadsticks. Bluemilk cheese dipping sauce! It was all so foul.

"I have no need of overpriced stadium fare, Jedi," Haretisch replied with a sneer. "And whatever kind of butter or whatever that is that they put on the breadsticks makes my breath unpleasant. "

For a moment the Night Herald made to remove a glove in the interest of slapping the Jedi, but immediately thought better of it. Whatever verbal derision he directed the Jedi's way, he had no doubt that such a gesture would result in a coming to blows, and he felt there was nothing more ill-bred than upstaging one's own apprentice. Indeed, today was about Alva.

"Prediction?" he continued. "I predict that the more powerful side of the force will prevail."

TAG: Ananta Chetan