main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

/***The Realm of Middle-Earth***\

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Bacon164, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    For five hundred years, it poisoned his mind. And in Gollum's cave, it waited. Darkness crept back into the forests of the world. Rumor grew of a shadow in the east, whispers of a nameless fear, and the Ring of Power perceieved. It's time had come. It abandoned Gollum. And something happened then the Ring did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely person imaginable... a hobbit! Bilbo Baggins of the Shire.

(One character per post [face_shhh] )

2. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    "What's this? A ring?"

"Lossssssssssst! The precioussss is lossssted!"

*sidenote: Was I not supposed to do that? I'm confused as to what you meant*

3. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    (You've got to do one character per post. I meant character literally.)

For the time would soon come when hobbits would shape the fortunes of all....

(extended cut by the way)

4. WhiteLadyofRohan

Mar 14, 2005
    ...And I have to go to bed now...

Sorry!

5. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Well... Scene 1 is done...

6. starwarsdude2009

starwarsdude2009 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    What happened to the review things you were doing, Bacon? I enjoyed reading them, since I haven't read the books or watched the DVDs in some time.

7. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I stopped because noone besides WLOR was posting their opinions, I guess. [face_whistling]

8. starwarsdude2009

starwarsdude2009 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    I'll post my opinions! Pweez make more!
    [face_praying]

[face_coffee] and I'll give you coffee if you do! [face_coffee]

[face_dancing]

9. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    New Home of the CIS!

10. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Please forgive if this intrudes on anyone's desire to discuss middle earth... We are drafting a constitution for a democratic Galactic Senate; we will find our own forum in time.

Still a draft. Not yet ratified. Spitball away.
    -THE *DEMOCRATIC* SWC GALACTIC SENATE RULES-

Rule 1. This forum is a democracy. Each senator in the Galactic Senate has one vote. Majority rules in the Galactic Senate (GC). Every rule but this one can be changed by a majority vote. All officers recognize that their power comes from the senators and can be taken away if they don't keep the majority happy.

Rule 2. Anyone can post to this forum and become a senator in the Galactic Senate if they just post to the forum the last posted list and adding his/her user ID and the name of a planet not already represented.

Senators may resign by posting an updated version of the current list and removing their name. The GC may pass a motion to remove senators from the game and preventing them from rejoining with the passage of a motion, but only if there is proof that the user has multiple senator accounts (that is, if it appears that one person can cast more than one vote). The Senate can pass a motion to reinstate a removed senator to the current list.

Rule 3. The Supreme Chancellor has three important jobs: keeping the game fun in general, making up what's going on in the universe, and presiding over the GC.

Every other Saturday, and in the case of a passed motion of "no confidence," the Galactic Senate shall elect a senator to the position of Supreme Chancellor (SC). On a regular Saturday election day, the senator with the most votes before 12:01 the following morning becomes the new Supreme Chancellor. In a "no confidence" election, the senator with the most votes after 24 hours after the "no confidence" motion passed becomes the new Supreme Chancellor.

The Senate can make a motion of "no confidence" to elect a new SC (or any officer) at any time.

Rule 4. The Supreme Chancellor (SC) selects a Vice Chancellor (VC) when elected. The VC presides over the GC. The Senate may pass a motion of "no confidence" to elect a new Vice Chancellor (or any officer) if they so choose at any time; this election works just like the one for SC.

Rule 5. The rules shall contain an ordered list of presiding officers. This is the list now: Supreme Chancellor, Vice Chancellor.

If the GC creates new presiding officers, it will add them to this list. The Senate may pass a motion of "no confidence" in any officer at any time.

Rule 6. A presiding officer keeps track of things and announces when a motion has passed or failed due to the votes thus far. If two presiding officer's disagree on a list or on the passage or failure status of a motion, the one listed first on the presiding list has final say. If the highest presiding officer is absent or if there is a serious motion of "no confidence" in them, they are NOT considered a presiding officer for the purpose of that motion or for overruling that motion; and so the next highest ranking officer presides.

A higher ranking officer may overrule presiding officer's announcement within a 24 hour period of time.

11. WhiteLadyofRohan

Mar 14, 2005
    Oh My Gosh! THis thread still exists!!!!!

[face_dancing]

Bacon, let's start our LOTR thing again...

12. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
  13. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    When this CIS thing is over...

WLOR, check your PMs...

14. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I loooove Titanic. It really hit me hard.

On the other hand, for awhile there I was crying during certain star wars scenes... Between John Williams and my exercise induced mood swings, these movies can SO inspire me to FEEL.

15. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005
    Titanic sunk like a large boat named Titanic. [face_plain]
    I thought Titanic sucked the big one.

16. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    See! Like I said... It inspire everyone to FEEL... Like it made you feel like it SUCKED.. ;)

:)

17. Darth_Patton00

Apr 9, 2005
    This looks great Lemminglord. However, why is it the GC? Shouldn't it be the GS?

And =D= LOTR IS AWESOME!!!!

18. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005
    Where is WOM, or SOR, or Bacon!?!?!?!?

19. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I'm here.

20. Darth_Patton00

Apr 9, 2005
    So when is strilo gonna make his decision.

21. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Who knows? :confused:

22. Darth_Patton00

Apr 9, 2005
    Has anyone PMed him?

23. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I did. He hasn't read it.

24. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005

Good catch!!!

Still a draft. Not yet ratified. Spitball away.
    -THE *DEMOCRATIC* SWC GALACTIC SENATE RULES-

Rule 1. This forum is a democracy. Each senator in the Galactic Senate has one vote. Majority rules in the Galactic Senate (GS). Every rule but this one can be changed by a majority vote. All officers recognize that their power comes from the senators and can be taken away if they don't keep the majority happy.

Rule 2. Anyone can post to this forum and become a senator in the Galactic Senate if they just post to the forum the last posted list and adding his/her user ID and the name of a planet not already represented.

Senators may resign by posting an updated version of the current list and removing their name. The GS may pass a motion to remove senators from the game and preventing them from rejoining with the passage of a motion, but only if there is proof that the user has multiple senator accounts (that is, if it appears that one person can cast more than one vote). The Senate can pass a motion to reinstate a removed senator to the current list.

Rule 3. The Supreme Chancellor has three important jobs: keeping the game fun in general, making up what's going on in the universe, and presiding over the GS.

Every other Saturday, and in the case of a passed motion of "no confidence," the Galactic Senate shall elect a senator to the position of Supreme Chancellor (SC). On a regular Saturday election day, the senator with the most votes before 12:01 the following morning becomes the new Supreme Chancellor. In a "no confidence" election, the senator with the most votes after 24 hours after the "no confidence" motion passed becomes the new Supreme Chancellor.

The Senate can make a motion of "no confidence" to elect a new SC (or any officer) at any time.

Rule 4. The Supreme Chancellor (SC) selects a Vice Chancellor (VC) when elected. The VC presides over the GS. The Senate may pass a motion of "no confidence" to elect a new Vice Chancellor (or any officer) if they so choose at any time; this election works just like the one for SC.

Rule 5. The rules shall contain an ordered list of presiding officers. This is the list now: Supreme Chancellor, Vice Chancellor.

If the GC creates new presiding officers, it will add them to this list. The Senate may pass a motion of "no confidence" in any officer at any time.

Rule 6. A presiding officer keeps track of things and announces when a motion has passed or failed due to the votes thus far. If two presiding officer's disagree on a list or on the passage or failure status of a motion, the one listed first on the presiding list has final say. If the highest presiding officer is absent or if there is a serious motion of "no confidence" in them, they are NOT considered a presiding officer for the purpose of that motion or for overruling that motion; and so the next highest ranking officer presides.

A higher ranking officer may overrule presiding officer's announcement within a 24 hour period of time.

25. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005
    I PMed him yesterday. Hey guys look at the sticky that says Warning. Are we doing something wrong here?

ROTS_Obi1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.