main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Hmm...a self-righteous one this Jedi was. She could feel it within her.

A rictus spread across her scarred features -- a dreadfully distasteful sight if it were visible -- as she watched the Jedi ignite her shotos. Softly, quietly -- like a hunter -- but with the proud confidence of one who has fought many battles, Reiis began to circle her Jedi prey. She had yet to see how experienced her foe was, but something told her this girl was still in training. Too....naive.

"So, Jedi," her voice at once roughly mechanical and soft -- both human and artificial. "You come to fight me today, a proud member of your sect. Do tell me, Jedi Padawan....what draws you to the light, like a moth to a flame?" A dark chuckle emanated from the faceless face. "What have they told you?"

TAGS: @BookExogorth

2. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Edo looked at her opponent, wondering what could have happened that scarred her so, with such bitterness, and was startled by the part mechanical voice. Turning, and pacing with the darksider, she answered, "It was never anything they told me; they didn't ensnare me with thoughts of sabers and stars. I saw them, that they were truly working for others in the galaxy, not their own agenda or that of a republic, but the needs of a person."
    Remembering the day she met them, she smiled, and focused her attention on the darksider, "And what lured you to the dark side? Something about you, I see, isn't quite..." Edo left off without continuing, and was genuinely interested in what she would say.
    Tag: Anakin.Skywalker
    OOC: Let Reiss take the last sentence to mean anything you like.

Sarge and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  3. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

The Jedi began to pace with her, something she wasn't entirely used to. No matter, variety was always hoped for and welcome. At least the Jedi would be halfway interesting to kill. She paused her circling to face her opponent head-on, watching her closely as she spoke.

Hmph. Just like a Jedi to think that this "selflessness" was a viable goal. "You do realize," she said, as if she'd said it a billion times and had grown tired of explaining it, "that such is only....you know what...it's pointless to argue with Jedi." She rolled her eyes despite the fact that the minor offensive gesture would go unseen. Sometimes it was just the thought that count.

The Jedi drifted into thought for a moment, but Reiis didn't see the need to probe her mind. Not yet. They were just getting started, and Reiis doubted Edo was up to too much as of yet -- nothing she couldn't handle.

As for the questions the Jedi directed at her, Reiis didn't know if she should be offended, but part of her suspected the Jedi was being....polite? Politeness was overrated in Reiis's book, and she didn't exactly appreciate it in others. Still, it kept the Jedi safe from a fit of rage...

Reiis straightened, leveling her gaze at the Jedi. "You say 'lure' as if I was tricked into it. I was Jedi once myself, and I saw through their naiveté and lies. They were fools. The Sith, reckless as they may be, are a little more...savvy about some things." A mocking sneer returned to her face, and soured further as she answered the Jedi. "My injuries were incurred due to....failures..... They have only made me stronger." The sneer hardened even more. "What kills a Jedi only makes a Sith stronger." She shrugged, as if the statement she made next had no effect on her. "I am with them no longer."

TAG: BookExogorth

Ananta Chetan and BookExogorth like this.
  4. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    IC- Darth Valdimar
    The Sewers

Shaking his head in disbelief Darth Valdimar just chuckled and spoke as if to a child, “You cannot find honor and courage in the Force. Nor is it fair or courageous.” Advancing on his opponent he ignites his lightspear and thrusts it towards his foe. “The Force just is... You see it is the wielder that determines those things.”

Again the two parried and thrust, each looking for a moment when the other’s guard drops. “You will eventually face someone powerful in the Force. Who will use their mastery of it to put your skill with a blade to shame. Would you prefer to keep to your ways and die pathetically due to a false sense of honor?”

Deactivating the spear Valdimar shortened his grip and spun inward. Activating his spear once again he used his enhanced speed to make several short strikes in an attempt to overwhelm his opponent. “Or would you train and twist this so called ‘cowardly’ power to your will to fight on even terms? Learn to bend the Force to enhance your fighting techniques. No one said you had to use the Force from afar.”

Tired, the priest danced back from the warrior and continued, “You could let the power of the Force flow through you to nullify their cowardly ranged attacks. Enhance your speed to close the distance between yourself and the cowardly Force wielder. Bolster your strength to shatter their Force defenses. This is how you could use the Force honorably to reinforce your code and maintain your honor.” Holding the tip of the spear at chest level, he waited to see if his words had any effect.

