main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~The Real Reason For My Last Disappearance...~ COMPLETED 07-23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterAmanda, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    Title: The Real Reason For My Last Disappearance
    Author: JediMasterAmanda
    Timeframe: Outbound Flight Timeframe and RotS timeframe
    Characters: myself, alot of others
    Genre: self insert, humor?
    Keywords: horrible, fun, humor, confusing
    Summary: I knew something was gonna happen, but I didn't expect the Star Wars universe!
    Author's Note: The initial idea for this story came from Lanna's TRIDU so I have to give some credit to her for giving me the idea. Thanks Lanna! Anyhow enjoy.

Note 2: I have now gotten a cover for this story done. So here it is.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/gabufic/TRRFMLDCover.jpg]

Note 3: As of chapter thirty-three, this story has reached over fifty thousand words. So I am putting this banner here to celebrate.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/gabufic/50000words.png]
    ---------------------------------------

Chapter One

Ok I know I told those of you who asked that I had been bogged down by Darth Real Life, but that's not entirely true. Well it is sorta. But what actually happened was alot more complicated from what you all thought. It is kinda of funny and was actually sorta cool, but it was also sad. Anyway I suppose I should explain myself now.

It all started at the last football game of the year. I was only there because of my duties in the flag corp. Me and one of the other members of the band had gone to the bathroom. Now it was all normal until I left the stall. I expected to join Katherine for the walk back, but it did not happen that way.

Instead of the musty and dirty bathroom that football fields were famous for, I found myself standing in an unfamiliar place. The walls of the corridor looked like they had had to have been repaired many times over. I saw a very short little person who yelled in some foreign language at me. After recounting what I knew of repaired ships with little people who spoke in a foreign language from Star Wars I decided I should get out before I wound up as a live shield.

I almost laughed at the thought as I ran as fast as I could in some random direction. Star Wars!? Where did that come from? There was no way this was a Vagaari ship. Heck there was no way I could be in the Star Wars universe. Though the odd language did throw me for a loop. I pushed the language out of my mind as I remembered that I didn't know much of any language besides English. I suddenly wished I had all my Spanish notes and Japanese notes and anything else that could've possibly have been of use.

My thoughts were interrupted as I found myself running smack into someone taller than I am. Go figure. You're two inches short for your age and automatically everyone is taller than you. I wasn't sure if they were really as tall as they looked though, as the person had what looked like a turban or something wrapped around their head. It looked like it was made to create a tall look to the person.

I was about to back away when the person yelled in the same foreign language the short guy had and many more similar looking people surrounded me. I sighed irritably. This was the worst day of my life....wait no make that the second worse. The first worst happened long ago, but it doesn't matter now. I offered little resistance, it was difficult to with some pointy thing poking my back, as I was led to a cell. The walls were see through and I could see into space.

This was beginning to seem alot like when Car'das was captured by the Vagaari. I looked around and saw that I wasn't the only one in one of these cocoon like cells. Now I am sure I must be hallucinating. I could not really be being used as part of a living shield! There was just no way in the universe this could be happening. But I was one to find ways out of situations be it a dream or a hallucination. I had to find a way out and soon.

I was still in the odd cell thingy when I saw a ship appear, assuming it dropped out of hype

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_laugh]

I'll be back to read and comment once I have control over me again.[face_laugh]
    I hope this disease spreads!

Okay, I'm back.

Well, the Vagaari are not the nicest people to wind up with, but at least, you had Thrawn come to the rescue almost immediately. How does he look, that young?;)
    I wonder what that last Vagaari said, and if Thrawn understood it and if it has any importnace on what is going one.

Please keep me informed.[face_batting] (aka, send me pms)

We should form a circle: The Incredibly Shameless Self-Inserters, or something like that.[face_laugh]

*salutes*
    TISSI-1 reporting for duty.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hilarious, JediMasterAmanda! Isn't it fun how fanfic authors would act in the GFFA? :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Maybe I'll start my own now and become TISSI-3. [face_laugh] Lanna, what did you start? 8-}

4. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    MsLanna: [face_laugh]

I'll be back to read and comment once I have control over me again.[face_laugh]
    I hope this disease spreads!

