main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~ The reason I didn't update...~ finished on ff.n, part II started

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I've been enjoying this since day one, in more ways than one, but I have enjoyed it so much that I didn't even want to comment in-case I nudged it in a different direction - because this is just great. Awesomesauce isn't a big enough word.

Rukh, Thrawn and you having a dinner-date ;), the moment with Disra... :(

It's so much pressure on your poor character. I can feel her getting so very tired of all these competing factions. But she's right; we need Luke for the clone, and Thrawn for the Yuuzhan Vong... they need to get with it!

11/10 as ever!

2. Katharina_Vader

Katharina_Vader Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    Did I miss something? The comments of the other readers sound like your story is over, but that was no end! I would be very sad if you would end it like this, she can't just go to sleep now and wake up to find out that is was only a dream! Please write the ball. You can still send her back afterwards. Or like Cinderella: At the ball, in love and a clock chiming at midnight. One dance for us fangirls!
    Well, it's your story and who am I to make demands, right? It was a great story. Well done and thank you for a fantastic read!

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Uh...I'm pretty sure MsLanna only meant that the PM list is being discarded, not her story?

Because there's still a whole bunch of story to tell. ;)

4. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I'm certainly hoping she's not giving up on this story- it's one of the main reasons I even frequent TFN anymore. Please keep going, Ms. Mel, although if you just need a break for a bit, that's fine too. No need to get burned out on the Thrawnie-ness. [:D]

5. serenity81

serenity81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2009
    Your writing keeps getting better and better.

Makes me look forward to my weekends. [:D]

Next stop on the crazed tour that is your awesome story.......facing down the demons.

6. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    I am not sure what to say.

If you read the story as closely as you do the pms, the end of the world may be nigh.o_O

I said: PM list discarded, not story discarded.

Azure, you better read the German part of your pm, too, ne.

Of course, I am pretty much tempted to stop writing seeing how many comments that rumor got.[face_thinking]

7. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    I am sorry that I do not comment more often [face_blush]
    I really did appreciate the PM's but understand your discontinuing them.
    I still love this story and am very impatient for the ball! :D [:D]

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Azure, I think she just does mean the PM-list and not that she wants to stop posting in here, since the only reason to stop here would be being able to update again. :p

So, ATN might be an option now. ;) :)

Edit: Ups, I missed that there was another page. Sorry for the redundancy in here. [face_blush]

Mel, go on with your not-updating story! :D

9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    *waltzes in after 4 years of absence on the boards*

Hey Mel! I finally caught up with this story, but I admit that reading it was the main thing I've been doing since Sunday. I absolutely love the story so far and I'm impressed by how well you've captured Thrawn's character - I think he is hard to write, but you nailed him!

Will there be romance? With Thrawn? Will there? Pleeeeeaaaaasseeee! [face_batting]

Can't wait for your next update!

10. Katharina_Vader

Jan 28, 2005
    I agree with Chilla. There should be some romance. I know it's hard to write with Thrawn, but one can already hear energy between them. As long as one doesn't go inside his head, I think it's do-able. That is, I think you can do it. Update!

11. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Och, Azure. [:D]
    I just discarded the pm list, not the whole story. I am much too lazy to send a ton of pms each week. Nothing can stop me from writing though. An unfortunate affliction when you're an author. :(

Well, sinre, that's an admirable attitude, but actually not very helpful. :p
    Also nudging the story has made it what it is now. Nudging gets some really good ideas into it. Plus, the overall direction is set in stone. I might just find some nice detours, like Jaing or Disra...

Cei got it right. And has seen some of the upcoming bits. :D Did I show you the bit with chocolate already? [face_mischief]
    w
    Not stopping to write this, Thrawn. There really is a lot left to write and some of the better bits are even written already. [face_whistling] And some of the real good bit involving Thrawn. [face_mischief]

Facing demons, serenity? I thought the ball was up next?
    Now I am confused. :confused: But hey, I write this so I can just go on with the ball and forget the demons. ;)

As well you should, Lady_Jedi. :p
    At least it's not as bad as over at ff.n here. There I gave so many people on the notifications - and most have never ever bothered to comment. Yes, the ball" Coming up soon. Promise.

