Beyond - Legends ~ The reason I didn't update...~ finished on ff.n, part II started

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Feb 1, 2008.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ain't it nice if updates and comments mirror each other perfectly, Kathatrina? ;)
    If you're only in for his Admiralship, you might want to skip the next - erm, few? updates. :oops:

The trouble with IU and OOU time lines, Chilla. :(
    Still I hope that one day Zahn gets his 25-book contract and can spend one or two of those on Pelly-centric novels. [face_love]

So, the add-on doesn't count? In that case half done, not public.[face_thinking]
    The interview... *fangirly squeal* Poor Zahn.[face_blush] But it was such great fun!
    I'll keep collecting those snippets and publish them once TRIDU is done. Okay?

Yes, the story of Khanathitera will be related in full. I just need to find good places to insert it. ;)

The lor'kina is in a way a very formalised system to use body language. Once you can take the pieces apart, I see no reason not to adapt them to human standards. That should be very useful. Exactly for making people think you are not using any obvious body language. If you know how you'd stand at ease, you just have to reproduce that. It's a piece of cake!

I was laughing, too. You saw the picture. The whole scene was too funny. And Krennel is easy because he's convinced of his charm and effect on women. Of course I'd fall for him, that's not surprising, nothing he has to wonder about.... [face_mischief]

You realise I wanted to put the cap on his head, right? :p

Thrawn will get a full report. He knows I had it up to here for a while and some venting will be good for me. Not to mention credible if I want to join forces with Prince-Admiral Charming. *lol*

Thank you, Thrawn.:D
    I hate doing descriptions and heaven knows I sucked at them. Good to hear I am somewhat improving. [face_dancing] It's all about details. And possibly a narrator-biased view of things. [face_thinking]

I love writing Krennel. [face_love] I don't know why, but this guy stole my heart. Well, part of it. ;) He's pulling out all the stops you expect for impressing a woman. Too bad I am not a woman to impress like that, but I enver said it was not fun. Gah, it sure is!

Did you read my explanation about full dress? I really thought it was all quite clear. Not only because Mellanna doesn't own any dresses currently. Maybe my vocabulary is becoming to military. Sorry. [face_blush]

That he does, Azure. [face_mischief] And there is no hurry. I have a good imagination... [face_whistling]

Erm, well... serenity. :p Unfortunately it'll be only a pic of Thrawn in a burgundy (with gold?) morning robe. Showing a lot of chest as per order. [face_whistling] Like Teh Heff.

I never got the hang of GFFA timekeeping. I am not even sure normal time keeping is sensible on Star Destroyers. They're cities in space. Personally, I'd rather time them around the average awake/asleep cycle of humans than the other way round. Because - you can! :D

Poor Krennel. I hope he'll forgive me in the end. At least he'd be far away and unable to kill me in revenge. Ort so I hope. [face_worried] What is this Game Castle you refer to? Though giving both guys a beat down sound like great fun. :D

And Thrawn won't be angry, I think. It's all part of my role and if I can vent my own frustration with him, too, that's just a nice bonus. Still looking for his Admiralship's sense of humour. Will tell you when I found it. >.<

One-Hundred and Fifty Seven

The dinner was a very posh business with a gazillion of tiny courses. I was very glad about Seros' thorough training and only made a fool out of myself a little. Once my uniform and choice of topic had distracted Krennel from his more romantic intentions, it turned out to be a really nice evening.

Krennel knew what he was doing, though it was clear enough that sometimes he'd rather do something else, usually more drastic and violent. But Isard had her plans and he got enthusiastic about the progress on Chazwa. The armaments were />
  2. AzureAngel2 Chosen One

star 6
    He nodded indulgent of my innocent enthusiasm. ?And you can get your hands on the schematics without the Grand Admiral noticing??

?I can only try,? I had to admit. ?I am not sure about him noticing, he can be very closed lipped about what he notices or not. But you could try to get the plans from Bilbringi. They have built a few exemplars.?

There is no trying, hon. :p
  3. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Still I hope that one day Zahn gets his 25-book contract and can spend one or two of those on Pelly-centric novels. [face_love]

Lol! I thought it was 15 books? Well, the more the merrier! :D Some early Thrawn and Thrass adventures would be nice, too. *fangirly sigh*

I'll keep collecting those snippets and publish them once TRIDU is done. Okay?

Yes, yes, yes! [face_dancing] I'm looking forward to that.

Yes, the story of Khanathitera will be related in full. I just need to find good places to insert it. ;)

Okay, yay!

The lor'kina is in a way a very formalised system to use body language. Once you can take the pieces apart, I see no reason not to adapt them to human standards. That should be very useful. Exactly for making people think you are not using any obvious body language. If you know how you'd stand at ease, you just have to reproduce that. It's a piece of cake!

Yepp. That's why I loved the entire "canvas" thing.

You realise I wanted to put the cap on his head, right? :p

Well, that's where you would have put it. In case it's a naked statue, would have put it somewhere else in an effort to save the statue's dignity. Would have loved to see Krennel's expression at that. [face_laugh]

Still looking for his Admiralship's sense of humour. Will tell you when I found it.

I'm sure it's there....somewhere.

Once my uniform and choice of topic had distracted Krennel from his more romantic intentions, it turned out to be a really nice evening.

So, no shopping trip? I'm somewhat relieved. Or maybe he'll take you on one later.

Krennel knew what he was doing, though it was clear enough that sometimes he'd rather do something else, usually more drastic and violent.

[face_laugh] Why do I want to say "males" and roll my eyes?

I had to agree that this was definitely great and a model for other fortress worlds to follow.

[face_laugh] Schleimer!

He nodded indulgent of my innocent enthusiasm. ?And you can get your hands on the schematics without the Grand Admiral noticing??