[face_laugh] glad I made you laugh.

Okay, I'm back.

welcome back!

Well, the Vagaari are not the nicest people to wind up with, but at least, you had Thrawn come to the rescue almost immediately. How does he look, that young?;)

Yes those Vagaari are quite nasty aren't they. Of course Thrawn had to come to the rescue. His timing is just that good. ;) And you'll find a description of him later on in the story. I won't tell what chapter though. :p

I wonder what that last Vagaari said, and if Thrawn understood it and if it has any importnace on what is going one.

Well the Vagaari spoke in Minnisiat so I am sure Thrawn understood him. As for what he said, I don't have a clue.

Please keep me informed.[face_batting] (aka, send me pms)

I will put on the PM list

We should form a circle: The Incredibly Shameless Self-Inserters, or something like that.[face_laugh]

*salutes*
    TISSI-1 reporting for duty.

[face_laugh] I agree with this circle idea. As long as I am TISSI-2 I am good.

Idrelle_Miocovani: Hilarious, JediMasterAmanda! Isn't it fun how fanfic authors would act in the GFFA? :p

oh yes it was so much fun fearing for my life. :p

--------

I will have an update later on today or maybe tomorrow.

5. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    well here's the next chapter:
    ---------------------------
    Chapter Two

It had now been a couple of hours since my rescue by Thrawn and his crew. I had been brought back aboard the SpringHawk where I met Jorj Car'das, Maris Ferasi, and Dubrak Qennto. After awhile I started freaking out in the middle of a meeting with the four of them, the fourth being Thrawn.

It started while I was recounting how I ended up on the Vagaari ship, at Qennto's insistance, gah I hate that guy already! He has no consideration for people's feelings. Despite the others insistance that it was not necessary I had finally given up. And so I recounted the night's events and now I sat in a seat opposite Thrawn, next to Maris with Car'das next to her and Qennto next to him.

To the naked eye I was perfectly calm, but inside I was a mess with emotions I never knew I had. Thoughts of what must be going on back home filled my head. I pushed them aside as Car'das broke the silence.

"So what next?" Car'das asked. "There's not exactly a way for her to go home...is there?"

"Not that I know of," I confirmed. "I have no idea how I ended up here. It was a shear stroke of...well I dunno."

"Not very helpful are you?" Qennto said accusingly.

I shrank into my seat as Car'das and Qennto argued about considering how someone might feel. I blocked out the conversation as I let my mind go blank. I saw Thrawn watching me and saw in his eyes that looked like...well something that could've been pity except with him one never could tell. I saw a flicker in his eyes and wondered what it was...or even if I did see it.

"Can you guys stop fighting, please?" I asked as I got a headache from the consistant yelling.

It was then that Maris pushed the two away from each other. "Guys!" she said sternly and they stopped.

"Thank you," I said.

After the meeting was over I was shown to a room that Maris and I were apparently going to share. She had been staying with the other two, but it was decided that they would bunk in two sets. So I found myself claiming top bunk in a room free of the guys. I was a sucker for the top. It made me feel safe from anything that could be crawling on the floor. Not that there was anything there.

I looked up as there was a beeping sound coming from the door. I thought that maybe if I said enter the door would open like in Star Trek. But then I realized that that was the wrong show. And so I watched as Maris opened the door to reveal a Chiss officer. He said something I could not understand. I looked to Maris who translated for me.

"The Commander would like to see you, Amanda," Maris said. "This officer will show you the way."

"Ok," I said baffled at why Thrawn could possibly want to see me.

Leaping off the bunk I landed better than I had the last time I had tried that maneuver, managing to stay on my feet though my knees did bend quite a bit. It was then I realized that I was still in my flag uniform. Luckily I had my warm-ups on over it so I didn't look entirely like a pirate. Why did our show have to be Pirates of the Caribbean this year? It could've waited till next year.