Tag: @Kaleesh-Cyborg
    OoC: You now have my apologies for the extensive delay.

Kaleesh-Cyborg and dragonsith13 like this.
  5. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Draconis
    The Pit - nowhere

The darkness which at first seemed oppressive began to relent, giving way to a blurry light, the structure of an undisclosed area still indiscernible through the faint light starting to illuminate things. The laughter from before faded, softly replaced by the sound of a faint wind. This, place, The Pit had many chambers, avenues, prisons, and locations, Roark might already recognize it somehow, thought that feeling would slowly disappear.

As the light began to become more prominent, Roark would begin to make out the features of where he might be more and more. It seemed almost unnatural like a dream, but the features so very real. Spiral columns of rock, with wisps of sand blowing across rolling hills. What at first seemed like an enclosed room arena like room, was now expansive revealing a desert landscape. That sound of a whipping wind, screeching across the dunes and through rock formations, the heat of a mid day sun barring down, the dry familiar expanse before him of Tatooine.

@mostlymad

Kaleesh-Cyborg and Mostlymad like this.
  6. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Pit Beast
    The Pit - KoD Tournament

The two handed overhead gripped saber came down with a hammering force, perfectly aimed landing on the crown of the skull of the hulking beast. The blade quickly carving and searing into the tough hide of the beast as it made its way down towards its skull.

Leda would feel a forceful stop in momentum and jolt as if punching a dura-steel door with her bare knuckles and meeting an unexpected resistance. The beast roared as the lightsaber stopped as it met the beast thick skull briefly piercing but unable to fully pierce its thick skull.

One of the beasts massive arms and claws coming up over its head swatting at Leda.

The strike only seeming to have just pissed the beast off.

@QueenSabe7

7. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    As the darksider spoke, she nodded, her concern plain. Edo was quite intrigued by the other's words, and agreeably interjected, "Poor choice of words, then, but I don't lie."
    Jedi had lied before, she thought with a grimace. While they excused their actions, it destroyed the truth of a Jedi's calling, for lies and deception are dark in and of themselves.
    "They were fools...."
    As the apparently former sith finished talking, Edo mulled over the speech, glad she wasn't savvy in diseased ways, but sympathized, "Perhaps they made you stronger today, but I am sorry for the pain they gave you."
    She hoped that this darksider would understand the meanings of what she said, and though she knew that the un-sith would probably attack her soon, she wouldn't attack unless there was no other way. It was her responsibility, her undertaking, her calling.

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis blinked. Twice.

The Jedi was....sorry??? Reiis's head shifted back in wariness, her eyes narrowing to glare at the Jedi with increased suspicion and animosity. It was now time for some mind-reading. Reiis reached out with the Force to touch the mind of the miraluka. She found noble thoughts, happy thoughts, holier-than-thou thoughts, sad thoughts, sincerity.... But what caught her attention was that the Jedi didn't want to fight if she didn't have to.

Weird as kriff...

Reiis's head shifted back to a normal position, and she glared even harder at the Jedi. Defensive now, because the Jedi was proving harder and harder to predict, Reiis extinguished her saber, clipping it on her belt and folding her arms across her chest.

"What is you goal here, Jedi."

OOC: Please don't take anything that Reiis does or thinks personally. She's just that way. ;)

Ananta Chetan and BookExogorth like this.
  9. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Edo bristled a little at the mind probing, and said, "I told you I don't lie."
    Acutely sensing the surprise of the darksider, she thought about the oddity of the darksider's approach. Many would have rushed to fight an opponent about whom they knew nothing, but this one was more deliberate. She slowly enacted a mental block, just in case such a tactic would be utilized again.
    Even that, though unorthodox, didn't mean Edo thought that the darksider would extinguish the lightsaber, she noted with surprise. Hearing the firm inquiry, she answered, "I was to study and help this planet. We knew nothing of a potential threat here."
    OoC: Of course, it's just a duel.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  10. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis could feel the Jedi build a block around her mind...which would be fine for now, but potentially problematic in the future. Reiis threw up her own block in return. No sense in giving the Jedi any advantage if she could help it.

