main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~ The reason I didn't update...~ finished on ff.n, part II started

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Feb 1, 2008.

1. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Um...

I LOVE THIS STORY.

:D

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

[face_laugh]

You're a crazy woman :) PM me with updates?

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "Intelligence makes sexy." My hand flew to my mouth but it was ages to late. How could I let that slip? I felt myself blush to a Thrawn's-eyes-red, meaning I was actually glowing from inside. So much for thinking first.

How true! Of course, that whole "bad boy" thing isn't too shabby either! :p

=D=

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Woohoo, I get salutes![face_dancing] Thanks, Idri. My hair is just shoulder-length, but I'd hate to have is completely short,too. Never touch a girl's hair.[face_shame_on_you]

Alexis - I googled him and you're right. There is a Prince Arn in Prince Valiant.:eek: 8-} :oops: Nothing to do with anything, though. Promise. But - but - he's Thrawn!

katriene - I bet pics of Thrawn are pinned into the lockers of female Imperials all over the fleet.[face_laugh] And I be he knows.[face_mischief]

I can't wait to see you in rl, Ale, and have you shout Urmgrsrk! when you see me. It will be - interesting.[:D]

Furry! Welcome in a thread on this site for a change.:D You have been listified. And I am not crazy. [face_not_talking] (I'm starkravingmad:p )

Sophisticated bad boy, Vadey. [face_mischief] An irresistible mix, unfortunately.

[u]Twenty [/u]

Off the days annoyances - Thrawn again. But I better start at the beginning. The day began very nice, after all. My breakfast included the teeth-kicking tea again and together with Arn shouting at me, it made a pretty perfect morning. I took a second to wonder where my lingering tiredness had vanished, too, and decided to blame it on the new diet.

In the gym somebody had been considerate without end and procured some sticks and it did not surprise me that Arn seemed acquainted with the idea of sinawalis suddenly. I felt pretty much pampered, even after he beat the Sith out of me. He had probably spent some time on practicing while I had to endure Officer Seros or the manipulating guy in white.

The latter had scheduled yet another meeting for today, and I wondered what had gone wrong on Wayland to demand that. I still loved Thrawn to tiny fangirly bits, but I was not sure how much I actually liked him. This was getting an increasingly difficult relationship. Well, only for me, of course. But if there was somebody able to find a way how to be a rabid fangirl of somebody who was actually a five-word ToS-violation starting with 'b', it was me. And in case it didn't work out, I could still change sides and go Mando. Oya.

Well, instead of Mando, I went native. Arn dressed me up in a real Imperial uniform after lunch and it was amazing to see myself in it. It looked - disturbing. But I had a nice Imperial Seal patched on each shoulder and a cap that was silly enough to distract from my horrible haircut. Wondering where the sudden change of clothes came from, I followed Arn. He seemed a bit nervous. Maybe I should have taken the hint, but I was too busy wondering.

Only when we stopped in a very foreign place aboard and he put a hand on my shoulder squeezing it slightly, I began to worry. He gave me an encouraging nod, and left. Turning to the door, I wondered if it was the short cut to vacuum or worse.

It was worse. Actually, it was a conference room with a huge window and space for many people, but right then it was only occupied by Thrawn, and C'baoth. I suddenly got why Arn had been a bit upset and decided to be even more so. I grabbed a cup of whatever on my way towards them because it was always nice to have something to hold on to. Even if it was just a cup of a caffeine containing hot beverage. Glancing around, I finally spotted Rhukh, and indeed managed to walk on without gawking. He was quite a sight, even if he merged almost perfectly with the grey background.

No matter how much 'nightmare on legs' description was out there, and disregarding how true it was, Noghri were my Ewoks. The only reason I didn't feel the urge to pinch his cheeks was that they were so taut. It would probably need quite some effort to pinch anything on that bundle of sinews and muscle.

I sat down as far as politely possible from the two men, facing C'baoth. My fingers clenched around the cup, I didn't even feel if it was hot or not.

"Manners, Private Morrison," Thrawn chided me instantly.

"Oh, um." I let go off the cup, jumped up and click

4. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, I must admit that I've always been fond of the Noghri as well. They're ADORABLE, in a lethal and deadly sort of way. :p

No matter how much 'nightmare on legs' description was out there, and disregarding how true it was, Noghri were my Ewoks. The only reason I didn't feel the urge to pinch his cheeks was that they were so taut. It would probably need quite some effort to pinch anything on that bundle of sinews and muscle.

