main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The reasons behind the anti-driod feelings of the OT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Zoo, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I was just watching ANH the other day and thought of something when I saw the droids be kicked out of the Cantina Bar.

Did the anti-droid bias come from the PT. More specifically the clone wars (seeing as the droids were enemies). I don't know are there more examples of this droid hatred in the OT and do you think that the droid army, grevious, etc might have been the root of this.

2. SHAUN-FOREVER

SHAUN-FOREVER Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2004
    Quite possibly, as well as the fact that the droids do not drink, so they were not paying customers and not welcome.

I'm sure someone has a better answer than that though.

3. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I've heard somebody mention that the prejudiced sentiments might stem from the Clone Wars, where the Separtists used droids and cybernetically enhanced organic warriors to battle the Republic, the organization that eventually became the Empire. It could also lend itself to why some people have disgust and loathing for Vader, as well...y'know, outside of that murderous Sith Lord thing. ;)

4. Chameleon102

Chameleon102 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    I'd go with the Clone Wars idea in terms of the storyline itself, but I'm pretty sure Lucas was just wanting to accentuate the 'droids as second class citizens' idea, because he essentially lifted the idea of two lower-class people watching this great epic drama unfold from 'The Hidden Fortress'.

5. Darth_Juggalo

Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005

Imagine how many people may have lost work when droids came about. They could do all the work a man could but you only had to pay them once, when you bought them. Also droids would not be making any purchases in any establishment so it would be similar to loitering. Why take up the space with a "customer" who is not going to spend an money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.