main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Understood, Colcha. So they are more Alchemical Enhancements. I see. Was just confused a bit since I was mainly going off your CS in 'The Grey Way' and saw a little list of cybernetic stuff. lol!

Trysos Juhne IC:

“To follow the Grey way is to recognize balance in all things. One of these things is the fragile balance between chaos and order in nature.”

"There are many ways to recognize such a balance. It is oft best left to The Force to decide how best to determine its own balance. Over-thinking will cause unnecessary ripples, in my opinion. We are but creations of said balance, not its stewards."

The Potentate waited for Kev-Mas to make his move. As he clearly showed he would not be initiating combat this time and Grievance was not in much position to do so yet himself, it was clear the 'Grey' one was in the midst of coming up with his next move while planning an exit just incase. He certainly seemed to think in such ways.

“With the Force on my side. I can turn this very planet into a weapon of my own design.”

Trysos sighed. That particular line, the first one, sounded more Jedi in fashion. They were as misguided as the others in his opinion. It would appear Kev-Mas Colcha, while different and thus intriguing, was no different. Just a different angle. He supposed both of his opponents thought the same of him in return however, so it was best to just ignore that line of thinking before he got to far in it.

As the man began to slam his pikes down into the ground, a movement he seemed to favor, he allowed one simple response to that last quote.

"The Force chooses no side. It is with each of us."

Then the tremors began abruptly. A grand fissure erupting between them and violent shaking occurring beneath him. It jarred him, but only for a second as he did a simple hop into the air and delved into the White Current once more to Levitate, while also floating Sharaz up from where he was as well. No shaking to disrupt them while they moved just enough to the side in mid-air to keep the ground shaker in his sights. The volatility of the earth was easily notable as was the kaleesh cyborg's position now on a side wall. A nice and simple evasion, though he'd have to be careful. The walls connected to the floor and with just enough time, their foundation would crumble and he would find himself falling despite himself.

"You will not walk away from this battle unscathed, undecided one. Before this duel is finished, you will bear a permanent reminder that you and I crossed paths."
    Trysos decided not to add anything further. The statement was simple enough nor was it directed at him, so that was that. His focus remained on the shattering earth below them. It was a dramatic display to be sure and not of natural manipulation through the Force, but directly Force-induced by his estimation. So it wasn't exactly an Atmokinetic style assault, though it reminded him of it. His eyes flicked to Sharaz, to the earth, then back in the direction of Kev-Mas while his senses kept Grievance's position noted as well.

Very well.
    With his free left hand, Trysos made his counter. Force Lightning with savage intensity, not quite to Kev-Mas' amplified charge earlier but deadly enough. Did he expect it to do any damage? No. But the Grey One's reaction would be telling.

Tag: Kaleesh-Cyborg Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

The Dawn Herald nodded towards Darth_wanderguard and Ananta Chetan. They had made a unanimous decision, and she would be the one to deliver it to the two fighting below.

She gracefully smoothed her robes before leaping down to the arena floor of the Pit. Bellorum raised her hands and swiftly called Sky and Alva's sabers of light into her hands. The flashing blades were extinguished before she spoke.

With a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes, she stood before the two males.

"We have determined the victor of this match. Your Masters and I have watched you closely and we're pleased with how you've fought. Both of you have shown us creative attacks and reactions. It was close, but we give the edge in this match to...

Sky."

Well done, both of you.

Congratulations Jar-Jar Binks. :)

Isley_27, I advise you to grovel before The Night Herald.

"I can be found back at the Temple if you have questions," Bellorum nodded slightly and walked away.

Tag: Ananta Chetan Jar-Jar Binks Darth_wanderguard Isley_27

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    IC: Kev-Mas Colcha

Kev-Mas ignored Trysos’s attempts to debate him on the true nature of the Force, seeing how he already made his point with actions rather than words, or so he thought. The “Forcequake” also allowed himself to force his opponents to reveal some of the cards they had up their sleeves, so to speak, and allowed Kev-Mas further knowledge of what kind of opponents they were facing.

Trysos, he decided was a jack of all trades, but master of none. He indeed had a lot of tricks up his sleeves, but he seemed to view them simply as tools in a toolbox and nothing more. He seemed to lack the dedication to the Force needed to fully grasp the powers he was using, and as such only possessed a rudimentary knowledge. He indeed did possess unique unseen powers, but they seemed to come merely out of knowing a diverse range of powers. Hybrids of different techniques, so to speak. Intense knowledge was there, but Kev-Mas knew that knowledge of the Force was more than just learning different powers. No, it was also about mastering these powers, and understanding what was behind them. Knowing is different than understanding, and perhaps today Kev-Mas would get the chance to teach him this. He had decided to himself that the Varmiri was not a foe worth killing, but rather one worth teaching. A far greater act than to simply slay your opponents on the battlefield, was to command respect in them, and to allow them to find greater strength from the encounter.

In response to Kev-Mas’ attack on him, the one known as Grievance gave his threat.

"You will not walk away from this battle unscathed, undecided one. Before this duel is finished, you will bear a permanent reminder that you and I crossed paths."

As for this Sith, Kev-Mas saw that he possessed a great deal of arrogance. Arrogance that showed he was incapable of learning; his sole dedication to the Dark Side had clouded his judgment and closed his mind. Arrogance that lead to several tactical mistakes, for which Kev-Mas capitalized upon. Arrogance that Kev-Mas decided would be his end.

