main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Rebellion (pre-ANH to post-ROTJ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by -Jaina-, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Jaina-

-Jaina- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: So what you're saying, Marna, is that you would play the other seven pilots?

Quickstrike, yes, that's the idea...

IC:

Selona turned to Jo-Ni.

"We can't accomplish our mission with three people,"

2. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Not exactly. remember the idea that brings up Jo-Ni's past? I would play the Imps involved with that whole thing.

3. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: Oh! Right! Sorry...I suppose it will be fine then. Shall we just continue on then?

4. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    OOC: Starting a-new might be good but then again might not. We have all this character development to play with still. We might want to actually look for more imp players and then NPC the missing squad members.

IC: Mark came into the hanger dressed in uniform and smiled as he saw Jo-Ni. They hadn't had lunch in his quarters just that one day but everyday after as well. Mark did have to admitt that he was growing attached to her even though she could be dangerous at times. After the mission, he resolved, he would ask her to be his girlfriend...

5. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    OOC:

After the mission, he resolved, he would ask her to be his girlfriend...

Just like that, eh? :p ;)

6. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    OOC: better than conking her on the back of the head and dragging her to my bunk. ;)

(Hope Jo-Ni doesn't read this) [face_shoosh]

7. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: Okay then.

IC:

Selona briefly gave the pilots a quick review of the mission, then gave the signal for the squadron-mates to enter their snubs and prepare for take-off.

OOC:

Um, this is the part where you say..."Rebel ______ standing by."

8. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    OOC: what are our callsigns again?

9. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: I read that, Blue_10. [face_devil] you must pay. Mwuahahahaha!

Perhaps it would be a good idea to let this one go and start again. I would like to see the relationship between Jo-Ni and Mark develop, though. ;)

IC: Rebel whatever-my-number-is, standing by.

10. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    OOC: being my character's girlfriend would be sufficient punishment.

11. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: I'd really like to start this over. That way, I'd have have a co-GM who's done this thing before and help me with all my duties. And I'd really like a new character...I just can't play ol' stiffs!!

Let's put it to a vote, all who are for it, say "YAY!" or, against it, "NEIGH!!"

;)

I say, yay!
    Say I, yay!
    Not neigh say I, but yay say I!

Um...DON'T ask.

12. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
  13. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    OOC: I'd really like to start this over. That way, I'd have have a co-GM who's done this thing before and help me with all my duties. And I'd really like a new character...I just can't play ol' stiffs!!

Who's the Sub GM?

Let's put it to a vote, all who are for it, say "YAY!" or, against it, "NEIGH!!"

If startng a new thread means bassically restarting this in an attempt to gather new memembers, and perhaps Minor Changes than Yay I Say. :)

If it means starting over, ditching the Empire and making some major Changes, than Neigh I say. :(

So Yay Say I, and yet Neigh Say I. 8-} ;)

14. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    I'd have to agree with Quickstrike on this one, changing your character's personality would not affect more than a couple of the relationships in the game.

15. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    For:

* You can make a clean start and thus everyone will know exactly where they stand.
    * It may attract new members.
    * Any disorganisation or confusion that currently exists will be eliminated.
    * Provides a chance for more planning and the use of a sub-GM.

Against:

* Most of what we've done will most likely be eliminated.
    * If there is no Imperial faction then it will be less competitive and far less challenging.
    * There is a chance that not many new members will sign up.
    * It's possible that the game will follow in this one's footsteps and thus give us the same problem all over again.

Assessment:

If, and only if, there is a wway to maximise the advantages while minimising the disadvantages, then I'm all for a new game. Let's just not rush into something and cause total havoc and mayhem, okay? ;)

Or just ignore what I said and do whatever you want :p ;) Just thought I'd drop some ideas.

16. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    I've read what you've guys have said and you've made some very vaild points.

But see, Green Squadron is a one-faction RPG similar to ours, and while it may be "less competitive" it's still pretty fun. And also, I feel I've made a mess of this RPG. I don't feel that I can handle a two-faction one.

:[face_sigh]:

I still don't know what do. [face_plain]

But in the meantime, you guys *can* still RP ya know...

17. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    Since you're the GM, Jaina, whatever we do is ultimately your decision.

18. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    Okay, this is what I've decided.

We'll start over. Hopefully, everyone still playing here will re-join. We'll keep the Imperial faction, yet I'll change the way I lead the squadron.

I'll notify Protege-of-Thrawn to lock this one, and I'll start a new one soon.

I sincerely apologize about the way I've handled all this, and I thank all you for sticking up with me!

And LS_A, Selona won't be so hard to crack this time around. ;) :p

19. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    I have offered my creativity to help develop the next one, so perhaps with the two of us ladies, Jaina, the next one will go better.

I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Perhaps I'll make some alterations to Jo-Ni as well. ;)

20. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    The link is here: The Rebellion

Remember, everything is the same. We're just starting over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.