main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The reason Darth Vadar decided to kill the emperor.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by sith99, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith99

sith99 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 1999
    Looking at the prequels, maybe vadar saw luke getting lightning bolted and remembered how it felt when he got his dose(ala dooku). And felt sorry for his son at that point. I'm not saying thats the whole reason vadar turned back, just something to look at.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
  3. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    He is you're father

I bet it did influence his decision. Plus the Emporer just betrayed him and he's killing off his son. All good motivators to throw him like a rag doll.

4. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Who's Vadar?" [face_laugh]

Anakin's clone? :D

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I would say this definitely contributed to Vader's feelings to turn back.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Don't you mean Anikin's clone? ;)

7. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    Maybe Vader wanted to kill the Emperor because he was tired of being a servant.

8. amien

amien Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    I doubt he killed the Emperor because he sympathsized with Luke the pain of getting shot with lightning. Vader cut Luke's hand off without much remorse, even though the same thing happened to him when he was younger.

Vader probably killed the Emperor because he was going to kill Luke (I think the key word there is kill; I don't know if Vader would have turned back if Luke was only threatened with pain) and also because Vader was probably realizing how much his life sucks and recognizing all the mistakes he's made and such, so tossing Palpatine must have seemed like a good idea besides.

9. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I think he saw for the first time just how much Palpatine was like Dooku (whom Anakin hated). He saw what the dark side had done to his master and closest friend, and he began to see what it was doing to himself. He then realized what it would have done to Luke if he had succeeded in turning him. This, on top of seeing who REALLY cared for him, caused him to turn his back on Palpatine and save his son (and ultimately himself).

10. Imperial_March

Imperial_March Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Vader got mad when the effect of the force-lightning seemed to auto buff his helmet.

11. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think these two lines from AOTC are important when considering Vader's redemption:

"I will even learn to stop people from dying."

"I promise I will never fail again."

12. Venage

Venage Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2003
    Deep, deep down he loved his son and the sight of Luke being killed was enough to break the Dark Side's hold on him. That's what I believe.

13. onehalfofdarthmaul

onehalfofdarthmaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Nope he kills him because he is simply fed up of looking at that bloody ugly face!

14. jag29

jag29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 13, 2002
    The love for his son.

Jag29

15. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Its a mixture of things. Vader thought palpy was his buddy but when he saw that the Emporer really didn't care about him, and urged his own son to kill him, he saw that the only person that really cared about him was Luke. The very person being shocked to death before him.

So in goes Palpy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.