main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Rebellion (pre-ANH to post-ROTJ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by -Jaina-, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryil-Vald

Cryil-Vald Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    *jack cleared his throat,alittle, just to get the attention of the commander, seeing how she was busy with the other pilots*

Ive taken out afew TIE's, and im more then willing to help your group out, just as long as they dont mind having a frieghter in there ranks

2. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Jo-Ni stood by, okay with whatever.

OOC: I'm not feeling too good right now. Just had a tooth pulled. The numbness is going away, and the pain pill is kicking in. I don't think I'll be doing much posting until next week.

3. -Jaina-

-Jaina- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: Oh poor you! We'll try to keep things slow for you if you want, or I can play your character.

IC:

Selona nodded at Jack. "We'd be grateful for your help, though I don't think we have enough funds to keep you around. As for you, Mark, I'm glad to hear that. You'll be paired with the next rookiee..."

Arr'kya then raised her hand. "Though I am a good pilot, I do not beleive I have enough experience for me to be called a veteran."

OOC: Hope you don't mind, Amidala...

IC:

"All right then. You and Mark will be wing partners."

4. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    OOC: I don't mind. :) It was what I was going to say anyways.

IC:

Arr'kya looked at her new wing partner and then back at the Commander. She nodded.

5. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    OOC: Thanks Mitt :)

IC:

Admiral Marqusia Walked along the control deck of the ISD Hellscythe II. She was about to go to her quarters, when the Comm Captain spoke up.

Captain Arkada: Admrial! Incoming Transmission form High Command, its marked high priority, Priority Blue to be specific.

Admiral Maquisia: Patch it through to a Data Pad and bring it me at once.

Captain Arkada: Yes Ma'am!.

The Captain was quick to patch it through, and upload it to a Datapad. He quickly handed it off to another Man, who ran it up to her. He saluted, and handedit to her. She Saluted, and took it up.

She pressed few buttons, and a screen let up, with the message. Ite read,

To: Admiral Kathryn Marqusia
    Encryption: Coruscant-Delta-004502-Xi
    Priority: Blue
    Subject: New Orders

Message: Admiral Kathryn Marqusia of the ISD Hellscythe II, you have been reassigned from Orbital Duty over this sector, to recon duty along the border of the Unknown Regions. The Hellscythe II will meet up with two other Star Destroyers; the ISD Starry Knight and the ISD Destructor.

You have been promoted, as of this point to Lead Admiral. You will oversee all operations performed by the orginised Recon team, Stated above. You will meet up with them at the following cordanates.

Good Luck Admrial.

Kathryn smiled and laughed. Her Men all turned to look at her, for this was a side of her they had never seen. Admiral Kathryn Marquisa was normally aleart and often seemed emotionless, and cold.

Kathryn Turned, she now stood before the Giant Windows that gazed into space.

Admrial Marquisa: Listen Up, we have been reassigned to recon near the Unknown Reagons. We are to rendevous with 2 of our fellow ISDs. You will all be briefed with the approite information As Soon as possible.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    "Very well," Jogair said to himself. He commed his helmsman. "Set course for Yaga Minor and proceed in hyperspace immediately." Minutes later, the ISD Destructor was headed to its new assignment.

7. Cryil-Vald

Sep 3, 2002
    I am willing to fly with your group free of charge

8. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    Then the squadron saw an emotion besides bitter humor from Selona. She was surprised and her face showed it.

"Well, thank you, Jack. We're glad to have you. Will you be using your ship or a snubfighter?"

9. JediJainaSoloDurron

JediJainaSoloDurron Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    *walks in in tank top and pants*

Mira Divad reporting as ordered *salutes*

-jaina- u asked me if i'm a rookie or not, i guess i'm not iflew at a battle with the Vong at Skylark's. We won. that is about the extent of my flight experience

10. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: Um...the Vong aren't here yet...

IC:

Selona Jakeen turned to face Mira.

"Good. I'll take you as my wing then."

Selona changed some data around on her datapad.

