1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Realm of Darkness: Ultimate Fantasy

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by greyjedi125, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Michealle (Ur-Karpathos, The Dark City, Old Residential Quarter)

Michealle was actually having fun watching those little mice, run, like their pants were on fire. As she walked, she mentally picked out a few young girls who could actually use the coin, and make a living. To her discuss, she seen a few boys who may have some magical abilities in them, but they can crawl to the depths of hell, before she would take them on.

Her robes swished and swirled, around her as she walked, in complete satifaction that she was not one of them. She was taken from her parents many years ago, and now as she looked back, she was glad. Over the past few years, when her master was still alive, she had sneaked into the chambers and looked into his magic mirror, which got broken during her take over. Now she could not see what her parents were doing and even her new brother. She mentally shook that off, and continued to walk on. Though with in a few minutes after getting started again, someone called out.

"Turn around and face me magiker, let us have ourselves a test of art and see who is the greater. Refuse me at your peril. I, Mournshade, challenges you." Said a young man.

She could tell it was a man, but not the age completely. She was guessing around the late teens to early twenties, but it was a male. Michealle mentally cringed at the thought a male had the guts to challenge her. Not looking back, "What do you want boy? Are even sure you can take me whelp?" Now she turned around to look at the man, then laughted. "You," she said pointing at him. "You might mess those nice clothes up, and have nothing to wear to your grave." She had noticed that now, they were basically alone there in the street. Though the eyes of the locals, were almost seen, by the sparkle from the candle lights. She lightly stepped back more towards the large hay stack, that was now behind her.

Trying to keep his attention, she spoke agian. "So you want to challange me to a duel of magic? What is my prize when I win? I hope it is not a small bag of gold. Or," holding up a finger, "Or one of your cheap magic tricks that you happen to know." While she spoke, she started to tap her finger. "So, what is it going to be young man? I figure your mom would hate to loose a nasty looking boy like you, would she?" A small sinister luagh came from her lips, as two deadly snakes slid down her leg, and into the hay.

Then suddenly she spoke sharply, to bring any loose attention back to her eyes, "Speak, or I will fry you here!"

TAG: Everyone (greyjedi125)

OOC:Just seeing who was awake. ;)
  2. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4
    Maeglin----Haunted Woods----Main Path, Passage Perilous

Finally a repsonse form the figure ahead. "You will soon enter the domain of Necrosgolgoth traveller and ahead lay the Black Walls of the Dark City of Ur-Karpathos. You said: Meet with us, yet I see only you. Who is....and where is, your travelling companion?" It did not take long for Maeglin to realize Aosoth had truly vanished and Maeglin has been foolish for mentioning such, rarely did he ever make such a mistake... though quickly his response came forth.

Very well. We seek no quarrel with you sir. Ahead we will travel and be on our way to Necrosgolgoth .

Maeglin skirted the issue of Aosoth and began to pace forward on the path. He had again used "we" on purpose this time, not trying to hide it now that he had used the term. Though Maeglin hoped the figure would not press the issue, he sensed far too much peering in on him. And currently conflict was not among his things to do list... getting to Necrosgolgoth was. Though Maeglin had the erie feeling that no matter how he had just handled the situation it was going to end ugly. Unfortunate for them. Maeglin gripped his staff slightly harder as he used it to walk with, subtly preparing channeling energy into it. While the curved short sword remained cloaked under his robes.

greyjedi125
  3. DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Master

star 4
    Shadowmancer, greyjedi125, LadyFireStorm, Master_Valar

Necrosgolgoth, Dominion of the Dark, Northern Callanthorith

There was a silence within the room, a deadly quiet that spoke volumes. A lord of the most powerful House in the land spoke not a request, but a clear statement of what would be done. Vandranok did not ask, or profess as to what should occur so much as he acted; he quite completely expected utter cooperation from those he addressed. Yet perhaps it was less cooperation and more obedient respect that he commanded, that, or the alternative of swift judgement by his hand.

His will was an extension of the influence of his House. A command from Lord Vandranok of the House of Blight was a command from the House of Blight, and carried almost as great a weight as if spoken by Lord Blight himself. Such commanding authority demanded attention, yet Vandranok's tone was pleasantly formal. He held no desire to spit orders for submission, but rather to maintain, at the very least, a modicum of peace; tradition required that Nocturnes were civil, except perhaps in war, and survival, after all.

Despite his influence, or perhaps because of it, the air within the room was filled with a tension so thick that even Nocturne canines might be hard pressed to tear through it. As the cosmos would have it, the Dark Lady intervened. Her presence seemed fitting under the circumstances, and much of the former tension seemed washed away when she spoke. What she proposed, oddly enough, was a dance.

She joined in Vandranok's toast, and, then, with a nod toward the musicians this night, and a careful whisper, said, "Would you care to dance, Lord Vandranok?" Her words were in the ancient tongue, a language Vandranok learned long ago, upon his rebirth.

The Nocturne Lord took Al'terla's hand, and bowed his head as a gentleman should. His arms rose to the air where for a brief moment they remained arched, his fingers outstretched, their tips like claws reaching for the female before him. It was a haunting pose, if not also predatory, just as it was the beginning of this particular dance, which he knew so perfectly well.

A moment passed, and Vandranok moved to an unseen rhythm, in harmony with both the music, and his present companion.

4. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    OOC: Hi guys ... as a matter of courtesy, may I invite you to take a look over my character currently running in the world of Men (that is, the informational thread of the UF.) I only advise the same as I'm aware of the possible impact such a character (which is, I might add, GM approved) may or may not have on the game world in the months to come. Many thanks! :)
  5. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Michealle Sow Necromancer, (Ally ways)

Michealle watched the young man, carfully. "So boy, do you really think that your magic is stronger or faster than mine? Or you hoping that since I am a female, will back down to you?" Her smile curled into a sneer of comptemt. "You have no idea who are messing with. Or do you? If you do, than you should know that your powers are below my notice." Rubbing her chin with an index finger, that the finger nail was painted coal black, that did not reflect.

Her two snakes made their own way towards the young man, who challenged their queen and master. They did not speak in the terms we do, but they knew each other's thoughts and plans. One went, up a pole outside everyone's sight, while the other continued to make its way to the man.

"Speak now, boy, or I will just kill you as you stand, dumb."

TAG: greyjedi125
  6. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Maeglin

Haunted Woods_Main Path, Passage Perilous

"You will soon enter the domain of Necrosgolgoth traveller and ahead lay the Black Walls of the Dark City of Ur-Karpathos. You said: Meet with us, yet I see only you. Who is....and where is, your travelling companion?"

After posing the question, the hooded figure, though shadowed, eyed Maeglin intently, as it continued to measure him up as well as his response. To which Maeglin answered:

"Very well. We seek no quarrel with you sir. Ahead we will travel and be on our way to Necrosgolgoth."

Maeglin began to pace forward on the path, gripping his staff harder as he used it to walk.

The hooded figure did not budge from it's spot in the road.

" I think you misunderstand, traveller." The hooded figure said, a slight edge in his tone was now detectable.

"To attempt to enter the Dark City 'unseen' or 'undetected' is considered a challenge. Especially when such attempts at stealth are discovered. We have responded to this challenge....that is, if your companion insist in remaining concealed for the duration."

Maeglin could not see the hooded figure's face as t smirked, for he too had used the 'we' form, even though it was only he who was visible as it were.

"Furthermore..." the hooded figure continued, "...It is nearly Midnight. That is the only moment the Black Gates are closed to outsiders."

An uneasy pause followed as the hooded figure took a step forward.

"So, I will ask one more time. Where is your travelling companion?"

This time the question sounded like the demand it truly was, however, the hooded figure made no other motion or said another word as he waited for Maeglin to comply.

Tag: Dragonsith13

Asyel

Haunted Woods Entrance

Focused and undeterred, Asyel continued forth on the path that would lead him to the Haunted Woods. His determination was fierce, but even so, he would find that it would be tested. Sooner than he realised it, the road he was on was filled with thick mist, so much so that it was waist high and impossible to penetrate visually. It even looked as if it were alive.

All around him and to either side of him, the forest had become a dense tangle of gnarled and foreboding looking trees. No doubt Asyel could see some abandoned carriages along the road and even some being swallowed by the forest. What stories would such objects tell, if only there was enough time to 'listen'.

Finally, he made it to the main road entrance, where the infamous sign stood like a spectre, darkly greening unwary travellers.

It read:

'If the lands beyond, are your destination
    then keep your feet firmly planted upon the path's station
    for if your feet, should lose their way
    your life, you could forfeit this day.'

Near it, a shrine like altar stood. It was a simple and unasuming structure. Upon it, several gold coins lay. It was hard to tell how long the shrine had been there, for it looked unweathered.

Another sign, this one written on the side of rotting carriage was more to the point.

'ABANDON ALL HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER' it read. Clearly a detractor.

Past that point, the Haunted Forest loomed, dark and sinister as it swallowed up the main road within itself. No sound came from there, though it seemed that many unseen eyes were watching.

All Asyel had to do to get to the Dark City, was traverse the Haunted Forest...if he dared.

Tag: Darth_Sabith, (LFS )

Michaelle Sow & Mournshade

Ur-Karpathos, The Dark City, Old Residential Quarter

Unbeknownst to both spellcasters, a hooded figure had appeared atop a roof on a nearby building overlooking the back alleyway.

Young Mournshade had issued a reckless challenge to Michaelle inside the city walls. Even though they were located in an alleyway away from the main byways, it was still against the rules
  7. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Michealle

Michealle knew she hit a nerve, but not good enough to distrupe his concetration. A blinding flash of lights came at her, and with no protection spells on. Why would she have such protection here in the allies. These peasents were useless than a piece of straw.

Now she was stumbling back, towards a barn's pillar. She almost slammed into it, but a saving hand stopped her, but she also lost a finger nail, which she will not notice sometime after the fight. If she lived that long. She cape's snakes fell from where they were, and withered in pain. Since they were connected to her magically. They withered and squirmed, but just as dangerous as when they were doing their own thing.

She was blinded to the point of using hearing, tough and smell as her eyes, and that was not good. She had to move, or be destroyed.

8. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Michaelle Sow & Mournshade

Ur-Karpathos, The Dark City, Old Residential Quarter

Mournshade watched with satisfaction as his opponent stumbled backward, having been successfully caught by his Color Spray spell. Now moving closer to Michaelle in order to maintain the same distance as before, the eager young sorcerer made sure to stay afloat, not wanting anything to do with the snakes he saw coming out of her. He'd found the sight of it quite distasteful.

Stopping inside of 5 meters distance from the stunned and temporarily blinded female, Mournshade began to prepare another spell. His hands moved in patterns as he began to form the spell in his mind and then with his mouth.