Awww.... [face_love]

=D=

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    "Teh boring?" :p You're Force sensitive, girl! Sort of... :p

I'm not sure if I would want C'boath teaching me though... ;) Imperials, I would be willing to hang out with, but not C'baoth. 8-}

The latter had scheduled yet another meeting for today, and I wondered what had gone wrong on Wayland to demand that. I still loved Thrawn to tiny fangirly bits, but I was not sure how much I actually liked him. This was getting an increasingly difficult relationship. Well, only for me, of course. But if there was somebody able to find a way how to be a rabid fangirl of somebody who was actually a five-word ToS-violation starting with 'b', it was me. And in case it didn't work out, I could still change sides and go Mando. Oya.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    I've never seen anything like this in my life. It's amazing. It's incredible. It rocks my socks off. It's potentially career-threatening--if you were my co-workers, wouldn't you be curious why the intern is cracking up while supposedly back-checking electrical controls in a training manual for a maleic anhydride plant? Not the most giggly job in the world, I'm tellin ya.

Okay. The creativity of this is starkravingmad. Most self-inserts are the cringy kind. This is like, what we'd all be like in SW!! Oh, and I feel that way about the Nohgri, too. :D Ever since I read that scene where they all donned Jawa outfits. Awww moment right there. The last part of this, with her lamenting her crush on Thrawn and spectulating on Mandos, had me laughing out loud. I'm glad you keep finding reasons not to update here! :D

...um...you know what I mean. :D

MsLanna is made of excellent awesomeness. :cool:

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Aaaaaaw, look at Arn being so nice to Mellana!
    Maybe Mellana can strip him naked now? :D[face_laugh]
    Yes, ignore that comment.

I still loved Thrawn to tiny fangirly bits, but I was not sure how much I actually liked him. This was getting an increasingly difficult relationship. Well, only for me, of course. But if there was somebody able to find a way how to be a rabid fangirl of somebody who was actually a five-word ToS-violation starting with 'b', it was me

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

C'baoth's evil. I hope she watches out for herself.
    I nice twist that she's Force sensitive.

Great update!

8. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Oooh, great twist! =D=

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh, man, that is CREEPY! I wouldn't like to be trained by C'baoth either. The man's a lunatic. *shudders* I can't wait to see what happens next!

Great update =D=

10. Stroja

Stroja Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2008
    [face_worried] Where's that blue pill when you need it?

11. katriene

katriene Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2008
    Oh, dear. Now I'm seriously concerned for Mel - C'baoth is bad news! I have been in frightening corporate meetings before, but what she went through was grueling. And now she's got a 'presence in the Force' for them to exploit...uhoh!
    Haha...Mel and I have too much in common! [face_blush]

12. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    C'baoth...

No good can come of this.
    :_|

I just hope Arn doesn't get hurt trying to stand up for you with the mad one!

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Vadey - Noghri are Teh Cute, especially in their deadly, lethal way. I just wish, there was plushies available, somewhere...

furry - [face_blush] I hope your career ist still intact? Reading at home does solve the problem, you know.;) I do cringe at this one, too. How can one person be so stupid - no, don't tell me! I'm sure I can find out on my own...:oops:

Ceillean - [face_shame_on_you] Poor Arn. He's in for some rough times, and none of them include stipping him naked.:p
    And who said I was Force-sensitive? C'baoth? You believe him? o_O

Thrawn - I feel all twisted, alright.[face_beatup] 8-}

Alexis - C'baoth is bad news. I wouldn't want to meet him. Creepy doesn't begin to cover it.:_|

Stroja - What's in that pill? Doesn't matter, I'll take it anway.[face_worried]

katriene - Somehow the ideas of 'C'baoth' and 'exploit' don't sound so good together.[face_worried] Stupid Force, I know why I don't want to be a Jedi...
    Heeey, my ToS-violation, he is!:p

Ale - You know Arn, but he doesn't know C'baoth. Will he even remember to stand up in the right moment?:confused:

[u]Twenty-one[/u]

[i]Get your sorry ass out of bed and do something for the Empire![/i]

I pulled the blanket over my head ignoring the rest of the message. Today, I would have to face C'baoth as teacher. I was not ready. Dread the day?. Oh yes, I certainly was doing so. Not that it would help any. The only thing that could save me now was sudden death; preferably that of C'baoth.