Kev-Mas had to hold back laughter. The crippled cyborg was in no position to make threats, especially considering he had yet to inflict a single wound on him yet had taken several already. He was but a mere animal, and his current stance placing him on all fours only served to represent that.

“I always take permanent reminders from my challenges of strength,” stated Kev-Mas matter-of-factly, ceasing the ground quake that he had started, having made his point and revealed much from his opponents, “They’re called trophies.”

Just then, Kev-Mas’ senses blared out, and he detected Trysos sending a burst of electrical force energy at him. Holding his lightsaber pikes out towards the blast, he absorbed it and channeled it into electrical energy surrounding it. Almost as if he was holding the electro staves like that of an IG-100 Magnaguard, but with lightsaber blades coming forth from them.

“Now, I think your head would make a fine addition my trophy cabinet,” Kev-Mas said, having selected his target already, walking towards the Kaleesh, continuing to taunt him, “Come down from there and fight me. Live prey is worth more points.”

Tag: Darth_Elu; Kaleesh-Cyborg;
    OOC:
    Force Powers used:
    Tutaminis - absorbing the Lightning and wrapping it around his saber pikes

Darth_Elu and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    So much of Grievance's demeanor tends to be misconstrued as arrogance when in reality, his words go far deeper than that. He is not ignorant of the fact that the odds are severely stacked against him, facing two formidable wielders of the Force while he, though as Force-sensitive as his opponents, feels he has no need of it. His loyalty to the Sith is out of necessity. He has his own agenda in mind, but he will not stoop to betrayal.

As for his threat, it is more accurately identified as a vow that plainly acknowledges his own mortality under the circumstances. He may go down, but he is determined to go out with a backlash to his foes. He is fairly certain that Trysos has little if any intentions of killing him. He had been given a grand opportunity to do so when he had managed to launch himself onto his shoulders, but he had chosen to deliver a less devastating blow. Kev-Mas, on the other hand, is ruthless. Grievance realized this when the man had set Sharaz on fire. He knows that those cybernetic eyes view him as a mindless beast with as little, if not less, value than the vornskr. No matter. He has been dehumanized most of his life and proven those who underestimated him wrong time and time again, fulfilling a prophesy spoken to him as a youngling.

"You will travel a long and hard course; a thousand times, you will be struck down. But a thousand times, you shall rise. To the skies, you shall rise."

He has taken that seriously from the time it was spoken. This is why he fights, though deep down he wishes to fight no more. This is why, right now, he is determined to stand up to Kev-Mas, though he must not be impulsive in his desire to deal the warrior some due damage. He has to calculate this with extreme caution, though he is intensely irritated by this one behaving as though he is a god of that blasted Force. He knows what he must do, but he also knows it is terribly risky. Kev-Mas has allowed neither himself nor Trysos to get within striking range with a weapon, which causes Grievance to wonder just how capable he is without the Force and only a weapon in hand.

At last! he thinks with anticipation of a real duel as Kev-Mas approaches and challenges him to leave his place on the craggy wall, A true show of real skill born of sweat and blood. I was beginning to wonder if this one would forever hide behind the Force.

Agile despite his wounds, Grievance springs off the wall, landing lightly on his feet in a deep crouch, though one hand also meets the ground to absorb some of the impact in an effort to spare his damaged structure. His eyes fixed on Kev-Mas, he slowly rises to his full height, igniting two lightsabers. He is well aware that his opponent has currently harnessed Force-lightning yet again, but being that his weapons closely resemble electrified ones he has dealt with before, he is not overly concerned. He regards Kev-Mas with the solid look of one who is ready to fight; there is no trace of fear in spite of the warrior's threat to take his head. He stands his ground, strategically close enough to be attacked with a weapon, and he does not move. The idea of close combat for him comes with the opportunity to exchange words, which can be as interesting as exchanging strike for strike. He seeks to exchange a few words with this one, whom he decidedly does not like, but he is still curious in regards to the Grey's belief system and he views every confrontation as an opportunity to learn many things. Meanwhile, he has also strategically placed himself so his back is not turned to Trysos. Though that Force-wielder had shown mercy in his attack, Grievance certainly does not trust him to remain merciful, nor does he expect him to not take advantage of an exposed back or flank.

"Here I am, trophy-hunter," his mechanically-aided voice rumbles as his reptilian eyes lock unblinking on Kev-Mas, his sabers held in a mild defense position, "Come and get me."

Tag: Darth_Elu Kev-Mas_Colcha

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

Seeing how he had just appealed to Grievance’s desire for blade-on-blade action, it was without question to Kev-Mas that he would return the favor by rescinding the high ground of which he clung to, to face him with sabers ignited.

Despite his wounds and his lumbering size, Kev-Mas noticed that his form still had plenty of agility left in it. It seems that he may have underestimated him slightly, and as such he would still need to take care in engaging this foe. However, that satisfied Kev-Mas, who only answered the call today in hopes of a real challenge. One that he seems to have been getting from the one known as Trysos, but not yet from Grievance. Not until now, it seemed, and rightfully so. An enemy with their back against the wall and nothing left to lose all too often proved themselves to be the most ferocious.

“Here I am, trophy-hunter,” announced the Kaleesh, reptilian eyes focused upon Kev-Mas, “Come and get me.”

Assuming a mixed Juyo and Djem So stance, Kev-Mas held his saber pikes up in a spread-eagle manner, pointing inwards towards his opponent. Upon closer inspection, it would be seen that these pikes were made from a very heavy and strong metal, but coated with a black cortosis-alloy to prevent damage from lightsaber strikes and to fully take advantage of the long reach they afforded the wielder. They were each one meter long in length, not counting the lightsaber blade which was the equal to the length of a standard lightsaber blade. Needless to say, the weapons Kev-Mas was managing to wield as if it were child's play were actually taller than him with the blade attached.