ATN, Skiara? Should I know that abbreviation? [face_worried]
    Ah yes. I almost forgot about that. If I stop ehre, I have to update all my other stories again. :oops:

Thank you, Chilla. I am doing my best.
    I think he is hard to write, but you nailed him!
    How to reply to that politely. >.< Erm, no. Not... quite.. ...... ...yet. [face_blush]
    Romance will have to happen in advance, of course. I am glad you're all so happy about the idea. :D

As long as one doesn't go inside his head, I think it's do-able.
    Weeeell~, Katharina, I can assure you that this won't happen. The PoV doesn't allow for it at all. But since I can't get into his head - maybe his pants will do? :p
    And I am not going to pull the 'it was just a dream' card on this. Oh no! You just wait (another 5-6 years) and see. :p

[u]One-Hundred and Forty[/u]

After several days, it had still not become true. I felt as detached as I hadn?t for quite some time. It was a little watching myself from outside, only with me still inside. Maybe it was also a bit like being on speed. For the moment I was very much where I was, concentrating on what I did and making a good impression of it. But once I was at something else, whatever it was I had done seemed far away, unreal and hard to remember.

Of course, that was not going to fly. I needed to remember all names, all approaches and plans for everybody invited. And I did. Not consciously, but the way I remembered everything learnt by heart for a purpose: with triggers. Confronted with a face or a name all the facts sprang up from my memory. That was convenient, because it didn't clutter my head when not needed. Not that this happened a lot. I was still handed around from lesson to lessen with almost breaks for food.

There was no dinner with Thrawn which was worrying me. One the one hand, it would have worried me to have another because being alone with his Admiralship unguarded by military procedure made me queasy. The lor'kina worked fine as a shield against everybody else, but Thrawn kept throwing bits of it at me that - made me queasy. That was his party and he sure enjoyed it.

The Chimera was on her way to Yaga Minor already. Not that you could have told. Maybe I just didn't notice because I never took much notice of where the ship was going any given time. Space looked pretty much the same everywhere, especially, if all you saw all day long was grey bulkheads. Or faces of people you didn't know.

"A change of plans on short notice," Thrawn informed me. "A representative of the Empire of the Hand will attend."

The image of an unfamiliar man sprang up before me. He had short dark hair, a neatly trimmed beard and an amazing looking blonde

12. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh Mel, you know I didn't mean it that way! [face_blush]

That was a wonderful update. Could it be that the dress is the same color as his skin....?

A surprise visitor. Who could that be? Ar'lani? Doesn't have a reason to be there. Neither does Mara. Is Syal coming along? Hm.... [face_thinking] Who could it be? Hopefully not Iceheart.

I'm very excited about the next update. I'd like to know more about Thrawn's reaction. So the ball is "tomorrow"? Does that mean it'll be in the next update? [face_dancing]

Wonderful update here again. =D= I read it twice to make sure I didn't miss anything. But Mel, how come you don't know Baron Soontir Fel??? [face_shame_on_you]

I look forward to the next update!

13. Katharina_Vader

Jan 28, 2005
    `An amazing looking blonde companion?.´Well, who could that be? The first person that came to my mind was the scientist Cray Mingla (Han: "Cray? The blonde with the legs?") as she was described as incredibly beautiful. Then there is Gaeriel Captison from Bakura, Jedi Master Fay or the beautiful Imperial from ?The Force unleashed? Juno Eclipse. I really don?t know, but it might be interesting to have a second beautiful woman on stage. You get competition :)
    Only one thing made the fashion worshipper inside of me wince: A blue dress to a blue partner? I wouldn?t have done that (Sorry, but it has to be the `exact´ colour of his skin, because otherwise it would look terrible as the colours would bite.) Can?t wait for the next update. Want the ball.^^

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Perhaps some of my students wrecked my nerves too hard the past week. I misread and pretty misunderstood your motives about discharging your PM list of this story.

So you will be pretty in blue. I hear electricity buzzing through a certain Chiss already.

[face_whistling]

And look what a crowd of people has hooked on this story again or for the first time, he, he!

[face_skull]

It is good sharing an addiction.

;)

I must think about the main themes of "Moulin Rouge":

Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Love.

There can be certainly found in your fanfic.

Plus the SW celebrities popping up. Fel, hein?

15. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Because this is not fiction any more and evil is more than a word. And so was Thrawn.

