main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Real World - Padmé Vignette ROTS

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rhonderoo, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/realworld.jpg]

[b]The Real World[/b]

Author: rhonderoo
    Rating: PG
    Pairing: Anakin/Padmé
    Type: ROTS
    Genre: Drama - Vignette
    Summary: Padmé?s musings while Anakin is away.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, and and no money is being made on this story.

I?ve been walking the apartment all day in my apprehension and loneliness, it seems. These days, not a minute goes by when I don?t wonder where exactly in the Outer-Rim you are or when you are coming back. The days drag by when you are away, and and fly away when you are here.

Things have changed here so much, Ani. Palpatine has his protracters, and from a distance I can see where they would feel that he needs to give up his powers. They would say that the time has come for the Senate to take back control. Bail is one of those people and I understand where he is coming from, Ani ? I really do. But I know Palpatine will let this go eventually, it appears if he is becoming more open to the idea already. Most in the Senate don?t know him like I do. He appreciates frank speech and a willingness to get things done. Maybe that?s why we?ve always seen eye to eye. Lately, I?ve been playing referee or facilitator in the Loyalist Committee sessions with him. Even Mon Mothma has begun to harbor suspicions. It drains me in ways I never thought possible.

All of this means nothing when I get home, to our apartment, at the end of the day. I find that I do not care as much about the machinations of the political scene anymore, Ani. I just want to be at home, on Naboo, with you. I?ve been trying to keep up with where you are without giving too much away, but like you said the last time we were together, it just doesn?t seem as important anymore to keep it a secret. Our lives should be together and now that we?ve made our decision to put our duties aside when the war ends, I?ve noticed we both are more at peace with our place in life. If only the war would end.

When you return, you?ll see that we have even more reason to come out, if you will, and let the world know that it is only the two of us that matter to the both of us now. Well, the three of us. I find myself wanting to giggle uncontrollably in one breath when I think I am carrying our child. [i]Our child.[/i] At the same time, I worry so much for you and for us. I worry because the galaxy isn?t a friendly place anymore. But I know you will do everything in your power to protect us and in that we are safe, you would give your life for those you love. This baby is a sign. A sign that the decision you and I made to go home to Naboo after the war, is the [i]right[/i] one.

At first, I felt that we were shirking our duties, but I now see that we have duties of our own. Palpatine and the Jedi can have this galaxy. I so hate the selfishness that I feel with that statement, but it is the truth. I just want our home on Naboo, with our child. When you told me you wanted the same thing and that we would go, I could almost feel my heart bursting with happiness. The first taste of freedom in years. No duties but to my husband and my child, the loves of my life.

And even though you haven?t heard about the baby yet, I know you will feel this is even more reason, as I do. I can?t wait to be able to tell you our news. My family will be so excited. You will be so excited. I?ve had dreams of telling you and I always wake smiling.

How different I am than the girl who landed on Tatooine. I?ve grown up. I?ve also grown weary. I am ready to hand over the reigns of the galaxy to those who have the fortitude to give up their family and their lives. I?ve become selfish. I?ve become human. I?ve become a wife.

Imagine that.

If Sola could see me now.

I smile to myself as I think of my sister and her wishes for me to be a whole woman.

[i]How?s this Sola? See where the negligee got me?[/i]

And with a strapping Jedi husband at that.

Now this extracts a giggle. I know, Ani. I am

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Beautiful cover art. :D

How?s this Sola? See where the negligee got me?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The entire second paragraph made me wince, but I suppose that was the point. Well done!

The rest just made go awwww. [face_love]

As I'm fighting the flu and unable to sleep, it was great to find this posted. Just what I needed to cheer me up, the Palpatine is a good guy paragraph aside, of course.

Great job, rhonderoo :)

JD.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *standing ovation*

(You know why, my friend. ;))

=D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Again, you amaze me! A lovely introspection! I think you captured Padme's thoughts and feelings perfectly.

How different I am than the girl who landed on Tatooine. I?ve grown up. I?ve also grown weary. I am ready to hand over the reigns of the galaxy to those who have the fortitude to give up their family and their lives. I?ve become selfish. I?ve become human. I?ve become a wife.

Imagine that.

If Sola could see me now.

I smile to myself as I think of my sister and her wishes for me to be a whole woman.

How?s this Sola? See where the negligee got me?

And with a strapping Jedi husband at that.

Now this extracts a giggle. I know, Ani. I am being bad. So bad. But I think you would laugh. I know you would laugh. You always laugh, because you know my soul. You make me human. And I make you human. Oh, how we changed in the past few years. Another smile. I don?t care. I don?t care one bit. This line of thinking just makes me miss you even more. I check the chrono again. Isn?t it time for your call?

I must admit, that was my favorite part! That touch of humor that is shared between a couple. =D=

5. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Nice! Interesting to see how Padme is defending Palpatine at this point. I am sure it did take quite a bit for her to see him for what he was.

6. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Wow. I am completely speechless. I love the way you make Padme so human in this story. It is really nice to read a point of view where she has resolved what is really important in life, aside from duty. Awesome, awesome job!!

7. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Awwwww....what a wonderful viggie! I loved how you got into Padme's thoughts and made her very human. It's humerous and also very insightful at the same time.

Oh and btw....I love your signature! :D:D

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    All I had to tide me over until you could make it to a comm unit for one of your weekly calls. Now I have something else. I smile at the thought of you holding a son and laugh at the fact that three years ago, I was trying to pretend that we could live without each other.

So heartbreaking. This was a wonderful glimpse into how Padme must have felt, worrying and waiting for Anakin to come home safely to her.

Loved the humor also. It was a lovely surprise amidst the tension and angst.

An excellent viggie!

9. isola

isola Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2004
    Bravo! You wrote Padme's voice perfectly, and I love the humor.

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    JDH3 - Thanks for reading! Yeah, the part about Palpatine is supposed to be a little disturbing. :( Padme isn't stupid, but she is very loyal. And Palpatine even has the Jedi fooled.

Trace - Thank you! [:D]

VaderLVR - [face_blush] Thanks for the kind words. and congratulations on your awards! Very well deserved. :) If you look at the meadow scene you can tell that these two make each other laugh, if no one else does. I like stepping back sometimes and remembering that for all of their trials, there were times when they were just a married couple - like any other married couple. Especially later on in their brief marriage. They probably bickered and laughed and all the other things married couples do, but they loved each other above anything or anyone else and were willing to sacrifice for each other. I'm glad George brought that aspect of Luke and Leia's parentage out, the "normalness" despite the doomed fate. If that makes sense... 8-} Thanks again for reading!

BorkenNose - Thank you! :) Padmé is as respected by Palpatine as anyone can be, I have the feeling and she gives him the benefit of the doubt because of his station. It's interesting in the Labyrinth of Evil book that when talking to her casually he still refers to her as "Your Highness". That's why his betrayal of her is just as bad as his betrayal of Anakin. :(

JediMasterRev - Thank you! [face_blush] I don't think Padmé gets enough just being human even in the movies. She's a hard character to get to know, yet she has probably the most (IMO) effect on outcome of things through her connection to Anakin. Little did we know just how important Luke and Leia's mother would be in their father's life. Thanks again for reading!!!

BrownEyes blue - Thank you! :) My sig was a post uttered by a fellow poster on 3SA (Anakanned Food) on the difference of views between the OT Jedi and the PT Jedi on sex and love. He used my sig as the reference for the PT views. [face_laugh]

Gina - Thank you! :) And congratulations to you also! I loved To Kneel Before My Master. Great Vader vig!!! :)

isola - [:D] Thanks for the compliment. IMO Padme can be hard to write. She has more walls than the Jedi Temple and is very noble, but it can come across as condescending I think, or at least it has in some of my attempts at getting her down. :p Thanks again for reading!!!

I really must do some serious A/P mush next. This puts me in the mood for that because there is no mush like A/P mush. [face_love]

11. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    What a great viggie! [face_love] Loved it. I like seeing some glimpses of Anakin and Padmé's married life...

And I definitely need some A/P mush... ;)

Edit: Oh and the cover art is beautiful...

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I loved the thoughts on the negligee and stalker mode.

13. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Nie little fic. I loved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.