The REAL Legacy collection (thread for Legacy comic action figure discussion)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthGeist, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Speaking of the Cade/Talon pack which I got today, I'm really chuffed that Cade came with a Lightsaber. Pretty neat.
  2. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Here's the latest "LEGACY action figure rumblings" from the Hasbro Q&A's

From Imperial Shipyards:

1. As you probably know, Darth Andeddu has now made several appearances in comics (Republic and Legacy). Any chance he could be under consideration for a future comic pack?
    He's still a very minor player. While there are no plans for him, we do have some great plans for other characters from Legacy and Republic.

From TheJawa.com

3) Since we have a release of Cade Skywalker... Is there any chance on the rest of the crew of the mynock being released?
    Eventually they are a strong possibility but it may be a while before we get to more members. There are some other very cool Legacy packs we have in store first, however, so stay tuned?.
  3. Dawud786 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have two Cade/Talon packs. Cade doesn't have a lightsaber in one of the. In fact, the plastic inside looks like he was supposed to have one in his hand, but it doesn't have the slot for the deactivated hilt like the second w/saber pack does. W/O was the first one I found.
  4. del Jedi Knight

star 1
    I actually just read something about that on RebelScum. The packages without lightsabers are an error. They tried to fix it as quickly as possible, but some made their way onto store shelves. http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCcomicpacks04.asp
    I know that some people collect packing errors, but I'm kind of ticked about this. I noticed the empty lightaber slot in the one I picked off the rack, and checked all the other packages to find that they were the same. If I had realized that I could eventually get Cade with both a lit and deactivated lightsaber, I would have waited. I really don't want to buy the set again, so it looks like I'll be searching through my spares for green one or a hilt that will work.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Drop Hasbro customer service an email about it. When I bought Slave I, Boba was missing his missile and pistol. I emailed Hasbro UK and both were sent to me free of charge. (It took a couple of weeks).
  6. del Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the tip. I sent them an email last night. So far, all I got was the automated response, but I'll let you know if I hear anything else.
  7. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    I might be wrong, but I don't think the Cade pack with a saber has a deactivated hilt with it. Mine's unopened in my "Star Wars room" at my parents house. I can't remember if it does or not. I opened the one without the saber and he's at my apartment [face_peace]

And yeah...I have a Star Wars room at my parents house, lol
  8. del Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm just going by what RebelScum says. One of the pictures clearly shows a deactivated hilt.

"Weapons and Accessories:
    Lightsaber
    2 Lightsaber Hilts
    Lightsaber Blade
    Rawk Chopped Special"
    "There is a variation to this set: the original shipments were sent out without Cade's lightsabers. This was quickly fixed, but samples have been found at retail."
  9. Dawud786 Force Ghost

star 4
    Definitely has lit and unlit sabers. I've got the error and the correct versions.

You know, back when there was Kenner I had an easy time getting things. When I was like 6 or 7 I was always playing with those Mask toys. Dudes with cars that transformed into other sorts of things like a Camero that turned into a jet plane and the drivers all had awesome masks. Well, i lost a mask or two and a couple bombs from teh Camero and Kenner hooked me up with replacements thanks to a nice letter from my mom. I'm sure they handle stuff like that stil today.
  10. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Well, it's not much but check this out. From the latest round of Hasbro Rebelscum Q&A's:

Rebelscum: I was wondering if you had any updates on some figures that you've already confirmed for us, like if they'll be in comic packs, basic figure line, Evolutions, when they'll be released...pictures if possible! ;)
    1. K'kruhk
    2. Lumiya
    3. Exar Kun
    4. Kyle Katarn
    5. Vong Warrior

Hasbro: Sorry, we do not have any pictures for you. Kyle Katarn and Yuzhong Vong, from Star Wars Tales 21, will be up first in a Spring 2009 comic pack, followed a wave later by both a Luke/Lumiya pack and an Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma pack. K'Kruhk will not see his debut until very late 2009 in the last basic figure wave of the year, which should tell you the theme of that wave.

