main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Rebellion (pre-ANH to post-ROTJ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by -Jaina-, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: anybody else getting bored with the pace here?

2. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    OOC: I'm not, but that could be because I'm not interacting with any other players aside from myself so a pace is actully non existant anyway. 8-}

Perhaps the Rebals should try some Live Fire Scenarios? :confused:

3. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    I could go for that. I'm thinking about leaving here again, getting my Rebel thrills from the Balance of Power alone.

4. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    If Jaina aproves, I would like to suggest that the game have a second, lesser, GM that would simply move the plot along for the rebels in Jaina's absence.

5. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    OOC: Not a Bad Idea, but I think it would work out a little better if there were to be one Lesser Imperial GM and than one lesser Rebal GM. That way they could keep in contact with one another and the Head GM (Jaina), and act as commanders over there particular faction.

This would be a structure very similer to the old Lord of the Rings RPG Lightside, Blue and I had in the JCC ;)

6. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Whatever would keep this going. I like it in here. Hopefully, soon I can find out if an idea of mine is a 'GO'. If it is, everyone will find out about it soon enough. If not, well, if you want to know what it is, ask me about it.

I anticipate it getting the go-ahead though. [face_devil]

7. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    OOC: One of these days, I?ll make a Happy-Go-Lucky character. One so happy and perky it will annoy all others just to be around him. 8-}

SSD Shinigami - Orbiting Yaga Minor

Char Aznable stirred in his sleep. He tossed and turned, his sleep plagued mind elsewhere, lost in a dream that haunted him. He dreamt of his past, and the tragic events that had unfolded and made him the stern expressionless man he was today. His Parents, Brother and Sister had all died right before his eyes. These images would never leave him. Turning over, he suddenly awoke and sat upright slightly panting.

He Glanced over, and smiled. There laid Kathryn. He sat there for a moment, admiring her beauty. She was tucked away under the comforter, with her long strands of hair sprawled out along her face and pillow. She had a faint smile on her face. When she was asleep, she looked so fragile, so innocent. He Reached over, and pulled the covers up to her neck, and kissed her on the cheek before bringing his legs around and standing up from the bed. He reached over and grabbed his robe, and slid it on before walking out into the living area of there quarters.

The rear wall of the living area, was lined with a series of two massive windows which were currently covered by a series of electronic shades. As Char passed through the entrance to the room, he slid his hand over a switch plate on the wall, causing the shades to hiss and than slide away from the windows. He walked over to them, and stood. The planet of Yaga Minor filled the view. From space, one would never have guessed this was a trade Imperial Planet. It looked rather tranquil in a eerily calm way.

Char stood there for a few minutes, lost in thought. He felt something strange. Something just didn't quite seem right. He couldn't quite place his finger on it, but he felt as if he was receiving a bad omen about this particular day. He attempted to just shrug it off, but he remember a saying his father had once told him. ?Act on your emotions, but do not let them control you.?.

Kathryn awoke from her slumber and turned over to see her bedmate was not beside her. Standing, she combed through her hair with her hands and than grabbed her red robe, throwing it on she stood and went off in search of Char.

She found him standing in the main living area, and approached him. She wrapped her arm around him, and he turned and smiled to her.

Kathryn: Its Beautiful isn't it?

Char: Yes. So peaceful and tranquil, one would never guess its one of the main Imperial worlds.

Kathryn stared up, and noticed that he seemed to lost in thought.

Kathryn: Something on your mind?

Char continued to stare at the planet, never even glancing at Kathryn as he responded.

Char: Something doesn't feel right. I cant place my finger on it though. Perhaps its nothing, and perhaps its everything. Time is so vague, and you never really know what awaits you around the bend. Ugh, would you listen to me? I?m beginning to sound like my father....

Kathryn: I wouldn't worry about it. Whatever will be shall be, and there is nothing we can do to change it. Things may come to pass, be they good or ill but we shall face them head on and overcome them. Thus us the game of life.

Char Smiled and reached up wrapping his arm around he shoulders. He couldn't help but think how sappy they sounded. Both of them possessed a poetic way with words, and sadly often let this overcome them during times of emotion. Perhaps they were both flawed in this way? Nonetheless it brought them closer together so in a way it honestly shouldn't matter.

Char: You know, We still have a few hours to kill before we are to meet Haman on the bridge....

Char looked down at Kathryn and smirked a devilish grin. She glanced up at him, and returned the look. Together they turned, and headed off towards the bedroom.

8. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: Quickstrike34, should we just do that idea?