In his mind he heard himself say "Telum frigus", but his ears did not perceive what his mouth should have spoken. Mournshade's eyes went wide in surprise as he felt the magical energies dissipate and he exclaimed outloud, but once again there was no sound.

Mournshade looked about wildly, not knowing what could have gone wrong. His Ray of Frost should have worked perfectly, but obviously something or someone had interfered.

With sudden realization dawning on him, Mournshade froze. He could hear nothing. Not his voice, not the surroundings. Someone had casted a silence spell on him and he knew it hadn't been the female. Suddenly, real fear gripped him as his eyes looked up. His dark eyes beheld a darkly robed figure slowly descending from the rooftops. The hooded figure's dark robes flowed as it came down to the ground.

Mournshade exclaimed once again, but inaudibly. He immediately saw the tell-tale sigil emblazoned on the left side of the dark robe. The silver lightning bolt across a runic circle was the symbol of the Arkanium. These wizards and sorcerers were something like the mystic police in the Dark City. They were keepers of the Mystic laws and also acted as enforcers. The Arkanium enjoyed the support of the Grand Magister, which only emboldened them. Of course, they had no jurisdiction over the Nocturne which inhabited the city. That was a long standing fact.

Mournshade reacted on instinct and tried to float away as fast as possible. Less than a heartbeat passed before he fell to the ground. He was horrified.

"What in...!?"

Mournshade heard his own voice and was surprised by it. He turned quickly at the sound of a spell being cast and tried to react, but found himself paralyzed in mid motion. He could not move or speak and knew he was in deep trouble.

"Mournshade Skaar..." The robed figure said darkly, slowly walking up to the paralyzed young sorcerer. "You have broken several mystic laws within this city and transgressed against our ways this night. You know that Duels of Arts Magika are generally forbidden within the city walls. To compound matters, you issue a challenge without stating conditions.....that speaks very poorly of your character."

The robed figure regarded the unmoving Mournshade with mild curiosity. His expression remained unchanged as he spotted a tear running down the young sorcerer's cheek.

"Furthermore, You magically assault your opponent without officially initiating the contset of arts, no doubt in the hopes of scoring a surprise attack. To your credit, however, both your spells were well casted and you showed good form."

The robed figure offered the entirety of his words in the same impassive tone.

"By my estimation you are out of balance. You have three demerits against two merits in your favour, which means that you must do compulsory penance."

Mournshade's eyes went wild as he wanted to scream or move, but could do neither. He struggled with greater desperation as the robed figure came to stand beside him. The Arkanium sorcerer spoke a few words, and a light began to engulf both of them.

Mournshade was finally able to let out a strangled scream!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

His voice echoed all throughout the back alleyway, long after both figures disappeared in a blinding flash.

Only after so
  9. HunterPrime Force Ghost

star 1
    The Dark Lady Al'terla, Nocturne Mistress Matahari Viudos Estate

Well. This night was turning into something quite interesting indeed. She had asked Lord Vandranok to dance, and with a grace born of several hundereds year, he accepted. The Nocturne Lord took Al'terla's hand, and bowed his head as a gentleman should. His arms rose to the air where for a brief moment they remained arched, his fingers outstretched, their tips like claws reaching for the female before him. It was a haunting pose, if not also predatory, just as it was the beginning of this particular dance, which he knew so perfectly well. The music started playing as requested, and within moments, the pair were dancing with a grace that would seem to suggest they were gliding.

Al'terla felt the tension within the room droop some as she could hear polite clapping, which was initiated by Mistress Viudos herself. And it was most gratifing indeed to notice that the Grand Magister walked over and requested if the Mistress would grant him a dance. With a firey flash of her eyes, Al'terla gave a smile, as she completed her dance with the dark predator, and Lord Vandranok. And she doubted that ANY would dare disobey his words now. And midnight was fast approaching. Even as she spun around the dancefloor, she was aware of several things happening within her own domain. And even more so of events swiftly approaching Mistress Viudos estate. But for now the Dark Lady simply danced, as time ticked by. The stroke of midnight was fast approaching, which none could forget, was the time when all creatures of Necrosgolgoth payed homage to the Dark Dragon with their own personal votive ritual. Al'terla had not forgotten however. For on this night, this hour of the wolf, would be so much more to many within the diffrent relms. As the music finished their last strains, Al'terla gave a sweeping low bow to Lord Vandranok. With a smile she retrieved her cup she had been drinking from eariler, and moved to pour herself another drink. With a fresh drink, she held herself at the table.

Soon.

Tag: Shadowmancer, Valar, Vixen, DarkSide_Apprentice
  10. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4

"I think you misunderstand, traveller." Maeglin kept his pace stead. Aosoth was out there unseen, she would not reveal herself... she did not need to however. They did not need to see each other. For their link and bond was much stronger. Maeglin projected his thougths to Aosoth whom he knew would instantly pick them up as if they were speaking to one another in front of each other. "To attempt to enter the Dark City 'unseen' or 'undetected' is considered a challenge. Especially when such attempts at stealth are discovered. We have responded to this challenge....that is, if your companion insist in remaining concealed for the duration."

Mistress I need your eyes. What surrounds us?

She moved as shadow a demon, there would be little way of them to even know Aosoth was roaming around the path, gathering and observing what she could... inevitably feeding the information back to Maeglin.

