main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: Okay, why have I never received TAGS for this thread? :eek: Oh, and Kronos you smart-alek, maybe she grew wings indeed!

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    A tag is an invitation to participate, I'd say. ;)

Mikaboshi likes this.
  3. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016

:p

4. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: Are you saying I'm not invited? :p Master, I am hurt! I see my name all over the page too, maybe my invite got lost in the mail?

5. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

It was me.

I sent it to your neighbors.

6. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: You'd better watch it, Kronos. My laser eyes can be a little tough to aim... [face_mischief]

:p

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  7. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

I'll send your laser eyes to your neighbors.

8. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I wish you the best of luck getting said eyes out of my skull. :p

9. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

I'll use them on your neighbors.

10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    What if I don't HAVE neighbors?! :p

11. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    IC- Darth Arach

The Acklay stabbed down at Arach, hoping to impale her. She dogged to the side and used the split second that the leg was caught in the ground to Force leap on top of the leg, then catapult herself on the beast's back.

She aimed her lightsaber downwards and was about to stab it at the base of its neck, when it realized she was up there. It roared and started bucking, trying to dislodge the assassin before she could land her strike.

Arach was knocked off- balance at the sudden and violent movements of the Acklay beneath her. She fell, but caught an indent that marked the edge of bone before she could completely fall off with one hand. She was looking downward when she caught herself so she saw her lightsaber fall to the arena floor below her.

Nice, she thought, sarcastically.

She turned her gaze upward and grabbed the vibroblade on her belt. She was about to cut the Acklay's side, but hesitated. Instead, she managed to plant her feet on the side of the beast and, with the help of the Force, jumped back onto the Acklay's back.

Without hesitating, she ran carefully up the Acklay's neck and onto its head. She, then, proceeded to take over its mind, but more gently than with the Rancor. She cajoled and eventually succeeded in convincing it to give its mind and physical self to her.

Satisfied, Arach carefully made her way back onto the Ackalay's back and turned it to attack its hatch mates. It willingly and quite eagerly obeyed her and charged the nearest one.

She grinned. This was fun.

Tags: Darth Kronos, Lady Belligerent, Mikaboshi, Padawan4687, greyjedi125, and anyone else.

OOC: Sorry, it took me so long. RL got busy. :p

12. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

Then you have foiled my evil plans.

For now.

13. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You were tagged. :p Also, a friendly MandoMod posted if the Jedi to let you guys know that all are invited.

Edit: bravo Moonspun Dragon for adding another creature to your menagerie. =D=

IC: Bellorum

Through the haze of dust, and the din the crowd, she walked over to where Lord Cruor stood watching.
    "It's good to see our Masters and Apprentices getting a work out," she said as she stood near the silent Lord, "I'm pleased to see the Jedi entering the playground as well. My granny always told me to keep my friends close, and my enemies closer."

Tag: Mikaboshi Darth Kronos @ the community :)

14. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Darth Cruor

"It's good to see our Masters and Apprentices getting a work out," Dark Lady Bellorum said as she stood near the silent Lord, "I'm pleased to see the Jedi entering the playground as well. My granny always told me to keep my friends close, and my enemies closer."
    Her words caused a memory to stir in the Gen'Dai's ancient brain, a memory of his own grammy. Such a twisted old crone she was, always had a cross word for a stranger and never smiled.....not even once. "My grammy told me to kill my enemies, and my friends." The giant Sith's head turned slightly to look at the Dark Lady, the smile was hidden from view by his voluminous hood. "Shall we begin?" He inquired.

Darth Cruor looked out into the pit, most of those present were Sith but scattered about were a few Jedi as well, a Mandalorian or two could even bee seen lurking about if he peered into the shadows hard enough. Excellent. It was long past time the Sith and Jedi interacted again, and yes, even the Mandalorians and their smelly armor ( [face_sick] )were welcome.

The Sith Lord tightened the grip on his staff, with a smile of anticipation he lifted it slightly and slammed it onto the rough ground of the pit. All those present could hear a sharp clap, as if a cod had slapped a young upstart Dark Lord, after which the light in the pit began to diminish. A deep fog-like shadow began to creep forth from the Gen'Dai, slowly at first but spreading faster as time passed. It was not long before the only illumination in the pit came from the few lightsabers drawn by the bystanders, the glow it shed was mostly red but mingled with tints of green and blue as well. The fog had grown to hip height, and with the glow of the lightsabers set an ominous tone.

For many moments all was quiet, as if the world waited for what was to come. It was not to wait long. At first a light scratching could be heard, so soft was it that the hum of a lightsaber almost drown it out. It grew though, the scratching seemingly came from everywhere all at once.

Without warning a creature shot forth from the fog, it stood on the southern most part of the pit. It was clearly a Wookie, and a massive one at that. Upon reaching full height it became clear however that this was no normal Wookie, it had been dead for weeks. Most likely a past combatant left to rot, or to feed the creatures who battled for sport in this very ring. It's mouth sagged showing vicious teeth and multiple wounds covered it's body, the worst of which was a deep slash to the midsection that left some of it's innards falling from the body cavity.