Help the planet? Potential threat? Who was she?....What was she?

More intrigued now than defensive, Reiis listened for more. Apparently, though, she wasn't getting any more, so she'd be asking questions of her own if she really wanted to learn. But "potential threat" needed to be addressed...

"Threat? The Sith?" she laughed. She had planned to say something like "We only attack those who seek to harm us" or "We're not the real threats." All possibilities died before they could be vocalized. So she left it at that, and tried to pretend that was all she had meant to say. A few awkward moments pass before she finally declared "There are greater enemies than the Sith on this planet."

BookExogorth likes this.
  11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    The Sewers

Disregarding the fact that he is being spoken to as though he is a youngling, Grievance honestly is trying to understand what Valdimar is telling him about the Force. He has already tentatively and inadvertently tested the power, but his lack of experience, familiarity, and comprehension of it makes his perspective extremely narrow. More focused on what the priest is telling him now than the actual duel, he is more or less operating on autopilot as he blocks and parries Valdimar's attacks and counters with strikes of his own. While it cannot be denied that Grievance is stubborn and heavily set in his ways, he is highly intelligent, teachable, and willing to listen to logical explanations.

"I have already faced many who were more powerful in the Force," he replies, pivoting on one foot to switch places with Valdimar as he takes a slashing swipe at his side, "Some battles I won; some I lost, but I walked away with my life. I do not wish to die by the Force. I would rather die to the blade of a proven warrior if given the choice."

This should be reason enough for Grievance to have some form of desire to utilize his gift, but it is not so simple. On the chance of being reckless, the cyborg likely will never pick up a weapon he does not know how to use and so it is with the Force. He does not know how to use it or properly control it, nor does he understand how it works. This forms some of the barrier he has put up against using the power.

As the priest delves further into the versatility of the Force in terms that are more favorable to Grievance's ironclad honor code, his hostility against the subject seems to diminish to a degree. He had never realized the Force could be used passively just to buffer the blows of an attacker like something of a shield. He is not ready to ask questions though. As long as the Tusken wants to talk, he will listen and absorb the information to ruminate on later. He has not forgotten that they are in a duel though--not by a long shot--as is made evident when he purposely cuts through a chain suspending the rickety platform, tipping the end that Valdimar stands on downward.

Tag: Mostlymad

12. Mostlymad

May 12, 2017
    IC - Roark
    The Pit - nowhere

Tatooine? mused the huge Tusken Raider as he absorbed the twin suns’ heat. But how? Gripping his gaderffii stick tightly the warrior crouched and spun slowly, gathering in his surroundings. Every fiber of his large framed screamed to him that something was wrong. Almost like a Krayt dragon is lurking just over a dune, ready to pounce on me.

Raising his weapon defensively he noticed that his black dyed desert garb had been replaced with the traditional brown garb of his people. The Tusken snarled, “Come out fiend! Let us end whatever sorcery you are about!”

Tag: dragonsith13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC - Darth Valdimar
    The Pit - Sewer

*voosh*
    The sound of Grievance’s lightsaber swiping near him wasn’t as scary as the metal scrapping and groaning the gangway made once the cyborg cut a support chain. Behind his mask the Tusken’s eyes went wide as it tilted downward, knocking him off balance and towards his opponent. The priest’s hand flashed out and snagged the dangling chain reactively and pushed off the rusty gangway swinging out to his opponent's left.

As he swung around Darth Valdimar reached out and up with his polearm, cutting into a water pipe above the gangway. Pressurized water sprayed out in an arc, straight down, providing concealment for both combatants. Lifting his feet, the priest backed away from spray of water as he patiently waited for his opponent to emerge.

Tag: Kaleesh-Cyborg

dragonsith13 and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  13. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Draconis
    The Pit

“Come out fiend! Let us end whatever sorcery you are about!” The strong words of the broad Tusken would fall on deaf ears. The echos of his words only passing over the hot dunes unanswered and wanting. The sound of the wind continuing to whip across the landscape, was the only response he would get. There were no doubts that the man given such circumstances was in no real danger from the elements at all. This was his home, his environment, he could survive in much harsher conditions if they arose. But with each passing moment, the feeling of emptiness would creep in. This place looked, smelt, and even felt like Tatooine with its dry searing environment. A desert such as this was not as void as many thought. The Tusken's adapting through millennia of existence, knowing its secrets, knowing that while it appearing devoid at times, it was as alive as any other environment. It all seemed too real, too prefect. To quiet... the normal undercurrents that Roark might have easily tapped into were not there, this place was truly dead. Sand, rock, sun, and wind... nothing more. A graveyard of dust... should he set out in any direction, he would find only empty dune after empty dune.

