main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~ The reason I didn't update...~ finished on ff.n, part II started

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Feb 1, 2008.

1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Oya, schedule! I am back!!:D

Thanks Alexis. It's ncie to have fun for an update or two. Somehow I doubt it'll last long. Btw, when are you going to update, huh?[face_batting]

Not going to make a sociological study about Noghri and sarcasm, Idri. But if you like, you can.:p I am much a movie type. And there it is obviously 'bleep' .

Thrawn is complicated. I don't know what he wants, Amanda. ;) Please leave Rhukh alive yet. I might need him later? [face_batting] And the last reply was for the silly update before the Drinking Game. No problem if you don't like alcohol. But when I remember the non-alcoholic alternatives of way-back-times. *shudders* Dry dog food is just not tasty; especially the liver-flavoured bits.[face_sick]

You're not obliged to comment at all, Sinre.[:D] Nobody on the pm-list is.
    It takes a lot for me to snap. But I think it will happen. Eventually.
    I just love knives. And being the klutz I am ... Hey, what's wrong with Arn? After all he gets paid to be nice to me. :p

I don't think many people ever took me seriously, Vadey. Not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing.:confused:

[u]Twenty-five[/u]

[i]I run through the Chimera again, at least I think it's the chimera. The corridors look all the same, I am getting nowhere. I am running away anyway, there is somebody after me, I know it. I speed up. But it is stupid and dangerous, I hold an ignited lightsaber in my hand, the green light casts an eerie sheen over the grey walls.

If I don't find it soon, I'll be lost, but I have no clue what I am looking for and he is closing in. There is writing on the walls, and I cannot read it. It does not bother me, I can never read in my dreams. The letters snake over the surface, living hieroglyphs telling a story I cannot understand. Might be my story, I don't understand any of that either.

He reaches me. I turn. It is Christopher Walken again, a red lightsaber glowing in his hand. He looks put out.

"Now that you now what he looks like, would you mind leaving me out of this?" he demands.

Our sabers clash, and I nod helplessly. His features begin to morph, but I cannot really see into what, I am too busy fighting. And I am loosing.

He has me pinned against the wall, disapproval on his face and a million questions flickering through his eyes.

I have only one answer. So I wrap my arms around him, burrowing my hand in his black hair - but I have just enough time to find out how good a kisser he is before -

? do something for the Empire![/i]

I snap upright on my, not sure if I was scared to death or slightly aroused. Both I had to admit in the end, which was scary all in itself. Too bad there was no way to have a cold sonic, but the tea brought me back to my normal self soon enough. The good thing was that after it, even if reality kicked you in the face full-force, it was only half so bad. You had seen worse.

I played with my wafers, trying to make up my mind on whether to take initiative or not. And where to start, my life, my future, and then there was always Rhukh and Luke, and Arn, and - my pad barked at me, to get my sorry ass into the gym. Initiative would have to wait.

Wandering down the corridor, I wondered why I didn't have a blazing headache. Most of the last night was a blur. I remember a lot of drinking and joking, Toris had come and talked a lot about the good old times. I didn't remember much of that, but I think Tem-clones had been mentioned. And then there was that story I had told, that had them all guffawing. I just wished I could remember what it had been about.

Maybe it had just been the one with the stars, or the one about potato salad. With a bit of bad luck it could even have been the one about the electrical fence. I hope it hadn't. That had been real embarrassing. Suddenly, I was very glad for having led such a boring and decent life for the most time.

Arn awaited me I the gym, not looking at all li

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    He reaches me. I turn. It is Christopher Walken again, a red lightsaber glowing in his hand. He looks put out.

You know, having seen only one film with Christopher Walken it in and that film being Sleepy Hollow, that image is actually making me quite scared. :p

Though, apparently, you have other things on your mind. ;) You've most likely seen his other films. :p

I played with my wafers, trying to make up my mind on whether to take initiative or not. And where to start, my life, my future, and then there was always Rhukh and Luke, and Arn, and - my pad barked at me, to get my sorry ass into the gym. Initiative would have to wait.