You might even get them by asking. Thrawn has an interest in making you seem trustworthy to Krennel.

It was uncanny how Krennel followed a script I had dreamed up in my head as if this was some kind of ficlet. My amount of control over the situation was almost scary.

This is so amazing! I love how your talents just keep improving. Although I have to wonder if Krennel is just pretending to follow your script... [face_thinking] Then again, he's not exactly the sneaky type of guy.

Fun, fun, fun! I wondered if this was how Thrawn felt, but discarded the idea.

I'm wondering, too.

Even an internally bouncing Thrawn was not a mental image that worked. Though it was kinda cute.

Wahh, Mel! :eek: [face_hypnotized] 8-} That is one heck of a cute mental image. Aww...

I was ready to throw darts at unsuspecting Imperials which was probably just what Krennel had intended.

[face_laugh] OMG, yes, I recall what happened the last time you were drunk. I'm sure Krennel would appreciate you doing "Vode An", too! :p

After an odyssey through the bathroom, which found the whirlpool rather inconveniently situated in the middle of the room, I clambered into bed.

[face_laugh] Did you fall into the bathtub?

It was so huge. I was lost under a sea of blankets on an ocean of pillows.

Love the description!

A bed of this ridiculous size was not intended to be used by just one person. And there I cut my thoughts short and worked very hard on falling asleep.

Hmmmmm.....missing Thrawn? [face_mischief]

Rukh woke me in the morning. He didn't shout.

I'm sure if he were to wake you up in his native tongue, it would sound close to Klingon, though!

Rukh fell in behind us making the poor man a little nervous. Too bad that this was exactly Rukh's job.

Gotta love Rukh. I'm glad you have him with you.

Quarters, storage depots, vehicle sheds ? at least Roulsyn
  4. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    So you say, Azure. But I am not bound by the laws of the GFFA, or those of the Jedi. :p

Work on it, Chilla. It is ever to early (too late) to use body language consciously... [face_whistling]
    Not really like 'males. Krennel is on the very aggressive macho side of the male spectrum, probably right next to Conan.

He's following his own script, which mostly says: grab the Grand Admiral's girl (because he'd hate it) and foil the Thrawn's plans, get yourself in power, lay some women while doing so, hey there's the Grand Admiral's wench...:p

Oh dear. I am not sure what Krennel thinks about Mandos and clones. Maybe I should ask him.[face_mischief] That would at least offer some safe grounds for conversation if it works. [face_plain]

I did not fall into the bathtub, but it was a close call. :p I am not used to holes in my bathroom floor. :oops:

Possibly missing Thrawn. There's something fundamentally comforting about not having to sleep alone. [face_blush]
    And come on! I am sure his Admiralship looks at females when he gets the chance. Might be his reason to increase the amount of women in the fleet. :p

I like Imperials, even if they don't like me. [face_blush]
    And is there something more important than food? The only reason I'd chose Thrawn if I had food as other option is the possibility to turn him into steak in case of need. [face_laugh]

Author's Note: Since I won't have internet access for the weekend, this week's update is a little early...

One-Hundred and Fifty Eight

After lunch, which I spent with a rather surprised Roulsyn in the refectory of the medical section, because in an unguarded moment I pounced on another unsuspecting soldier and asked him what the best canteen was on the compound. Since he claimed it was the one of the medical wing that was where I towed an exasperated Lieutenant-Commander Roulsyn to to have an authentic military food experience. It was indeed pretty good, lacking in the dessert department but what was new?

Anyway, after lunch Krennel picked me up with a speeder that looked too sleek to be normal military equipment. It fit his personal tastes impeccably, though. And who was I to complain as I didn't have to fly it (neither did the Prince-Admiral, of course). We circled the more distant parts of the base and watched a field exercise with AT-STs for a bit while I assured Krennel how excellently Roulsyn had answered all my questions. The distant sound of the blaster cannons stirred very old memories that involved a living room, my sister and a screen full of Ewoks.

?Mellanna?? Krennel had noticed that I had spaced out. Oops.

?I was just thinking about my past.? I picked a radiant smile as I turned towards him.

?Was it a nice past??

?I can proudly say that I grew up completely among humans.?It was difficult not to laugh out loud, but my happy smile was perfect. ?I didn't see a single alien for the longest time.?

?You are a lucky person.? He placed his prosthetic hand on mine (not prosthetic. Probably 'as yet' seeing how losing a hand seemed to be obligatory in the GFFA.)

?Yes, I am.? I glanced at the blur of green and brown racing away below us.

?One of the problems we're faced with,? Krennel began ? it was amazing what a little daylight and an even more drab uniform did to his attitude, even though his hand stayed where it was - ?is how to conceal putting up the underground facilities without arousing suspicion.?

I was not quite sure who's suspicion that might be. The people of Chazwa shouldn't be too unhappy about being fortified. I suspected that he was referring to Thrawn's bit of the Empire, or any bit of Empire he and Isard did not rule. Well, well, somebody was carving out a niche.

The ground suddenly turned into a patchwork of brown and the speeder slowed down to allow a better view. Krennel ordered the windows opened so I could look down and around. The ground was open for miles around, layers of it were removed so that a chasm of shelves gaped below us. In the deepest mine an e/>
  5. AzureAngel2 Chosen One

star 6
    I like to hear more about your damnation as soon as possible, hon.

:D
  6. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    He's following his own script, which mostly says: grab the Grand Admiral's girl (because he'd hate it) and foil the Thrawn's plans, get yourself in power, lay some women while doing so, hey there's the Grand Admiral's wench...:p

[face_laugh]

The only reason I'd chose Thrawn if I had food as other option is the possibility to turn him into steak in case of need. [face_laugh]

NOOOOOOOO! :_| Bad, bad Mel! No blue steaks! Please control your cannibalistic tendencies!

