main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest The Reason Behind Episode I's Downfall

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MrVadal, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrVadal

MrVadal Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2003
    Here's the deal:

There is a film on the IFilm.com called "Fall of a Saga". It proposes a hypothesis as to why Episode I (and by relation, Episode II) doesn't compare anywhere near the original films.

I don't want to give away the ending, but you NEED to see this film! Now! Run! Faster!

You can find it at:

http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2474284

Or, you can visit the filmmaker's website at:

http://www.southernronin.com

There's a link to the film at the bottom.

Does the film propose a sound theory? You decide!

MrVadal

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Interesting theory. But alas we know the real reason these weren't as good is simply because he wrote the scripts himself instead of hiring someone like Kasdan who wrote Ep V. or Kirshner who directed. Uncle George is a great story teller and Producer (as everyone has witnessed with the Indy movies) but he shouldn't be behind the camera or witing the scripts.

3. T-14

T-14 Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2003
    I still believe the number one reason is the addition of the digital imagery. Yes it is cool in some movies but it has taken away from the Star Wars saga.

4. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Who said they were downfalls? That's just opinion there. The only thing I hate about the PT is the effects. To much CGI for me, otherwise I think they are okay.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I think the only reason some people want to focus on what they see as TPM (and PT as a whole's weakness) is because we have built up this image of SW over the years...that some just can't stand the idea of GL coming through with another home run.

The script is good...many complain that it has changed from the original concepts he had back in 1977. Don't you think GL has a better understanding of the story then any of us...and more specifically, WHY things happen the way they do.

Special effects have improved lightyears from where they were during OT (sparked by none other then GL) and even that was a vat improvment from prior to ANH. I like what they've done with CGI, because using puppets and models has it's limitations...and it opens up infinate possibility to create new worlds/species. You couldn't have done Sebulba without CGI...at least not with the range of movement he needed. And CGI allows directors to create environments that would be costly to do in real life (Coruscant)...you do that with models and you've got "Logan's Run" (yuck)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.