main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The REAL Legacy collection (thread for Legacy comic action figure discussion)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthGeist, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    In that case...

* Deliah Blue and Jariah Syn
    * Princess Marasiah Fel and Emperor Roan Fel
    * Morrigan Corde/Moff Calixte (I don't know which one we'll see but I DOUBT both, more likely Morrigan) and Gunner Yage
    * Azlyn Rae and Celeste Morne (I doubt this'll happen but I WANT to see it. I LOVE both Azlyn and Celeste as characters)

2. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    Have you guys read Issue 40 yet?

I now believe it would be an utter TRAGEDY if we didn't get a Mando Carr and his wife.

3. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    So ... I've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but I've been swamped. How come none of us are talking about this little number:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SSC10805&mode=retail

Heck yes! Bring on the Sideshow LEGACY characters! Gimme a Cade, a Krayt and a Nihl ... to start!

4. azaleadrake

azaleadrake Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2009
    [image=http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/792/792017/star-wars-the-legacy-revealed-20070525013233756.jpg]

Duursema?s characters have great physical looks and mastery of movement, yet she keeps them grounded in the gritty realism so essential to the Star Wars Universe.

Sorry - advertising isn't allowed here. You can link to your site in your signature but not in posts.

5. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I kinda want a two-pack of Corde and Calaxite. Maybe with issue 19 in it.
    I think that's the one where we find out.

6. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Well Hasbro confirmed in their q and a's that the comic pack line is done as of Spring 2010. In fact they don't even know if Deliah Blue and Darth Nihl will make it to retail. Very, very sad and upsetting.

Bantha Skull:

What's going on with Comic Packs? There seem to be rumors that these are
    going away or converting to exclusives only. Can you comment on that,
    and maybe update us on some of the packs that we thought were coming,
    particularly wave 3 (with the TOTJ pack and the Tholme pack), the
    WalMart exclusives, the 2010 Wave 1 packs, and the Camie/Fixer pack that
    had been pulled out of the lineup? - CaptianJack

Yes, here's the latest. We can confirm that the Comic Packs will be
    discontinued after Spring 2010 (meaning no packs for Fall 2010). The
    Wal-Mart exclusive Comic Pack program has been cancelled after the last
    ones ship this Fall. Wave 3, including the pack with Tholme and T'ra Saa,
    will now be on shelf approximately March in the U.S. along with the rest
    of the Fall Comic Packs shown at Comic Con. This schedule should hold
    unless there are further delays. The Spring 2010 Wave 1 packs shown at
    Comic Con, including the Darth Nihl & Deliah Blue pack, may not make it
    out at all based on the current rate of sale, but we remain hopeful. The
    Camie/Fixer pack will be a convention exclusive next year.

7. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Wow, that's lame. I've loved the comic packs since the beginning and I've gotten pretty much all of them except for the Marvel-centric ones (although I got the recent Lumiya pack). I hope the Deliah Blue/Nihl pack comes out, I'll definitely pick it up. Glad to hear the Tholme/Tra Saa pack hasn't been canceled.

8. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    The one thing that I'm trying to find out is what will happen with the sleeveless/jacketless Cade Skywalker that was confirmed awhile ago at Galactic Hunter.

9. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Hopefully it at least comes out as a single figure. Maybe an exclusive? If Blue and Nihil don't make it to comic packs, I hope they sell as individuals.

10. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    Well Hasbro did say they were hopeful that both Blue/Nihl and Jareal/Rohlan will still see a release next year so there is still some hope there. I wouldn't mind if the new Cade was released on a single card, I just hope we don't have to wait until 2011 for the figure.

11. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    I think it's a safe bet that we will get Nihl/Blue and Rholan/Jareel, just because of the selection of figures slated for release between now and their release date. We've got many "fan favorites" coming out (Exar Kun/Ulic off the top of my head, but also some other eagerly anticipated figures) and I think that will move the product along enough to get Nihl/Blue and Rholan/Jareel ... but after that it truly is disturbing to see the comic packs disapear.

Also, HASBRO has said that they are backing off the Expanded Universe in 2010 almost entirely in the Legacy Collection with a possibility of a few figures in 2011.

I hate to say it, but I think the "Golden Age of the EU" is coming to an end at Hasbro ... and that makes me wonder about the rest of the line as well.

12. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    I don't think we have seen the end of the golden age of EU figures from Hasbro. I think what we are dealing with is Hasbro trying to go back to OT/PT figures to try and recapture their base supporters.