Mostlymad

Mostlymad likes this.
  14. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    The Sewers

As the platform tilts, Grievance anchors himself with his talons, having no real reason for concern as he is able to maintain his footing. He is admittedly impressed by the Tusken's quick reflexes, watching him grab the chain and swing around him, though he is irritated by the severed water pipe as the torrent that rushes freely from it is loud enough to dull his hearing and obscure his vision.

Shifting more to the defensive now thanks to the sudden environmental change, Grievance sets his two sabers to spinning on either side of him as a protective shield should the priest decide to try a surprise attack. One foot at a time, he releases his foothold and re-anchors, taking slow, cautious steps on the now angled platform, using caution not because of the dangerous tilt, but because he does not have a clear visual on his opponent.

Still spinning his weapons rapidly, he steps through the veil of falling water, untouched by it as the rapid rotation of his lightsabers scatters the water before it hits him, having a similar effect to an umbrella as he passes through. Sighting Darth Valdimar once again, he continues to advance slowly, relying on intimidation now that he has taken up this handling of his weapons that would seem to be a signature shared between him and his father. When he comes within striking range, he keeps the left saber spinning and makes a vicious thrust for Valdimar's torso with the right.

Mostlymad likes this.
  15. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Match 1
    corinthia (Alekto) vs. Mikaboshi (Darth Prazutis)
    Mikaboshi move: 7 of 7
    corinthia move : 6 of 7

Vahl called to him, she urged him to continue when lesser beings would have succumbed to pain and loss of blood. His wound, inflicted early by the Mirialan had become a significant hindrance, if not for the Dark Side he would be unable to move due to the intense pain.

Alekto clearly knew this, she was a clever one, always watchful and waiting for the right moment to strike. This time she was not inclined to wait, instead she created her own opportunity. Dagger held at the ready she lashed out through the Force, her anger became a fiery hot manifestation of energy which enveloped his injured leg. He screamed in agony as he stumbled, he was able to struggle through a few more agonizing steps before falling completely.

He hit the ground hard, his head striking the packed earth of the small path they fought upon. Fortunately he had the presence of mind to deactivate the lightsaber in his fall, after all it would be embarrassing to be decapitated by one's own blade. His vision became blurry, and he felt a terrible throbbing on the side of his head. Nausea washed over him as he tried to move quickly to assume a defensible position, additionally his body responded clumsily.

He was vulnerable, even with the Dark Side's aid it was over. All that was left was the promise of Vahl, destruction.

Tag: corinthia

Honorable Judges: Sinrebirth Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent dragonsith13 Darth Kronos E. L.Knight

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  16. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Match 1
    corinthia (Alekto) vs. Mikaboshi (Darth Prazutis)
    Mikaboshi move: 7 of 7
    corinthia move : 7 of 7

IC: Alekto

A terrible grin spread across Alekto's face as the Vahla man fell, effectively hobbled by her burning hand around his wounded ankle. He came crashing down and as he did, Alekto continued moving, and made motion to pin him to the ground with one knee on his chest, dagger held triumphantly overhead. The hand that was gathering heat still felt hot, and with a glance, Alekto saw that a flame had indeed manifested in her palm. With a smirk, and her chest heaving for breath from all the rapid exertion and from her brief strangulation, she closed her fingers around the small fire, smothering it.

"Thanks for playing," she chuckled with a strained voice, keeping her knee firmly on his chest. "I had fun."