I got up, hurried through the morning routine and arrived at the gym in a most grumpy mood. When cheering me up with a showy sinawali didn't work, Arn chased me through a most exhausting course, but I didn't even bother to complain. My mind was not nearly anywhere close to where my body currently sweated through another set of sit-ups.

In retrospect, I should not have been surprised that I showed up funnily in the Force. I didn't belong here and it was probably looking for a way to kick me out again, or maybe, even worse, for a way to adapt me. I wanted to go home. It was amazing how much homesickness a single Dark Jedi could provoke.

I made a list of things I would certainly amend and do better when I got home. It was pretty long by the time the exercises were over, and the more exhausted I got, the lower 'taking up sports again' dropped on it. Maybe the Empire could throw Darth Laziness out of my life here, but I had few illusions as to what would happen once there was no Ensign Arn to shout me through my day anymore.

Seros had much to his surprise been give the commission to lecture me on the history of Sith in the Empire. He was not pleased, and I seemed better informed anyway. Darth Maul, Dooku, Sidious and Grievous, it was a sad list and then there was always Vader left; and now C'baoth.

"I don't like it," I said. "Sith are always bad news, they are unreliable, and have no code to predict their actions. In the end, they are never worth the effort."

"Grand Admiral Thrawn has good reasons to have you instructed on this," Seros replied. "Caution is necessary."

"I'm not gonna be the next wannabe Darth Vader," I shook my head. "Funny Force or whatever, the day I get Force sensitive there will be -" I had wanted to say 'red Star Destroyers' but I caught me just in time. No need to tempt fate. "There will be pink TIE Fighters." Now that was a safer bet; after all Stacey was in the rebellion.

It didn't seem to calm Seros. He still kept a pretty distance, treading as careful as if I would strike him down with Force-lightning if annoyed. I must admit that it was an idea that would have been funny only a day ago, but right then, I even felt sorry for him. I knew how it felt to face a Dark Jedi and I didn't envy him. Only that his fearsome Sith was just me, which made it all a bit laughable.

Well, I didn't laugh then, and lunch with Arn was a rather silent matter, too. At lea

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, at least you're doing something for the Empire. :p

15. Stroja

Stroja Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2008
    From Dark Jedi in training to postal worker. Yep, she's doomed.

You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
    You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
    :cool:

16. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    I've just spent the whole evening reading this, and it's just wonderful! =D= Great story!

17. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I feel for you. I would be completely creeped out if I had to be in the same room as C'boath.

great story. PM me when you update?

Edit: also I think you are turning me into a Thrawn fan with this story ><

18. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    [face_laugh]
    I was so doomed. Not even 3PO could properly express the degree of doom I was in.

;)

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    No Thrawn? I'm disappointed in you. :p ;)

"I'm not gonna be the next wannabe Darth Vader," I shook my head. "Funny Force or whatever, the day I get Force sensitive there will be -" I had wanted to say 'red Star Destroyers' but I caught me just in time. No need to tempt fate. "There will be pink TIE Fighters." Now that was a safer bet; after all Stacey was in the rebellion.

[face_laugh]

I'd love to see pink TIE Fighters! [face_laugh]

Interesting meeting with C'baoth. I'd be completely creeped out too. It's a good thing that's you with the Imps and not me. :p

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! :D

=D=

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Alexis - Yeah, and the great fun that was.[face_plain] I just hope I get a pay raise for it.:p

Stroja - Ah, okay. I don't think there's any pills like that for me.:( And I think this is leading a lot further down, still.

aurrasingrules101 - Glad you like it.:D

Amanda - Sure I'll pm you.:) You can be a fan of Thrawn, just remember that he's mine.:p

Ale - I'd use a huggy face, but you won't get them from me anymore.:p

Idri - Eeep! Please no! Pink is not a clolour, it's an insult.:_| Well, in compensation I get to see Thrawn. Sometimes. I think. Please?[face_batting]

Vadey - Thank you.

[u]Twenty-two [/u]

[i]Get your sorry ass out of bed and do something for the Empire!

Go, go, go! This is not a pleasure cruise!