The distant sound of the blaster cannons stirred very old memories that involved a living room, my sister and a screen full of Ewoks.

[face_laugh] You better not tell Krennel how easily his precious AT-ST's can be destroyed using a few logs of wood.

?I can proudly say that I grew up completely among humans.?It was difficult not to laugh out loud, but my happy smile was perfect. ?I didn't see a single alien for the longest time.?

[face_laugh] Krennel will envy you!

?You are a lucky person.? He placed his prosthetic hand on mine (not prosthetic. Probably 'as yet' seeing how looking a hand seemed to be obligatory in the GFFA.)

Losing a hand, Mel, losing! And I hope that you'll be spared that experience!

?Allow me.? He leaned over, resting his artificial hand on my headrest and looking out of my window, his face but a few inches from mine.

Ehem??? *unhappy face*

It took an inhuman effort of self-control not to break down with mad giggles. The Prince-Admiral was absolutely priceless.

I'm glad you can find something funny in this situation.

He was also used to getting what he wanted; despite the charming smile on his face the blue eyes were hard as steel.

Love your description of him.

The speeder dropped with roller-coaster worthy manoeuvres that led to instant grinning on my part. If Krennel was trying to impress me, he was currently doing pretty well.

* :rolleyes: at Mel*

I decided that I was very well able to open my door myself. So I did, only to find a slightly perplexed pilot standing next to it.

[face_laugh]

Unfortunately, it didn't look any more inviting than the mines of Moria, or probably Kessel to stay in the right universe.

Lol, Moria! "This is not a mine, this is a grave!" Tell that Krennel. I'd love to see his face... :p

And nobody could see inside my head. Except his Admiralship. Frag him.

Frag him: First word in German or English?

?Should ? unforeseen events force me to relocate.?

?You will always be welcome to me.?

Hopefully you won't need to go there. *shudders*

I really, really needed to find a way to make him realise that waiting for something did increase it's worth, not to mention pleasure, enormously.

Waiting for it for the rest of his life would be a good idea.

Not that I had much of a choice as to follow Krennel who not only brought me inside, but also talked to the owner for a while before telling me, I'd be collected again in a few hours.

I bet he told the owner to hide all dresses that don't show skin!

This shop catered to the anorexic and stylishly confused.

[face_laugh] Most fashion today looks like that.

It also took some heated word to ban pink from their list of offers.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh, I like Melanna so much! Why do people always think that just because you're female, you have to like pink?

In the end I managed to convince the women that two dresses were plenty and I didn't need any see-though nightgowns, thank you very much.

Buying that stuff would send all kinds of wrong signals to Krennel, even though Thrawn might appreciate your new clothes.... [face_blush] :p

Back at the base I found out that a pool designed for five is a problem for one, especially if you're challenged in the height department anyway. I kept drowning.

Lol! And you're still a bit taller than me!

The only concession to decency was that it did not show my butt crack. Barely. I had sat down repeatedly
  7. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    First: I refused another set of oven cloths with delusions of grandeur and sequins.

Loved this sentence! [face_laugh]:p

He's following his own script, which mostly says: grab the Grand Admiral's girl (because he'd hate it) and foil the Thrawn's plans, get yourself in power, lay some women while doing so, hey there's the Grand Admiral's wench... *dies* :p

Moving right along, Krennel is hilarious, getting thisclose to Mel like that. I'd have probably had a hard time not giggling, too. And the description of the clothes being 'anorexic' and such, is sadly true. I'm the size of a toothpick and there are dresses that don't even fit me. I did have fun picturing the entire shopping excursion, to get back on topic. :)
  8. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, thank you, Azure. [face_plain] I shall write you psotcards from hell.

What's wrong with Steak!Thrawn, Chilla? :p Let's hope he keeps me fed enough not to get ideas. [face_mischief]

I won't. [face_mischief] Should his Admiralship plan anything - eh, he probably knows about the weaknesses already. *lol

Mistake corrected. [face_blush] And I do plan to avoid that. [face_worried] I am rather attached to my hands.
    Aw, come on. Krennel is Teh Funny. [face_laugh] Okay, he might be dangerous, but so adorable in his efforts. *snigger* I really have no idea why you don't like the Prince-Admiral. [face_not_talking]

If Thrawn wants me to wear stuff like that, he has to take care of the problem in person. [face_mischief] Something I'd like to see. *tries to ban images of Thrawn in the lingerie department from her mind* [face_hypnotized]

Thank you, Thrawn. There is, IMO, too much so-called 'clothes' like that. [face_worried]
    I was happy I did not have to imagine the whole shopping.I am no fan of extensive shopping tours, even less so if the choice is so - awkward. [face_worried]

One-Hundred and Fifty Nine

My head was heavy and fuzzy when I woke up reluctantly. Rukh's insistent shaking did not improve anything, but my annoyed moan was cut short by a yelp of pain when he finally lost his patience. Intimate knowledge of the human body did allow you to inflict useful amounts of pain. I sat up rubbing my eyes. I felt like a furball turned dreadlocks.

Now, what? I looked around finding the mauve dress on the floor in the middle of the room. Hm. I definitely remembered the need to get out of it very urgently. Why? Ah, yes, Prince-Admiral. ?Bloody bastard.?

?Yes, he is waiting for you to finish breakfast so you can be off,? Rukh informed me.

Great. Just what I needed. Stumbling into the bathroom, I was forced to stop very suddenly to prevent a painful drop into the whirlpool. Gah! Whoever had designed this bath should be damned. And the designer of that dress with him. I scratched the small of my back self-consciously. Krennel had insisted ? insisted ? on escorting me back to my room. The first time I ever had a guy walk half a step behind me with his eyes glued on my back. GAH! I scratched my back again as if that would help getting rid of the memory. To think things would not improve tonight!