He then, with his right-handed pike, with its blade of crimson, thrusted forwards toward his opponent to test his defenses. Combined with his Battle Precognition and mastery of the Echani Martial Arts, he would quickly pull back if there was a considerable bulwark to be encountered with his opponent’s defenses. The strike he was making had the force of a full-on attack backing it, making it seem as if he were going all out against his opponent, but in all reality, he was merely testing his opponent and this attack was merely a fraction of what he was capable of unleashing.

6. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    OOC: Congrats:) Jar-Jar Binks..your Jedi character made me laugh a few times!

IC: Darth Alva

Alva kneeled before The Dawn Herald and lowered his head. His teeth gnashed as Sky was pronounced victor, hate filled his entire being at the thought of his lose. Yet, he honored the decision of the Master Jedi and members of the Triumvirate. It took everything he had not to bite off his tongue as he turned his head towards Sky.

"Well played..Jedi.."

Now Alva would face the wrath of his master, The Night Herald, for his failure.

OOC: I really enjoyed this guys!!!

Tags Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent Ananta Chetan Jar-Jar Binks

7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I do believe it seems Colcha desperately seeks the Potentate to go full power, perhaps unwittingly. Passing off the head of faction like that, ooo…I don't believe that was wise. :p Seeing as I assume we are connecting to our shared universe characters judging by we've all acted thus far, then this will be interesting.

Trysos Juhne IC:

A casual absorption and re-application of the Force Lightning was the seemingly lazy response from Kev-Mas. That was within the realm of expectation at this point. A quiet nod was all he gave.

Now the man ceased his quaking technique and began to leisurely stroll toward Grievance, provoking him into combat with him. The Kaleesh hopped down from the wall and readied himself eagerly in the style he much preferred. A mistake, if an honorable one, at this juncture. It would appear they had forgotten they had both come at his calling. Trysos watched Colcha carefully.

Yes. This one had decided he knew enough about him and had passed the Potentate off as no threat. Now he approached the Sith, ready to kill. His gaze briefly swiveled to Sharaz, whom he set down a safe distance away again as the two fighters tested each other for a moment.

Judging by their previous volley of exchanges, Kev-Mas had considerable knowledge into insightful abilities and honed them into razor sharp sensory tactics to give him an extreme edge in combat. It was the only explanation and a good one. So the likelihood of surprise was out the window, it was best to assume that. How then would one go about circumventing such an ability? Those whose eyes keep to the future in combat often get overconfident in its use, and with good reason, but there was a simple fact regarding it. One that, even if known, was hard to execute. Truly mastering such battle precognition was advantageous to the highest levels and he could not fault that for him.

The way to overpower it was easy. Just because the mind can perceive what is to come does not mean the body, enhanced or not, can react in time or one's strength is able to resist incoming power. Again. Capitalizing on that knowledge was another matter entirely however. And the firrerreo's green eyes watched him keenly, a firm edge around them. A flash of yellow coming and going within. Yes. Those who had such great power became overconfident.

Kev-Mas Colcha had finally made his mistake.

We come bringing our own perceptions to combat. This time, he believes me using my full strength when I was merely testing them. I did not wish to get serious, but perhaps it is needed after all. I've learned enough about both of them.

In his mind, he could only apologize to the kaleesh. What he was about to do would upset him he knew, but he needed the cyborg to live if possible. Same with Kev-Mas. So just a taste would be necessary.

His Shatterpoint technique was activated and from the second immediately after Grievance defended against Kev-Mas and followed up with his own, Trysos waited for that moment right before the Grey one began a second assault….

Within the span of a second, where he once was not, suddenly he just was. Right in between them, his lightsaber up and right in the way of Colcha's attack. Blocking for Grievance. A subtle wall of the Force protected his back from any mid-motion attacks from the kaleesh like a shield. (Superior Force Jump coupled with intense Force Speed and Telekinesis for added velocity while originally in a Levitated position. Moderate Telekinesis as his back shield, just enough to rebuff Grievance)

Without a word, he swung up in a swift diagonal strike, curving to Kev-Mas' right shoulder. But it was no ordinary strike, the single blow felt rattling and powerful. He would feel as if he had just blocked ten consecutive blows almost instantaneously.(Ten X Strike) That should be sufficient to put him off balance just enough. Once again he used Telekinesis as an immediate followup, but this time there was no warning. No hand raising, no twitch of the legs. Only his hard stare. When one suffused with the Force enough in their lives, they learned the Force was throughout all of them. It was life energy after all. As such, it could be repulsed outward from his entire being should he wish it. He did so and thrust it all forward.

For this one instant, he allowed his whole being to pour in. The TK blow like a rush of solid hurricane winds that ripped up the ground beneath Kev-Mas and just hurled it all away toward the far wall, where they impacted deep into the wall's surface. He'd keep it up as long as necessary, but it shouldn't be needed long. Within a couple seconds, he should suddenly find himself imbedded within that wall.

The man would foresee this all right before he appeared, he was certain of it. Rarely before he had dealt with one who could see so clearly. Perhaps never to this degree. But now it was time to make a point of his own. One did not make Potentate of the Shado Varmiri on a fanciful, half-hearted lark.