Being commanded by technology again and having it interrupt your daydreams? Poor you. :p

"In your own words?" Arn was enjoying himself too much for my liking. "You picked the dart out of his arm saying 'Sorry, I seem to have stuck something into you. If you want satisfaction, I'm all game. You can use this, or your own dart.' And his reaction was pretty what yours is now."

Fierfek. Frigging, ToS-violating bleep!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Somehow I doubt that he would be thinking the words "TOS-violating bleep" though. :p

Awesome update, Lanna! :D

3. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Oh, this just keeps getting better and better! I love what you said while you were drunk. [face_laugh]:p

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    "In your own words?" Arn was enjoying himself too much for my liking. "You picked the dart out of his arm saying 'Sorry, I seem to have stuck something into you. If you want satisfaction, I'm all game. You can use this, or your own dart.' And his reaction was pretty what yours is now."

[face_laugh] At least it was only his arm and not a leg. :p

Oh, and I will update this weekend. ;)

5. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    great update Lanna.

Please leave Rhukh alive yet. I might need him later?

awww

"Off to the bridge," Arn said checking his chrono.

The bridge? Now that sounded ominous. I couldn't think of any business I had being on the bridge. But hey, it might get me around my session with C'baoth. And afterwards, I'd get adventurous and see if I could find out a way not only to sort mail, but to send some, too. Not that I knew whom to mail yet. Or, well, maybe I did. But that all depended. But first things first. It was time to visit my fave, ToS-violating Grand Admiral on the bridge of his flagship.

And that is the reason I didn't update here.

hmmm I wonder what you're needed for on the bridge [face_thinking]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! =D=

7. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Christopher Walken?!?! :eek: :p

Don't you mean: "Now. that you know. what. he looks like. would you mind. leaving. me. out of, this?" he demands.

:p

"In your own words?" Arn was enjoying himself too much for my liking. "You picked the dart out of his arm saying 'Sorry, I seem to have stuck something into you. If you want satisfaction, I'm all game. You can use this, or your own dart.'

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

I missed this fic for the past week or so...[face_whistling]

8. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Idri - You're right, I saw more movies with him. Try and watch 'The Prophecy'.[face_love]
    I like 'ToS-violating bleep'. Of course, that kind of swearing is nowhere more fun than here.:D

Thrawn - It's always better when you're drunk. Or so I heard.[face_whistling]

Alexis - I think, if I had made it a leg, I might have gotten banned.;) But we have big imagination, just go ahead.[face_mischief]

Amanda - Not 'aw'. I have plans. No, really.:p And the bridge is never a good place to be; you got that right.[face_worried]

Thanks Vadey.[:D]

Ale - I happen to like Christopher Walken; and I can see, you saw him in some movies, too.:D
    The Cherez incident was for you. Don't ask me how come I think you would like it.:p
    [:D] ;)

[u]Twenty-six[/u]

Oh, the joys of being Padawan of a mad Jedi Master in the middle of war. I think that being in the Clone Wars would have been bad enough, but this -. I sat rather scared at C'baoth's side, my eyes darting around the bridge of the [i]Chimera[/i]. We were about to engage in battle, and somehow the concentrated tension of the crew made me edgy. I had no purpose whatsoever here, and I felt it.

"Do not worry, my Padawan," C'baoth said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "This will be very educational for you, just follow my lead in the Force."

I nodded helplessly. What other option did I have? This was a three way attack in three different systems and I didn't think any was more difficult to spell than this: Bpfassh. Who ever named places here, should be shot. My spelling was bad enough without such monsters. So Bpfassh was the target and I was sitting in the first row to witness. I so wished I didn't.

Every now and then I felt the glance of Pellaeon on me, who seemed to be the only one agreeing with me that I didn't belong here. Thrawn looked rather calm in the centre of the bridge, his usual self-assured self. If only I had such a casual attitude towards killing.