I stared at my image in the mirror. There was no way I would let her into any kind of company looking like this. Certainly not a guy she had to impress. Whether I liked that or not. Not so much anymore. His gaze felt clingy on my skin. I showered extensively.

?I did buy make-up?? I called back to Rukh when I was back in my comfortable and covering-all-of-me uniform again.

?You were unstoppable,? the Noghri confirmed. ?I have everything packed up ready to leave.?

?Did he put something in my drink?? I asked Rukh when he brought my bag. ?I feel as if a herd of ? bovines trampled over me.?

?The amount of wine you ingested is completely sufficient to explain your state of inebriation,? he replied. ?And also you hangover.? There was a definite tone of disapproval in his voice.

?I'm sorry.? I really was. Anything that forced you to apply make-up in the morning was something to be sorry for.

?You're treading a very fine line, Mellanna,? he growled.

?Don't I know it.? I sighed. ?But my fast mouth got the better of me ? again.? Was I detecting a pattern there? Maybe I should ask Thrawn to teach me when to shut up instead of another language. ?All I can do now is try to save my neck with careless talk.? I packed everything up again and plopped down on the floor for breakfast.

There was konot tea. Well, well. This was something where his Admiralship could take a leaf out of Krennel's book: pamper the madwoman. I made a tactical dent in the food selection. Maybe I should mention chocolate. The probability that I would get some seemed good. A lot better than with Thrawn. I was waiting for chocolate since when? With a sigh I got up.

?I think I have to take that thing along.? />
  9. AzureAngel2 Chosen One

star 6
    ?No,? he disagreed. ?You don't think enough. You also called the Grand Admiral a cold, blue-skinned bastard.?

?Hm.? I half smiled, despite the disaster of a dress I faced. The with cloth had a black-and-red pattern scattered over its part calling itself the top. It consisted mostly of two lengths of cloth. I would not have called it anything much, especially since I had a neckline down to my navel and the small of my back. I wondered what kept the cloth where it was supposed to stay. The looks of all men seeing it, probably.

Hallo, dress girl! :D

I bet the admiral loves you to be in awkward situations depending on his mercy.
  10. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Why? Ah, yes, Prince-Admiral. ?Bloody bastard.?

?Yes, he is waiting for you to finish breakfast so you can be off,? Rukh informed me.

[face_laugh] Rukh immediately knows who you are thinking of.

?I did buy make-up?? I called back to Rukh when I was back in my comfortable and covering-all-of-me uniform again.

?You were unstoppable,? the Noghri confirmed.

[face_laugh] Oh goodness, I love Rukh. *sees Mel on an epic make-up buying trip*

There was konot tea. Well, well. This was something where his Admiralship could take a leaf out of Krennel's book: pamper the madwoman.

Melanna isn't a madwoman, but I'd still like her to get pampered - but only by his Admiralship.

It was relaxing not having to watch each word I said. Expressing what crossed my mind made me more credible, honesty being a weapon and all that.

Why do I get the feeling Melanna will hate Csilla?

?His petty thirst for revenge will not matter,? Krennel promised, ?if you will accept my protection.? His eyes promised a lot more than mere protection.

Uhhhh. Creppy.

I tried to look up at him through my lashes, which was more difficult than I had thought.

It really is. And you feel like an idiot while trying it.

?You can do it,? he assured me. ?Just tell me one thing.? He took my hand. ?What is the reason for you to do this??

Sometimes he is almost cute.

?And,? I looked up into curious, but cold blue eyes. ?And I don't want to get dragged into all the conflicts. I don't want to decide. I don't want to be responsible! I don't want to be involved!?

The perfect girl for him. She'll let him have all the power. I bet he likes Melanna even more now.

What I made no effort of taking a note of was that here, too, the troops wore uniforms with those slight variations. I didn't think I could forget about that. It was too scary in its implications.
    That makes me curious. I wodner why they have different uniforms.

So I made rather useless notes that only translated back into useful information in my head.

[face_laugh] I really like Melanna.
    Alternatively, she could write in German or just use our alphabet, but that might alert Prince Charming that she actually has a brain.... *rolls eyes*

Oh, he did assure me that the door was locked from my side and there was no way he could open it should I not unlock it, but I was worried

*snorts* Yeah, sure. Heck, I'd be worried, too!

?So what is the mistake I made yesterday that I should avoid now?? I wondered out loud.

?You did thank the Prince-Admiral rather profusely for the clothes,? Rukh replied.

Oh. Yes, that is bad.

?It didn't? Where did it go to??

?You do realise that your new quarter has more than one cupboard for clothes.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Well, Thrawn is hardly the type of person who would outfit you and then throw it away after one use.

Rukh nodded. I had the feeling he wished to connect my head with the wall repeatedly.

Lol. Your head and walls....that's a match made in heaven, isn't it? You keep talking about banging it into walls.

I don't think Rukh would do that, though. But maybe he'd appreciate the helmet from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". The "Thinking Cap": "It is basically a helmet with a trigger device on top that resembles an automatic citrus juicer, which is why it is powered by common lemon juice. The effects of the thinking cap, in Zaphod's case, last about 10 minutes per lemon." (wikipedia)

I wondered what kept the cloth where it was supposed to stay. The looks of all men seeing it, probably.

I think that the looks of men will rather make it fall off or slide in ackward places.