[​IMG]

Before it even set it's milky white eyes on a target another object burst forth from the fog, this one a man. No ordinary man however, this was once a Mandalorian. One eye protruded from his skull, most likely the result of a vicious blow to the head. His armor and weaponry seemed in tact however, even now he was reaching his hand out towards a Sith (Darth Kronos), from a wrist mounted flame thrower erupted a stream of flame that sought to fry the newly promoted Master Sith.

[​IMG]

Slowly from the fog that covered the ground behind him more armored beings rose, these however were different. They wore the armor of the Empire, Stormtroopers it seemed. One was missing an arm, and most likely had a snapped neck based on the way his helmeted head hung to the side. Others were missing parts of their armor, or showed clear marks of blaster fire, a few still had blasters in hand. Those that did carry weapons started to fire randomly towards any gathered combatants, they cared not if their targets were Jedi or Sith.

[​IMG]

If that was not enough, one last beast arose from the dark fog. It stood with a bellow of rage, the massive creature laid it's eyes directly upon a nearby Ackley being ridden by an enterprising young Sith.....Darth Arach was in for a fight. Her newly found mount would be hard pressed to ever defeat a Rancor, much less one risen from the dead, but possibly with it's new Master's aid it could survive the day.
    [​IMG]

In an instant all hell had broken loose, literally, the dead were walking and they seemed very upset at being awoken from their slumber. Blaster fire and flame flashed through the dark and fog, causing a sort of strobe effect that made it hard to focus, and the roar of the Wookie was all but drown out by the Rancor.

In all this Darth Cruor stood silently, watching as the creatures rose up to test all those who were brave (or crazy) enough to stay in the Pit. If only he had a lounge chair and a beer, then he could properly enjoy the show that was about to unfold.

Darth_wanderguard Bardan_Jusik Moonspun Dragon BultarSwan Padawan4687 greyjedi125 Anedon Halle Dray ConservativeJedi321 Ananta Chetan

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    The Young Jedi stood aghast at the awful creatures that were before him, most of his hesitance to kill evaporated when he witnessed that the enemy was already dead, but he was still horrified. Such sorcery was abominable in his opinion. "The dead should be left to rest" he muttered to nobody in particular. Soon the arena had been lit ablaze by lightsabers, Green, Blue, Red, and a few unique colors too. Regardless of his horror, and reluctance to take innocent lives, he knew it would be a mercy to put these creatures out of their misery. His own hands grasped his lightsaber, it was standard issue, he hadn't created a personal blade yet, but it was no less lethal. The Green light came to life and he fell into the force. "Well, I suppose 'this is where the fun begins'" he said hoping to lighten his own mood, but it came out half heartedly. Swiftly he leapt of of the stands, slicing two storm troopers in half; one tried to grab his ankle from where it landed on the floor but he brought his blade around for a reverse thrust stabbing it through the skull. The action was already getting heated, he barely turned around as the Mandalorian punched him in the gut with a surprisingly painful strike, he crumpled to the floor but using the force regained enough strength to role to his side away from the attacker. Grunting he yelled. "Any help here would be Hot!!' Not particularly caring who came to help. He turned ready for the fight of his life.

Tags: @Darth_wanderguard @Bardan_Jusik @Moonspun Dragon @BultarSwan @Padawan4687 @greyjedi125 @Anedon @Halle Dray @Ananta Chetan

16. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    OOoooooooohhhhhhh!!!!! [face_devil]=D=[face_dancing]

Darth Cruor sure knows how to throw a party! [face_skull]

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, and the party can't start until the zombies show up. [face_pumpkin]

This also seemed like a good way to get Jedi and Sith to cooperate.

18. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
  19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    OOC: Its basically what it says on the tin.:p
    A rancor pit were people go to kill creatures (Both live and undead) too practice their skills.
    It can be rather brutal.[face_tee_hee]

20. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    IC- Darth Arach

Her Acklay quickly neared the closest enemy, then skidded to a stop and started acting nervous. Something was wrong.

Arach, concerned, placed her hand on the Acklay's neck to calm her. "What's wrong?" she asked, softly.

She was answered a second later by the wisps of fog, enshrouding her and the Acklay. Moments later, the tearing sound of the ground filled the arena and terrifying roars rebound against the walls. And the stench of rotting flesh and of corpses filled her nostrils. She closed her eyes as a vague memory suddenly came into sharp focus.

Her parents' deaths.

She remembered the Infected's hungry growls as the tore the flesh of their still breathing victim's. She remembered their smell their bodies smelled dead, though they were still alive. She remembered everything. Even how to kill them.

Arach opened her eyes and saw an army of the undead surrounding the gathered combatants. Okay. It shouldn't take too long.

She was just about to advance on the Stormtroopers when there was another rumble, a much stronger stench, and a much loader roar.

Oh, no.

