main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Reason for Attack of the Clones failure...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by FORCE-WIELDER1, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    Why does everyone think AOTC was such a horrible movie?

Reason?

I'd really like to know your opinion.

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I liked it.

But it wasn't Oscar worthy by any means.

It was, at best, an 8 out of 10.

The one that failed was TPM.

The reason [AOTC] wasn't a great movie?

It's directed toward kids. It's too corny. Too cheesy.

The OT wasn't geared at little kids, but at all ages. Lucas was trying to make it on the big screen. He poured everything he had in it.

This one... not so much.

3. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    I personally enjoyed it, and I think it did it's job in the overall scheme of the Prequels pretty well. :D

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I enjoyed it. Much better then TPM. I think it's real strength is the plot. The excessive use/need for visual effects and Portman's weak acting are the downfalls of it.

5. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    I liked it. But I think people didn't like how the love story was put out. I loved it.

6. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Portman's weak acting

You just went up ANOTHER notch in my book, TR.

All these fanboys around here think Portman is God's gift to man.

She is neither worthy of being an ultimate hotty or a good actress.

I miss Fisher... :(

7. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Portman has one hell of a sexy body during the deleted scenes though. Whoooo

I think people who hate movies don't like AotC because it's just less fun to watch. The Plot's split in two and one parts a billion times more fun to watch than the other and elements in the story are so full of ambiguity.

It's not your mamma's simple adventure movie...

8. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    Some of my friends complained that there was weak acting on Hayden's part.

I have not watched AoTC enough to think that. I actually thought Hayden did a very good job in portraying Anakin's struggle.

What made me geek out was Yoda...

The mighty Yoda...

I miss Fisher...

I agree with you Dece.

9. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I thought Hayden was weak in some parts, but VERY good in others.

He will be much better in ROTS, tho. Guarentee it.

10. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Me too. I had an orgasm the first time I saw CG yoda walk and talk.

Why oh why didn't padme acknowledge his existence. I think Yoda really adds something to this movie that would have made it a pain to watch without it.

11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Two Reasons:

1. Dialogue
    2. Crappy CGI

12. nyjet10

nyjet10 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    The choppiness and the lines

13. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Some of my friends complained that there was weak acting on Hayden's part.

I see where they're coming from. Hayden definately isn't among the best IMO (Ewan, Ian, Lee, Liam, Jackson, Daniels), but I just watched the fireplace scene yesterday, and I really noticed for the first time, how Portman says the lines, and has some emotion to her voice, but she didn't show us through her body movements at all. Her head was moving, bus the rest of her was standing there stiff, not moving her body with the emotion. It's the sign of a good actor to express the emotion of the character physically, as well as verbally. Portman is a very litteral example of a cardboard actor :p

Oh wait. i was talking about Hayden. After watching the PT multiple times, my respect for him as an actor has grown. From what I can see of his past acting experience, he always seems to play the troubled, dark character. But he's good at it :) Allthough he is weak at some points in the movie, he still comes through in the important emotional scenes.

14. Darth_Fred

Darth_Fred Jedi Master star 5

Mar 1, 2004
    I have to wonder if all the acting miscues might have improved if Lucas had used someone else as director, like he did for ESB. I would assign blame 50-50 on the wooden ones and the dictator.

15. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Or he could have done what he did for ANH:

"Make it faster, more intense!"

Hey, it worked, didn't it? :p

16. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I loved the documentaries.

17. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I love AOTC. Yes, I fastforward through the fireplace scene everytime I watch the movie, as well as the droid factory scene(it's one of those "elaborate sequences that exists only to be...an elaborate sequence") Other than that I love AOTC. I can't stand TPM though.

18. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I liked it, and still watch it...every weekend if I remember. I also like TPM, but, not as much as the other ones. It is most definately my least favorite. The reason I like it is because of Maul.

darth_nemisis

19. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    TPM DID have one thing that AOTC didn't...

a pod race.

That was so exiting in TPM.

'Course... AOTC did have...

well, it had the clone wars!

20. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    I thought this film was the return to form for SW.

21. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Right now AOTC is my favorite prequel movie and my second favorite over all.

22. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Second favorite?!

wow.

My list goes:

ESB = ROTJ
    ANH
    AOTC
    TPM

it WILL be this:

ROTS
    ESB = ROTJ
    ANH
    AOTC
    TPM

ROTS will not fail us.

[face_praying]

23. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    I thought it was great. The last 30 minutes make up for any so called "failures" during the film.

24. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    my list goes like this:

ESB
    ATOC
    ANH
    ROTJ
    TPM

Don't get me wrong though. I think they're all great :)

25. nyjet10

nyjet10 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    As I posted before the reason AOTC failed was choppiness and lines. Lines are hard to fix, chopiness is easier.

AOTC would be better if the film was arranged better (If in the future Lucas modifies AOTC I hope he does this)

Change: Lucas could of had Anakin take Padme to Naboo then when they get out of the boat Lucas could have switch to all the Obi-Wan scenes.

Reason: The reason being Padme seems like she still thinks Anakin is a child a few minutes before, if they all of a sudden start kissing I get the feeling, what? why?

Change: Lucas could have went back to Anakin and Padme right after we see Obi-Wans ships aproaching Kamino

Reason: A good place to go back to Padme and Anakin. Gives the effect that they have been on Naboo for a while and a more logical place for a kiss. It also makes it look like Obi-Wan is searching for the Kamino platform longer. (Unlike ESB where Yoda pulled Lukes X-Wing to him. Obi-Wan should have to work to find the platform.)

The next time it goes back to Obi-Wan would be after Anakin gets his mom's body. I feel this makes for more smooth transitions and a better movie.

Some movies are choppy and very good. AOTC wasn't choppy in a good way. Choppiness is affective when you forget about whats happening else where and are focused on the scene. But in AOTC's love scenes I have a feeling of "Come on, lets get back to Obi Wan already." It makes for weaker love and action sequences.

Also Lucas should remove the cow/beetle scene which was an unnessasary scene. It makes me cring everytime I watch it. I would rather have Lucas use the screen time for a better padme/anakin scene, more lightsaber action, or more Jango-Windu battling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.