=D= I had lots of fun again! Keep it up!
  11. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    I feel like an ungainly paperdoll, Azure. :p I do not approve.
    And stop giving me ideas about being at Thrawn's mercy. :oops:

Wouldn't think that difficult, Chilla. After all he has witnesses the whole evening.:oops: And Mellanna might consider a Thrawn who's pampering her more scary than any Krennel. :p

Oh, sh'e so love Csilla! Not. [face_laugh]

Feeling like an idiot is okay, thou. I find that it tends to work still. Don't ask me why. Maybe men have been socailly programmed to react to it even if it's silly.[face_thinking] And Krennel is cute. He'd probably kille me instantly should he ever find out how cute I think he is. [face_blush] And yes, alarming him to the fact that I use my brain would be a bad idea. [face_worried]

Thrawn would be thinking rationally. Mellanna most likely will just assume the worst. She likes jumping to conclusions. :oops: Stupid girl.

One-Hundred and Sixty

I had some difficulties to radiate comfortable self-confidence once I was in Krennel's company. The Prince-Admiral was very gentlemanly in his manners. He put up his most charming front, but the cold calculation rarely left his eyes. He wanted to test the waters and see how much I'd betray.

So I made certain the slips were far enough between and became more only as the evening progressed and with it my consumption of wine. It was translucent, of an almost bright green, fresh and sweet and cold. I ignored the glances straying over my body, happy that the table hid my belly button. With the tour of the day as starting ground I managed to draw the conversation away from private topics for a start. But of course, when work was involved, so was his Admiralship. And soon Krennel was on a roll.

They are not like us,? he told me. ?And though they can be useful, they cannot be trusted. Their standards and ethics are too different from ours.? He paused long enough to give me a meaningful glance. ?Aliens just are not up to humans. They don't think the way we do.?

?The Grand Admiral certainly does not think like us,? I agreed readily. ?I mean, he takes his tactics from art.?

?Art?? Krennel almost snorted.

?Yep, art,? I confirmed. It might be a good thing if the Prince-Admiral overestimated the influence of art on Thrawn's tactics and underestimated his military abilities. Paintings were all very well, but the psychological edge only worked on an already sharp mind. I pretended to be searching for the right words. ?He looks at paintings and such. And then he decides how to fight. Just like that.?

?That sounds like fluke to me.? Krennel shook his head.

?I'd think so too, but I have seen it work.? I shrugged helplessly. ?It's creepy. It sure ain't normal.?

?He is dangerous, too dangerous to keep,? he decided. ?If he'd know his place in the Empire, he might have stayed a useful tool, but thinking he can run it effectively...?

?That he does.? I sighed. ?But he's no politician. He's a military commander. Maybe he doesn't realise there's a difference.?

?Maybe his people didn't work out the difference yet,? Krennel snorted derisively.

I noted the idea for further exploration when sober. Having a military kind of politics sounded difficult but twisted in a way that made sense for Chiss. And what I remembered from the Wook was that outsiders usually had contact only with the military. How was that for politics?

?I wish I didn't have to bother with that at all.? The fervour with which I wished (because Chiss were indeed uncomfortably scary) must have shown in my voice. The Prince-Admiral felt compelled to take my hand and look at me like a puppy. Okay, he was actually looking like a man ready to slag a whole Empire it just translated into 'puppy' for me.

?Not much longer,? said the most dangerous puppy in the galaxy.

Swallowing, I nodded and tried to ban dark visions of my future among the Chiss from my mind.

?It hurts me to see you so tortured,? he went on. The prosthetic fingers closed around my hand painfully tight. ?And by an alien, too.?

I opened />
  12. AzureAngel2 Chosen One

star 6
    Räusper, räusper!

That mad jedi clone looking like Christopher Walken?

Hallo?

:rolleyes:

I will give you a lot of ideas next weekend when you visit my husband and me. Perhaps YOU can show us some art tactics with my art!

;)

13. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    He put up his most charming front, but the cold calculation rarely left his eyes. He wanted to test the waters and see how much I'd betray.

I love the way you describe Krennel.

?The Grand Admiral certainly does not think like us,? I agreed readily. ?I mean, he takes his tactics from art.?

?Art?? Krennel almost snorted.

Haha. Knew Krennel would look down on Thrawn even more for that.

?That he does.? I sighed. ?But he's no politician. He's a military commander. Maybe he doesn't realise there's a difference.?

Makes me wonder if Thrawn will assume the role of political leader of the Empire as well later on in your story. I think Melanna has a point. He's not a politician.

Okay, he was actually looking like a man ready to slag a whole Empire it just translated into 'puppy' for me.

[face_laugh] Melanna has the strangest mind.

?Not much longer,? said the most dangerous puppy in the galaxy.

There it is! There it is! My fav line in the Krennel story arc! I just love it! I laugh every time I read it.

I opened my eyes and tried to smile. ?Only a few more months,? I told him truthfully. ?Byss will be the last station for me.? Or so I believed. Or so I prayed.

Cause after Byss you'll go to Csilla....

?That it shall.? A predatory smile crept to his lips. ?The Emperor will -? he broke off and hesitated for a moment. ?The Empire will be different after that deployment, more like it used to be, like it should be. And people like you can retire from the thick of action.?

A slip from Krennel! :eek: So he's in on it that Palpy's still alive.

'People like me' was a nice description for women.

*snorts*

He regarded me for a long moment. ?You are crazy.?

Hihihi. I love Rukh. Makes me wished he'd survived in profic.

?You did nothing sensible in that time?? Rukh managed to sound very sceptical.

Well, you did save Rukh's life.

Men. You just couldn't win.

[face_laugh] And I thought that this was what men usually say about argueing with women.

I stand squeezed in, my back against the wall, unable to move, my face scraping over the rough surface.

Of course you would dream of being trapped in you're sleeping in a confined place.

He wants to stay but I want to leave when he wants to leave, but I want to stay.

Great line to capture the complicated situation. And fitting to the confusion that is common for dreams.

