main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Erm, Robyn is no Master, she's not even a Jedi right now! [face_laugh]

BultarSwan likes this.
  2. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

o_O ....*checks my RP character* Dammit, the poor thing is still conked out. Please take care of "Michael" for me. [face_laugh]

.....Cologne? Don't test me. I'm warning you. :p

EDIT: lol...Ok padawan. [face_laugh]

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Try again, my friend.

Robyn is a Sith Apprentice. Dun dun dun. :D

panta1978 and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  4. Michael_Davis

Aug 27, 2011
    *queue disturbing music*

I never noticed. Dun dun dun!!!!!!!!! :p

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *uses opera glasses to watch rancor*

It keeps things interesting. ;)

Michael_Davis likes this.
  6. Michael_Davis

Aug 27, 2011
    It certainly does. :p

...Oh, do please pay some attention to "puppy". I think I've diverted your sithlings enough as it is. Distraction could be fatal. :p

7. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    I didn't either :D I also thought she was a Jedi Master. Ah, the good old days when you had to put your status in your signature...

8. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    I thought you said "dung dung dung". It would have been appropriate....

Back in action. With the opponent still struggling with the metal structure, Darth Soccmel ignited his lightsaber once again, took a force jump, and tried to charge the beast. Unfortunately, the young Sith hesitated too much before acting, and in the moment he was to reach it the Rancor set itself loose.

Soccmel freaked out, and blamed his stupidity. He could have easily brought down the beast had he not given it the time to get rid of the platform. And not only was the Rancor free again, but it also appeared extremely angry and as aggressive as ever.

This time Soccmel decided to put his Sith pride on the shelf. He knows it goes against the teachings of his Masters, but running away seemed to be the only option available.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    =D=

I asked to be entertained, and you've done an excellent job. Thank you, panta1978

Darth Dreadwar and panta1978 like this.
  10. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    Your satisfaction is my best prize, Master. *bows*

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

11. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Egh, if you call it entertaining to land in rancor poop... :p

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    He did it with style. ;)

Padawan4687 likes this.
  13. Michael_Davis

Aug 27, 2011
    [face_laugh]..................Glorious! =D=

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    We Sith like to keep it classy. [face_peace]

Darth Dreadwar and Padawan4687 like this.
  15. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    ....whatever you say, Lady Bell. [face_laugh]

This rancor seems to give the others quite a lot of trouble even with my distraction! I never thought I'd value my time playing TFU so much... [face_mischief]

16. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    After a week-long hiatus, Darth Kronos is back, this time to help Soccmel. Prepare for words on a screen.

IC: Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos snapped out of his trance. He was still standing right where he was originally at, somehow not extremely injured. He wondered how he looked to the other Sith and Jedi while he was just standing there.

Must have been weird.

Kronos immediately swung his head in all directions to see what was going on. The Rancor seemed to really have it in for Soccmel. Wherever he went, the beast would follow. He heaved a sigh, and ran to the action.

Soccmel just continued to run, surprisingly outrunning the Rancor. He saw that his lightsaber was on the ground, next to him. Kronos used the Force to make it fly to his hand. Now: he just needed to figure out a plan. He knew that Soccmel couldn't turn around and fight back, just like that, especially not in his own. Thinking, he could only think of one thing to do:

"Hey! You! Bloody beast!"

It worked! But, maybe Kronos shouldn't congratulate himself too much. The Rancor does basically have a fist for a brain. It stomped to Kronos, shaking the entire area so much that Kronos stumbled a bit.

In the corner of Kronos' eye, he noticed that Soccmel was breathing heavily and panting. He hoped that he would come and join the fight with him. Even with all of the power Kronos had gained with the Sith Trials and training, he knew he couldn't take this beast on by himself. He could distract it, sure, maybe injure it, but Kronos thought that would be highly unlikely. Kronos pointed his lightsaber at the beast.

There was no blade.

Kronos pushed the button. Only sparks came out of its emitter. He continued to press the button, almost to the point of bashing it. Still, only sparks shot out. It must have been damaged when he was in the trance.

Damn!

Kronos threw his lightsaber handle to the side, sprinting away from the Rancor immediately after doing so. It only encouraged the animal to chase him. As with every step the Rancor would take, the ground shook, as if there was an Earthquake happening. The ground shook so much, that Kronos tripped and fell.

Now, the Rancor was standing right above Darth Kronos. Using the only methods of defense he had left, Kronos resorted to Force attacks. A push first; not effective. Then, he just resorted to increasing the power every time he used this move. There was no movement from the Rancor. It bent over to eat Kronos, but luckily, he rolled out of the way just in time. Seemingly, this made the Rancor very upset. It then began to use its razor sharp claws, attempting to stab Kronos with them. The Rancor thrust its arm to Kronos, and, again, Kronos thrust himself out of the way. The claws were so sharp, that they went through the concrete-like ground. The Rancor picked up a ball of the ground, throwing it behind him, almost knocking Soccmel's head off. Kronos hoped to find an opening in between the Rancor's arms and claws, but, alas, he could not. Again, the Rancor attempted another stab at Kronos, and, again, it missed. But, this time, the index finger claw scratched his thigh.

Kronos screamed in pain. He didn't see any way out of this situation, on his own. His only hope was with Soccmel, another Sith. He hoped Soccmel would return the favor.

Somehow smartening up, the Rancor then tried to grab Kronos. The only way of escaping a bloody injury was to roll out of the way, but even Kronos knew this wouldn't last long. Even if death wasn't a consequence, injury was. Even severe injury. He needed a way out.

If only he had his lightsaber.

What to do?, Kronos thought. Force Lightning! Kronos then used that power against the Rancor. The blue light of the Force power lit up the scene. It struck against the beast. Ineffective, unfortunately. The Rancor had taken its opportunity right then. It seized Kronos, as its claws cut off his helmet. Thinking quickly, Kronos noticed that the Rancor had an open palm. He jumped up, running across the hand. It did seem to be longer than it looks.

He made it, jumping as soon as he reached the end of the hand. The Rancor was slow. It only noticed him jumping at this moment. It raised him arm to make a lethal slash. Kronos was still in the air. The Rancor brought down its massive arm down toward Darth Kronos. The claws had swung down, slicing through... Kronos' back.

It had grazed him, but the cut was still deep. His body fell to the ground, blood around him.

Kronos made small, subtle amounts of movement, hoping to not have the Rancor notice. It wouldn't matter anyway. The Rancor still had Kronos as his target. It was nearing Kronos with every shattering step. Kronos spit out blood, and it spattered onto the ground. With this, Kronos' vision became blurry. There seemed to be three Rancors now, all of them hungry and stupid enough to only aim for him as a meal.

Kronos' vision only became more blurry. His back hurt like hell.

The Rancor only neared him even more.

A big rock smashed against the Rancor's head.

Then, Darth Kronos blacked out.

TAG: panta1978 Lady Belligerent

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  18. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    :eek: Force, this thing is brutal...! Erm, but may I ask where that rock that struck the rancor came from? :p

19. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

Speculate. :p

20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I put it there. [face_mischief]

21. Michael_Davis

Aug 27, 2011
    Did she? DID SHE? Dun dun duuuuuun!!!!!!! [face_laugh]

BultarSwan likes this.
  22. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
  23. Michael_Davis

Aug 27, 2011
    As well as dark plots, are next to godliness. Or so a sith master once told me. :p

24. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Sith Apprentice (Happy now? :p) Robyn Shaire

From her spot on the arena floor, Robyn could see the rancor had abandoned her platform to hang. Judging from the tremors in the ground, the beast was on the move... targeting one of the apprentices again? She shut her eyes, and realized just how correct she was. A bright red aura was flying across the ground, just radiating fear. She shook her head in mild irritation, wondering if he really had any idea how to fight it... Use your lightsaber, for Force's sake! Robyn switched back to natural sight, and took off in a run toward the battleground, and got there in time to see sparks flying from Darth Kronos's lightsaber hilt as it lay on the ground. Sparks, but no blade... His lightsaber must have broken! That explains a lot... A blast of pain felt through the Force, stole Robyn's attention away from the weapon and back to its now severely wounded owner.

She had to do something...! But, Manticore just loved to say that dying in battle only proved your own weakness... He made it sound like no life was worth saving in a fight, and Robyn just couldn't back that sort of philosophy!

"Hey, big guy!" she shouted, propelling herself forward and activating her own violet lightsaber, "Lunch is over here!" She swung intending to slice off a claw or two, and lead the rancor away from Kronos. Instead, her blade connected with the beast's snout! It was in the middle of a recoil, after getting hit over the head with... something big, a boulder?

The ground positively shook from the rancor's pained roar, and now it fixed its enraged eyes on her. I didn't want to get myself involved...! I ought to demand payment for this little rescue! "Just try and catch me!" she shouted instead, leaping away from Kronos, in a way that would force the beast to turn around if it was going to give chase. She could have easily taken it down there, but the risk of harming the fallen Sith further was too great with the rancor this close.

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    =D= I'm enjoying this so much.