<I am your opponent. And I'm just getting started. No more tests.> he telepathically sent to the man. (Telepathy)

"My apologies, Grievance, but my advice is to retreat for another day. If we are to meet again or if you wish to fight this other individual again, I'd much prefer you do so at full power. Next time, no one will hold back…I know you were too to some degree."

And so has this Colcha.

Tag: Kev-Mas_Colcha Kaleesh-Cyborg

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

It had seemed as if the one known as Trysos had indeed saw that Kev-Mas was talented in the art of Battle Precognition, and had stepped up his game to compensate with a Shatterpoint. Unfortunately for him, however, Battle Precognition was only a small portion of what Kev-Mas his ability to see into the future and read his opponents’ moves. Regardless, it seemed that Kev-Mas had underestimated the "jack of all trades, master of none". He too would have to utilize his power to its full potential to win this fight, and this pleased him to no end.

Kev-Mas Colcha was a being of Echani heritage, who like so many Echani before him mastered the martial arts of his heritage. With this mastery, he had another way of detecting his opponent’s moves: from their very emotions. With the Force enhancing his empathic senses, this sense was second nature to him, almost like a sixth sense. He didn’t just know what his opponent was doing because he could predict the future. He knew what his opponent was doing because he could literally read their mind. As such, when the Varmiri so rudely interrupted his duel with the Sith, Kev-Mas could tell what he was thinking. Even while he made attempts to hide his next course of action in his body language, Kev-Mas could read him simply by the aura he gave off.

Kev-Mas could sense in this aura that he was about to strike with an unrelenting force powerful enough to inflict a devastating wound as a mere warning shot. As such, at the very moment Tyrsos swung towards Kev-Mas’ shoulder he dashed off out of the way and again he wrapped himself with the concealing shadows of the Force. Concealing himself from sight, and sense of the Force once more.

It was only for a moment however, as the Potentate would soon discover Kev-Mas leaping from the air behind him in a full-on attack, as if he appeared out of thin air.

OOC:
    Powers used:

Force Sense + Echani Martial Arts – Mind reading
    Force Speed – Dashing away
    Force Cloak + Art of the Small (Art of the Small being already active) – Hide in plain sight
    Force Jump – Airborne attack

---

So sorry to make you waste a Shatterpoint like that but, “your thoughts betray you” and all that jazz.

Kaleesh-Cyborg and Darth_Elu like this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: *smiles* Did I say it was used? Merely activated. Warming up as it were. He figured out Kev-Mas' precog through logical observation. :p Not feeling too well all of a sudden tonight, but I have enough in me for one more single post tonight. lol

Trysos Juhne IC:

Apparently Kev-Mas was even quicker than Trysos expected, for him to move so quickly out of the way. Then he'd have to be quicker. Very well.

There came that devastatingly effective stealth technique of his, though he hadn't quite placed which one it was yet. Or was it a combination to achieve its desired effect? Ah well, reflection would aid in that endeavor later. And this time, it was only used for a second as he came careening in from an airborne attack. He didn't need to feel his presence to know he was there, indeed his proximity and the sudden shadow on the ground was enough to tell him. That and his hearing heard his movement through the wind. A blessing of Force Hearing, a sensory technique considered basic to the Varmiri. He stood his ground unflinchingly.

The moment he was in close, he radiated the one other ability he had shown off earlier with the redirected lightning. Force Stasis. Not quite the field as from before as he was focused on a singular target, but just as potent. Either the grey force-wielder would have foreseen the danger right before and somehow shifted in mid air, or he was now in grave danger being immobilized in the air.

Should he be frozen for the moment, the Potentate would simply turn to face him calmly before gazing his Shatterpoint with intent of using it now upon the man. (Shatterpoint now used) A weak spot, a true opening in his armor. That's what he would locate. And then he would attempt to just give that spot a slight graze with his lightsaber. That was it, no more. No less. Just a small cut, then he'd back up and see what he did from there. If anything.

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

It had seemed like the Varmiri possessed even more tricks up his sleeve than Kev-Mas had anticipated, and he was able to detect his presence nearby while cloaked. This meant that he would have to fight him without use of stealth, he thought, as a sneak attack would not be capable. Unless, he resorted to different means to hide himself. The ante had been upped after all, and perhaps it was time for Kev-Mas to reveal some of the tricks he had lying in wait.

His danger sense blared out, but only slightly, indicating a danger of a trivial manner, easy to resist. Force stasis was wonderful if used on beings who were weak-willed enough to be susceptible to say… a Jedi Mind Trick or even untrained Force sensitives, but on an individual with a strong will like a highly-trained Force user, particularly one as exceptionally strong-willed as Kev-Mas and used to resisting the control of others whether it be by mental manipulation or by Force, the ability was mere child’s play to resist. Even if Trysos was exceptionally skilled in the ability, it would only cause Kev-Mas to delay momentarily at most while he resisted the attack. Perhaps it would give him enough time to formulate a better defense against his attack, but his attack would still go through.

Regardless, the ability had no effect, and Kev-Mas continued with his attack on Trysos. The Potentate would have to use his blade to defend himself, as his attempt to stun Kev-Mas was no match for his strong will.

OOC:

Force Powers used:

None, unless you consider being exceptionally strong willed a “force power”.

I look forward to the Shatterpoint then, and as I mentioned in the post, there's a trick Kev-Mas has up his sleeves that he's yet to reveal that is quite... manipulative.

This duel actually reminds me of a Dragon Ball Z episode, coincidentally.