Though I am sure my black boots clashed with the brightish blue of the warm-ups I could've cared less about that. The boots were comfy and I was glad I was wearing them and not regular tenneshoes. After getting up, I followed the Chiss officer with a short 'cya' to Maris. Again I found myself observing the surroundings. Everything looked...orderly. I could tell that the crew was well kept and definitely followed some sort of procedure. What that procedure was I know not.

When we finally reached the destination I noted it was a different room from before. For some reason I felt the inner fangirl, that was normally so deep within I didn't know it existed, almost squeal at the thought of speaking with Thrawn. Mentally I yelled at her to shut her trap, and reminded myself that this person would some day join the Empire. I mentally sighed at the thought of such intelligence being wasted on evil.

I felt my throat tighten as

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    "See ya later then," I said without thinking once again. I mentally slapped myself as I followed the officer out of the room.

[face_laugh]

I suppose there's certain language things that need to be adjusted, eh? :p

Nice chapter! [face_laugh]

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    "Yes," I said. "And in my universe space travel on my planet is still limited to not even our whole system. Of course that's just what the government says. I've never once believed them though."

"Your government is untrustworthy?" Thrawn asked.

Area 51! Or was it 52?
    Darn, I am too bad with conspiracy theories.:oops:
    I wonder what Thranw wants with out univerese, there's not much to conquer there. Maybe he just wants to dump that huge threat there and leave us to deal with it?[face_worried]

"See ya later then," I said without thinking once again.

Aaaand, don't you even start oogling my Grand Admiral![face_shame_on_you]
    :p

8. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Idrelle_Miocovani: I suppose there's certain language things that need to be adjusted, eh? :p

Yes I suppose there is.

Nice chapter!

Thank you

MsLanna: Area 51! Or was it 52?
    Darn, I am too bad with conspiracy theories.:oops:
    I wonder what Thranw wants with out univerese, there's not much to conquer there. Maybe he just wants to dump that huge threat there and leave us to deal with it?[face_worried]

It is Area 51. And he doesn't want anything. He is just curious. Remember that is part of why he captured the Bargain Hunter in OBF in the first place. Curiosity. :p

Aaaand, don't you even start oogling my Grand Admiral![face_shame_on_you]
    :p

ok one what is oogling? :confused: two this is my story not yours. and three I don't recall Thrawn being yours. :p

---------------------------------------------------

next chapter will probably be up tomorrow

9. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    ok well here's the next chapter
    ----------------------
    Chapter Three

That night I was laying on my bed. I couldn't sleep with all the thoughts going through my head. I missed home, I missed flags, I missed my friends. Mentally I came up with a list of things I would never see again. That list went somewhat like this:

No more friends, which meant no Chelsey to understand my problems and to understand hers.
    No more family, which meant no more of sister.
    No more church friends and family.
    No more waiting impatiently for the school day to be over.
    No more flags.
    No more band.
    No more football games I didn't want to be at.
    No more of my beloved pets.
    No more music.
    No more fanfics.
    No TF.N
    No more people I've grown to love.
    No more ramen.
    No more helping at the Carver.

The list went on and on and on. But in the end I decided to be thankful for not dealing with the things I didn't like. I would no longer have to look over shoulder to make sure my bro wasn't about to try to kill me. No more person who shall not be named. No more being yelled at by Gina. And most wonderful was that there was no more cleaning of my room.

That room of mine was a mess when I left it. I was tasked by the dangerous thing of cleaning it by my mom for the next day. Thankfully I wouldn't have to for what I hoped was a long time. It's probably gonna take three trash bags to clean that room out.

Wait who will take care of my hamster!? My poor hamster who's all alone in my room. I hope the cats don't eat her. I hope someone is thinking of moving her cage downstairs where mom can take care of her. The image of my poor Chikara starving is not a pretty sight for me. It broke my heart and I suddenly found myself sulking. I knew the other animals were being well taken care of, but what about Chikara!?

I once again wished I hadn't wished that wish those two years ago. I made the wish to wind up in the Star Wars universe on the first star I saw that one night. The time didn't matter though. If I hadn't made that wish I'd probably be home and my hamster would still be being spoiled as well as my cat, Breeze. Those two were mine no questions asked. And Breeze always could make me happy when I was sad. I longed for her cute way of asking for attention and attempts to make me happy.