"Captain? Is my flagship ready?" Thrawn's voice rang across the bridge.

"The [i]Chimera [/i] is fully at your command," Pellaeon replied.

Despite everything it felt reassuring to hear some Imperial Procedure. And those two played it out very neat. If only that didn't mean going into battle. Couldn?t you settle this with a dance-off?

"...they are," C'baoth's voice broke into my fears. Three battles, coordinated to the last. Luke would have quite something on his hands soon.

The [i]Chimera [/i] flashed out of hyperspace, fighters launching already, and despite the orderly depiction in the book, the bridge was a hive of action and it was difficult to hear anything. Reports and orders washed over me, covering all the small details a space battle entailed with which a Grand Admiral could not be bothered.

"... the plan is to hurt and frighten, not obliterate." But Thrawn's order sounded empty in the ongoing destruction. The word "destroyed" was an essential part of most messages I caught. Through the viewport, I could see the flare as the orbiting defence station went up in fire. I was glad I was bad with stats. It never occurred to me to wonder how many men you needed to run such a station.

"They proceed," C'baoth rasped at my side. He looked horribly drawn, almost as if he was only half there. And that might just have been the case; he was leading two more battles after all. Dutifully, I tried to reach out with the Force and feel something. Nothing. The exhaustion was clear on his face, and he looked almost human in his effort.

I met Pellaeon's gaze, and he didn't seem happy about C'baoth either, though for completely different reasons. He caught my wide-eyed fear, though, and I think he finally understood, what being a Jedi Master meant, and what a huge heap of [i]osik [/i] I was in; and the whole fleet on top of it. I shook my had slightly, trying to wipe the pained expression from my face. If this was what battle felt like for normal people,

9. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
  10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    That was very sad. [:D] Well done. =D=

11. Thrawn1786

Feb 8, 2004
    Couldn?t you settle this with a dance-off?

*now has visions of Thrawn and Pellaeon engaged in a tango* That sure makes the morning interesting.... :p

Overall, a good chapter. I like how you are adding some badly needed humanism to these scenes.

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005

I would have to get started soon if I wanted to effect anything. I looked from the Jedi to the Grand Admiral and back. Somebody had to do something - and that somebody was me. Blast Zahn and Pratchett for that attitude.

[face_laugh]

Bet they wouldn't want to be in your place. ;)

The list just went on and on.
    And something in me softly went 'snap'. This was so wrong. And what was worse, this would go on for years without end. Daala, Nil Spaar, Zsinj, the Vong, more Sith and even more Sith.

I sent the last message.
    Janseek Anan
    I needed a plan. I might just - have one. And all I needed was at my disposal. So I just got to it and buried myself under a wagon load of work.

And that is the reason I didn't update.

Yes, get to work! Chop chop!

:p

=D=

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great update! =D=

14. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    I got angry at you for feeling sympathetic for C'Boath...but I guess I can understand it.

The death notice scene was very sad, yet poignant.:(

What's up your sleeve next?!?!? :D

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you Amanda.:D

You seem to like sad, Alexis.o_O I hope you like taking action, too.

OMG, Thrawn, the image; the image![face_hypnotized] I even see the rose between his teeth.[face_hypnotized]
    I'm good at humanity; as long as it doesn't directly involve other humans.[face_blush]

Probably not, Idri. But they might have made it a much more entertaining tale...;)
    Okay, I'll dutifully get to work now. Lo and behold! [face_mischief]

Thanks Vadey.:D

I am who I am, Ale.:) And I don't think I'll become his best friend now; it's just - suffering...:(
    And you know what's up next, or at least would, if you had read my mails...[face_not_talking] Take this friendly warning.[face_shame_on_you]

[u]Twenty-seven[/u]

[i]Get your sorry ass out of bed and do something for the Empire!

Go, go, go! This is not a pleasure cruise!