Or more importantly, as Thrawn made you admit; no matter what Zahn has written, no matter what Wookieepedia says, and no matter how much you want to believe he's a blue-skinned genius with a heart of gold... Thrawn made it very evident in not so many words:

"Ms. Morrison, you don't know **** about me..." :p

16. serenity81

Dec 20, 2009
    "For all I ought to have thought and have not thought. Putting the blaster down I nodded at Arn. "I have some things to consider because I need answers. Why was I so afraid? "Because this is not fiction any more and evil is more than a word. And so was Thrawn."

Was not trying to confuse you. Demons are evil, I thought there were a couple that needed to still be exercised. :p

Superb update.
    Thrawns pants? Should be interesting, might make me jealous. [face_whistling]

17. Etain

May 11, 2008
    I know, Chilla. But how could I let such an opportunity pass? Did you forget who I am in your absence? :p
    Of course, it is the colour of his skin. I am a fangril after all.[face_blush]
    Well, sorry about the extra gues. But I had an idea there. Not sure how well it'll work into my plans, but then little anybody else does usally helps. *lol*
    Yep, ball coming up. In sevar pieces. :D And how should I know? I just never read much about him?

What about his wife, Katharina? ;) And beauty is not competition seeing how I am really unable to compete in that disciplin.
    Yep, exact same shade. Because if you manage, the effect would be quite startling. And since this is fiction, of course it matches perfectly. ;)

Better blue than pink, Azure. :D Anmd no worries about the misunderstanding. I think everybody got it right now.
    Truth, beauty, freedom and love? I think I need to work on all of those if they're to be themes in this story. So far I get blackmailing, strongarming, dependence and stupidity. [face_thinking]
    But you do know, don't you, how long such attendence lasts? Personally, I have no illusions in that department.;)

Yep, Ale. I know nothing. And he likes that. :p
    Blue skinned bastard. [face_laugh] But hey, I like that.:oops:

Oh, okay, serenity. Then you're right. There's some demons left I need to take care of at some time. But you never know when that will be. [face_worried]
    Pants will have to wait. Best is the thing hard to attain - or something.;)

[u]One-Hundred and Forty-One[/u]

For once I really wished for a fairy godmother with a silly wand, silly invocation and that silly 'poof, instant beauty' effect. Having several people work on your hair, face, hands and - why, oh why? - feet was not an experience I wished to repeat.

The tugging, pulling and poking seemed to go on forever. I used the time to repeat names, faces and proper greetings in my head over and over in my head. I had to be perfect. Fat chance. Damned.

Before I could worry about that some more I was shoved into the dress and ushered out of my quarters. Arn, looking gorgeous in full dress did some chaperoning and led me through the corridors. He kept patting my hand soothingly. I was not sure it improved the situation any.

At least my feet felt great. The high heels fit perfectly and made adorably clicking noises on the hard floors. But my mouth was dry and my hands shaking, even as I held on to Arn. The desperate wish for a blaster, lethal danger and tricky command decisions came up but did not materialise.

Instead Thrawn materialised, in full dress, complete mess dress and honorary get-up. Gawk!
    White uniforms had made an impression on me as early as watching Sissi* for the first time. There seemed to be few white uniforms around, but if there was an idea of a white uniform as Plato had postulated, Thrawn was wearing it. Gawk indeed.

He was absolutely impeccable, golden buttons shone about as bright as the sun, and I was sure the reason they were only worn in full dress was their blinding effect. Bullion epaulettes were ready, and no, I would not scratch my cheeks on them as was their purpose because this was Thrawn and not Jean-Baptiste*.

But it was not only the uniform, tinsel and all but - everything, hair, face hands - as if somebody had taken the time to sculpt the idea of Thrawn and drop it before my feet. He looked like - wow.

"I would appreciate a less stunned expression on your face, Mellanna." That modulated voice again. I had been missing that, though I was not sure why. It seemed to be reserved for official business. Maybe the utter control of his articulation was just - gah! I slapped my inner fangirl over the head hard. She had no business popping up right now.

She had tried, more than once, to do so during the formal inauguration. Now that had been a very stiff procedure with long speeches and so many men in uniforms that she had at least been kind enough not only to drool over his Adm

18. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Yayyyyy! First! [face_dancing]

I know, Chilla. But how could I let such an opportunity pass? Did you forget who I am in your absence? :p

Ehhhh....who are you in my absence? :confused:

Yep, ball coming up. In sevar pieces. :D And how should I know? I just never read much about him?

I thought you knew him from The "Hand of Thrawn Duology". He was in the Chiss base on Nirauan and tried to recruit Mara. In "Survivor's Quest", his son helped Luke and Mara. Plus the NJO has a bit about him.

Having several people work on your hair, face, hands and - why, oh why? - feet was not an experience I wished to repeat.

I can see them painting your nails, but what else in the world would they do with your hands and feet??? [face_worried]

"I would appreciate a less stunned expression on your face, Mellanna."

[face_laugh]

That modulated voice again. I had been missing that, though I was not sure why. It seemed to be reserved for official business. Maybe the utter control of his articulation was just - gah! I slapped my inner fangirl over the head hard. She had no business popping up right now.

Lol! Tell that my inner fangirl! She's going crazy over here!

Given the chance to separate from me, she'd probably jump the bones of more attendants than I could on my fingers.

I'm not sure if Thrawn would appreciate that! :p

I did not seem to fit any pattern.

:( That seems very lonely.

He would make a great politician, because he managed all that without sounding the least bit insincere or sarcastic.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh my gosh, this part was hilarious!!!

Thrawn had hinted at a connection between Isard and Krennel existed. Maybe it was a bit stronger than anticipated. I was thinking in stories again, and shipping those two - ugh. I really should think about something else.

So it is Iceheart! :eek: OMG, I guessed right!

I managed to get down the broad stairs without falling and pulling Thrawn into destruction with me. If his skin hadn't been blue already, I was sure that bruises would have showed up formed like my fingerprints on his arm the following days.

Ohhhh, poor him! I'd give him a hug, but that's potentially lethal.....

So far I had managed to ignore the stares. I hadn?t thought there'd be so many of them.

It was difficult not to feel exposed.

That would make me feel so uncomfortable. * [:D] Mel*

There was no doubt who was in the lead and there was also no escape from the firm hold.

He's always the dominant one, isn't he? Again, great job at writing Thrawn! =D= Fits perfectly to him.

I could feel the subtle movement of muscle under my left hand.

*meltdown of inner fangirl* Awwww.....

I was such a goner.

Not only you!

Okay, so I could not remember the last time somebody had laid a hand on my back when not in combat training.

He's touching your back? :eek:

"There are several hundred guests in this room dying to ask you some questions, Ms. Morrison," she smiled. "Would you like to disappoint them for a bit longer?"

Oh, I like her! :D

"I should have a lot less of them since Deerian had the grace to tell me what he deducted. And I do have a head of my own to use."

Finally a woman who is daring to think for herself in the Empire! =D= I like her even more! Do I detect a hint of humor here?

And this is the reason I didn't update here.

That was a great non-update again! [face_dancing] I can't wait for more! I'm so grateful for the time difference between us. Means that when I get up and turn the computer on, I have an update! :D Or no update. Or whatever! :p

I wonder if Thrawn will comment on your crushing grip...? Or say something about your dancing? ......Okay! Ignore my inner fangirl, will you? [face_blush]

No more soon? [face_batting]

19. Katharina_Vader

Jan 28, 2005
    One of your best updates! I laughed several times! It was really good! You have to update soon again! And I can't believe there are other Sissi watchers out there! Every year before Christmas on ARD. :) However, I never thought that my white-uniform-addiction may result from "Franzel". LOL!

20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Am I blind or is there no update?

*looks around*

Komm süßer Tod, erlöööööse mich!

*sings songs from the musical "Elisabeth" in this thread until an update comes along*

Oder jagst du Kakerlaken durch deine asiatische Wohnung?

21. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    someone pm me when the prom is over... :p

I mean, like, wow! Like - wow! Like, in all caps WOW! [face_laugh]

22. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    He was absolutely impeccable, golden buttons shone about as bright as the sun, and I was sure the reason they were only worn in full dress was their blinding effect. Bullion epaulettes were ready, and no, I would not scratch my cheeks on them as was their purpose because this was Thrawn and not Jean-Baptiste*.

But it was not only the uniform, tinsel and all but - everything, hair, face hands - as if somebody had taken the time to sculpt the idea of Thrawn and drop it before my feet. He looked like - wow.

[face_hypnotized] =P~ [face_love] Umm...you guys didn't just see that. [face_blush]
    Seriousy MsLanna, you're killing me here! But what a way to go. [face_mischief]
    Its official. I am a hopelessly lost, Thrawn fangirl. Can't wait for the rest of the ball.

23. serenity81

Dec 20, 2009

[face_love][face_batting]
    You sure know how to brings someone's inner fan girl out.

"I would appreciate a less stunned expression on your face, Mellanna." [face_hypnotized]

It happens only around you, sir. Honest. :D What does he expect, you to be half comatose when you see him. Hmmm....I wonder if he is pleased with it. I am sure Arn will be commenting on it as well.

That modulated voice again. I had been missing that, though I was not sure why. It seemed to be reserved for official business. Maybe the utter control of his articulation was just - gah! I slapped my inner fangirl over the head hard. She had no business popping up right now.

Down girl, down! :p

Your descriptions are WOW. [:D] I would have been scared to go down the stairs to. Ready for the next non-update.

24. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Erm, yah, good question, Chilla. I shall give it some though. *who am I?*[face_hypnotized]
    Good to hear your fangirl is happy. There are not enough occasions to drool over Thrawn.
    I am not sure how you would go about waltzing, but IIRC, it involves placing your hand on the shoulder/back of your partner. It might look mightly strange if he held his one arm over his head flamenco-style, don't you think? [face_thinking]
    Comments on the ball will follow in the debriefing, ne? ;)

Franzel is sure the root of many white uniform likes, Katharina. :p Maybe you were not using you sister's white Tee with red trimmings to play Franzel? I did.:oops:

Hope you found the update, Azure? [face_worried]
    And no dying in my fic, please. I need all characters alive. For now...

Ther are no more pms, Ale. :p
    You will have to find out on your own. [face_mischief] All caps WOW? o_O
    Oh, does not refer to Whispers of Whire when you type it. :oops:

Yay, Lady_Jedi! Thrawn fangirls rock!
    Come to visit out home in the EUC. ;) The rest of the ball - Thrawn is spending it in best Thrawn-like manner, I'm afraid. :oops:

[face_laugh] serenity
    I have waited three years to properly drool over his blue Gorgeousness. :p Somehow I cannot wait to do that again. [face_blush]

[u]One-Hundred and Forty-Two[/u]

It was the newly inaugurated Moff Deerian who ended my time-out. "I feel that congratulations are in order," I smiled as I placed my hand on his arm in a very simple but obviously core-ish way. Seros' lessons paid off indeed.

"From you they will be one of the very few honest ones," he replied, smiling as well.

"You are a good choice for the job."

"I cannot help but note the absence of a superlative," he commented drily. "From you I would have expected a 'perfect' at least."

"No, not perfect," I conceded. Deerian came from Cal-Seti and I made sure my fingers reflected that.

The smile reached his eyes. "Impeccable, Ms. Morrison. You have obviously been prepared better for this then the last ball. I shall make a not of inviting you more often."

"I just wouldn't go and buy a house here," I advised. Thrawn knew me and if he didn't instruct not to spill the news I might just go ahead and tell Deerian about it. Even if it was in clouded words.

"That is good to know, even if it is not so good to know about this only now." His smile never faltered. He would indeed be a very good politician.

"You suspected."

"I am a little on the old side for such sudden promotions." He sounded almost tired.

"And still you are who you are," I told him. "At your age and in service of the Empire the whole time. If there is anybody better qualified for such a job I have not met them yet."

"You are aware of the amount of treason within those words?" he asked.

"I am, and so is Thrawn." For a moment I simply enjoyed the dance. "And I hear Bastion is a nice place to live any time of the year."

He gave me a long hard look. "So you have heard." There was a long silence as the tune dwindled to an end. "I am now almost not sorry to hand you over to the sharks." He winked.

"It is my duty and I shall do it with a smile, showing all the teeth I have."

"I shall be watching that with interest."

He left me at the side of the dance floor. I watched as he picked the next woman to dance with and wondered what to do next. Not that I had to. From all sides uniformed men were suddenly vying for a dance with me. It was an experience completely new for me and a bit scary. My usual approach would have been first-come-first-served, but seeing how I was here in a politically motivated chess by Thrawn I didn't. And I didn't sigh about it.

Instead I tried to feel flattered by such concentrated male attention and when I spotted Moff Getelles in the crowd I made what was hopefully a good move in accepting his offer first.

"Miss Morrison," he almost purred in appreciation. "I am honoured."

"The honour is all mine," I returned smiling. If I could charm

25. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    The prom must still be going, no one PMed me to say it was over. :p

So this whole sequence of events start out as "WOW", but is now in much less favor as Thrawn's intentions come to light.... :oops: