main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The Rave, A Marathon, and another meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Wet_Fett, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I have 2 ideas so stay with me

1. We rent out the Rave sometime during the week during summerbreak and have a Star Wars Marathon which will be another meeting.

or

2. We ask the manager to have a public star wars marathon and still have a meeting.

Personally I like the first. Jus gotta see how much it is. We could all pitch in.

2. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    It will be into the thousands to rent out a theater, now if we asked Rave to do it and we would pay to see the movies maybe they would do it.

3. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    hmm.... i don't know neccessarily about thousands to rent it out.... but it would cost quite a bit for them to buy all the films for projection... if they even could get them that is...

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I see the meeting becoming more of a reality than any of the above ideas concerning the Rave. Just my two cents.

5. Wet_Fett

Apr 24, 2002
    We wouldnt rent out the entire theater...just one room which would be much, concidering people have birthday parties there and such. I'm gonna look at www.ravemotionpictures.com for pricing.

6. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Hummm

I wouldn't get my hopes up

We would be better off just going to someone's house who has a Hif Def Tv

For 1, they couldn't charge us to see it without concent from Lucas LTD.

For 2, renting out a Theatre is too much trouble.

We could just meet at someone's house, chip in some money to order a pizza and there you go....

7. Wet_Fett

Apr 24, 2002
    But thats too ordinary...besides i have already heard rumors about there being marathons...and it wont be trouble at all...

Included in our special birthday package:
    Admission price and reserved seating in the auditorium
    A movie meal at the concession stand including popcorn, drink and candy
    Special party seating in either the lobby or a separate party room (in select theaters only)
    A personal RAVE attendant
    (Host/hostess to provide plates, plasticware, and cake or cupcakes if desired)

There is a 10 child minimum with NO maximum. For every 10 guests you will receive one additional guest for FREE. To ensure availability make reservations as soon as possible. For more information or to book a party contact a manager at your local RAVE MOTION PICTURES.

(we could have this modified to suit our needs)

Costs include theater rental, print licensing fee or film rental to supplier

Can we bring in an older movie?
    Yes, but 35millimeter prints of older films require a lot of lead time to obtain. They usually rent for between $250 and $350, plus $50-$75 in shipping fees. They are a great way to tailor your event, but can get expensive

Ask arround to see if there are people who would be willing to pay $10 for an all day event and we need to see how many people we have.

8. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    Yeah, that is just one step though. That is only renting the theatre.

Now you have to find all the movies on film....

good luck!

EDIT: I think there are around 12 to 15 of us.....

So 10 dollars a person would not make it.....

9. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    So, at 350 bucks a shot (assuming Lucasfilm is as expensive for this as they are for toys, etc.), we are looking at $1,750.00 plus the party fees. I don't think we can do that. (if we got 20 paying members to come it would be 90 bucks each)

If we want this to happen at all I think it would have to be in the form of talking a theater into hosting a marathon for the general public. If they could fill theaters to do it, maybe they would rent the films themselves. But think about it, if we have to pay theater prices for six films--that is still 45 dollars per person.

It sounds like a fun idea, but I don't know how feasible it is.

How much did the LOTR marathon cost?

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    The LotR one they had at the Rave was only $25 per person to see all 3 movies (and after 1st movie there was free pizza. Now that was cool)

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    You say only, but that is more than general admission. 7.5x3=22.50, so at that rate we would be paying more than 50 bucks for six movies! :eek:

12. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    But the LOTR thing was done by New Line. It wasn't just a thing that the rave did.

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Are you thinking of one continuous marathon? I think maybe a better plan would be two long nights--one with one trilogy and one with the other, so people wouldn't have to take time off work to do it.

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well after Wed and Thurs I am not going to be able to take any time off for a while. (Due to C3 dates too)

I've spent a goooood amount of hours away from work these pass couple months and can't take any extra time off now. *Crosses fingers in hopes of not getting sick*

15. Wet_Fett

Apr 24, 2002
    I have heard rumors about Fox doing a star wars marathon.

16. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    Well, I have heard nothing of LUcas FIlm doing that. I think we should keep things simple if we are to have a watching party. We aren't that big, and if we do this rave thing each of us would be out around 100 bucks each......

Keep it simple

Meet at someone's house, order some pizza.

and chill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.