Move it!![/i]

I dragged myself out of bed feeling like a herd of banthas had trample over me - repeatedly. Staying up long with that kind of schedule might not be a good idea. Maybe they had caffeine pills somewhere. I would certainly need them soon.

I gulped down my tea in one go, feeling slightly better, and managed not to drown in the shower. Okay, it was a sonic, but I felt tired enough to manage. I jogged off in the direction of the nearest refectory, grabbed more konot tea and something that looked as if it might be caf. Tasted like a horribly bitter version of coffee, too, but I washed it down with the tea, ignoring the concerned glances as I shook with revulsion.

[i]Duty, Ms. Morrison, duty and responsibility.[/i]

Stuffing some breakfast into my face, I jogged off to the gym. Arn seemed surprised by my enthusiasm. But I needed to be fit. Strong, capable, determined. Whatever it takes. I ignored my protesting muscles and just went on.

"I'm sorry if the battle unbalanced you so badly," Arn said after the training. "C'baoth insisted on your presence."

"It's okay," I smiled. "It was an education in itself. Can I get some lessons with a blaster?"

He looked surprised. "Why do you think you will need that?"

"In an Empire at war? Beats me. But I thought asking for a deecee would be a bit over the top; or a plex might be fun." I shrugged as I walked away. Let him think I was about to start my own war, he would not be far off.

"Ms. Morrison, what are you planning?" He sounded serious.

"You don't want to know," I told him. "And it's none of your business, either. If I don't get to play with fire arms, fine, I will live." I turned and looked at him. He was nice guy, and if I could enlist him, things would be much easier.

"I'm just trying to adapt as well as possible," I explained. "Once this is over, I'll need to do [i]something [/i] to earn my keep. So I'd like to find out what I am good at before I have to rely on it. Sorting mail? Thanks, but I'd rather herd rancors."

"You'd like to stay in the Empire." Stating the obvious, but so cute while doing it. It was tempted to pinch his cheek.

"You might like to kick me out, but yes, I'd prefer to stay."

"I am sure Grand Admiral Thrawn has a way to keep you in his Empire." He sounded confused.

"I don't want to be a kept woman," I said levelling my index finger at Arn. "Especially not [i]his[/i]." Initiative was all every well, but I did things in fits and starts. So I had better milk this for all it was worth. "I want to be able to stand on my own, and I am certainly very much out of my depth anywhere in this galaxy. That needs to change. I need an education, a passport, a profession. And personal clairvoyant of his Admiralship is not what I have in mind."

"I will talk with his - Admiralship about this."

"Good." I was on and about to demand and see Thrawn myself, but by the time I got an appointment my initiative would be up and gone. No, that needed better planning. I had get my bargaining chips together, and I had to decide on what I really, really wanted.

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Hm... this is intriguing. I can't wait for more. :D

17. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    well you seem to be adjusting to everything...finally... o_O

great update =D=

18. Thrawn1786

Feb 8, 2004
    Hmmmm....for once I actually liked C'baoth, not quite sure why. It's good that you're settling into things. :)

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    1. Settled into things (sort of) -- Check.
    2. Got off your sorry butt and did something -- Check.
    3. ...um, not sure what number three is, yet. :p

I like C'baoth in this chapter. He's turning out to be an interesting dude in this fic. I might eventually warm up to him.

NOT!

8-}

(Well, you never know ;) ).

And I really do like Arn. I'm jealous of you. :p

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    But hey, one afternoon with the mad Jedi Master through and everybody happy. If that's not a good result, I don't know. Humming, I got to work on the mail system. A start had been made and so far things looked good enough. Thrawn would be in on the game soon enough, so maybe it was time to get some messages out while I still could. I sifted through the administration. Small and unconnected. I could do that. And what could be said against planting some wood? There had been enough destruction in three systems.

=D= [face_laugh] =D=

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Ack! MsLanna goes native with her new Imperial haircut. :oops:
    You've been warned.:p

Alexis - I now start to confuse everybody. [face_mischief] Or not. :oops: Too bad the TTT doesn't tell if my plans worked out or not...