Maeglin did not ignore the words, but his concentration was elsewhere. "Furthermore..." The hooded figure continued to speak though Maeglin continued towards him building up himself in case it was brought to fist and foot. "...It is nearly Midnight. That is the only moment the Black Gates are closed to outsiders." Maeglin was only a few meters away now. "So, I will ask one more time. Where is your travelling companion?" The words hung in the air as an uneasiness surrounded them.

Maeglin gritted his teeth as a sinister scowl formed under his hood. Perhaps they had no idea that very shortly Maeglin would know whom he was really dealing with Aosoth would be able to see how many their were, and where. Thus Maeglin could act accordingly and put this delay behind them. Unless Maeglin has miscalculated, it would be very simple and the advantage would soon shift in Aosoth and his favor.

Aosoth---- Haunted Woods----Main Path, Passage Perilous

Aosoth roamed nearly invisible as less than a shadow, something much more fearsome then most people knew when they first encountered her. With her extremely acute and supernatural senses she scanned the area, spotting Maeglin approaching the main figure, as she scanned back and forth. Focusing on trees, pearing through them almost completely... picking up heat signatures... it was all available to her. If anything surrounded them she would know.

greyjedi125

11. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Michealle (Ally)

Between the crashing through things, and screams from her oppenet(ms), she had deducted that something had happened to him. It took many minutes for her sight to fully come back, but she stood alone in the dirty, rat infested street. Wonderment crossed her features, as she looked around. "How did I survive that duel, and where did my....." She let the subject drop and looked at the few staring eyes, that looked back. They were few and far between, but they were eyes that could talk common.

Finding one that would not lie to her, openly, "Come here girl, and come quickly. Or....", now with the spell that would have destroyed the stupid boy, burned in her hand. "Come now, and live, or die like the rodent that you are." She had no problems in killing anyone, she just hated to kill the one that had some magic ability to her. The girl was dressed in rags of the poor, but Michealle, could see the buetiy that she held behind it all.

TAG: Anyone.
  12. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Maeglin & Aosoth

Haunted Woods_Main Path, Passage Perilous

Aosoth was clearly an extraordinary being of extraorinary origins and abilities. And for a being such as she, owner of a long existance, experience had been a great teacher. Aosoth acted as she did, with good reason.

Through her abilities she remained cloaked from most creatures, for very few could spy her against her will. While hidden from view, Aosoth looked about, seeing what she would learn and what would be revealed through her preternatural vision. That which she discovered would be most interesting.

The Haunted Woods was a great place of magical power. The everpresent mist that shrouded the area was in itself magical. To Aosoth it appeared as a multicolored haze that diffused any details from the surrounding area. Seeing anything beyond ten meters in any detail was a futile effort. The mist was simply too thick as it seemed to cover areas of interest, consequently acting as an effective countermeasure to prying eyes and keeping the secrets of the Haunted Woods...secret.

As for the darkly robed figure that spoke with her servant Maeglin, he too affected a cloaking aura, but his she could penetrate.

With her vision, Aosoth could see the beings preternatural aura. It was large and powerful. It was the aura of a Nocturne. An undead creature with fierce supernatural abilities.

Besides his own abilities, the hooded being also possesed the aura of one versed in the ways of magiks, in addition to several magical items on his person. Not far from him, his equally robed and powerful companion watched the conversation with Maeglin while perched high upon a tree. The second creature looked about as if looking for Aosoth, but it was clear that he could not espy her.

After her initial scan it was clear to Aosoth that one of the hooded creatures alone would prove more than a match for her servant. Maeglin was formidable indeed, but to go against both beings would be folly. Of course, Aosoth's involvement would quickly and easily turn the balance in their favour, but doing so would likely comfirm her presence and end her stealthed journey.

Could a confrontation be avoided? Was this always the way?

As if that were not enough, the perpetual darkness of Ur-karpathos had another surprise for Aosoth to behold. Once again her Vision revealed what was not perceivable through natural means. North of their position, a great red haze seemed to settle over the entire area just north of them. It covered the enitre skyline and it seemed to pulse with life an a terrible power, as black arcs of lightning coruscated all through it. There was no mistaking the primal and fundamental darkness emanating from the enormous red haze which Aosoth alone seemed to percieve.

What it signified however, was a total mystery.

Below her the hooded figure took a step towards Maeglin.

Michaelle

Ur-Karpathos, The Dark City, Old Residential Quarter alley

"Come here girl, and come quickly. Or...."

The young girl gasped in surprised for she thought she was well hidden away from view, but apparently that was not the case. Her curiosity had gotten the best of her at the impending duel of art, but what she saw happen had frightened her. The boy mage was taken away screaming and the sound still echoed in her mind.

For one brief moment it seemed that someone else had it worse than she did.

Then she'd seen the witch woman. Prehaps she had some copper pieces she could use to buy a piece of bread. The witch woman seemed out of it, but the young girl was uncertain. What if she was faking it? She'd made a promise to herself not to fall for that trick again.

But as she gathered enough courage to avail herself of the witch woman's coin purse, it seemed her window of opportunity had vanished. Just as she rose, the witch woman had seen her and commanded her to approach, else there would be punishment. The young girl wanted to bolt and run, but
  13. HunterPrime Force Ghost

star 1
    The Dark Lady Al'terla - Necrosgolgoth, Ur-Karpathos, The Dark City, Nocturne Mistress Matahari Viudos Estate

After her enchanting dance with Lord Vandranok and a round of applause from the invited guests, The Dark Lady gracefully walked over to have her cup refilled by one of the many servants instructed to attend her personally. Once they had given her her drink, she nodded and with a wisk of her hands, moved away towards the window.