"All right then. I am still Rebel Lead. Divad is Rebel 2. Jo-Ni Shawa, you're Rebel 3, Lyn Me Rebel 4, Mark Frengilo Rebel 5, Arr'kya Rebel 6, Unic Ti Rebel 7, and Xander Bob Rebel 8. Since you'll be joining us, Kathis, you'll have the callsign of Rebel 9."

She saved the changes.

"Like I said before, I hope we won't feel the shortcomings. I want to run a sim to see what we can do. You'll be given points based on how you do. Then, the sim after that will be one in which I'll teach you some tricks of the trade and the formation we'll likely fly in."

She walked to one of the simulators.

"Open the simulators and jump in." She did so, and the pilots followed suit.

11. JediJainaSoloDurron

Oct 6, 2002
    settles into the simulator.Pulls hair back out of the way. Takes a deep breath

12. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    "All right then. Form up on your wings. Rebel 2 and I will go in front, followed by 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8, and then 9. It's like follow the leader. If you don't know what to do, look at the person in front of you. Just be careful you don't blow off a person's wings on accident."

Selona coolly said as the simulation began. The simulation was located on the planet their base was on. Lush jungles was the main scenary.

"The Imperials have discovered our base. Our job is to make sure they don't go anywhere with that information. Basically, it's a shoot-em-up sim."

13. JediJainaSoloDurron

Oct 6, 2002
  14. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    A swarm of TIEs could be seen in the distance. Before they reached the squadron, however, Selona managed to say,

"Remember this is just a trial run; I just want to see where you all are at."

Then the TIEs came. She got a lock at the TIE leading the swarm, and fired off a shot. It exploded. Again, she aimed for a lock. Though she fired off a shot, she didn't quite destroy it.

"That's for you, Two."

OOC: Since it's just you and me, JJSD, we'll leave it here till the others come.

15. JediJainaSoloDurron

Oct 6, 2002
    yes ma'am do u still want me to take out that fighter?

16. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: Okay, anything said OOC is NOT part of the RPG. I want you to take out that fighter, but I don't want to anything more in the GAME so as not to leave others in the dust. When I post IC that is part of the game. Okay?

17. JediJainaSoloDurron

Oct 6, 2002
    OOC: sorry, so are we just gonna leave?

IC: locks on to the TIE a fires. TIE explodes

18. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: I appreciate the gesture. I'm feeling better today, though I'm not up to speed. I don't know how much posting I will be able to do until next monday. Oh, I have a name for the pirate group. A friend and I were discussing it. Blood Hawks was a start, but I settled on Shadow Phantoms.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody!

IC: Jo-Ni settled down behind the familiar controls of a Z95 simulator. She took off over the jungle smoothly, then the TIE's were upon them. She got her sights on one and fired, barely nicking the wing. The TIE swerved a little, then recovered and headed right for Jo-Ni.

"Shadow Phantom training, don't fail me." she said to herself.

19. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: Um, you can still post I guess...

And you're welcome, Marna_Veign, though you might be talking about Daeshara's suggestion...

IC:

"Good job, Two."

She looked at her sensors. Jo-Ni seemed to being going after one, and the others were doing fine.

A lock acquired once more, she blasted a TIE out of oblivion.

The memories came back in force.

The first day in a battle. She had been a bit worried about the fact that there were no shields in TIEs, but she had to take faith in its speed and manuevering abilites. She followed her commander into space...

And now she was on the opposite side. The squadron was now fanned out a bit, but still in formation.

"Good," she thought. "Very good."

20. MaximilianVeers

MaximilianVeers Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    IC as Colonel Veers

ISD Destructor

"Yes, General." Colonel Veers acknowledged as the ships Army commandant explained the purpose of Veers transfer. His earlier conclusions as to why he was here were correct. Apparently the last commander of the Destructor Two AT-AT walker was killed in battle when a rebel pilot had decided committing suicide would help further his cause and therefore rammed his starfighter into the head of the walking tank.

Veers had seen that trick used many times against his own regiments. He had come close twice to having one ram into his own cockpit and thanked the Force each time he came out alive and his walker intact. He hoped that he would never become a victim of these suicidal pilots.