Familiar strangers surround me, dancing to the sound of my past, wavering in the fog of my memories. And I am invisible among their shadows, pressed against the wall. The red lightsaber flickers through the billowing crowd like eyes.

I love the way you write your story. Sometimes it's just like a poem. Mysterious and beautifully phrased.

=D= Great update! Sorry I'm so late! It occured to me that I should review before the next update.... [face_blush]
  14. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    I like Christopher Wlaken, Azure. And if that's the only way to get him into the story... [face_mischief]

He's great, Chilla. I am really fond of him in my own twisted way. [face_love] He is straightforward and actually gullible. :eek: By me. [face_hypnotized]

I think he does. The question is what will he make of that? FInd another political leader? WHo can he trust? Who is available? Is Baron Fel going to throttle him if he offers the position to him? :p

Krennel = puppy.
    I am sorry for him, but I cannot help it. :oops: He could probably destroy a whole planed and I'd have the urge to pat his head and say 'here, here' and feed him dog biscuits until he calms down. [face_blush]

Saving Rukh's life is certainly convenient for him, but was it sensible? [face_thinking] Same for Thrawn's life. I am sure happy the bastard is still alive but - was it a good idea?

I once heard an explanation about how dreams work. It makes perfect sense and I keep to it when setting up my own dream sequences. Outside circumstances do play into them, but they have their very own logic.

Ah, we talked about the update already. So I didn't expect you to show up at all. ;)
    On with the galaxy's most dangerous puppy.[face_laugh]

One-Hundred and Sixty One

I awoke unravaged except for a headache from trying to sit up. After crawling out from under the bed, I rubbed my forehead, bringing light to a whole new world of cramped muscles. My shoulders and back felt as if they were made of stone. Where was the whirlpool when you needed it? The long hot shower was a poor substitute.

Breakfast had also decreased in size. As expected the stuff missing was what I had not eaten much of before. Somebody was having a learning curve. I still had enough konot tea to wash down the grey yubi-porridge with the obligatory kolu syrup. Throwing random bits of fruit into the bowl also helped to improve the taste greatly. Habitus was a great thing, but why did it have to be so yukky?

?You will be around when I leave you behind, right?? I looked at Rukh over the remains of breakfast.

?Of course.?

?I don't think he'll try anything, but I shall sure feel better knowing you to be around.? And if Krennel had planned some assaults on my inviolacy, he'd had the perfect chance last night. I tried to find comfort in that.

Rukh showed his teeth. It might have been a reassuring smile. ?I have watched you train with DV-565. Seeing those techniques applied would be satisfying.?

I stared at him in stunned silence watching my mind going from immobile shock to a deluge of images of me applying the more grisly things on the Prince-Admiral which slowly congested into one urgent question. ?You think I could keep him at bay??

?Do you??

That was so typically Rukh. And also, as usual, going straight to the heart of the problem. If I didn't believe, it wouldn't help much. ?I'll have an eye out for the cybernetic hand,? I sighed. ?Biting into that would be inconvenient.?

?And do not forget about the knife.? His glance wandered towards my boot.

My hand followed it automatically. Then I nodded. Ready or not, here I came.

This time the Prince-Admiral himself was piloting a streamlined speeder through the landscape. Rukh managed to look forlorn on the backseat next to Krennel's hulking bodyguards. I leant back and inhaled the air that was thick with the scent of leaves and bark and bursts of bitter-sweet blossom.

?You do not get out a lot,? Krennel observed.

?No,? I agreed, feeling cool sunshine on my face.

?What a pity.? He elevated the speeder to a more scenic height.

I let the wind rush over my face after sending a grateful glance in Krennel's direction. Then I basked in the blue of the sky and the glittering green of the treetops racing by. I couldn't remember a sky so blue. I couldn't remember dark green leaves reflecting sunlight of pale gold. I didn't know suns could be rimmed in glowing red almost too pale to be visible.

Finally the speeder set down in heaven. Rock sprinkled hills rose gently around us, scat/>
  15. AzureAngel2 Chosen One

star 6
    It was a pleasure having you here in person with us.

[:D]

I awoke unravaged except for a headache from trying to sit up. After crawling out from under the bed, I rubbed my forehead, bringing light to a whole new world of cramped muscles. My shoulders and back felt as if they were made of stone. Where was the whirlpool when you needed it? The long hot shower was a poor substitute.

I hope you feel better than your main character after a lot of tea, self-made Halloween cookies & Chinese foood.
  16. serenity81 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What excellent updates you have dear!

My what better way to clobber your readers with then a puppy size Krennel.

And Mandos in the works too.

And the Palps end is near.

Caught up. :D

17. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    Great update! :) Also, Happy Halloween! [face_pumpkin]
  18. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    Mellanna is fine, Azure. :D
    I am occupied by hostile mutants forcing me at point balnk to write fanfics in a differnt fandom. :_| But there's some backup here, so no worries about updates. For now.

Krennel and Mandos are both very, excellent, serenity.
    Not sure what else I could clobber you with. More updates? Hope that's sufficient.[face_blush]

Thanks, Thrawn.:)

One-Hundred and Sixty Two

Three hours later the Muunaak towered in space before me. I was still a little sleepy because three hours did not leave much time for a nap if you had transmissions to do and reports to write. But I had tea, though drinking it while piloting proved to be difficult. There wasn't even a cup holder in the cockpit - Rukh did not count.

I emptied the cup as the tractor beam pulled us in, congratulating Krennel on his choice of a gift. I wouldn't mind if the men of this galaxy kept giving me tea. I would also not insist on the boxes looking as if they cost a multiple of the content.

