main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Realm of Fae'Run: Forgotten Realms discussion (Books, games etc)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Amon_Amarth, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Nope not heresy, the good forgotten realms game :p

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    [face_dead_to_me]

Nah, NWN is good, but I never had as much fun with it as I did with BG.

3. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    I enjoyed NWN far more than BG

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I was always pissed that NWN didn't have a Dark Elf in the character selection!

So I just made my elf black with white hair but it wasn't the same.

5. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Yes that is rather true but I played Dwarves and Halflings more than I did squeakies

6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah. I wanted to be a black drow, chaotic good. :p

7. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Oh fun personally I like nuetral good halflings or lawful nuetral if I play a monk

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    God, that cliche.

The number of emo drow in games is astounding. I wonder if there's any evil drow left, with all the Drizzt clones out there. :p

To be fair, though, msot are now playing night elves in WoW.

I usually play a Paladin. I like the class, it's tough and restrictive, and being an undead hunter kit was helpful for avoiding level drain in BG2.

E_S

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I play Paladin too..me + Carsomyr and someone else with Mace of Disruption = exploded vampires.

10. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    I like odd mutliclassing such as a Human monk and druid

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    \ Yeah but I'm playing a pally in a suspending Forgotten Realms campaign now, and in WoW, yep, a Pally.

:(

//wishes he was chaotic good

ES

12. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Ranger/Rogue for the win. Twas insane with 3.0 rules...I haven't perfected it in 3.5 yet.

13. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] I have played with a character like that they are interesting

14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    In serious D&D campaigns, I always use elf wizard. It's classic and tad unoriginal, but I love elfs. :D

In some adventures I use silly characters, for fun. My favourite is halfling barbarian. :p

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    For true fun, play a Half-Elf from Silvermoon. Emo!

E_S

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It surprises some people when I tell them I've never played D&D. When I first got into RPGs my friends were done with it many moons ago and we played Marvel and DC and Traveler 2300.

But I always loved the D&D game material, food for the imagination it is.

I suppose if I actually sat down with people right now I'd go for a Soulknife character. From what I can see it is a tad underpowered, but I like the idea of summoning a weapon at will. Been captured? Captors took your stuff? The Soul Knife is always armed. And in a way it's like having a Jedi lighting up a lightsaber that he or she does't need a piece of technology to use.

Evereska has a psionics school...

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Despite my venemous prejudices for anything elfy, I'm due to read my first Forgotten Realms story, Homeland, hopefully this weekend. A night elf was the best I could manage, and it wouldn't hurt to have some understanding how light reading Realms books are. And after a 4 week delivery became 9 it better impress me!

Ordered the omnibus trilogy rather than separate box for bigger font. I've perused some Realms book on the shelves; apparently, almost all have tiny font. Who do they think they are?

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ex

Why, oh, why, do you ask for advice you insist on ignoring?

Homeland/Exile/Sojourn should be read AFTER the Icewind Dale Trilogy!!!

Salvatore wrote them to explain how Drizzt got where he was, and how he got Guen.

Icewind Dale introduces his friends, his swords (Icingdeath and Twinkle), and hints at his past.

The Dark Elf Trilogy gives him a backstory.

If needs be, I can track you down and give it to you this weekend! Just read it first!

E_S

19. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I want to read about drow society and this Underdark that I've just played through. What I read about Icewind Dale doesn't interest me at the moment. All the more reason to read a prequel backstory, no? I've read surface books, but I can't say I've read an underground story like Exile.

20. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    I was told it the other way around and I prefer to have read the back story and then another adventure, and both trilogies are wonderful IMO

21. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I read Homeland in a day. I have to say I was impressed. Nothing spectacular but I really enjoyed it. Spotted some of the Shadows of Amn game items here and there was fun. I still despise anything elfy, but dark elfs were refreshing to read, so much torture, all that mayhem.

Only Mara in the pizza was Drizzt's first feel of the upworld. It was so breezy, when it should have been a serious, emotional moment. As a matter of fact, the game was almost right out of these books, in events and some details. It was fun. The Dark Elf Trilogy omnibus had a brief foreword rom Greenwood and Bob himself, explaining how Drizzt came to birth.

I've just got Feast for Crows for a special $8, but I've waited 2yrs I can wait a bit longer. I think I'll actually read Exile next. I want to see how mindflayers are done!

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I'm reading Icewind Dale right now (I'm going based on the Legend of Drizzt order.) It flowed perfectly fine for me reading Dark Elf trilogy first.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Mind flayers are annoying. Just played an epic game of D&D Minis (2 v 2; LG & CG vs LE & CE) against Shuluth, who's a Rare mind-flayer. Brain sucking is never a cool thing.

Lucky, Epic Drizzt (217pts! 3x Attacks!) was on hand with Guenhwyvar...

:D

[image=http://ddshoebox.com/figureImages/ar14.gif] [image=http://ddshoebox.com/figureImages/ud17.gif]

Anyone know, by the way, what a Wonderous Onxy Figure is worth? [face_mischief]

Drizzt is a lucky lad, let's say that much.

I mean, not just because of Gwen, but Icingdeath and Twinkle are plain nasty.

E_S

24. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

What do Forgotten Realmsers think of the Drizzt TPB comics?

Looking for art, dialogue and some preview samples. Worth getting?

25. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    FR comics exist? Wow.

I'm just reading Sea of Swords, great read. Stories with good ol' Drizzt never get boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.