The reason why I say that is for a couple of reasons. First their own wishlist of figures is mainly made up of EU character. That tells me there is a desire to look at the EU for figure choices. Here's the list of figures in no particular order:

Snoova (resculpt)
    the actual "Sith" species
    Mandalorian Neo Crusader
    Bastila Shan
    Joe Johnston concept Imperial Guard
    Phase 2 Dark Trooper (2 votes so technically the #1 choice here)
    Guri
    Weequay Skiff Master
    Widdle & Oochee 2-pack
    Yuuzhan Vong (more slender sculpt)
    Luke in Emperor Guard disguise (resculpt)
    super-articulated Rancor with elbows and knees (hey, that's not eligible!)
    Nera Dantels
    super-articulated AT-ST driver
    Bettybot
    female Stormtrooper from Legacy 0
    Jaxxon
    Ponda Baba
    Dr. Evazon
    Aqualish Technician (Clone Wars)
    Nelvaan Warrior (mutated - he'd be HUGE!)
    Shado Vao.

That's 14 EU figures right there in their own wishlist. The other reason is because of the EU's results in Fan's Choice polls. If their wasn't any support for EU than no EU characters would make it on to these lists. But they do and Hasbro knows that fans want EU characters made.

See even though Hasbro has made the choice to discontinue the comic packs after the spring 2010 wave, I don't think the final decision was made by Hasbro. In order to keep shelf space in a retail store you have to have new products to put in that shelf space. So far in my area I haven't seen any new comic packs, that even includes repacked figures on new cards. I think ultimately retail stores shut this line down because new product wasn't coming in to the stores. Now whether that falls on Hasbro's shoulders, the distributors, the warehouses, the buyers who knows. All that I know is that there are still quite a few EU figures I would like to be able to buy.

13. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    Finally found a Darth Krayt and Siegel Dare pack today. I like them quite a bit, and now I want to cosplay as an Imperial Knight. The only thing is that I thought Krayt's armor was supposed to be a little darker. On the figure, it's a brighter silver than I expected. Has anyone done kind of a black-wash over it? I'm thinking that might make it look just a little nicer.

14. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    I really like Krayt as well ... I don't mind the brighter silver (I just consider it gray colored vong armor), but I imagine it would look really nice with a darker wash.

I just can't bring myself to alter the awesomeness that is Darth Krayt.

15. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    I also got the Luke and Lumiya pack and the Kyle Katarn and Yuzhong Vong pack. I can't get over how great the Vong figure is. Nice and solid. I wish they'd make a battle pack, or even single-carded ones, so I could make a small army.

16. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    From the latest Hasbro Q&A:

Rebelscum: With the recent long-awaited announcement of Celebration V finally here, word has come out that there won't be an exclusive Hasbro action figure. Please say this isn't so! Surely there's SOMETHING that can be whipped up in time for August 2010!!

Hasbro: Thanks for the chance to correct that statement. There definitely *will* be two CV exclusive sets. One of them will be a Comic Pack with two new figures originally slated for the main line that has been redirected to be a CV exclusive. The other set will have an EpV theme, although it will not necessarily debut new characters. Details of both sets will be announced at a later date as we get closer to CV.

Let the SPECULATION BEGIN!

17. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I heard rumors of Camie/Fixer and Nihl/Deliah being the two. Time will tell.

18. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    As we get closer to Toy Fair 2010, I realize just how much I'm going to miss the Comic Pack line :_|
    Here's hoping we get some cool EU news somewhere this year, be it Toy Fair or Comic Con.

19. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Well ... I haven't posted here in FOREVER, but I thought, for continuity sake, we go ahead and put this out there:

EntertainmentEarth.com will be offering the previously cancelled comic pack collection (INCLUDING DELIAH BLUE AND DARTH NIHL) in November as a web-exclusive.

20. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    That's cool, at least something Legacy that was canceled got another chance.

Too bad the comics are ending at #50 :_|

21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    There are still SOOO many Legacy figures to be made! The Fels, Wyyrlok, Shado, Sazen...

Also, why did they put Blue and Nihl together? Seems like a weird combination to me...

22. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I can't wait to get a hold of the Nihl figure, I'm going to put him up with on my shelf that has only Sith figures.:D

23. DARTHMARCO

DARTHMARCO Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2009
    Have not posted in a few months. I am happy that Entertainment Earth is picking up the comic packs. Especially with Blue/Nihl and others that will be offer in November. Just wanted to know the other two comic packs that Hasbro spoke about from Legacy that they plan to do in the future. Will they have that chance now that they have a willing partner to deliver these comic packs?

Have an idea, they could do it like they have in comic packs or just do a pack of "Legacy" figures like 6 or 8 action figures. The pack will be title 'Legacy' Sith-Imperial-Jedi-Pirate. Have the sith with Darth Wyyrlok, Darth Maladi, maybe Darth Stryfe. The Imperials Roan Fel, Sia Fel, and maybe Tris Sinde(Imperial knights). The Jedi with Wolf Sazen and Shado Vao. The pirate with Jariah Syn, Morrigan Corde(Spy), and maybe Admiral Stazi. Just to finish the main cast of 'Legacy'as the comics finish with number 50 and that a miniseries of 6 comics will end 'Legacy'. Just wishful thinking. I hope that Hasbro just does half of these into action figures in the future.

24. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    God I hope so too ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.