Maximilian Veers stood at ease in the Army Operations Center of the ISD Destructor, his superior--Brigadier General Novar--stood over a console glancing over reports of a previous attack against a convoy while he discussed his expectations from the Colonel.

"I heard you were good, Colonel." Novar praised, turning his gaze to Veers. "In fact, I heard you were one of the best AT-AT commanders Carida has ever produced. That is the reason why I chose you to replace the late-Colonel Tesk. I expect you to live up to those rumors."

"I will do my best to do so, sir." Veers replied.

"You will do more then your best, Veers." Novar scolded lightly. "I also read over your dossier. There is one particular event that had caught my eye."

Colonel Veers face remained passive. He did not know what particular event the General was talking about, but he did try and remember if he had done anything that would displease the General in any way. Then again, if he had done something that displeased the General, would he be here now replacing one of his Colonels?

"Sir?" He inquired.

"I read up on the Culroon III Massacer." Veers flinched at the title of the battle he was involved in and pratically the hero of the men who were doomed by General Irrv's stupidity. The Colonel did not enjoy slaughtering the Culroon natives with his walkers, but he had no choice. Either he killed the Culroons or allowed them to kill his colleagues and superiors instead.

"Do not worry, Colonel. I am not displeased with your actions." Novar reassured. "In fact, I agree with you that Irrv was a naive fool who deserved the betrayal and his fate."

A single eyebrow rose curiously at Novar.

"But...I want to make one thing clear." Novar continued. "I do not mind my subordinates counterarguing against my decisions. What I will not tolerate is if you make it a habit to disregard my orders because you disagree with them. Do I make myself clear, Colonel Veers?"

"Yes, sir." Veers replied then added. "If you would look into the rest of my combat record, sir. You would notice that I have only disregarded orders three times and each time I have been proven correct in my assumptions."

"I have noticed, Colonel. But I still will not tolerate an insubordinate officer."

"Yes, General." Veers said. "You will not have an insubordinate officer with me, sir."

"I better not." Novar warned then changed the subject. "There will be a Staff Meeting at 1500 hours in the Officer's Meeting Room today concerning our new orders. I expect to see you present."

"Yes, General, sir."

"Dismissed, Colonel." Veers clicked his heels together and saluted the General before making a sharp and precise about face and left the room.

TAG: BartSimpson

21. -Jaina-

Nov 10, 2002
    OOC: Oops, on the rules it says no superweapons with the exception of the Death Stars. That is not true. SDs, SSDs, and ESSDs are allowed if they exist in this era, which I'm more than sure they do.

22. MaximilianVeers

MaximilianVeers Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    If we are starting before the Battle of Yavin, then ESSDs wont exist until after ROTJ and the SSDs won't be brought into service until a year after Yavin.

23. Cryil-Vald

Sep 3, 2002
    *Jack settled in as the canopy of the simulator closed, for a moment or two he was all alone in the dark, but as soon as the thing started up, he noticed that he was flying formation with the rest of the group, in a late model Z-95, It wasnt the Bad Kharma, but it would have to do. Jack grabbed the control stick as a group of TIE's swarmed on him and the squad. He was able to fire off acouple shots before the TIE's overtook the group, but his shots went wide. With a yank of the control stick and a push of the rudder controls jack got his fighter to perfom a turn so tight he had the repulsarlift engines whining, within seconds jack had gotten behind a TIE, and after getting a confirmation, he fired of a concussion missle, which shredded the unsheilded TIE*
    "Scratch one for me" he called over the comm

24. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    Mark settled into his sim. As the swarm approached, he slowed to a near stall, shot apart 3, then hit the afterburner before the ties could get a proper allignment. "Arr'kya, cover my back. Lead, let's scatter them to keep them in chaos!"

Now Mark was behind the main swarm and turned to face the back of the enemy fighters. He shot another just as the enemy broke into two groups in response to the fire behind. The unfortunate tie spun out of control and smashed into the hill side in a burst of flame and twisted metal.

25. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    ooc: what have I missed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.