Also, 1138 likes! So I got the "Other THX Award"

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Still showing no fear as he faces a yet unscathed opponent, every fiber of Grievance's being is ready for this. He knows Kev-Mas is out to kill, but this is nothing new to him. Sparring for sparring's sake has been a rare engagement since his departure from Kalee and he doesn't expect those types of duels to come very often. Needless to say, he thoroughly expects his and Kev-Mas' weapons to meet with the all the force of two locomotives colliding, given the strength behind both of them; Kev-Mas' based in muscle and the Force, Grievance's mechanical, but not much stronger than he would be if he were still fully Kaleesh.

What he does not anticipate is for Trysos to intercept the blow. As Kev-Mas lowers his strike, Grievance raises his weapons to block it and in that moment, the Varmiri is between them. With cybernetic enhancements to his reflexes, Trysos' rear guard isn't entirely necessary. The cyborg is able to halt his counterattack as soon as he sights the original challenger standing in his way. Though Sith he may be, he has a sound moral compass and will not allow a blow to descend on someone it is not intended for. Even if this is a three-way duel, he is not one to take victims of opportunity.

As Trysos advises him to retreat, Grievance almost appears offended and, honestly, he probably is. After all, retreat and surrender are two things that do not come easy for the Kaleesh race. They are born to fight, which is why they fight amongst themselves over tribal territories when they aren't under attack by anyone else. The idea of retreat right now is appalling to him at best. He would rather die. Even his father, General Grievous, who was notorious for tactical retreat, had to be trained to do so by Count Dooku. It just wasn't in him and neither is it in his son. He almost dodges around the one standing in his way when Trysos gives him something else to think about.

"If we are to meet again or if you wish to fight this other individual again, I'd much prefer you do so at full power. Next time, no one will hold back…I know you were too to some degree."

The truth in this statement is what strikes Grievance as remarkable about this warrior. Rather than underestimate him as so many opponents often do, Trysos has recognized that the cyborg is not a weak or inexperienced individual. He had been holding back, feeling out his foes in order to calculate his own attack methods. He was just about ready to unleash his full assault when Kev-Mas had personally challenged him, but that has been interrupted. Still, to take the advice of retreat is an idea that burns him. Badly.

"What point are you trying to make, loquacious one?" he asks, still unwilling to relinquish his position despite the Force exchange going on that is creating massive ringing in his head, "I did not come here expecting to retreat in the heat of battle. I came here to emerge victorious or die."

This is where his qualities as a Sith are surfacing. Everything is black and white. Absolutes. One or the other. Conquer or die. There is no in between. If nothing else in him gels with the ideology of the Sith, this is one thing that does. Trysos may have a problem on his hands if he wishes for Grievance to stand down. Fortunately, he is not the only one who would rather see the cyborg live to fight another day.

"Master, where are you?" An electronic voice issues from his comlink. Grievance growls softly, recognizing the commonplace nagging of his medical droid. "Are you in another fight? My scanners are picking up damage you've taken. Do I really have to do repairs on you
    again? That makes for the third time this week--"

"Not now, A4-D," he grumbles, his gaze fixed on Trysos. He emits a growling sigh of aggravation as the droid resumes his lecture.

"It's not going to kill you to retreat before you need repairs, you know. He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day. Why can't you keep yourself out of trouble? I have better things to do than to fix severed limbs and punctured lungs and--"

Extremely agitated now, Grievance kills the transmission, in no mood to be lectured by the smart-aleck droid who will give him an even greater lecture when he learns of the cyborg's severed arm and damaged spine. He knows both Trysos and A4-D have a point though. It would be risky to continue fighting in his current condition. Giving one more growl just to make it clear that he is unhappy with all of this, he finally backs away.

"You are a strange one, Trysos of the Shado Varmiri," he says quietly, inclining his head to the warrior out of respect, "I do not fully understand your mercy, but you have earned my respect. I shall oblige you and save this battle for another day."

Trysos has earned the respect of the Kaleesh, but certainly not his trust. This is made evident by the way in which Grievance dismisses himself from the fight, backing away into the shadows cast by the high walls of the pit, his eyes never leaving either of the two warriors. He doesn't go far though. He is in no mood to face his medic just yet. He will linger a while and watch the duel continue between Trysos and Kev-Mas.

Darth_Elu and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Ok, after wrestling with Writer's Block again and then working on high priority tasks, I finally turn back to here. Hm…In the matter of Stasis, it would then become a battle of wills and whom is stronger at that moment mentally. But seeing as this is the Rancor Pit and thus a subjective arena, there's no way to compare so we can just say they tied and can call it a failure on Trysos' part anyway as written. lol

Trysos Juhne IC:

Trysos found himself surprised again, something that was occurring far more often than he'd like. A few were enjoyable, but too many meant you were at a disadvantage. There was beginning to be too many in his opinion. Stasis didn't work and as such, Kev-Mas flung through with his blades at the ready regardless.

The Potentate had to quickly spin around and backstep to properly ward off the attack and it was a near thing, causing him to grimace for a moment. Had he expected the man to resist, he would have been more prepared, but he allowed himself to become too confident.

It's time to expect anything from this one otherwise I'll just drive myself into a corner again.

As for Grievance, he was too focused to muster an appropriate reply, but as the cyborg backs away into the shadows, he finally manages a small nod in the direction to acknowledge the kaleesh's parting words. It didn't surprise him in the least that he was found to be 'strange.' But he had garnered respect from the Sith, his objectives had been completed in that regard then. That was all that mattered.