Tag: Mikaboshi

Honorable Judges: Sinrebirth Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent dragonsith13 Darth Kronos E. L.Knight

Dagobahsystem and Mikaboshi like this.
  17. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    The darksider's words were confounding. Edo scoffed at her interjection, but on the inside she sensed something true about the words she continued with. This worried her, but she didn't want to show it.
    "What misdirection is this? A sith group that doesn't want Jedi dead?" Edo raised her hands, somewhat confused, but since she was curious, softened her tone. "Please, if that's true, would you expect me to believe it without proof?"
    She guessed she had been a bit too inquisitive, so she finished with, "And if you think there is anymore reason for me to be here, there isn't."
    Tag: @Anakin.Skywalker

18. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis couldn't help a grin, sensing the Jedi's confusion. "We destroy what is malignant to us." The grin increases, as Reiis leaves out a part of the truth, but answers the question to a degree. "But I cannot speak for the Sith, for I am no longer with them." Reiis knew full-well Sith would always destroy Jedi...even she wanted to kill the Jedi before her. But curiosity has prevented her from attacking thus far, and she wants to know more about this miraluka.

Reiis may not be Sith...but she was Dark-sider at the very least. Her curiosity gave way to anger..anger at Jedi in general and at the one before her that she didn't yet know.

Her hand reached to her belt, taking off her Darksaber.

Snapp..hisssss.

The inky blade extended slowly as Reiis stepped a few feet toward her opponent. "I have no love for the Jedi. You interest me, Jedi, but you are worthless to my purposes."

She leapt high, spinning into a landing as she struck down on the Jedi.

BookExogorth likes this.
  19. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    *As instructed by Lord Draconis (aka Pre-Approved)

Match 3, continued...

IC: Leda

Leda let loose a warrior’s cry as she descended, flying through the air with a look of wild fury painted across her face. Her yellow blade was a blur as she slammed into the crown of the beast’s massive skull, both arms shoving straight down and implanting the deadly weapon deep into its tough hide.

And with a teeth-chattering jolt it stopped suddenly, just less than halfway inserted.

Not pausing to allow frustration to cloud her focus, Leda pulled the lightsaber free and stabbed down again more powerfully, even as her body began to slide back towards the pit floor. The blade halted just the same as the first try.

Now she shrieked in exasperation and could not hold on any longer, falling away from the hulking frame and righting herself to land on her feet. However, Leda didn’t meet the ground as she intended. In a growl of rage and pain, the beast swung a bulky arm out towards her and she was once more swatted aside like a rag doll. She careened into the dirt-ridden floor, rolling several times before she called upon the Force to slow her momentum and get her back to a standing position.

“Kriffing ugly-***…. thing!” Leda shouted hoarsely, swiping aside tangled strands of near-silver hair. Breathing fast and clutching at her side which had taken the brunt of the attack, she scanned her foe from head to toe as it began to charge. There had to be a weak spot somewhere, the hide couldn’t be as thick on every inch of its body. Glaring as it lumbered somewhat clumsily towards her, picking up speed, the blonde saw it; a way in.

The ground shuttered beneath her feet while her foe closed in, snarling and trailing ropes of slobber, clearly hungry for her demise. Her head tilted back to watch giant closed fists rise above its head and immediately swing down with the obvious intent to smash her to smithereens. Leda dove an instant before they connected with the very spot her feet had just left and she launched herself between the gap in the beast’s legs. She rolled once out behind it and with a spin on her knees, her yellow blade hissed as she sliced horizontally at the beasts ankles, effectively severing the tendons at the back of each foot.

A thunderous howl of agony shook her to the bone as the beast collapsed to its knees, now no longer having the proper support to stand. Leda was already moving.

She dashed back around to face the thrashing creature in the face, dodging frantic swings and punches as it tried desperately to reach her. She was too quick of course, and angling herself just so she seized the first opening she was offered and leapt. Meeting the same height as its bulbous eyes, her blade stabbed forward once to pierce the left orb, a viscous white liquid exploding outward as the sensitive organ was punctured.

Dropping down in a crouch and trying to avoid the urge to gag at the sight of the sticky material she was now coated with, it was then that the beast ceased pursuing her briefly and clutched wildly at its injury. The sounds that it made in reaction to the grievous wound were unnatural to her ears and made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. Moving with it as it fell over onto its side, blood gushing from the gaping hole she had created, the warrior took advantage. In a similar attack, she destroyed the other eye next only this time goring deeper than before, aiming to reach its brain and end this disgusting mess of a fight.