IC: Jo-Ni was STILL waiting to do the drill again. While she waited, she went to her duffle and opened a secret pocket. She took out a picture from her past...one she wished she could destroy, but one that she was afraid of. If anyone else saw this picture, she knew, it would ruin everything for her.

OOC: Jo-Ni twiddles her thumbs.

9. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    OOC: Well, No one else is here so I see no reason not to. 8-}

Hope that all the other players are allright though, havent seen a couple around in a long time.

10. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: it isn't good when the GM leaves everyone hanging. I tried to post something better, but lost it.

Looks like it's just the two of us, Quickstrike

11. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    OOC: I'm here too. Ready and waiting ;) :)

12. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    If Jaina doesn't respond within the next day or so, we should hold elections for the sub-gms without her.

13. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    OOC: Well, I took a look at her (Jaina) last few Posts. They were all in RPGs, and All IC so I would assume shes still posting. However, she hasent signed on since 2/23 so there is the possibility shes out sick or there was a Family Emergency or even a School-work Pileup. ;)

I suggest we wait a few Days, and than do as Blue10 Suggested. Once we select a Sub-GM or at least a Temporary GM, they can keep tack of the RPG and push it along until Jaina Returns at which point they can fill her in where required. :)

14. -Jaina-

-Jaina- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: I am so so so so so so sorry!! :( I must be the worst GM on the RPF!

::bonks herself on the head::

I think the points you make are very good ones. Does anyone want to volunteer to be a sub-GM?

IC (I know what you're thinking...finally!! Well, yes yes...here it be):

The alarm klaxons went off, blaring red in the corridors. Selona jumped up quickly and sprinted to the hangar. She swiftly darted into her Headhunter and took off.

15. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    I am so so so so so so sorry!! I must be the worst GM on the RPF!

Its allright. Your a Good GM, Proabbly just a busy one. 8-}

I'll Volunteer to be a Sub GM for the Empire...Kinda Helps my Cause that I'm the only Imperial whos posted for a long time 8-}

16. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    Awww, thanks, Quickstrike. I'm glad you think so, though I beg to differ.

Speaking of the Imperials, whatever happened to Mitt?! He abandoned us. :(

Well, Quickstrike, you're free and welcome to have the position of the Imperial Sub-GM. Congrats.

17. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001

I'd give some big acceptance speach, but I'm not good at speachs....Or Public Speaking 8-}

18. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    I'll help with the Rebels being on here often as I am. I agree with QS34, your good just busy, don't beat yourself up about it.

19. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    IC: Mark sprinted out of his quarters. Jo-ni was close behind and as he looked back and saw the determination in her eyes. Mark slowed down just enough for her to pass him up...

20. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    OOC: Hey there -Jaina-, it's good to have you back !! :D :D

IC:

As soon as the alarm sounded, Enran bolted down the corridors as if an energy dart fired from a bowcaster. He didn't look back, but knew some of the others were far behind. He was soon side-by-side with Selona. He met her gaze and sent her a warm smile. Then he leapt up and into the cockpit of his X-Wing. He did a quick, but thorough, pre-flight check, before taking off beside the Commander. Too easy, he thought.

21. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC:I must be the worst GM on the RPF! Actually, I've seen worse. No names to mention, though.

IC: Jo-Ni was startled out of her thoughts when the alarm went off, and she took off for her ship at top speed. She saw Mark ahead of her and soon caught up, and passed, him.
    "You won't beat me this time." she thought.

She pulled out a comlink as she ran.

"Droid, perform pre-flight and start the engines. We'll be taking off soon." she ordered.

When she got to the hangar, the ship was all ready to go. She jumped in and took of for the assigned coordinates, not checking to see how close Mark may or may not be.

22. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    Mark strided to his X-wing and jumped in, his R-2 unit ready to lift off. They took off right behind Jo-Ni and flew to the designated coordinates.

23. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    "Who's faster this time?" Jo-Ni asked Mark over a communication channel, boasting that she beat him to the coordinates.

24. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: Hmpf. No sooner do I return to this RPG then I get grounded from in the internet...isn't that just lovely?

There are worst GMs out there? Goodness, is that possible?

IC:

Enran was fast, Selona had to admit. But she was faster. She let him gain a little bit, and then sped up and made for the base at a dead flight. Calmly disembarking, she waited for the others.

25. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    OOC: Hmpf. No sooner do I return to this RPG then I get grounded from in the internet...isn't that just lovely?

Its Murphys Law, What can go wrong will even when you least expect it. 8-}

Dont worry about it though, these things happen. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.