All of those figure selections are AWESOME, but let's hone in on the K'Kruhk one. The fact that he will be in a BASIC WAVE of figures is interesting in and of itself, but what stands out is that "should tell you the theme of the wave."

In my mind that leaves two distinct possibilites (and my own personal wet fan-boy dream): A DARK TIMES WAVE OR A LEGACY WAVE.

Either way we all win ;)
  11. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Official LEGACY news from HASBRO!!! From the latest Q&A at Jedi Temple Archives:

Q. Of the current Dark Horse comic titles on the stands ( Knights Of The Old Republic, Dark Times, Rebellion & Legacy ), we've only seen Comic 2-pack offerings for the Legacy series. When can we expect to see some offerings for the current comic titles? And can you give us some hints about which characters might be in the running?

A. We have been concentrating more on Legacy because of the amazing impact and excitement this title has brought to the EU (however, don't forget that Rebellion actually inspired the Dagger Squadron B-Wing and pilot Netrem Pollard!). As far as comic packs go from the current DH titles, the next one up will be Rebellion #3 out late this year/early 2009 featuring a pair of characters in the awesome new Rebel stealth suit. After that will be two more Legacy titles in 2009 (one which will feature Darth Krayt), and finally the first KotOR issue should be out late 2009 if the schedule holds.

It's official! We're getting a DARTH KRAYT action figure!!! Add to that three unannounced LEGACY comic pack figures, the K'Kruhk figure in the single carded line, and our first KOTR comic pack!?!?

Amazing Ladies and Gentlmen ;)

EDIT

Also from the Jawa.com Hasbro Q&A:

Here you go kiddies, hot off the press. Enjoy!

1) When will we see the Yuuzhan Vong? As one of the biggest species to impact the Star Wars universe, I'm sure they deserve the plastic treatment.

We can't get one out soon enough, as he has been in development for some time as part of a Spring '09 comic pack wave. He'll be packed out with a new Kyle Katarn figure, reprinting the great story from Star Wars Tales #21. There will be a second Vong, of sorts, when we also debut a comic pack featuring Darth Krayt, also in Spring 2009. The long wait for both of these awesome packs will be well worth it.
  12. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Krayt + KOTOR comic pack = [face_love]
  13. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Rebelscum has pics of Quinlan Vos, Faye, and DE II Palpy Clone and Luke. You can check them out here.
  14. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    I just went all weak. Really. =P~

Oh, and more Legacy and KoTOR figures will be fantastic an'all, but KYLE! :D
  15. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2

I too am really excied about the Kyle action figure. That pack is based off of his appearance in Star Wars Tales which, I think, is going to rock the house when it's in plastic. The thing that I'm most excited about is the Kryat pack! Here's hoping he's packed with Nihl. Also the K'Kruhk action figure is high up on my list. My other "must-have" LEGACY figure is a Shado Vao. Here's hoping he's announced soon as well!

****EDIT****

Just a quick note for the curious: In the latest HASBRO Q&A, they mention that the 09, Expanded Universe Wave, is actually slated for the beginning of 2010, but that it is still being considered part of the 09 releases. Also, it appears that a number of NOVEL characters (I think it said 6 in the Q&A) will appear in the wave. It's late and I'm at work so I can't source it but you can find the questions in the latest Rebelscum Q&A Round up report (for Nov. 7).
    Some of the likely candidates mentioned, but not confirmed, include Nom Anor, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, Anakin Solo and Exar Kun.
    It should be noted however that Exar Kun has already been confirmed for a comic pack with Ulic Qel Droma.
    Also, don't forget that K'Kruhk is the only CONFIRMED character in the lineup currently and all others are speculation.

****EDIT****
  16. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Me again with the latest news from the Star Wars LEGACY action figure front. From the latest Hasbro Q&A with Raving Toy Maniac:

RTM: 2. The Legacy comic book figures seem to be a big hit -- can we expect many more in 2009?
    Hasbro: The Legacy packs have indeed been a big hit; for anyone who has not delved into the rich world of Legacy, you are in for real treat. We have some god news for you - there are two more Legacy issues planned for the Comic Pack lineup, including issue #22 (on shelves around July) and issue #7 (around November). There are two additional Legacy packs planned for 2010 as well.

Awesome news with Four Legacy packs now in the pipeline between now and 2010. The only confirmed character thus far is Darth Krayt sometime in 2009.
  17. JediMasterKendo Jedi Master

star 3
    I bought myself some more action figures these past two weeks during Thanksgiving.

Battle damage Force Unleashed Death Vader
    new Multi piece helmet Darth Vader
    Leektar and Nippet
    Gree

Now I have all pieces to put together R4 D6. I still need to get the figures out of their card packaging and check out the battle damaged darth vader more closely
  18. Blur Force Ghost

star 4
    Overall, I'm enjoying the SW Legacy figures - I think the "Build a droid" concept is interesting, it's good that the opportunity is there to get an extra droid figure if you want to invest in all the figures in a particular wave.

Also, I wanted to give my .02 on the SW "Comic packs" - First of all, I really like most of the comic-packs that have come out so far, and they are a good way to package figures that are somewhat obscure to anyone other than an EU SW fan. Also, it seems like these comic-packs are easier to find than the carded figures, which is great.
    However, I would really like to see more characters from the Marvel SW comic series (1977 - 1986) made as comic packs - I know they've made some already from the Mandalorian-related issues (Leia and Fenn Shysha, etc.) and I know it's rumored there will be a Luke and Lumiya in the future, but there are lot of other Marvel characters that would be perfect for this format, including:

* The winged green alien & winged blue alien from "Star Wars Annual #1"

* Jaxx (green rabbit) & the porcupine-alien from SW #7 - #10

* Valance (sp?), the cyborg bounty hunter

* Various robots from the issue "Droid World"

* Crimson Jack, the Pirate & Jollie (sp?)

That is just the tip of the iceberg - there are a lot of other Marvel characters that would be great as figures.

19. Corax78 Force Ghost

star 2
    Just thought I would update this quick: Hasbro confirmed that Sigel Dare will come with Darth Krayt.

Banthaskull: Who is going be packed with Darth Krayt in the upcoming comic pack? Forum member DarthFagan's guesses include Cade Skywalker (as he looked when he was Krayt's captive), Emperor Roan Fel, Sigel Dare (female imperial knight), or Jariah Syn (Cade's Bounty Hunter friend). Or how about a sith 2-pack with Darth Wyyrlok or Darth Nihl? So are we close? (DarthDre758)

Hasbro: It will indeed be Sigel Dare.

Back in January Rebelscum reported a rumor that Wolf Sazen and Darth Nihl would be appearing in a comic pack as well. So that could work for the Legacy #7 pack.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a couple more characters show up outside of the comic packs within the next couple of years either ;)
  20. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    That is INSANELY AWESOME NEWS! I wonder why they would package Sigel Dare with Kryat though? Maybe if it were the issue where Kryat slaughters the Mon Cal.
    Either way, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed on the Wolf-Nihl pack since Nihl is my fav sith :)

All I need now is a Shado Vao! Thanks for the update!
  21. Corax78 Force Ghost

star 2
    Think of it this way: if Hasbro releases Sigel Dare in her IK armor instead of civilian garb than it is an easy head-swap to release Sia Fel later on, maybe with her father? :)

I don't think it will be too much longer before we see Shado Vao, probably 2010 in one of the two two-packs for that year.

22. DarthGeist Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow. So I just read the last issue of Vector ... and now I REALLY want a Darth Wyyrlok action figure.
  23. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    Why oh why when I start to cut spending more than i already have they do something like this and start to bring out great things. Oh well heres hopeing for Overttime.
  24. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
  25. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I'm pretty sure it is legit. Rebelscum has the story and she is mentioned.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.