“You… ruined... my favorite pair of boots!!” she cried while loosing her lightsaber a second time, even more gelatinous goo raining down upon her as she did so. Now she did retch, staggering backwards and away from the reeling beast. A hand swung limply out at her but crashed to the floor without much effort, followed by a gargling noise echoing out from its throat. And it stilled.

It was over, she could sense it. The beast was dead.

Leda crumpled to her knees beside her slain opponent, raising her bright eyes to gaze at her handiwork. Even though she was exhausted and annoyingly dirty, the young woman was certain that if this was a test, she had passed with flying colors.

TAG: dragonsith13

Mostlymad and Dagobahsystem like this.
  20. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Edo could sense the rising darkness in her opponent, and readied herself again, attempting to strengthen her weapon's effectiveness. She had trimmed it with what she thought was cortosis, but some shopkeepers were apt to deception.
    Most resigned, and sad, her countenance changed when the nature of the stranger's weapon was revealed, for it seemed to draw the dark side like a magnet draws metal.
    She stayed pensive and quiet, as she noted the attacker's apparent mastery of Ataru. Quickly igniting her guard shotos, she raised one in a block over her head, and spun one in a practiced clockwise pattern that was designed to cut through an attacker's hand or weapon. Though straining to block the powerful strike, Edo now asked, "What is your identity?"
    OoC: Sorry for the delay, this slipped my mind.

21. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis's saber arm didn't move as the shoto struck it. It was durasteel...completely durable for the time being. A metal leg threw a kick to the Jedi's torso as Reiis pushed off against the lock and swung her saber down to attack Edo's midsection. She put both hands on the saber this time. If the miraluka used both sabers on her, she wanted a durasteel right arm as a shield and her left, organic arm to wield the saber. Two hands on the weapon for now would give her the option later.

"My identity, Jedi?" Reiis chuckled. "My name is Reiis Invadator, exiled from the Sith Empire, Darksider to the core." Her voice darkened as she said the last words carefully, hatefully. "I was a Jedi once...they couldn't handle my power."

Okay, yeah, that was a bit of a stretch. They had actually tried to kill her when she turned to the Dark Side. "Handle" was an all-encompassing verb wasn't it? No lie told.....?

Didn't matter. Lying to Jedi was acceptable and advised.

OOC: Hey, no worries.

BookExogorth likes this.
  22. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    The Pit ~ KoD Tournament

All of the matches had concluded, the final tallies were being tabulated as all of the tournament participants still remained in the Pit. All of them reeling from their matches, having just in the first round been pushed to their limits. The modest crowd of several thousand waiting with high anticipation for the results, the light sound of whispers and conversation throughout the crowd speculating on who would advance and who would live.

Lord Draconis looked over the datapad in hand, as the tabulations from the Triumvirate and Ebon Knights began to display. At Draconis' side, the slender pale blue Chagrian and tournament director named Sato remained vigilant. Patiently awaiting direction from Draconis to continue with the end round proceedings. The results were in, as Draconis looked over at the Chagrian handing the datapad over at the same time. Sato accepting it with a bow and stepping back before turning and making his way towards and eventually out onto the balcony outcropping which protruded out into the Pit slightly high above its floor.

Wincing, fatigued, huffing, aggravated, roused, staggering, bleeding, broken, and mending all potentially accurate summaries of their conditions after a furious round of combat and dueling. The call to attention was brought upwards, centering on the balcony which Director Sato now stood. The restless crown quieted down, focusing on the Chagrian poised to address those assembled.

"Fighters!" The word echoed across the Pit... as the crowd began a sharp excited cheer, regaining its hushed silence as Sato began again. "The Triumvirate and Ebon Knights applaud your demonstration of skill, your commitment to the order, and your mettle and energy put forth in celebration and honor of your Emperor!" The crown cheering with the Emperor's named mentioned. Showing an exuberance for the event and its sponsor.

Sato looked down upon the group of them most of them bleeding and rough in appearance. Ryrr, Leda, Vexx, Prazutis, Alekto, Reiss, Nehru, Corvus, Thunderous, and Saadi.

Several of the gates around the perimeter of the arena opened, a line of armored dark guards marching at a quick pace out from each. Their brilliant dark armor drawing all attention.

[​IMG]

Four of them each flanking each tournament participant, standing at the ready with their pikes.

"My congratulations to the winners, and my prayers are with those who failed to advance."

In perfect timing with the finality of Sato's words the sound of whirling pikes and armor moving filled the Pit.

Nehru, Ryrr, Reiss, and Thunderous were all struck almost simultaneously by a pair of pikes each with shocking jolts of dark energy from them. Follow up kicks to the back of their legs began to bring them fully to their knees. Another forceful smack from a pike, bludgeoning them further as the second pair of guards for each roughly grabbed each of them. Yanking and drawing them back violently as they struggled. It was swift and brutal, as the four of them were dragged out of the arena to a fate unknown.

There was no further ceremony, no further announcements as the crowd cheered but also screamed in delighted horror at the sight of it all.

Shortly thereafter the arena had grown cold and silent as the gates had slammed shut again after having swallowed the unfortunate losers up.

The remaining combatants left with no real instructions as the crowd and VIPs retired leaving them alone.

~Intermission~

The Pit was eerily quiet, with the first round having concluded hours earlier. The sound of combatants fighting could always be heard echoing from somewhere in the massive ancient Colosseum and temple complex and it was no different this day. The fighters had a moment of respite as the first round had concluded, those that had been less fortunate that day dragged off into the deeper reaches of the Pit.

A message in the form of a blue holographic form of the tournament director Sato appeared in the recovery rooms of round winners. They would each be receiving the message simultaneously.

"My congratulations to you all again on behalf of Lord Draconis."

"You are afforded a period of rest, as you are expected to be at your best for the next round."

"Round Two Match pairings are being forwarded to your displays."

"Feel free to regain your strength as needed and prepare accordingly."

With that the hologram disappeared and each of their room's displays chimed the delivery of a new message.

Knights of Darkness Tournament

Round Two Pairings:

Match 1

Adirondackjedi27

Dagobahsystem (first move)

Match 2

QueenSabe7

Mikaboshi (first move)

Match 3

corinthia

Kaleesh-Cyborg (first move)

All Tournament Rules are still in effect:

Each duel will consist of 7 rounds, a round consisting of a move by each participant. A best of seven format.

Each round will result in a point awarded to one of the two participants. At the end of the 7 rounds, the round points will be tabulated with the participant with the most points being declared the victor.

Point totals will not be revealed until completion of all 7 rounds, with the victor moving onto the next level of the tournament.
    Rounds will be judged by the High Lords and Triumvirate.

Tournament Rules:
    A level playing field in regard to participant powers is observed. Meaning ALL participants will be evenly matched regardless of prestige and rank.

A player may use which ever fighting styles they wish. Force powers will be standard in power, but not necessarily limited to “standard” we want participants to feel free to express and drive their creativity.

No GOD moding. It should be said that your performance is as much about presentation as it is your skill in fighting. You have freedom in what you are allowed to do, however IF you so feel the desire to present yourself as the next incarnation of Marka Ragnos or Darth Vader – it will only serve to hurt your judging… and you are being judged on everything.

Seeds are completely random, and will be redone after all matches are resolved and the victors move onto the next level of the tournament.

All participants will show proper respect and decorum OOC: toward all participant in the tournament.

Round results are final. If you have any questions PM any of the High Lords.

Format for each match, each player is expect to do the following with each post for record keeping and tracking.

Preface your post with the following:
    Match Fighter 1 vs Fighter 2:
    Move 1 of 7: (this should correspond to the move you are currently at, remember each Fighter gets 7 moves.)

[Player post]

TAG:

Your tag should include the following:
    Tag your opponent in the match.
    Tag ALL of the Ebon Knights and the Triumvirate!!!!

Example:
    dragonsith13 vs Darth_Kronos
    Move 3 of 7
    IC: Draconis
    Draconis moves and jumps and slashes…

TAG: Darth_Kronos @Darth_wanerguard Sinrebirth @E.L. Knight etc…

OOC: The next round will begin this Friday 7/30 all of you will receive TAGs accordingly.

All participants are to look to the KoD thread for continued announcements.

Excellent job everyone thus far.

23. Mostlymad

May 12, 2017
    IC: Darth Valdimar
    The Sewers

Hot steam rises from the dual spinning sabers of his opponent as he emerges from the tumultuous downpour of water and the sight is breathtaking to say the least. How does that not hurt? the priest wonders as he sets his unignited gaderffii stick to a defensive posture. The spinning blades were mesmerizing.

So much so that when one stopped and was viciously thrust at his torso Valdimar wasn't ready for the speed or veracity of the attack. Too slow in his two-handed parry to push the blade up and over his shoulder using the middle of his weapon the Tusken screamed in agony as the cyborg’s saber cut into the flesh of his right shoulder. A few inches to the left and that blow could have slit his throat.

Anger, fear, rage, and adrenaline all coursed through the priest focusing his mind. Quickly accessing his opponent's posture he notices an opening. The cyborg’s strike had put both blades to Valdimar’s right leaving Grievance’s right side exposed. With a guttural cry he stepped to his left as he pushed his left hand up and into the Sith warrior’s extended arm in an attempt to keep him from retracting it. Using the contact as a fulcrum the priest swung the bottom of his weapon in towards his opponent’s legs. Igniting the lightsaber end once the weapon was perpendicular with the walkway beneath them it was his hope that he’d cut into Grievance Vexx’s leg at best. At worst he’d cut into the support beneath him.

Kaleesh-Cyborg

-———————

IC: Roark
    The Pit - Nowhere

The wind whipped around him as bits of sand moved from around where his feet had disturbed their rest. The dune sea was always in subtle motion and the landscape was never exactly the same no matter how many times you moved through an area. A phenomenon that might confuse or frustrate someone not used to desert life amongst the sand.

The Tusken Raider had been alone in the desert before, long ago. Per Tusken tradition each boy coming of age must go out and hunt a Krayt dragon before he could be accepted as a man and warrior of the tribe. It had taken him weeks to track down his Krayt so surviving the desert was not anything new. However, something was off about this desert. No subtle life seemed to exist. All the small things a resident normal notices were absent which made Roark’s skin crawl.

Spinning around slowly the warrior took in his surroundings but nothing stuck out immediately so he picked the highest dune and climbed upon it. Sitting upon the dune’s peak, he took a moment to meditate and gather thoughts before deciding on what course of action he should take.

dragonsith13

-———————

OOC: Apologies to you both for the extended delay.

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    The Kaleesh cyborg chuckles sinisterly as his blade finds the flesh of Valdimar's shoulder, stirring a cry of pain from the Sith priest. This fight has certainly been kept interesting between styles, setting, and pretty equal exchanges of damage. He is about to go for a second attempt on dealing damage when Valdimar catches his arm in an awkward way that stalls his drawback to initiate a second thrust.

At the same time, the priest has targeted Grievance's legs and the warrior growls in defiant anger. He does not appreciate it when opponents try to dismember his cybernetic body. He has already lost his legs once in a fight; he is not about to let it happen again. He releases one of his sabers and makes a grab for the Tusken's face, hoping to catch him off guard and throw him face-first into the platform beneath them, but at that moment, the lightsaber end of Valdimar's weapon zings across Grievance's extended leg. It doesn't sever it, but it certainly leaves an impressive melted gash in the solid durasteel.

"Very clever, priest," he seethes, trying not to show that he is capable of feeling pain in his cybernetics, including this most recent gash to his leg, "I must admit you have impressed me with your originality in battle."

Mostlymad likes this.
  25. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    The Pit ~ Nowhere

Roark's senses were finely tuned as a warrior, and even more alert within his home environment. Searching through his meditation for perhaps understanding and certainly direction not in a linear path per say but that of feeling and binding to what was transpiring. This familiar but empty place. The wind continued its soft relentless breeze over dune after dune. The slight spray of sand from time to time felt hit Roark upon one of the highest dunes in the immediate area. A clear vantage point to much of the horizon surrounding him, yet nothing. Not the low groan of a traveling Bantha herd miles away, not the shifting sound of scales against sand, nor the tremors of a dune worm beneath the sands. Nothing.

Then a faint wisp of something on the breeze, the smell of food and a village. The aroma of a tribe, livestock, and the smell of smoke from cooking fires. Yet there was nothing there...

The faint laughter of children... across a far dune. Almost calling to Roark. Bidding him to search it out.

Mostlymad

Mostlymad likes this.