By the time I got my mind to quiet it was morning again as Maris got up. I took that as a cue and swung my legs over the side of my bunk. After watching Maris go into what I guessed was something of a bathroom, I leapt off the bunk. I landed better than before, this time my knees only bent slightly. I was getting used to jumping off things.

I went into the closet, yes the closet. And got my uniform off. I left the tank top and shorts on and then put my warm-ups back on over them. I went back out of the closet climbed back up onto my bunk with my uniform. I folded the white pirate shirt suite thingy and placed it on the bed. Then I folded the black lace skirt and placed it on top of the shirt. I did the same with the red sash with the fake coins and placed it on the skirt. I took the red bandanna from my hair and tossed it onto the pile. Then I worked on taking the braid out of my bangs and fingered the hairspray out. Before I realized it my hair was all but normal again. I decided to skip trying to recreate my Padawan braid, thinking it would not be wise if we ran into any Jedi.

It seemed like the moment Maris came out of the 'bathroom' the door chimed. Well I always called it a chime in my stories so I am calling it a chime. It did sorta sound like a chime-beep thing. Maybe I can brag about my success at describing it when I got back home....

My thoughts were interrupted as Maris informed me that we were needed in the conference room. What was it now? Don't tell me we've run into trouble. If I remembered correctly the next stop was the Chiss base at Crustai. It was probably just some kind of formality. Or maybe he simply wanted to speak with us all. Why all four of us though? I am not part of Maris's crew, yes I don't call it Qennto's c

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005

No more friends, which meant no Chelsey to understand my problems and to understand hers.
    No more family, which meant no more of sister.
    No more church friends and family.
    No more waiting impatiently for the school day to be over.
    No more flags.
    No more band.
    No more football games I didn't want to be at.
    No more of my beloved pets.
    No more music.
    No more fanfics.
    No TF.N
    No more people I've grown to love.
    No more ramen.
    No more helping at the Carver.

That's quite a list. :p

"I wouldn't be surprised if nameless person was the cause of my being here."

"Who is this nameless person?" Car'das asked curiously.

"A person who shall remain nameless for now,"

Ah, well, yes -- a nameless person is always going to be nameless if they're nameless. :p

O:)

Nice update :D

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    A nameless person that used to be a friend, but hates you now, and can jump between universes?
    Sounds interesting, I hope he's good-looking.:p

Thrawn to the rescue. Again. he's good at that.[face_love]

12. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Idrelle_Miocovani: That's quite a list. :p

Yes it is a long list isn't it?

Ah, well, yes -- a nameless person is always going to be nameless if they're nameless. :p

well he has a name but it's not gonna be revealed till later :p

Nice update :D

thanks

MsLanna: A nameless person that used to be a friend, but hates you now, and can jump between universes?
    Sounds interesting, I hope he's good-looking.:p

I suppose it can be interesting. But what would it matter if he was good-looking? :confused:

Thrawn to the rescue. Again. he's good at that.[face_love]

Yeah he seems to be very good at that doesn't he? [face_love]

-------------------------------
    I will have an update up either later today or tomorrow I'm not sure which.

13. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    here's the next chapter
    ------------------------

Chapter Four

After the meeting was over Car'das and I decided to explore the ship. Well he had already had a grand tour, so really he was giving me the grand tour. I listened to him relay the info he had learned to me in fascination. For some reason everything about the Chiss fascinated me. It was just so...so...so something. I would think of it sooner or later. I decided I would join Car'das and Maris in their lessons on the Cheunh and Minnisiat languages.

I didn't have to ask as Car'das and I walked right into the room where they normally took the lessons at with Thrawn. The Commander and Maris were already waiting and neither seemed surprised I was joining them. I felt over enthusiastic about this. I am sure a huge smile was plastered on my face where my usually calm expression once was. It seemed I had lost my calm since I arrived here. I was either scared out of my wits or overly joyed or depressed.

The lesson started out with Car'das and Maris going over some of the stuff they knew. Car'das said that he was a fishing boat, probably meaning to say merchant, and I had to cover my mouth to keep from bursting out into laughter. All three of them raised their eyebrows at me.

"What?" Car'das asked dumbfounded.

"Sorry, but," I said. "You're a fishing boat?"

"Did I say that?" Car'das asked. He looked at Thrawn and Maris who both nodded. "How did you know?"

"Hello from another universe here," I said. "That's the only word I know though. I remember it from a book because that other way of saying it has an aspirated 'p' that humans apparently can't pronounce."

"You are correct on that," Thrawn said. "Pohskapforian; Pohskapforian. Hear the difference?"

"Yeah I do," Car'das said.

The lesson went fairly smoothly from there. Due to my dyslexia I had some difficulty, but I worked through it. By the time the lessons were done I had forgotten my dyslexia and was able to speak parts of Cheunh fluently. This seemed to have impressed Thrawn a bit and so I felt elated. I was proud of my new language skills. I suppose it helped having studied Japanese as there were some odd pronunciations in that language as well. Or at least they were odd to a dyslexic person such as myself, who was used to the English language and sometimes didn't get that one right.

When Maris and I returned to our quarters we took turns bouncing Cheunh words off each other. We practiced for hours and I was amazed that my dyslexia didn't get in the way. After about two hours I felt like bragging about our skills to the Commander, but was too worried about whether or not it would be wise to disturb him simply to show off my new skills. Besides I could always show off during the next lessons.

"Pohskapforian," I said randomly. Maris raised her eyebrow at me.

"I'm running out of words I know," I explained. "And that's my new favorite word."

The two of us sat sharing stories for the rest of the night. When she asked me what band camp was like I sighed. I explained about the horrors of being in the sun all day with no sun block and the resulting sunburn. Then I recounted how hard we had to work and how most of us band people barely had enough energy to do the cadences on the way back to the dormitories. I told of the crazy games we played involving imitating the instructors.

"But you know what the worst part of it was?" I asked.

"What?" Maris asked amusement in her voice.

"I never got to swim," I said. "We were suppose to have a pool party, but it never happened. It made me sad."

"Awww," Maris said.

"I blame the storm that happened that threw us off schedule," I said gaining a burst of laughter from Maris and myself.

And this was why I disappeared.

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005

"Pohskapforian," I said randomly. Maris raised her eyebrow at me.

"I'm running out of words I know," I explained. "And that's my new favorite word."

[face_laugh]

Oh, learning new languages is always fun, yes. :D

Nice update! :)

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I just like good-looking villains.[face_blush]
    I mean - Thrawn????=P~ [face_blush]

Darn, you get lessons in Chenuh and I get C'baoth. That is so unfair.:_|
    And dyslexia with that kind of spelling? I thought you got it from trying to spell such stuff right.8-}

"Pohskapforian," I said randomly.

I can relate.:p

16. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Idrelle_Miocovani: Oh, learning new languages is always fun, yes. :D

It's only fun when you like the language.

Nice update! :)

thank you

MsLanna: I just like good-looking villains.[face_blush]
    I mean - Thrawn????=P~ [face_blush]

well you wouldn't like the nameless person even if he was good-looking.
    Thrawn's not a villian yet though. ;)

Darn, you get lessons in Chenuh and I get C'baoth. That is so unfair.:_|

Yeah I'm so lucky right? Keep in mind though, that C'boath hasn't shown up yet.

And dyslexia with that kind of spelling? I thought you got it from trying to spell such stuff right.8-}

The only reason I spell anything right is because I am good at hiding my dyslexia. I change alot of spelling errors as I type and grammer too from where I leave out words and such.

I can relate.:p

I'm sure you can :p thanks for reading

------------------

update will come later, after I finish off some editing

17. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    here's the next chapter
    ---------------------

Chapter Five

I was running down the corridors of the SpringHawk. There were footsteps behind me and they were getting louder. I ran into a wall and turned to see odd-looking people with tattoos all over their bodies. It reminded me of something but I was unsure of what. Suddenly Chiss officers were between me and the tattooed people with weapons pointing at my attackers.

I had no idea what was going on. There was a tug on my arm and I looked to see Maris's worried face. She told me to follow her and to hurry. I did so and she led me to the cargo hold, or at least it looked like a cargo hold. My heart skipped a beat as I saw the scene before me. Thrawn looked to be injured and was unconscious, a medic tending to him. Car'das and Qennto stood nearby, both had long gashes on their arms that were being tended to.

I woke with a start and took a look around the room I was in. I almost forgot where I was, but then I remembered. I was onboard the SpringHawk and in my quarters with Maris. Suddenly I remembered the dream. It was such an odd dream to cause me to wake in the middle night. Normally there was no dream that could wake me up, but for some reason this one had.

I looked at the crono and saw that it was about one in the morning. I sighed and rolled over to attempt to get back to sleep. After about half an hour I gave up and climbed off the bunk. Silently, I snuck out of the room and walked around randomly. Many thoughts went through my mind while I walked. I was glad everyone was asleep or else I'd probably walk into someone.

I missed home. Sure I still had confusing dreams back home, but they never caused me to wake up. I never had to watch people die only a couple meters away from me. I missed having my friends around to talk to and to hang out with. I actually even missed my brother....ever so slightly.

A few minutes and a thousand thoughts later I ran into a wall. It hurt...well kinda anyway. I sighed, exasperated at my clumsiness. Shaking my head I turned a corner and noticed the door to the Forward Visual Triangulation Site One was opened. The room I had spoken with Thrawn in. I wondered who else could be up at this time.

Cautiously, I walked over to the open doorway and peered inside. I found it odd that the door was open since doors in the Star Wars universe didn't normally stay open without being blown off or locked open. I was especially surprised due to the time though. Who in their right mind would be up at this time? Ok I was, but I wasn't exactly what one could call normal.

When I reached the doorway I cautiously peered into the room. I didn't see anyone around so I walked in, suddenly on high alert. I wondered why the door would be open. I mean it couldn't be that someone expected me to be wondering about at night....did they? Who knows? I am in an odd predicament so I suppose it could possibly be normal. Who am I kidding? I never...ok well rarely...do anything that people consider normal.

I sighed as no one appeared after I had gone several steps into the room. The door remained open, though, and it was starting to really bug me. Oh well, I'll worry about it later. I went over to the couch and sat down at the end farthest from the door. I watched the swirls of hyperspace out the window. I definitely had to tell everyone about this site. I suppose for me this was my Star Wars universe forest scene.

Perhaps I can take back some technology and get the space program moving faster. I'd of course would probably spend years trying to find a way to tweak it to allow travel between universes. Of course I wouldn't let any government have that kind of technology. I wouldn't trust the gov with it as far as I could throw Kat, which would probably be somehow where she ended up behind me. Hmmm, considering what I go by that would be in the negative. So I couldn't trust the gov with such technology even to zero percent. It's more like negative eighty thousand percent or something. No, it'd be limited to me and those I could

18. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    SW and nightmares just seem to go together well.:oops:

At least you found a nice place with a nice view. Hyperspace must be so pretty.:)
    And a visitor, I wonder who it is.[face_mischief]

19. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I had no idea what I would find when this title caught my eye, but I would say a good dose of silly mix with fluctuating emotions fitting with what I would think a person in your shoes would feel. Did that even make sense? 8-} In any case, I managed a few good laughs and would like to see more when you have it. Could you add me to the pm list if you have one?

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

20. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Lanna: SW and nightmares just seem to go together well.:oops:

yeah they seem to don't they? [face_plain]

At least you found a nice place with a nice view. Hyperspace must be so pretty.:)

believe me when I say yup :p

And a visitor, I wonder who it is.[face_mischief]

I wonder as well...perhaps we'll find out...

Leia: I had no idea what I would find when this title caught my eye, but I would say a good dose of silly mix with fluctuating emotions fitting with what I would think a person in your shoes would feel. Did that even make sense? 8-} In any case, I managed a few good laughs and would like to see more when you have it. Could you add me to the pm list if you have one?

don't worry that made perfect sense to me. [face_laugh] Glad my confusion and tortured emotional state amuses people. :p I will add you to the list.

-------------------

Next update will come later on today or tomorrow. It depends on when I feel like updating.

21. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    A/N: ok well here's the next update. I actually had through chapter 10 written, but I changed a few things so I am now in the middle of chapter as far as writting it goes. So we are catching to where I am in writing. I am hoping I will get farther during band camp, but I am uncertain. I will try to keep a schedule of updating every Friday regardless from now on though. I am trying to work out schedules of working on my stories, aka assigning a day to each story each week. Hopefully I'll be able to work this out. Anyways here's the next chapter. It's longer than usual, but that's cool. I am going to try to make my chapters at least a little longer.

========================================

Chapter Six

When I woke up I found myself still in the observation room. I was alone, but apparently a blanket had been laid on me. I took a moment to wonder where the blanket had come from before stretching and getting up from the couch. I glanced around the room to see that there was indeed no one else was in the room. Hmm...but who had those footsteps belonged to?

Looking at a crono I noticed it was already 8:30. I slept in compared to normal, especially since I came here. I wondered why no one had woken me. I decided it didn't really matter anyway. I certainly needed it. After all, after that insomniatic state I had been in just before all this began I should take all the sleep I can get. I started out the door, but stopped when I saw Car'das in the doorway.

"Hey we're going into the base soon," Car'das said. "Care to join us?"

"Sure," I said in response. I wondered if he had been the one to show up in the middle of the night. Nah his footsteps were different than whoever my visitor had been. Yes I notice that sort of thing...sometimes.

When we reached the landing bay the others were there waiting. I took up a position in the circle that now consisted of Car'das, Maris, Qennto, myself, and Thrawn. I was almost uncomfortable standing next to the man who I knew would some day join an evil Empire. I had to force the thought from my mind as I felt his eyes on me and instead calmed myself with thoughts of the silly things my friends had done. Mentally I laughed when I remembered the time Chelsey had scraped her knee then acted like a bunny afterward. She always did silly things when she got hurt.

I had had so many fun times with Chelsey and the others. I suddenly felt myself missing them. How were they doing I wondered? I hoped Lizzy hadn't decided on suicide...again. Oh how many times I had to try to talk her out of it. I wondered if Sam has yet to realize how untrustworthy Kat really is. I pushed the thoughts out of my head when I felt my emotions threaten to get all crazy. I would not break down in front of Thrawn and the others. I hated breaking down in front of people. That was saved for in my room where no one could see.

When the SpringHawk finally landed and the boarding ramp came down, the group walked down the ramp. I tagged along in the back as I always did. I stood with the crew from the Bargain Hunter as Thrawn greeted another Chiss. It kind of looked like some kind of ceremony. I watched, trying to pick out words that I knew. I couldn't understand it all, but I understood some. After awhile Thrawn and the other Chiss walked over.

Thrawn said something in Sy Bisti and I assumed he was introducing the Chiss as Aristocra Chaf'orm'bintrano. He then introducing the three merchants and then myself to the Aristocra. Or at least that's what I thought he was doing. I had to remember to ask Car'das to teach me Sy Bisti along with my other language lessons. I could not continue not understanding parts of conversations. After it became apparent that the Chiss didn't want to speak with us we were led to our Quarters.

Maris and mine's quarters was quite larger than what was on the SpringHawk. I claimed the top bunk as normal and climbed up it. I took out a needle, scissors, and some thread that I'm not sure how they came into my possession. I took my uniform out of my

22. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Sorry it took so long to reply, no internet on weekends! :_|

How sad to feel like you have to leave any semblance of happiness to keep friends safe. But I?ve often seen that backfiring when said friends come looking for you! 8-} Still, those mysterious footsteps have me curious, and I hope to find out who it was!

I will look for your updates on Fridays, but keep me on the PM list just in case.

--later--

6669 [face_devil]

23. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    I apologize for not having an update this past Friday, but my laptop won't load right or anything and that's where I have my story saved. So now I have to rewrite the next chapters. I will try to have an update this coming Friday, but my sister is visiting so I am unsure of when I will be able to work on it again so yeah. Life is hectic don't you think? I have to get an update ready for my before saga story as well, so I will be quite busy for awhile with everything I gotta do. Between volunteer work, my sister, stories, and flag/marching band I probably won't get much rest.

~Jedi A

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Sorry to ehar about your computer problems.:( Those things can be nasty critters.
    Not that I noticed much of it, being away on holiday and all.[face_blush]

A nice stranger with a blanket? Sounds good. Maybe the crew would parade up and down for you so you can identify them by step?[face_batting]

So many languages to learn. Why didn't you get stuck where they speak Standard? And what do you mean with evil Empire.:_| Mesa likes the Empire!

Whatever necessary,

Should I be worried?[face_worried]

25. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Darth Leia: How sad to feel like you have to leave any semblance of happiness to keep friends safe. But I?ve often seen that backfiring when said friends come looking for you! Still, those mysterious footsteps have me curious, and I hope to find out who it was!

yes those kind of plans do backfire alot. Though there are more ways than one that they could backfire.

I will look for your updates on Fridays, but keep me on the PM list just in case.

Fridays/Saturdays it seems. If not on Friday then on Saturday.

Lanna: Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Those things can be nasty critters.
    Not that I noticed much of it, being away on holiday and all.

fixed a spelling error. did you have fun on your holiday?

A nice stranger with a blanket? Sounds good. Maybe the crew would parade up and down for you so you can identify them by step?

that's an idea. [face_thinking] Somehow I don't think they would though.

So many languages to learn. Why didn't you get stuck where they speak Standard? And what do you mean with evil Empire. Mesa likes the Empire!

yes there are so many languages to learn. by the end of this I'll probably end up mixing them all together 8-}

and that doesn't make it any less evil.

Should I be worried?

hmmm...maaaaaaaayyyyybe O:)

------------------------------
    Sorry for being late, but I had time issues...and I lost all my data when I got my laptop to work...and then it crashed again go figure.
    ------------------------------

Chapter Seven

After awhile I drifted off to sleep without realizing it. By the time I woke up Maris was already up and ready for the day. So much for my plan to run off to make sure the nameless person didn't come after my new friends. Apparently that was not gonna happen anytime soon. Well at least I didn't have another bad dream last night. Actually I don't think I had a dream...or did I? I dunno I can't remember. So I guess I can't really know whether or not it was a bad dream if I did have a dream.

Anyways, so after I got ready for the day, Car'das showed up at the door. I only had a moment to wonder why he was there so early in the day, it was only six thirty in the morning. He informed me that it was close to time for Admiral Ar'alani to arrive. Apparently he was informed of this development as well and would be accompanying us to the welcoming ceremony. It was beginning to seem like Car'das, Maris, and myself were like Thrawn's personal entourage or something like that.

So the three of us headed down to the greeting room to meet up with the Commander. Car'das and Maris walked next to each other and spoke about things. Meanwhile I walked behind them deep in thought. There was just too many things going on to keep track of. Well I suppose I shouldn't focus on anything but the predicament I'm in. I mean I'm stuck in the GFFA with no means of getting back home. Should I really be thinking about the problems that I am unable to fix from all the way over here.

Thinking about it, it would be funny if Earth turned out to be in the same galaxy as the things from Star Wars, in the Unknown Regions. Now that would be something to inform my fellow fans of. The galaxy far, far away wouldn't seem so far if that were the case. Though the likeliness of that being true is so slim I wouldn't even imagine it. And I imagine some darn near impossible things. Anyway the GFFA being only a few light-years away probably isn't so. So a quick sweep of the Unknown Regions probably would not find me back home anytime soon.

Either way there's still the matter of Outbound Flight to take care of. There's got to be a way to keep all those Jedi and innocents from dieing and still take care of the jerk C'baoth. Oh yeah and get them to avoid running into the Vong. This is going to be a long day I just know it is. So many factors to figure into my plan to keep certain events from going the same as they did in the books. I mean, I?m here and I know I can do somet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.