A zombie Rancor.

Oh, good. Even better, it was coming from right behind her.

She slowly turned and faced the huge abomination.

This was going to be a lot of work.

Tags: Lady Belligerent, Mikaboshi, Darth Kronos, Darth_wanderguard, Bardan_Jusik, Halle Dray, ConservativeJedi321, greyjedi125, and anyone else.

21. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Sooooooo you can just.....

*subtly nudges Jedi over cliff into pit...watches as he screams on way down landing in front of ravenous zombie rancor...*

*Whistles and continues on business.... observing...*

*Spots Mikaboshi, with a beverage and pulls up a seat.... cracks one open ....*

CHEERS!

I do suppose I'll have to start formatting my posts a bit more....

22. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    OOC: This is the best line ever:
    The Sith Lord tightened the grip on his staff, with a smile of anticipation he lifted it slightly and slammed it onto the rough ground of the pit. All those present could hear a sharp clap, as if a cod had slapped a young upstart Dark Lord, after which the light in the pit began to diminish.

[face_rofl] =D=

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I couldn't think of a better way to describe the sound.

Sent from Parts Unknown

24. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    IC: Lady Kwea Acantha

Kwea had been lounging in the stands, fiddling with her lightsaber when she heard a loud clap from below. Looking into the pit, she saw Darth Cruor had made the noise with his staff and that in command, the light started to fade. Watching as an odd fog started to creep forth from Darth Cruor, Kwea squeezed her lightsaber tightly in her right hand. Suddenly, an undead Wookie charged forth from the fog making her gasp. More undead started coming forth. A Mando who shot at Darth Kronos, a group of maimed stormtroopers, and lastly, a fearsome Rancor who seemed interested in Darth Aarch. Nimbly jumping down the stands, Kwea decided to pick a creature. Sweeping her gaze over the arena, she let it rest on the Wookie. It looked up from the Jedi it was mangling and met her eyes. Roaring, it tossed its toy aside and started to walk towards her. Kwea began to walk toward it as well, igniting her lightsaber as she went. Once they came somewhat close, they started to circle each other.

"I'm going to give you a bath today, Wookie. A blood bath," Kwea sneered at it.
    Roaring, it reached out to swipe her but she dodged its blow and sliced upwards with her glowing blade, making a deep gash in its right forearm. Growling, it grabbed her around the waist and threw her a few feet away. She landed hard on her left arm and gasped from the pain. Kwea looked for her lightsaber but she couldn't see where it had rolled. The Wookie was coming closer so she slowly pulled herself off the ground and used the Force to sense her lightsaber. Calling it to her hand, she charged the Wookie and cut off its right arm for good. Bellowing, the Wookie tried to grab her but she twirled in close to him and made a deep slash at his abdomen which caused more guts to spill out. His hand swiped her briefly, leaving a deep gash on her back but she dove to the ground in time to escape worse damage. Getting up from the ground, wincing at the pain in her left arm that was spreading to her shoulder, Kwea looked at the Wookie and then at all the other Sith and Jedi fighting the undead and realized this was a fight of life or death.

Tags: Darth_wanderguard, Mikaboshi, Anedon Lady Belligerent

25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC: Dart Octavius

When the dead started to raise Darth Octavius couldn't belive what he saw: He saw a group of stormtropers walking towards the Jedi and Sith in the pit, despite begin killed before. He recalled an old text he once read in the Jedi Temple about a Sith Lord that had possesed this abilites but Octavius had never realy belived this was possible. Now he knew better. For a short moment he asked himself who in the rancor pit was responsible for the undead. One of the Sithlords watching them?

But then he concentraded on the fighting all around him. The Sith watched three of the stormtropes killing a young jedi padawan only for their victim to raise again and join their attack. He looked around him, most of the Sith and Jedi where fighting the undead whil watching each others backs, at least when they belonged to the same fraction. Then he saw Darth Kwea fighting against a wookie who was greater than Octavius ever imagined.

"When they'r dead they become even more violent than in life."

He muttered as he saw the wookie attacing his fellow student despite having his stomached slit and one arm cut off. He atcivated his own lightsaber and charged at the wookie. He beast was massive and looked like it was dead for weeks before being resurected. But the wookie was quick for a living corpes. The first claw hit came so quickly he couldn't jumped back. The claws slit his head and left three hurting lines in the aristocratic face. Octavius jumped back and gasped. The wookie had used his claws wich made sense since as a undead his honor mettered nothing for him any more. But more important: He had felt nothing in the force before the hit came.

"Cause he didn't thought about attacking me." Octavius raised his lightsaber and used his left hand to feel wich damage his face had taken. Thankfuly the hit wasn't deep. The wookie charged again but this time Octavius was prepared. He avoided the and slashed his sword at the wookies legs. He managed to cut them off and the beast broke down on the ground. But when he looked around he saw more and more undead coming from all directions.

Tags: Darth_wanderguard,Lady Belligerent, Halle Dray and everyone else.