Move it!![/i]

I didn't move, not immediately, anyway. Any day now could be another day I had to face C'baoth. Any day was a day I was not at home. Home. What was going on there? I was here for how long now? Too long for sure. And any day with that mad Jedi clone was certainly a day too much. Almost no amount of Thrawn could make up for that.

My thoughts lingered on the topic until I read my schedule for the day during breakfast. This time, the food looked like somebody had mixed the receipts for muesli and tarator, but it tasted fine. A bit on the runny side, maybe somebody should tell the Empire about yoghurt. It looked as if the day before was going to be a template of my future. The meeting with C'baoth glared at me maliciously. Thrawn was absent from my day again, probably plotting to take over the galaxy; or shopping for art; or making up a plan to combine both.

So I was missing for two weeks at home now. And here I was barely thinking about it. I felt guilty about not thinking about it much, after all, that was my home, my live, my everything. It was incredible that a simple war and one dark Jedi should keep me so occupied I forgot about my whole family, boyfriend, and friends over them. But try as I might, I could not concentrate on my homesickness and loos with the next meeting with C'baoth being scheduled for the afternoon.

I indulged myself and did a real headdesk. The resulting sound was comforting and the pain in my forehead was immediately cooled by the durasteel of the table. I closed my eyes, trying to find my centre, or at least some motivation to go through the day. Breathe in - breathe out.

[i]I can make it.[/i]
    Breathe in.
    [i]I have to make it.[/i]
    Breathe out.
    [i]I have no choice, really.[/i]
    Breathe in.
    [i]Damned.[/i]
    Sigh.

It was no good. My pad yelled at me that I would be late, if I didn't get going right now. As if I had any wish to be sportive right now. I grabbed it with a huff and trudged off. Maybe it would be better tomorrow. After all, it should be the last day of the week and if C'baoth didn't ruin my live completely, I might just get into the simulators again.

What was great about the new schedule was lunch with Arn. I had gotten so used to eating alone that company was a nice change. Additionally, I got to eat in a refectory. The buzz of people around gave me the feeling that I did not live in a bubble created out of Arn, Seros, and a few other carefully chosen people.

"Ready for another meeting?" Arn asked while I poked my dessert. It was some pinkly-yellow jelly with bits that were hopefully fruit in it. It wobbled nicely and was shiny wile doing so - perfect distraction. I poked it some more and shook my head.

"It's not as if anybody asked my consent, though." I watched the light reflections on the jelly. Finally I looked up. "That makes it all the easier and so much more complicated."

"The moral ambiguity of simply following orders?"

"No, more like the moral ambiguity of doing stuff you're not really behind but not having a choice. I have nowhere to go."

"You don't have to go anywhere; just stay."

I began to methodically cut the jelly into pieces. "So I can dec

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    C'Boath messed with Arn! :mad:

I really dislike how Thrawn seems to be using you to keep C'Boath busy. I hope he intervenes sooner rather than later. C'Boath is still the creepiest villain in Star Wars.

Update again! :p

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    So, they're hoping with your help, Thrawn will be Emperor, eh? [face_thinking]

I'm wondering how Thrawn would have dealt with the Yuuzhan Vong... if he would have allied himself with the New Republic or not.

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    "Right," I almost snorted. "Nobody can escape my guiles and I'll end up Empress of the new Empire."

Arn looked me up and down. "In your dreams."

Shoving my plate away, I shook my head. "Not really, wouldn't want to end up marrying a Fel. I'm not even sure which of them anyway."

"Fel?" ha wondered. "You seem to forget that the future you remember will not come to pass. With the success of your - mission, the next Emperor will be the Grand Admiral."

[face_laugh]

Whoops. You're spoiling them, Lanna! However, the Imps seem quite sure that Thrawn will be Emperor, so I'm guessing they're not too concerned about your outburst right now. :p

I eyed it carefully. Somehow, I had always hoped my life to be a bit longer, ten inches didn't look like a lot. Also, I wanted my life colourful and doubted there were any sabers with plaid patterns. The handle felt alien in my grip, very different from the FX-sabers, colder, more serious, deadly.

You could learn to make your own saber and invent the plaid one. [face_mischief]

C'boath seems to enjoy being creepy. [face_plain]

Awesome update! :D

25. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I seriously despise C'boath. [face_plain]

*makes a note to beat up C'boath with my flag from band* :p

Thrawn was absent from my day again,

aww poor you :(

btw thanks for the PM [:D]