The REAL Legacy collection (thread for Legacy comic action figure discussion)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthGeist, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Hi guyz.

I looked back through a bunch of pages and didn't find anything like this, so I thought I'd create a thread devoted to Star Wars LEGACY action figures (based on the comic by Dark Horse for the unfamiliar).

This thread is devoted to all things LEGACY related. Wishlists, customs, etc.

I'll start things off with a wish list for a LEGACY themed comic pack wave (not counting our two announced comic packs from earlier this year) and then give you guys some background about me.

1. Darth Kryat with Darth Wrylock
    2. Wolf Sazen with Darth Nihl
    3. Shado Vao with Khrukk (sp?)
    4. Roan Fell with Nyna Calixte

Like many of you I'm an avid action figure collector as well as a rabid star wars fan. Every fan has their favorite aspect of the Star Wars mythos. I've been into Star Wars since about 1992 when I was old enough to actually sit through the trilogy. I've been hooked ever since and about two years ago, my "vice" became the fabulous Star Wars LEGACY comic series.
    Reading every issue for me is like watching A New Hope for the first time again.
  2. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    No one here digs Legacy?

How about:

A Mynock vehicle/playset?
    A Tie Predator vehicle?
    An Imperial Dropship?
    Or, the big one, a replica of a Palleon class Star Destroyer!

What about roleplaying:

A Bantha Rawk special!
    A doublebladed blue Shado Vao lightsaber!
    Duel Kryat Sabers!

And, especially cool, battle packs/deluxes:

Roan Fel vs. Darth Kruhl in the Imperial Gardens
    Kol Skywalker vs. Nihl on the Ossus landing pad
    Collecting the Bounty: Cade, Deliah and Syn

Any takers?
  3. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    I know i loved the comic 2-packs, even though i
    just bought a few. 2 figures at a great price and
    you get a comic. I liked the idea of getting sith
    legends (like the evolutions with Bane and Nihilus)

So if i see your figures in the stores, they look
    cool, good price, and throw in a comic of sith vs.
    jedi many years ago and I'll buy it.
  4. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Anything and everything from the Legacy Comics would be welcome. Really want the upcoming comic 2 pack, but the best for me would be a Fel/Marasiah 2 pack.
  5. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Maybe in a few years we can get an Evolution of the Fels pack:

Soontir, Jag and Roan!
  6. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Fixed! :p
  7. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    So we've all seen the "Entertainment Earth Mystery Pack" have we? I'm hoping against all hope that the figures are a Legacy box set of some kind, even if the shadows just turn out to be place holders. Take a look at that figure with the lightsaber...looks kind of like a Twilek don't it? Perhaps...

Shado Vao! I can dream...

But honestly, Legacy wishes aside, I think it might turn out to be a KOTOR box set...
  8. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    It's not much on the LEGACY action figure front, but this comes from the latest session of Hasbro Q&A's:

Sir Steve's Guide: The Hasbro Star Wars team has discussed in previous Q&As their favorites and personal wishlists from the movies. Any hints though as to what characters might be on the team members' various Expanded Universe wishlists?
    Hasbro: Sure! Our top favorites would include, in no particular order: Jaster Mereel, Nomi Sunrider, Darth Nihl, Deliah Blue, Jarael, Ysanne Isard, Winter Windmere, Valence the Hunter, Bastila Shan, Nom Anor, Guri, and Celeste Morne. To give you a little more info, it's likely 2-3 of these will be in the 2009 lineup, and likely that at least a couple of more will make 2010.

Could it be possible that we'll get a Nihl or a Blue in 09 or 2010?
  9. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    And we score one for the LEGACY fans! The Entertainment Earth exclusive is confirmed to be a Star Wars LEGACY figure pack consisting of fan-favoirts, the Joker Squadron! Set also includes our second LEGACY Sith action figure to make plastic, Darth Maleval!
  10. JonLaidlow Jedi Padawan

About halfway through this thread it jumps from somebody wishing for Legacy figures, to somebody implying there already are some... Is this true? Is there a page on rebelscum or other site with pics?
  11. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    You can see a pic of Joker Squadron here on Rebelscum.

Edit - note that I am having problems with Rebelscum using the AOL browser (basically IE7). I keep getting 'page not found' errors. It seems better (but a lot slower) in Firefox.
  12. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
  13. JonLaidlow Jedi Padawan

Fantastic - but DarthGeist suggests that this is "our second LEGACY Sith action figure". Who was the first? And have they done Cade yet?
  14. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Cade is on his way in a comic 2-pack. I believe the street date is in a week or so. Here is a pic of the set from SDCC:

Talon/Skywalker 2 pack
  15. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2

And the first Sith to see plastic will be Talon, in the Cade comic pack. I should have noted that they have not yet been released, but yeah, she was our first "confirmed" LEGACY sith :) .
  16. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, not the first to actually see plastic, since Maleval is already out there.
  17. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone got the Imperial Knight 2-pack yet?

Pretty impressive, glad they changed the lightsaber colours.
  18. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Supposedly, the street date for the Imperial Knights and Cade/Talon comic packs is around 9/20. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that retailers let slip a few. I saw the first of the "new" comic packs (Ventress and Skorr, Anakin and Durge) today, so it's entirely possible the LEGACY one's will pop up soon as well.
  19. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Well I only asked because I got Antares & Ganner on Wednesday. Must say close up they look impressive although I'm hesitant to open the packaging. But its a really great addition to the ol' collection.
  20. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow. Then consider me entirely jealous! Did you order it or find it in a store? It looks like it's time for me to do some bounty hunting :)
  21. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    I ordered it. I was kinda surprised how quickly it arrived.
  22. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    My turn to luck out! Not only did today mark the release of the newest issue of LEGACY, but I also scored the two comic packs (Cade-Talon, Draco-Krieg)!
  23. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    I can not wait for those two packs. To bad there isn't a Roan Fel and Marasiah pack to top out the Imperials........
  24. del Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am really excited about these. I wish they would announce more of the Sith, because I have custom fodder here to make a few. Maybe I'll just make generic Sith to fill out the ranks instead. While I'd like to see Wolf, Shadow Vao, his sister Astral, Deliah Blue, and all those others, I would also like to see some Yuuzhan Vong figures. Nei Rin and the others that were guarding the Jedi Temple could be included with other characters in the two-packs, or they could sell the three of them as a set. I don't think there have ever been any Vong figures in the EU lines, so some of the ones from the YV war would be great too. And they're not necessarily from Legacy, but while I'm thinking about these, how about some YVH droids?
  25. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    They are amazing. Absolutely amazing. I've been collecting Star Wars figures since their rerelease in the 90's and out of everything I've bought, everything I've seen, Everything I've wanted and could not afford or saved every penny to buy ... these four figures are hands down the centerpiece of my collection. ESPECIALLY Cade. He rocks something fierce. Granted I'm biased to these four because I love LEGACY, but still...

I concur with all these choices Del! Specifically I want Darth Nihl, Shado Vao, Darth Kryat and Wolf Sazen. Also, consider this:
    The first two LEGACY Comic Packs (Cade-Talon, Draco-Krieg) contain Parts 2 and 5 of the first LEGACY storyline (called "Broken" for any non-LEGACY fans reading this). That leaves four more parts to the "Broken" storyline that Hasbro needs to make comic packs for to complete the series (They did this with the originial A New Hope comic packs).

I feel like I'm rambling, so basically to sum up: I'm hoping for at LEAST four more LEGACY comic packs. AT LEAST. Imagine if they started doing some of the side stories (Like we could have Roan Fel vs. Darth Kruhl in a comic pack!).

Also, hang on for a Vong figure. Hasbro said in a Q&A earlier this year that there will be a Kyle Katarn vs. Yuuzhan Vong comic pack (from a later issue of Star Wars Tales) coming out sometime between now and the end of 09 (no pictures yet).

And yea, a YVH droid would be hardcore as well ;)
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.