As she slowly sipped on her drink, Al'terla noticed the envoy from the Coven of Euthanos slowly approaching her. She turned slowly, her eyes taking in the new arrival. He walked slowly, seemingly unnoticed by the guests around them, save a few. The hunters, to be specific. But even as he stepped forth, his pace seemed to slow even more as the bell towers all over the Dark City began to ring as one, announcing the hour of the Dark Dragon.

Al'terla whisper of a smile grew, as she heard the bells continued to ring throughtout the city as they did everynight, however on the seventh ring, everyone within the Viudos Grand Hall seemed to be frozen in place. Almost everyone. She recognized the spell. Her smile slipped from her face, as she turned fully now, eyes intent on her quary. A reddish haze seemed to permeate the grand hall at that moment as gusts of red mist flitted about the room, chasing coruscating arcs of black lightning. A profound stillness that could be said to be deafening. A momet later, footfalls like the ones caused by knights in full armour echoed through the hall in long ringing tones. An armoured figure moved within the red haze, approaching the Dark Lady. Al'terla held her stance.

"Welcome and Long Night to you Dark Lady of the Haunted Woods..." The voice, full of strength. The man before her held a dangerously, yet graciously sounding male voice as he spoke. The sound seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere simultaneously as the armoured figure came into view. The tall figure in blackest plate armour, horned grand helmet and flowing dark red cape stood revealed before the Dark Lady. "I, Sovereign Lord Avernus Blight of Necrosgolgoth, greets you and welcomes you to this Dark Realm. I am honored by your presence great lady, and I bid you spare a moment to parlay."

The Sovereign Lord graced the Dark Lady with a courtly bow which she returned, with equal grace and movement. She spoke no words, but gave a slight nod of her head. She then turned, and moved accross the room with a quiet grace. Even thought time had seemed to stop, in truth it marched on in silence. But it marched on before their eyes alone. She was quite honored indeed, but that would have to wait. For now she had somthing that must be done, no matter who stood before her. With another smile, she turned to the window, and held up her hand. Time itself commander her attentions now.

11:59PM

As the hands of an unseen clock, made their way towards their appointed hour, Al'terla looked out the window. She stood silent, looking out within the darkness. Or perhaps, she was looking within. So intense was her gaze, that few would dare to disturb her silent virgil. The Dark Lady inhaled softly, as she felt a warmth that seemed to spread out. Yes, the time was near. For those who might be watching her, she stood, looking out the windows, for only a moment, before she turned back, eyes dark and silent, to watch the entertainment within the Nocturne's abode. But for Al'terla, the time that passed was much longer. It was the breath within the moment of an eternity.

Midnite

The hour of Reckoning has at last fallen upon the many gatherings. And Al'terla could feel them all. Back home, the pool outside of her home began to give off an errie light. Another site, high within the moutains, also began its own pulse, as if something was coming alive within. High above, Ba'thor and Lilal could feel the magic than resonated in the small chest that the Al'terla have given them. With that, Ba'thor began to glow, with an unearthly light, the glow turning his hoves and horn and deep re
  14. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Michealle (Ur-Karpathos, The Dark City, Old Residential Quarter alley)

She watched the small child come forth, afriad, but she still came. That in itself pleased her greatly, and her grim look, turned into a smile. She was pitiful to look at, all in rags, and nothing to show her the way. Michealle guessed that the girl stole, and theived for years on her own, and probily had no father or mother, and thinking back, it actually sadden her.

Michealle was about to start asking questions, but the bell started to ring in the midnight hour. Michealle turned around, and looked up in the direction of the tower. "Midnight, and yet I have done nothing as of....", her thoughts were broken, by a cry from the crates behind her. She turned so fast, that her robes bellowed out, like a dancing dress.

"Where is she...!" It sounded angry and made by a stupid male. Shaking her head, mouthing "male". She looked in that direction, and motioned for the man. "Well meet stranger, since everyone knows where you are, why not just tell me who you are looking for? Then I can help you call for this female, that you are looking for. Her tone was low, and smooth. "So tell me good sir, what is your pitiful name first, then we can go from there."

15. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4

"Where is your travelling companion?" The words still hung in Maeglin's mind he could feel the connection between him and Aosoth strengthen briefly and risking exposure only subtle hints gave Maeglin the ket pieces to the mystery that he needed. Clearly if they wanted to continue on their path and journey, this situation would become far more agressive. Maeglin still did not know the creatures strengths, and it was a situation that he did not relish.

Maeglin could feel Aosoth manuevering, though the creatures thought they were aware that an additional being escaped their current gaze. Maeglin knew Aosoth's advatage was being the mystery that she was right now, and even a dangerous situation like now did now warrent her exposing herself.

The Nocturne in the tree was the real problem, Maeglin could stall and handle this one. Aosoth distract the Nocturne in the tree! Maeglin knew she would remain hidden but a brief distraction would give Maeglin the time he needed. The power that was built up that Maeglin was now storing, was now ready to be put forth through his staff. A spark of energy flew from Maeglins waist as he flashed a bit of dust which errupted in a flash. Maeglin reeled back and to the side of the Nocturne, putting four things in line. Himself, the nocturne before him, the tree nocturne and Aosoth.

Reeling back Maeglin made a motion of surprise and threw on a face of fear as he coward slightly acting as if his burst and flash of energy should have consummed the Nocture. It was not suppose to, it had only been designed to draw the first Nocture's attention soley on Maeglin and possibly draw him into thinking Maeglin had made a mistake...

--------------------

Aosoth----Haunted Woods----Main Path, Passage Perilous

Aosoth moved with blinding speed hidden flying through the air, up towards the tree. Having identified her target she went full force into the abyss of combat. A woosh of air would hit the Nocturne in the tree not an intended attack, merely a by product of Aosoth racing by him dodging limbs on her way to her target.

Slicing through a large limb above the Nocturne Aosoth had to balance her power in screening her appearance as well as allocating enough energy to sheer to massive limb directly above the Nocturne. The limb was heavy enough crush a creature of Maeglin, and the Nocturne's size if all went well it would pin or partially pin the creature down. However dislodging it and taking its focus off Maeglin for now was the key ingredient. Aosoth attempted to disappear in the mist again, refocusing her power to covering herself in shadow. She could not risk another such attempt her slave Maeglin was now on his own.

greyjedi125
  16. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Michealle

"Where is she...!?" A male voice shouted, loudly, angrily. It was looking for something and it sounded frustrated. Obviously it wasn't finding what it sought.

The blue eyed girl looked at the witch woman with her big eyes. A plea etched upon her face. She heard the witch woman say the word "male" with a contempt that made her fast beating heat skip with a glimmer of hope.

The boisterous male finally rounded the corner and saw his prize. He grinned maliciously, and was about to take a step forward when he suddenly stopped. His beady eyes fell upon the witch woman and his eyes narrowed to slits. He looked at her as if she were the most foul of thieves. He was a large man, balding, smelly and unkempt. His beard was more like a bristling nest. He snarled, partially showing his yellowed teeth. His big meaty hands slowly turned to massive fists.

"Well met stranger, since everyone knows where you are, why not just tell me who you are looking for? Then I can help you call for this female, that you are looking for." Michaelle's tone was low, and smooth. "So tell me good sir, what is your pitiful name first, then we can go from there."

"I've already found what I was looking for!! So get away from 'er you vile thief! She's mine! I don't owe ya nothing witch! Just leave!"

The big man hunched over in a threatening posture and took one solid step forward, measuring the witch's reaction. The blue eyed girl whimpered and quickly moved behind Michaelle, gripping her leg as if for dear life.

Events continued unfold in the alleyway as fate decreed. The participants never knowing that time had stopped all around them and resumed once again. They weren't meant to be aware of these things, so in essence, it never did for them.

Tag: Jedi_Killeroak

Maeglin & Aosoth

Haunted Woods: Main Path, Passage Perilous

Cenotaph, the Elite Talon dealing directly with the newcomer did not react to Maeglin's feigned attack. Strangely enough, his own powers of Auspex could not pierce Maeglin's concealments , but it revealed that his supposed attack was ill-suited to do him any damage whatsoever. The stranger's actions were odd, for if he only feigned an attack, then what was the real purpose behind this action. Inside the shadow of his hood, Cenotaph's eyes narrowed, even though he found the information useful.

"I will not ask you again..." Cenotaph began saying with a warning tone, when suddenly, he stopped in his tracks. He meant to take a step towards Maeglin, but arrested his movements. He did not turn around, or gave much away as something did catch his attention. Behind him, a large tree limb caused a ruckus as it fell and crashed down through breaking tree branches and fell to earth cacophonously.

The silence that permeated the Haunted Woods had been disturbed.

Not too far away within the trees, Sepulchre, the other Elite Talon was able to employ his gift of celerity to escape the massive tree limb and the subsequent collapse of other limbs and branches all around it. With a speed faster than chained lightning, the Nocturne was able to move to a safe distance away. Immediately he also employed Auspex to reveal any auras that may pinpoint what caused the massive limb to fall. He knew that something or someone has sheared off the massive limb off the tree. The wind gust it created as it passed had been warning enough, but Sepulcher was unable to 'see'. This he reported to his counterpart; Cenotaph.

"You FOOL!!" Cenotaph roared angrily at Maeglin.

"You DARE to make mischief within the Dark Lady's realm!!??"

Now Cenotaph approached Maeglin and stood before him.

"I should leave you here to be destroyed by her servants, or the Dark Lady herself!" he declared, his eyes glowing beneath the dark hood, never leaving Maeglin. The disturbance would surely attract the attention of a host of Barb
  17. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Michealle

"Well met stranger, since everyone knows where you are, why not just tell me who you are looking for? Then I can help you call for this female, that you are looking for." Michaelle's tone was low, and smooth. "So tell me good sir, what is your pitiful name first, then we can go from there."

"I've already found what I was looking for!! So get away from 'er you vile thief! She's mine! I don't owe ya nothing witch! Just leave!"

As the man hunched over into a fighting stance, she quickly told the girl to get behind or perish. Then she turned, and called a simple spell of "Slick". Pulling out a thing pig's fat, and threw it onto the floor, and carefully but quickly spoke the words to activate the spell.

The fat, spilled out into a 20x20 foot slick spot of grease, if the man made a move into the stuff, he would be dancing instead of running at her. Quickly, she turned and spoke to the girl. "Go to the small house with the spider on the door.....go!"

Michealle waited to see if she was going to be bowled down by the man, or what.

18. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4
    Maeglin, Haunted Woods: Main Path, Passage Perilous

It was clear Maeglin had made a mistake, underestimating these creatures. "I will not ask you again..." The tree limb crashed to the ground."You FOOL!!... You DARE to make mischief within the Dark Lady's realm!!?? I should leave you here to be destroyed by her servants, or the Dark Lady herself! You delay the inevitable stranger, better to reveal what is secret now than at the Black Gates. Be warned, your companion will not be able to enter the Dark City concealed, and such an attempt compromises your existance even further...You have much to learn stranger. I wonder If you will live long enough to acquire such knowledge..." Maeglin had to remain calm, he did not want Aosoth to reveal herself. Maeglin did not have to be able to percieve them, to know they were still there watching... waiting.

Very well...

Maeglin felt defeated, never had he been cast aside so quickly. A stubborn pride came over him, but he knew he could not let it get the best of him. Though he had not nearly gone at the nocturne with full intent, he knew that if the second one had been fast enough to evade Aosoth's diversion, then this was no battle he could win outright.

VERY WELL!

What must I do to gain your permission for passage. You have shown me how easily you cast my attacks aside.

WE WILL... we will do what we must.

Maeglin reached out to Aosoth...

Aosoth, Haunted Woods: Main Path, Passage Perilous

A fire burned in her, Maeglin would be severely punished for mishandling this situation, but he was right they did not know enough about this realm to continue down this fighting path. Aosoth let her presence beome know, her cloak dropped and she appeared directly behing the two nocturnes. Within dangerous distance. Though she radiated power enough to warn them both off from trying anything. She spoke softly in a sultry voice.

Here I am. Now... what do you have intended for us?

Maeglin, Haunted Woods: Main Path, Passage Perilous

Maeglin could not believe that she had done such. He kept the charge of energy in himself fueling himself but not increasing it to cause further alarm, he could feel the woods changing, the mood had grown definately grown darker.

greyjedi125

19. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Maeglin & Aosoth

Haunted Woods: Main Path, Passage Perilous

"Here I am. Now...what do you have intended for us?"

Aosoth let her presence become known, her cloak dropped and she appeared directly behind the two nocturnes who turned with some surprise to face her. Aosoth radiated power enough to warn them both off from trying anything. When she spoke, she did so in a softly and sultry voice.

Immediately after she'd revealed herself, the two nocturnes seemed to have entered some sort of trance triggered by her presence. They began to sway where they stood and several runes inscripted upon their cloaks began to glow. Soon a faint glow enshrowded them completely and a ghostly image walked from between them.

Before Aosoth stood a tall man, who was both middle aged and ageless. His palor was so complete that he could have been almost transparent. He wore a finely embroidered obsidian skull cap, with runes inscripted in silver and gold. He wore a fine cloak, of black and crimson with a high collar raised high at the back of his head as to cover it completely from view. Upon the collar, similar embroideries and runic symbols of silver and gold could be seen. On his chest, the figure wore an large and ornate plate of jewels held in place by strong link sof gold. The centerpiece was that of the blackest diamond encircled by bloodred rubies. The figure had fine aristocratic features. The retina of his eyes were black and the color of his iris were as red as the rubies on his chest.

The figure floated forward and displayed an expresion of utmost surprise upon seeing Aosoth. A pale, but well bejeweled hand came up, and with a grand flourish, he bowed before her, then straightened.

"Ah......welcome to Necrosgolgoth...." The figure intoned with a voice that seemed to come from far beyond, but was full of diplomacy controlled astonishment.

"I am the High Vizier Bel Drake Radamanthus from The Noble House of Abatoir and one of the Twelve."

Bel Drake's ghostly image was clearly a magical projection of some sort. He walked around Aosoth and regarded her with wide eyed marvel. The magical image flickered and almost winked out of existance as he drew a bit too near, which caused him to step back in order not to lose the image.

Bel Drake composed himself and allowed his astonishment to drain away. His demeanor now was less affected and more scholarly, but still diplomatic in every way. He never asked or inquired of Aosoth's name or identity.

"Your act of trust deserves and equal turn..." Bel Drake stated simply. "Please allow these two Nocturnes to escort your companion into the city. You may shroud yourself once again if you so choose, but should follow closely by. There are powerful and ancient protections that would prevent an entity such as yourself to enter this city uninvited. Please believe me in that regard. There will be further instructions once you have entered the city safely...."

Bel Drake nodded deeply to Aosoth and began to fade even as he took several steps back to occupy the space between the Nocturnes from whence he had appeared, but he did not move so fast as to prevent Aosoth from asking any question, should she have them, and himself from providing any answers.

Michealle Sow

The brutish man didn't quite realise what the witch woman had done until it was too late. His eyes went wide and he cursed at his slow recation time and his clumsiness. He had tried to leap out of the way of the 'slick', but the area was alot wider than he could have anticipated. Unceremonilusly, he flailed for several seconds as he tried to gain back his balance, which only made matters worse, then his feet finally slipped and shot high in the air as he landed quite noisily in the large bed of pig fat. The brutish man cursed the worse offenses he co
  20. HunterPrime Force Ghost

star 1
    Golden Eyes - Haunted Woods: Main Path, Passage Perilous

A sleepy yawn, and a tail flickered as now large eyes watched the events unfold about them. Eyes that then grew into tight slits, a bit of green now showing as they concentrated.

A moment later, they were on a new perch, taking things in with a new perspective. The two Talon's were dealith with the newcomers within the Mistress realm. At first, Golden could only clearly perceive one being. But their had been two eariler. They had seen that. He could sense it, but was unable to see it. Was it out of the realm like he? It was only of contact with the Mistress did Golden now find the second one. That was most curious indeed. Something to be reported. Later. But now, it was time to watch.

"I will not ask you again..." the lead Talon stated, taking a step forward, when suddenly he stopped in his tracks. Behind him, a large tree limb caused a ruckus as it fell and crashed down through breaking tree branches and fell to earth cacophonously. The other Elite Talon had moved, quickly, avoiding the falling limb. The reaction of the Talon's however, was of more importance.

"You FOOL!!" The Talon in front of the stranger roared angrily. "You DARE to make mischief within the Dark Lady's realm!!??" The other Talon approached the traveler and stood before him. "I should leave you here to be destroyed by her servants, or the Dark Lady herself!" he declared, his eyes glowing beneath the dark hood, never leaving the stranger. "You delay the inevitable stranger, better to reveal what is secret now than at the Black Gates. Be warned, your companion will not be able to enter the Dark City concealed, and such an attempt compromises your existance even further..." The lead Talon spoke. He then took several steps back, giving the traveler breathing room. "Pray that the Dark Lady is in a forgiving mood. An attack upon her Woods could be construed as an attack upon her person."

The Talons began to fade. At least in normal sight. "You have much to learn stranger. I wonder If you will live long enough to acquire such knowledge..."

DE lifted his head. The Talons were still about. And he could feel why. The woods were reacting to the intrusion.

Slowly, but steadily, GE began to feel aware that other creatures were approaching. A great many creatures of varying strengths. And their numbers were growing.....twenty, thirty, Fifty....and more began to gather, almost doubling the number. So far no one had made a move. The path leading out of the Haunted Woods was clear. No one blocked it.

Golden Eyes watched all, and sly grin fell on his face. It was almost humerious. If the silly beings continued to be so stubborn, then they would never make it through the woods. No talk about the Black Gates. What was it they hopped to protect? he wondered. Golden Eyes contacted the Dark Lady, and reported what was going on. He was to continue watching, and take no actions. For now. Golden Eyes blinked sleeply. Hopefully, that would change, if something fun happened. He woudl hate to miss out on it all. He changed positions once more, and then settled down on a branch high above, to watch the preceedings.

Tag: Dragonsith, GreyJedi125

The Dark Lady Al'terla, Necrosgolgoth, Ur-Karpathos, The Dark City, Nocturne Mistress Matahari Viudos Estate

With her major task done for the night, Al'terla could turn her attentions to other things now. The other rulers she had spoken to, had faded away, and now only Lord Blight still remained. Lord Blight turned to the Dark Lady, his own image slowly fading as he gave her a curt bow. "You have answered all my questions before I even had a chance to ask them..." He said giving her a curt nod, as she replied with a simle smile. She had not expected him directly, but she did have a wish to speak to him as well. "I shall seek your council once again, at another, more convenient time." Lord Blight graced the Dark Lady with a faint
  21. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4
    Aosoth----Haunted Woods: Main Path, Passage Perilous

Aosoth gave a respectful bow... addressing the High Vizier, Bel Drake she had but one question but the answer seemed simple, the Nocturnes would guide them. Her thoughts turned to Maeglin, his intentions had been good, to protect her, but he had been extremely foolish in the way he went about it. Inwardly she cursed him slightly. Aosoth offered her last words to the High Vizier before he diappeared.

Then I look to your guards to guide us then.

Aosoth leapt off into the air her arms out and knee's bent as she gracefully landing after the high jump. Walking gracefully, almost gliding over towards where Maeglin was. Her gaze was piercing, her words short.

I will deal with your stupidity later!

It was actually uncharacteristic of Maeglin, what he had done... regardless it was to the dark city in Necrosgolgoth.

-----------------------------------------

Maeglin----Haunted Woods: Main Path, Passage Perilous

Shamed he was, and Maeglin knew that his actions would warrent punishment, but the scorn and diappointment was enough. They both turned, Maeglin fell in line as Aosoth now uncloaked, began to proceed up the path, that Maeglin had tried to navigate before the failed attempt to dispose of the Nocturnes. Clearly his skill was not up to that level, though Maeglin begged to differ. Now it was on to the designated city. Who knew what manner of creatures and what numbers stood poised beyond his sight right now waiting to tear Maeglin apart.. what spies and agents were now aware of his failure. Maeglin could now feel the presence of the Nocturnes, how embarrassing he had basically thrown a punch that had never had a remote chance, and now he had to stand the two guards escorting them... he had to push it out of his mind these thoguths had no place and after this encounter he had to recompose himself!

greyjedi125, HunterPrime
  22. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Greetings ALL: Just wanted to apologize to everyone for my massive absence. Should we even try to resume this after the HOLIDAYS? Please let me know via PM. Thanks everyone for your INCREDIBLE patience and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
  23. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    GM's NOTE: It is with a heaviness of heart and a measure of regret that I come to you all with these tidings. Extreme time constraints have proven that I cannot, in good faith, update this game with realistic frequency, hence I have decided to lock this topic. I cannot apologize enough to those who've kept this game going until the very end. Specifically, Hunter Prime. You've kept me going even back then. Thanks a million.

And Thanks to all of you who participated over the course of this game. Thanks for your imagination and your creativity.

Perhaps sometime in the future, we can all revisit the Realm of Darkness once again.

Long Night to you all.

Sincerely,

greyjedi125
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.