Amanda - I am adjusting.O:) Just a bumbling female, right?[face_batting] Let's hope Thrwan believes it, too....

Thrawn - He's not a very likable character, so like him while you still can.:p Though, nobody ever said that him taking over my head wouldn't actually make me a more agreeable person.[face_batting]

Idri - Why do you believe I'm settling in, I wonder? :confused: And I am just temporarily active. My lazy self will get me. [face_plain] Arn is all mine, maybe I'll even adopt him.:p

Vadey - Nice illusions to have, aren't they. Me in control of the situation - I wish.;) And who'd notice the Bafforr trees anyway? For the next 14 years or so...[face_mischief]

[u]Twenty-eight[/u]

[i]Get your sorry ass out of bed and do something for the Empire!

Go, go, go! This is not a pleasure cruise!

Move it!![/i]

I yawned. A pleasure cruise would be nice, I scratched my head. A beach full of clone troops on shore leave. Nice dream. I got up. It was not going to happen any day soon. Or it might. I could try to grab the cause of the new generation of clones for myself. So far, I hadn't given much thought to them. Bad me, what would Karen Traviss say?

Maybe I should get a look at the templates. My, I was such a sexist. But Tierce... . Naw, not pretty enough, and since I was not a big fan of the Fels, and some of those went native anyway...
    [i]Um. [/i]
    First things first. And if Thrawn ever got the idea to clone some more Bobas, well, I was right here.

I grabbed my wafers, downed my tea and left for more caffeine. The caf didn't taste any better this time, but in a burst of experimental curiosity, I had grabbed some things that looked like cakes. They were a nice counterbalance, if a bit on the salty side. Darn intergalactic cuisine. I had counted on the xenophobic tendencies of the Empire to make sure all food was palatable for humans. I washed everything down with two more cups of tea, deciding to be less inquiring next time.

"Your sudden boost in morale has me worried," Arn commented while I went through another exercise with the sticks. "Somebody will get hurt."

I nodded, beating his defence away. That was the plan. "I can't sit back forever. And I am extremely tired of being just another pawn."

He counter my attack. "That leaves only bishop, knight, or rook. Except if you'd go for the crown."

Stepping out of his reach, I dropped my sticks. "Rook then." I grinned. "I don't have enough manners to be queen."

"What about faith and valour?" Arn moved in for a final assault.

"Oh, I have both," I just threw myself through the approaching canes, ignoring the impact. I used his momentum to push him over my outstretched leg. He stumbled and I helped him to the ground, making sure my knee came to rest between his shoulder blades. "But being underestimated is so much more fun."

"I see." His voice was muffled. "And here I was thinking the Grand Admiral had finally misjudge somebody."

"Never." I took my knee of his back and helped him up. "I just wonder what he'll make of my personal agenda."

"I don't think going up against him will work."

"I am [i]not [/i] working against him. Just ascertaining that I have my own agenda."

"I am not sure that is a good idea."

"But why?" That would have been the top moment to bat my eyes at him. I could control the urge, though. Barely. "I thought we are," I gave Arn a measured glance, "on the same side."

"In which case he will turn your agenda into facts," Arn winked at me. "In some cases at least."

"Win/win; my kind of situation exactly."

"He will sure be happy to hear that."

Well, that

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    You're thinking of sacrificing Arn? Why not that guy you stabbed in the arm... I mean, you hit him with the dart... going from the arm to the back *shrugs* not a big stretch. :p

I can't wait to see what happens next.

23. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    great update. interesting meeting with Thrawn there.

24. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    [face_thinking] I would have sworn I R&Red already to this one:

"No," I agreed. "Between you and Skywalker leading the factions, there has to be no war."

Playing to C'Boath's ego...BRILLIANT!

_

Why does it always seem Thrawn is two steps ahead?!?! :p

Two marevelous non-updates Lanna!!

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice to see Thrawn get some time! ;)

=D=