His blade was back up in defensive stance once again. Best to let Colcha remain on the offensive for now, his own attacks when on the initiative seemed useless, perhaps switching tracks would help. Either way, they both had more to show. He was certain of it. Whether to show all of it was another matter.

13. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    *stomach rumbles high in the rafters of Pit.*

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

Kev-Mas noticed as Trysos grimaced momentarily, and felt surprise coming from the man. Kev-Mas smiled in return, but he did not allow himself to get overconfident, as the man nearly caught him off guard as well, and if it weren’t for his strong will he’d currently be frozen in place. A strong will, that would become considerably weaker if he allowed himself to underestimate his opponent.

Drawing upon the Force to bring himself even more strength, he swung ferociously at his opponent with his right-handed saber pike, keeping his left-handed pike at the ready for defense. As the golden blade of the left-handed pike stood at the ready to defend himself, the crimson blade of the right-handed pike came down hard upon his opponent with Force enhanced strength.

The strength behind Kev-Mas’ attack was indeed immense, and had enough Force to batter an unprepared defender to the ground. Kev-Mas however did know that this would not be the case with his opponent, and he was right to choose to go on the defensive. It remained to be seen just how strong that defense was, but Kev-Mas wasn’t taking any chances.

“Your abilities are quite impressive,” Kev-Mas complimented, “It seems like I wasn’t wasting my time coming here after all.”

OOC:

Force Powers used:

Force Valor – Enhanced strength

15. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Though excluded from the fight now, Grievance is actively observing from his place along the wall of the pit, steeping in his annoyance at having been advised to walk away. He already regrets it. He has never retreated in his life! But he has also never faced an opponent such as these two he watches now. Trysos' audacity had proven to be a surprise to him, but he had seen the man take damage as well. The other, Kev-Mas, is extraordinarily frustrating though. Neither Grievance nor Trysos have managed to do much of anything to him. And yet he had been so close to testing the real warrior behind all that Force power when Trysos had interfered.

The thought causes his aggravation to burn toward both of them; Kev-Mas for his apparent invincibility and Trysos for stopping a moment the cyborg had been hanging in there for specifically. Is it a matter of pride? Honestly, yes, to a degree. The fact that Grievance has never retreated from a fight is something that leaves the Kaleesh warrior nauseated. It was a "technique" Count Dooku had used and the Sith lord had eventually trained and influenced General Grievous, Grievance's father, to utilize it as well.

Destroyed from the inside out and gaining the reputation of a coward among the Jedi, he thinks with much barely concealed rage. He has been standing with one clawed hand resting on the wall of the pit and as his thoughts weave their course through his stormy sea of thoughts, that clawed hand begins to dig deep scores into the rough stone. His self-appointed purpose in life since he had been transformed into a technological terror replicating the cyborg general has been to do everything in his power to restore honor to his dead father's name. Right now, he is wrestling with the idea that he has allowed his purpose to become marred and tainted by this single act of retreat.

An odd sound from up above breaks his train of thought and his yellow eyes trail up the wall to where Ravenous still maintains his post, waiting for death to visit one of the warriors in the pit. He growls inwardly as he brings his gaze back to the fight. As much as Ravenous is hungry for an actual meal, the cyborg is starving for a real fight. Both warriors in the scuffle before him are certainly formidable and it would not necessarily be a dishonor to die at the hands of either of them. To be slain by a padawan or an apprentice would be the lowest of low, but this? There is nothing wrong to be said in a fight to his own demise between Trysos and Kev-Mas.

On that thought, the Kaleesh cyborg pushes himself away from the wall and circles along the wall of the pit, not to re-enter the fight, but to continue his observation from a distance at a different angle. The level of the Force being used by both is enough to cause him to want to keep his distance and spare himself the annoyance, but after searching his heart, he has found that he cannot let this battle end with his retreat. He continues circle, not bothering to be discreet about it either. If the warriors notice him on the move, all the better. He is no assassin and he prefers that his foes know he is coming in situations like this. Blitzing is not his intent today.

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne IC:

The red blade of Kev-Mas' right pike came down earth-shattering hard upon the bronze lightsaber of Trysos. Having already exchanged enough with the man to know that he was going to amplify and use every means to strike him down, he had already used Force Strength and Force Valor himself to prepare physically. His body shook from the blow tremendously, but he held without giving up an inch of ground. If Colcha wanted to strike hardened blow after hardened blow, he could answer in kind. But pure strength wasn't always the answer.

He noted the other pike being kept ready for defensive purposes and thus noted the man's true Jar Kai training coming to the fore.

"Your abilities are quite impressive. It seems like I wasn't wasting my time coming here after all."
    "As are yours," he admitted evenly, "I find myself curious where you trained to achieve such strength and skill."

Grievance, while having exited the duel, had not left the arena and now began to stalk around the perimeter. Watching and assessing. Not a bad idea, so he couldn't blame him. Yet, he had to remind himself that the kaleesh cyborg was a Sith. As such, he'd have to keep aware of his presence just incase he wanted to strike an opportunistic blow. Grievance seemed more honorable than that, but it paid to play cautiously.

As he pushed away Kev-Mas' first strike, strength against strength, he made a diagonal strike to his right shoulder knowing full well it would be defended against with relative easy. Sometimes simple back and forth of blades also gleaned further information about an opponent. He had learned enough already, but more information never hurt. It would be good to find the rhythm the man naturally fell into while he thought of a way around the man's eerie ability to predict his enemies' attacks.

So far that theory had not been disproved after all.

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

"As are yours, I find myself curious where you trained to achieve such strength and skill."

Kev-Mas’ danger sense blared out as his opponent made his reply, warning him of a coming strike towards his shoulder.

“Many places have given me exceptional training,” said Kev-Mas with a smile as he used his golden bladed saber pike to push away Trysos’ strike to his shoulder before he even got to mid swing, holding it in a saber lock and pushing his arm away from his body, “the best of which was the order I represent today.”

Kev-Mas then swung his crimson bladed pike down hard at his opponent with enhanced strength, all while trying to keep the Potentate’s lightsaber out of the way, in an attempt to disable his defenses.

Meanwhile the Kaleesh lurked nearby and Kev-Mas did notice him. However, he chose to ignore him, trusting in the Force to warn and protect him if he decided to intervene.

OOC:

Force Powers used:

Battle Precognition + Echani Martial Arts – Warning of Trysos’ strike towards his shoulder.
    Force Valor – Enhanced strength for both saber pikes. It should be noted that this is beyond the Force Valor applied to enable him to even dual wield the pikes in the first place, however.

18. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance continues his predatory circling several yards beyond the zone of combat, assessing the battle from every possible angle laterally and exhibiting no concern over either warrior being aware of his dark presence. Let them know he is there; let them know he is no coward; let them know that the skill they have displayed has given the Kaleesh warrior adequate reason to stay; let them know that it is to both his honor and his pleasure to hold a place in this fight.

Trysos is right to make the presumption that Grievance's self-imposed honor code as a warrior will not allow him to adhere to the tactics more akin to an assassin. Though Sith he may be, having pledged his service to the Dark Side, he is Kaleesh first and foremost. Though the Sith have a reputation for being underhanded, sneaky, and deceptive, there are certain standards the cyborg will not lower, particularly when fighting. Though he had specialized in blitz attacks and the art of choreographing an ambush in his pre-cyborg, pre-Sith days, Grievance typically reserves these strategies for taking on larger groups of enemies. That being said, neither Trysos nor Kev-Mas have to worry too much about the cyborg attempting an attack of blind opportunity.

He watches Kev-Mas deliver a bone-shattering blow on Trysos, almost flinching as their weapons connect with enough force that he instinctively knows the latter will be feeling that for a while after impact. His ability to hold his ground is most impressive though. He hasn't backed down in spite of the devastating blows Kev-Mas consistently delivers. Such a shame the undecided one has not felt convicted to choose a side between the two he straddles. One or the other would be honored to have him within their ranks.

As his attention turns more intently to Kev-Mas, he still feels compelled to lock minds with this one as much as he has a desire to lock blades. He is curious as to how this one is able to navigate through life with such a foggy belief system. As one who personally pursues clarity, defined purpose, and logic, he wants to challenge Kev-Mas' convictions as much as he does his skill and this plays a key factor in his decision to not relinquish his position in this fight

Though anxious to get back into the action, he remains steadily circling, waiting for an opening in which he can engage them both once more. This alone will be a challenge as he may end up drawing fire from both of them, really putting his skill to the test and with the damage he has sustained, the risk is high, but it is a risk worth taking. Observing these capable warriors, he knows it with every fiber of his being.

19. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Draconis
    The Pit

Suddenly appearing out of no where in the center of the pit. No one initially aware of his arrival at first. Looks around, with a hand on chin.

Pulls out tape measure and begins measuring random items through the Pit. Stretching the tape across the length and height of the pit at various locations. With the tip of a pencil in his mouth... pondering.

Taps foot.

Gets out survey tripod and sights in several elevations.

Writes down several measurements and detailed notes on pad of paper.

@No-one... for now...

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne IC:

“Many places have given me exceptional training. The best of which was the order I represent today.”

The strike Trysos gave was blocked, as expected. His golden blade was in excellent position to do so as Kev-Mas was well trained in the Jar Kai arts. Grievance continued to circle meanwhile, had things been more leisurely, the Potentate would have chuckled good naturedly at the classic display of honorable warrior who just can't stay out of the thick of things. Pity the cyborg was a Sith. He'd make a good Varmiri.

"A concept I know well myself," he replied as a saber lock was engaged in. A disabling tactic as the free weapon came down with a mighty swing. To let that land would be most devastating.

The crimson aura basked his helm as it came down, down, down...

Swiftly, Trysos switched off his weapon. The trakata technique as he reignited it suddenly past the golden pike of Colcha's, an enhanced kick plus the outward and fast stab of his weapon meant to force him back while in awkward mid-motion. A rebuff of Telekinesis was also used to push back against the offensive aimed red-blade as he moved, just incase as defense.

"You have stated you are sitting between the Light and Dark, but not named the Order you represent yet. May I have the honor of hearing its name?"

21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

Kev-Mas’ danger senses again alerted him to his opponent’s moves. The Tràkata feint, then the kick and stab that would follow, as well as the push against on his crimson saber. When his opponent first de-ignited his saber, Kev-Mas simply smiled, and adapted to the situation. Kev-Mas had seen this technique used before. Several times in fact, in training simulations against his good friend Victus who used the technique frequently. He had also seen it enough times to devise a perfect defense against it.

When the weight of the saber lock let go of his golden saber pike in his left hand, rather than get caught off balance he simply followed through. Twirling the pike into position so that the blade would intercept both his opponent’s weapon hand and foot at the very moment they would start coming towards him, he combined his Echani Martial Arts-enhanced Battle Precognition with the ever-graceful Flowing Water Cut. Having also predicted the Telekinesis used to push against his crimson pike, he merely switched it to defense, pushing back with his own Telekinesis the very moment he felt his opponent’s mind push against it.

While all of this happened, Kev-Mas continued to amplify his strength with the Force, especially in his right hand as a defense against his opponent’s telekinetic attack.

Having to expend most of his concentration for this technique, his reply to his opponent’s inquiry was kept very brief. “I represent the Grey Jedi.”

OOC:

Force Powers/techniques used:

Battle Precognition + Echani Martial Arts + Flowing Water Cut – Defense against the Tràkata feint.
    Force Valor – Enhanced Strength
    Force Push – Pushing against Trysos’ Force Push

22. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    It is becoming increasingly difficult for the Kaleesh warrior to refrain from reinserting himself into this duel. He is eager to engage both of these warriors again, but he is careful not to let his passion for battle cloud the part of his mind that thrives on strategy. He cannot afford to be a reek in a china shop. With two highly advanced Force-users, caution is simply a necessity for one in his position as the long shot in the fight.

As he paces with purpose along the perimeter, one may be inclined to view him as a very enthusiastic spectator who just can't stay still. He doesn't give any outward appearance that he intends to get back into this fight. His weapons are sheathed and stationary, attached to his hips; his hands clasped idly behind his back. No one lacking a deeper sense of the situation would ever guess that the ever-calculating, ever-analyzing cyborg is up to something.

As Trysos and Kev-Mas come out of their lock, it is then that Grievance arms himself, counting down in his head as to when to make his move. Three...two...one...now or never. He springs forward with all the agility his cybernetic body affords him despite missing a limb and the damage to his metal spine, touching down precisely in the space created by the two warriors breaking free of their lock. The collision of two Force-pushes also clears an adequate space for him to land, though he does feel the tail-end of the kinetic energy burst, almost threatening to put his landing off balance. Remarkably, though his head is ringing from all the energy being manipulated around him, he is able to maintain a steely focus; a testament to how much value he now sees in this battle.

Maneuvering to avoid being hit by the strikes the two warriors intend for each other, he raises both of his blades in a defensive manner, having Trysos on one side and Kev-Mas on the other. He has put himself in a vulnerable position sandwiched between the two and he knows it, but he is also confident in his own hard-earned skill to avoid taking any more damage.

"Greetings, gentlemen," he states calmly, "Mind if I cut in? I believe I may have a bit more left in me to give you two my part of what you came for, courtesy of the Sith Empire."

He is not stating this in arrogance. He has never once been ignorant of how high the stakes are set in opposition of him and he knows it is ultimately because of his refusal to take advantage of his own Force capabilities, but therein lies the challenge. If he can hold his own against warriors without restraint of what powers they use, he will be that much more confident of his dominance over any stinking Jedi unfortunate enough to cross him. As for his words right now, they are not out of arrogance; he is merely asserting himself as one who is more than willing to give it all he's got in a fight.

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne IC:

Within moments, Trysos found himself locking blades with Grievance again. Not Kev-Mas. The 'Grey Jedi' had begun a swift counter to his use of trakata, an instinctual one that belied his continual show of skill. It was hard to say whether or not he would have made his own defense in time to prevent a loss of a hand, if not worse. But in a sense, the kaleesh's entrance saved him unwittingly.

"Welcome back it would seem," he replied.

Sliding around the cyborg's right side, he aimed a horizontal chop at him before swinging the blade around after that to strike at Kev-Mas' hips next, so they each had something from him to deal with. He knew better than to ask the Sith to leave a second time, if he thought he could handle it, then very well.

Tag: Kaleesh-Cyborg Kev-Mas_Colcha

24. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Ravenous
    Rafters of the Pit.

The back and forth was beginning to tire the Sith Spawn. He pulled 3 thermal detonators from his utility pouches and dropped them, unarmed into the Pit to possibly spice things up... If they would choose to use them. Cooked meat makes Ravenous ill but the satisfaction of the possible gore-show would whet his dark side appetite for now.

Tag: Darth_Elu Kaleesh-Cyborg Kev-Mas_Colcha

QueenSabe7 and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

Kev-Mas rudely interrupted yet again, this time by the Kaleesh cyborg. His danger sense blared out, notifying him that, regardless of Grievance re-entering the fray, Trysos wasn’t done with him yet.

Kev-Mas knocked aside the strike to his hips with his crimson saber, but did not parry. No, because he had a better idea.

Again, his senses warned him of incoming danger, but this time coming from an unseen foe.

3 thermal detonators, and the perfect thing for Kev-Mas to turn into an attack of his own. Catching the detonators with the Force, he backflipped out of the way, hurling them at Trysos and Grievance. All while doing so, he focused his mind on the combustible mechanisms of the detonators, and called upon the destructive energies of the Force to enhance their explosion. With just one inactive detonator Kev-Mas was capable of eliminating an entire squad of stormtroopers. He could only grin at the thought of what he could do with three active ones…

“Thanks for that,” he said looking up with a smile, “whoever you are…”

Tag: Kaleesh-Cyborg; WookieeRage; Darth_Elu;
    OOC:

Force Powers used:

Battle Precognition + Echani Martial Arts – Warning of the cut to his hips and the incoming detonators.
    Telekinesis – Catching the detonators mid-air.
    Force Jump – Backflip to a safe distance.
    Force Destruction – Manipulation of the detonators.

Kaleesh-Cyborg and Darth_Elu like this.