Knox, TN *The Real* April FanForce meeting thread

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    The next meeting for the Knoxville FanForce chapter will be on Friday April 29th. We are planning to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, at Regal West Town Mall and we are going to the 7:20 showing.After the meeting we are also planning to go to either Chili's or Applebee's for some food and fun, so stay tuned for all the details.

As always, if anyone needs directions or has any questions, feel free to post here, PM, or email me.

Updated the times and location
  2. Darth Blasphemous Jedi Master

star 4
    This would be my first meeting. I really would like to get to know a few people beforehand. :)
  3. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    we are pretty much harmless, lol

-Angi
  4. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Speak for yourself Angi! [face_devil]

Seriously, if there is anything you want to know feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to fill you in on whatever I can.
  5. Darth Blasphemous Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyplace you guys hang other than here and monthly meetings?
  6. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hang out at home by myself, does that count? :D
  7. Darth Blasphemous Jedi Master

star 4
    Seeing as how I do pretty much the same, yep! ;)
  8. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    I knew that was the ACTUAL national past time!
  9. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    42, 42, 42!!!!

Nerd translation... I'll be there :) Meeting or not, I'll be at the movie!
  10. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well if being idle is a national past time, then I must be a professional player. I have probably received a couple of checks for it, but I am too lazy to check the mailbox. Slackers rule!

And to answer your question Darth, we do get together occasionally outside of meetings, but it isn't something we do regularly. To give an example, I was going to throw out an invitation and see if anyone wanted to catch Sin City with me over at the Carmike 10 tonight. I will be going to either the 7:00 or 9:45 showing, so if anyone is interested just get back to me and we'll meet up for some movie fun.
  11. Darth Blasphemous Jedi Master

star 4
    Just got word that West Town Mall might be doing a midnight showing of Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. They will definitely have it this weekend for sure.

Just some FYI. :D
  12. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it looks like we now have a location and some show times for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. First off, it is going to be at Regal West Town Mall, so I guess that we could eat eat at Applebee's, Chili's, or anywhere else pretty easily. Secondly, there are two times, 7:20 and 7:50, that we could watch it at. Now that the location is settled, I guess my next question would be which show would we rather go to?

My own feeling on it is that we normally meet at 7:00 so we should probably catch the earlier show, but I also know that not everyone makes it on time due to reasons that I totally understand. What I will do is leave this open until Wednesday afternoon. If no one objects then I will go ahead and set us up for the 7:20 show and get a mod to update the thread to reflect that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is speak now or forever hold your peace. :D
  13. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    hm... midnight showing... wouldn't have thought of that for hitchhiker. I might have to check that out.

As for the meeting, I think 7:20 is a good and safe time. Closest to the usual time meeting and I don't have a problem with it :) I'll be there!
  14. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Time's up, so the 7:20 show it is. I will get the information to a mod and update the thread, and I will see you guys there!
  15. Darth Blasphemous Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be taking in the midnight show. Where will you guys be meeting afterwards and around what time? I might have to work late on Friday and will most likely not make the 7:20 show.
  16. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hehe, so who's brining their towel? I'll be thoroughly embarasing everyone around me with mine :p And if you don't know what I'm talking about... bahahahahaha!
  17. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well restaurants tend to get slammed on Friday nights, but I'm gunning for either Chili's or Applebee's. We'll try to hit Chili's first, so going by the movie's running time (1 hour and 50 minutes) that should be around 9:20 or so. It could be earlier or later than that, but I wouldn't think that it would be more than 5 to 10 minutes either way.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, so I hope you can make it!
  18. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    .. and I have no clue as to what you are referring to with the towel thing, so I guess the joke is on me. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time that has happened. :)
  19. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    she had to explain it to me too... don't worry.
  20. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    You're all loosers! Nerd loosers! :p But I love ya'll anyway. And it gives me more chances to thoroughly embaras all of you :D
  21. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am comfortable with my loser nerdiness. I have seen the book, but never read it so... :p
  22. Master_Jedi_Scott Jedi Padawan

I dunno....seeing Rose there may lead me to the dark side! LOL

I'm looking foward to meeting all of you tomorrow night. 7:20 I got. How do we know who is who? Is there an initial meeting spot for us?
  23. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess a meeting spot would be a good idea. We will meet at the fountain right outside of the box office/concessions area by no later than 7:15. Sound good?
  24. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    You'll know me by my towel... I'll wave it around if I'm not the only one with a towel :p
  25. Master_Jedi_Scott Jedi Padawan

Now this is the theater at West Town Mall right? Can you tell I'm not from Knoxville! LOL And is the fountain right in front of the box office in the mall?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.