Being back among normal people meant my dress code was pleasing again. I got to wear sensible jumpsuits like every other day. Almost. I did get the addition of a low hanging double holster so I could get at my shiny blasters easily. I might even look as if I could get off a shot in the general direction of its intended recipient. I felt like swaggering like Han Solo, but kept that for the eventual landfall. Shipfall, to be exact.

When I finally got to exit the Liberty, I forgot all about swaggering though, seeing Jaing flanked by two green Mandos waiting for me.

"Su'cuy!" I didn't wait to see what kind of greeting he had in mind but hugged him. "I'm glad to see you again."

He pried me off and held me at arm's length. "Shaping up to be a real little verd'ika, I see."

"Doing my best." I followed his eyes to my blasters. "Oh, those." I drew one out of its holster, spinning it around my finger before handing it to Jaing, grip first. And I so ignored the two guys in green that suddenly had their blaster muzzles trained at me. "I thought you might recognise them."

He took it carefully and studies the inlay. "Didn't expect to see them again. Certainly not on someone - on you."

"A probably embarrassing gift," I conceded. "I was told they were too hot to resell after Vau's demise."

"Which would have been quite a while ago."

"Yah, Thrawn is creepy like that sometimes." I accepted the weapon back. "I'd return them, if I knew how he'd take it."

"To who?"

"What do I know?" I shrugged.

"They didn't have a stun setting before," Jaing commented.

"No," I confirmed. "And they have been quite a bother to add, or so I heard. But if we could get going now? I am already late and I don't think Skywalker has time to waste."

"We can, if I get a summary."

"I'm infiltrating Byss from the other side," I just said and that seemed to be enough. I was escorted to a meeting where a group of T-visored faces already waited. One stood out immediately.

?Jusik!? My mood brightened some notches. ?How are you? You look great!?

?So you are a Jedi now? Being able to see through armour and all?? He mocked.

?Psh, Jedi,? I grinned. ?I can still use my lightsaber most successfully as immersion heater. For assessments like that I trust famed female intuition.

?Sir,? I nodded a greeting at Kom'rk who did a great job of hulking. ?Other Sirs, ma'ams.? I wondered if this was the result of not having one government that so many Mandos were assembled now. Being organised in self-sufficient splinter groups did have drawbacks. ?So,? I went on when everybody was seated. ?The Empire and you. How do you want to shape those relations?? The following silence was palpable. Maybe I should not have taken initiative like this.

?How can you influence that?? Kom'rk. Very endearing.

?Any way you want,? I assured him. I put my pad on the table and stared at it for a while. Then I pushed it over the table towards Jaing. ?I think it is still scanning and recording. You might want to do something about that.?

Mor/>
  19. AzureAngel2 Chosen One

star 6
    "Yah, Thrawn is creepy like that sometimes." I accepted the weapon back. "I'd return them, if I knew how he'd take it."

Creepy? Thrawn? Nay, sexy, clever and aloof. Sith are creepy. Any Dark Sider is. But Thrawny has class!

But does he not mind yet having you a love affair elsewhere?

Is it Eric, then you need to convert at one point to his religion.

Or is it the Professor?
  20. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Just finished getting up to date on this fic, and I gotta say I am enjoying this sooo much. I have laughed, I have nearly had eyes moisten, and I had to walk away when the Thrawn fan quiz identified me as a fanGirl for my computers safety.[face_talk_hand]

I really like how you have developed Ruhk, and Thrawn deciding to use an heir to accelarate his reintegration into Chiss society to eliminate the need for proxies is both really cool and disturbing on a whole new level. Gotta admit though, as a member of the vast medical worker fields I gotta wonder what exactly besides lumbar disc tweeks the docs did to you to make you compatible in a way that other Chiss would accept Thrawns child as one of their own in society and not as a being to be kept at the periphery as outsiders/aliens are.:-B
  21. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    Creepy Thrawn = Sexy Thrawn, Azure. ;)
    And I don't really care what he thinks right now. Still happily chasing Mr. lensherr. And yes, been there, done that, though the only time I could join celebrating Shabbat is quite a long time past. But hey, the internet knows everything except how things make you feel, and I'have that.;)

Thank you, Mitth. Eliciting emotions is just what I want. Glad you like it. :D
    And you shall find out what else they did. though mostly I just decree that it is possible because I am the author and everybody does as I say. :p

One-Hundred and Sixty Three

I was falling asleep over a cup of tea when Jusik came to collect me. ?You have a visitor,? he said and I was in no state to wonder about that. Chazwa had had one time zone, and the Mandos were on something completely different. I was willing to bet that the Chimaera was in a different time zone altogether again. This was worse than jet lag. I supposed.

I wished the tea had woken me more. I felt like a sleepwalker. I didn't even realise that Jusik was out of armour until I noticed the expression on his face. ?You do like to live dangerous, don't you??

I shrugged. ?I like to be alive as much as the next person. I just think there's things more important overall.?

He shook his head in disapproval. ?He might share our opinion on that and then you are in trouble. What did you give him?? Jusik looked worried.

?The location of a person,? I replied softly. ?I feel so stupid for being so scared of him.?

He laughed. ?You are stupid, because you're not more afraid of any of us others.?

He was so right. I slumped. ?You're simply the good guys in my book, with all that entails in my head even if that is a huge misinterpretation.? I sighed. ?But I like it. I like feeling safe.? My smile was apologetic.

?Just don't get killed by your sense of security,? Jusik warned and ushered me into the hangar.

For a stupefied moment I wondered if it was already time to leave again and where Jaing was when I saw the figure approaching. I rubbed my eyes. Maybe I was sleepwalking. ?Arn!? The only reason I didn't sprint of to mow him down with enthusiasm was my state of complete befuddlement coming from no sleep and not enough tea after long talks with sneaky Mandalorians.

His grin rivalled young Han's, not to mention he looked a lot better, not only because of that snappy Imperial uniform. Foregoing any Imperial protocol I glomped him. Gods, I had been missing that little critter. When he made exaggerated choking noises I let go off him again. ?Where have you been??

?Oh, around and about.? He shrugged.

?Is this all I will ever get to know about it?? I tried to arch a brow.

?Possible,? he replied without a trace of contrition. ?It's all on a strictly need-to-know basis.?

?And as usual, I need to know nothing,? I sighed.

?On the contrary,? he objected. ?You need to know quite a lot. Which is why I am here to fill you in.?

?And listen in on my negotiations.? I managed not to glance at Jusik.

?Naturally. We cannot have you scare away our Jedi Master,? Arn grinned. Again I managed not to look at Jusik. But technically Arn was right and the Mando beside me not really a Jedi. ?So, how have you been progressing??

?Fine.? My nasty streak surfaced as I took his arm and dragged him off. I began an extensive recount of my training and shooting exercises. From his reaction I could read that those were not quite the fields he had been thinking about. But that was not my problem and I would leave it up to him how and when to bring up the very delicate topic. Instead I made much of Krennel and his efforts to impress me and how much fun that had been.

I had just settled down again with another cup of tea ( a strong citric taste with chilli seemed to be a favourite here) when another Mando arrived to pick us up. This time it was Jaing informing us of Skywalker's arrival. I cast a mournful glance into cup. Would I ever get to finish a cup of tea in peace again?

There was a surprisingly bi/>
  22. AzureAngel2 Chosen One

star 6
    ?Mellanna Morrison, coordinator of the Byss mission.? I wasn't sure how to introduce myself. I only knew I would not start by being Thrawn's wench. ?Voice of reason and super-glue of this cooperation.?

Hi there, voice of reason and super-glue of this fanfic. I hope you have plenty of tea in stock for the long winter ahead.

Just love this update because you have all this important people sitting with you at the same table.
  23. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ooooh, round-table...this shall be intriguing and fun. Loved the intros. :p
  24. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    I had tea. Everything was well. For one moment at least.

Definately a high point I would suspect, although I wonder if the Noghri are having a minor exchange of their own. One serving a woman 'Imperial' the other the son of Vader, should be an interesting meet and greet if they get the time to do so.
  25. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    Finally, Azure. Now let's just hope those important people do sensible things. [face_worried]
    Tea is no worry, there's shops here. ;)

Those were fun to write, Thrawn. Though I ahd to take care not to go all-out fangilry on them. People might have noticed. [face_blush]

I am sure the Noghri have a lot to tell each other, Mitth_Fisto. I am also very sure Mellanna will get to know baout nothing of the subjects dicussed. :oops:

One-Hundred and Sixty Four

Of course the tea-induced perfection couldn't last forever. And getting my act together, I did not return to reality reluctantly, but opened my eyes and was there. Unfortunately. The mood had not brightened perceptibly overall.

?So, what we're here to do is agree on a structure that allows us to concert a joint attack on Byss and dispose of the reborn Emperor. Can we agree on that??

More or less visible nods answered me. So far so good. Now-

?How do you know he is back at Byss?? Boba asked into the silence.

The agreement turned into curiosity. Oh dear. ?I know,? I replied pointedly. ?And we have a unit on Byss who managed to send information already without being caught.?

?He will keep sending information?? He went on.

?If he can.? I did my best to stay calm. His tone was enough to drive me up the pole. ?The ultimate goal is to have him transmit crucial data from the surface when it is too late for Palpatine to do something about the breach.?

?That might be a bit too late to have such data,? Han chimed in. Now that was an unlikely alliance right there.

?The unit in question has worked with the organiser of the attack for fifteen years, so I think they understand each other. Not to mention that I have faith in Thrawn as well as Ackbar that they can handle fast thinking in relation to upcoming fighting.?

Before I could get out another word, everybody else tried to beat me to it. And the estimation of how much time would be enough, or not enough and which degree of usefulness was worth the risk or not and who would be graded how and why and could you PPOR that please. Anyway, who would handle it and who would get it when and how and shouldn't everybody know at the same time and how should that work out, really?

I decided to concentrate on drinking tea which was certainly a lot more dignified that bounce your forehead of the tabletop with a resigned sigh. ?Okay, are you done yet?? I asked into a relative lull of the discussion.

Eleven faces turned to look at me, not counting the Noghri. I had the sad feeling that they had already discarded me (rather truthful) as harmless. ?Because I don't think this will get us anywhere. Just saying.? I took another sip of my tea. It tasted slightly green and decidedly bitter. ?Nobody wants to forgo the information. Everybody should get it, I agree there. But I don't think any of our commanding officers will agree to lead the battle from the other party's flagship.?

My smile was brittle and rather desperate. ?And seeing the communications infrastructure necessary, I don't think anything smaller than this,? I waved a hand generally around, ?will be able to handle it.?

Nods of agreement followed. I suspected they agreed to the latter part of the statement. ?So neutral ground will be - ? I stopped myself. Neutral ground would be, lets say a Star Destroyer, only it wasn't allowed to be an Imperial Star Destroyer. Well. I looked at Mara very slowly. ?There might be a ship we could use. I think??

She was rigid and her nod almost imperceptible. ?Maybe.?

?I will leave it to you then. The offer is,? I suddenly grinned, ?complete repairs and for distinction purposes a nice new paint coat. Maybe red??

She raised a brow. It was annoying how everybody in this universe seemed able to do this except for me. ?I will suggest this.?

?Great.? If anybody was bothered by how she didn't say who she'd ask, I assumed they knew. If everybody else was able to raise a single brow, they were sure capable of gathering information of a rogue Star Destroyer. ?So, assuming we will have neutral groun/>
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade