main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Rebellion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by -Jaina-, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Selona laughed as Ben scowled at her.

"Well thank ya," she said as she walked in.

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Ben shut the door behind them. He then sat down in a chair and motioned for Selona to sit as well. "Now, can you tell me what's been troubling you?" he asked.

3. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Selona offered Ben one question in response.

"What do you do when you kill your former fiancé?"

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Ben sat in shock for a second. Had Selona done something like that? He shook it away. Looking a bit taken aback, "Well, I haven't ever been engaged...let alone had the chance to kill her." he offered. "Um...It would depend on the situation I'd suppose. Like out of anger and hate and just for the sheer joy of killing someone...would be wrong. But if we were both on opposing sides in a war, it might be a necessary but tragic evil." he said.

5. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    "You bring up a valid point," Selona said softly, "I suppose it is justifiable, for a rational person, to justify her former fiancé's death?" She paused. "During our mission, I encountered an Imperial officer by the name of Hinlin. Once upon a time I was engaged to him. Now I've killed him."

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Ben leaned back in his seat again. It had been a wartime decision. He took on a soothing tone. "I'm truly sorry you were forced to do that, but as I said...war can put people into uncontrollable situations like that. It's tragic, but it does happen. Now, I can't sit here and tell you to just forget it...cause you never can. What you can do is go on with your life and just remember the good qualities. Remember him as the man you loved, not as the Imperial you were forced to kill." Ben later realized he had meant every word.

7. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Selona had to laugh aloud.

"I have to say I don't care that I've killed him. Truth be told, it's actually a relief. The pompous old windbag wanted me to retire after we wed!"

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Ben chuckled a little. If this was truly how she felt...he couldn't really understand her problem. "Then, why bring it up? If you don't care that you had to kill him...why is it a problem to you?" he asked.

9. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    "I really honestly didn't have any problems to bring the table. None that haven't already been taken care of."

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Ben raised an eyebrow. "Yet you seemed so troubled earlier...on the transport and on the way to the debriefing... I was just concerned that you had something troubling on your mind." He sighed. "Well, what'd you come to talk about if you didn't have any problems to discuss?"

11. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Name: Si-Si
    Species: Gungan
    Height: 1.9 meters
    Body type : Skinny
    Hair Color and Length: none
    Eye Color: green
    Appearance of Face: gungan-looking
    Any scars or birthmarks:no
    Overall Appearance : Gungun-looking
    Personality:Kind, Funny
    Faction: Rebellion
    Flight history: Leads silver squadren
    Ship: Jedi starfighter
    Bio: Trained under Rotdu Mc-Lan, force-heal

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

12. Viceroy Rook

Viceroy Rook Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 1999
    Just thought I'd let you know I'm still here, Yane; don't worry, I've been in this RPG too long to just abandon it...

13. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ditto here.

IC: Sayce decides to nap until they get there.

At HQ, Jo-Ni has been working out and building up her fighter skills in the sims to pass the time. She had requested to be informed when the rest of the squad returns.

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: Yannie is going off to the Phillipines for almost two weeks!

That means BSSL will now be your GM! Respect him and don't cause too much trouble. May he lead you speedier than I. Marna, or VR, please take control of Selona!

I truly apologize for how slow this is, but I must say, if I were any of you, I would be glad because it would be one RPG I wouldn't be worried leaping four pages ahead overnight.

This is my last post for awhile! I'll try to make it good.

IC:

Selona sighed. "I've known Aline practically my whole life. To see her again...it's quite a shock. She's never been Imperial through and through, and when I entered that academy, I shunned her. There was a point where we exchanged a flurry of angry letters and we were both wounded deeply. I don't know if she's quite forgiven me. And to tell you the truth, I'm not that heartless. I loved Hinlin, and I still thought I did. But I guess you wouldn't be able to kill the one you truly loved. What do you think? About both Aline and Hinlin."

15. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: I think that since I already have 2 characters, I'll let VR control Selona. It's bad enough keeping Sayce and Selona straight without playing both! :D

I am glad for the slowness of this, though a little faster wouldn't kill me. Maybe at the time I have my baby, I could be back before anyone knows I even left! ;) Have fun, Yane'

16. Viceroy Rook

Jun 19, 1999
    I--alrighty, then. I'll do my best. By the time you read any posts I make, Yane, you'll be back, so I hope I perform adequately... hope you had fun, by the way... my mom was there at the same time as you, incidentally.

Anyway...

IC:

Zhan and Audri spent the remainder of the trip back to HQ chatting idly about days gone by on Alderaan, the few new musical acts that were making themselves known in underground venues, favorite literature, and the Rebellion itself.

Meanwhile, while Selona awaited Ben's reply, she thought she found herself feeling better. Before now she had been denying that her personal problems were affecting her professionally, but opening up to Ben seemed to have taken a weight off her chest.

OOC: Yane, I hope that wasn't too much liberty I took interpreting Selona's feelings... if it was, I apologize...

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: A bit of character development while Im waiting ;)

IC Koren

Chiaro-Scura. The planets day side was gradually turning to night. The sun was beginning to set, and Koren leaned against his swoop bike. A few of his friends mulled around, sitting on the grass while two were messing around with one of the other swoops. He looked over to them

"You found out the problem yet?"

The boy and girl working on the veihicle looked up and shrugged.

"We don't know Koren. We can't find anything. It just sorta stopped. Can you look at it?"

"Sure"

Koren walked over to the swoop and started to tinker with a panel at the side of it. He found a few loose components and put them back into place before closing the panel and turning the bike on. It splutered a little and came back online. The boy smiled

"Thanks Koren!"

"Don't mention it. Lets go..."

"...Ahh!"

Koren screamed in pain as the sharp implement slashed down his face, catching his left eye. he fell to his knees, pressing his sleeve against his injured eye. The pain was unbearable and he panicked as an officer of the labour camp came towards him. He dragged him up by his worksuits collar and yanked Korens arm away from his face, smirking at the bloodied face of the youngster.

"Oh, looks like one of the worms hurt himself"

Laughing, The officer dragged Koren out of the dark dingy corridors and pushed him up heavy steel stairs to a med bay. One final push sent Koren falling to the floor in front of the camps medic. The medic leaned down and tilted Korens head up and examined the eye injury

"Tut Tut Tut, stupid boy. Stand up"

Koren stood, a litle uneasily as the pain from his eye started to get even more unbearable. The doctor guestured to him to sit on an examination table. Koren looked away from the medic but a strong hand grabbed Korens face, putting pressure on the torn skin around his eye, causing him to cry out

"Ok worm, you either co-operate with me or I'll make sure this hurts a lot more than it will"

Koren nodded slowly and took a deep breath as the doctor approached him with scary looking medical tools. The imp who dragged him here laughed, but soon that was drowned out by Korens own screams...

"...Ahh!"

Koren screamed as he shot upright on his bunk, nearly hitting his head. His eyes darted around the small room and he took a few deep breaths to calm himself down

"A dream. It was only a dream, Well it was more of a 'nightmare'"

He swung his legs over the side of the bunk and rubbed his eyes. His left one brushing over the scar. A tingling sensation had gathered there but it was gone after a few minutes

"A constant reminder...Of who done this to me and who we are fighting. I guess this first mission conjured up fresh memories of those imperial slimeballs"

He stood up and stretched. They would be back at HQ soon. Then he would tell someone about it.

Tag - Anyone

18. YanetheRedNosedHM-

YanetheRedNosedHM- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    You're doing great guys! Can't wait to get back!

VR, don't worré about it!! Take whatever liberties it'll take to play well, kay?

Happé Holidés!!

19. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Ben was about to answer when a voice came over Selona's comm.

"We have just come out of hyperspace and are approaching headquarters."

Ben chuckled, "Looks like you better be getting back to work.

20. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    "We have just come out of hyperspace and are approaching headquarters." a voice announced.

"It's about time." Sayce commented. She got ready for her talk with Jo-Ni.

21. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: I have returned! I'll now take back the reins of GM and Selona. Thank ye kindly, everyone!

IC:

The ride down into HeadQuarters was uneventful, and Selona and her squad sailed into the office to meet with General Rensar Hayek, a tall, dark gentleman who was a spirited Rebel.

"Please, have a seat." He said crisply, wavnig his head over the seats reserved for the Rebels.

Selona sat down and handed him a datadisk. "Here's our full report."

"It was succesful, I take it?" He asked.

"Indeed. Mon Mothma and her daughter are comfortably ensconced in meetings and the like. Our job is done."

Rensar nodded his approval. "I suppose you want more action now?"

Selona smiled wryly. "'Twould be appreciated, to be sure."

"Action you crave, action you shall have. The people at Dantooine need cover. We're leaving that base, and they need help. You'll be assigned there. You leave first light."

Selona stood up and bowed. "Thank you, General."

Rensar smiled. "Always."

Selona exited, and led her squad to their quarters they were to stay in. It contained two rooms. A room with bunks, another for a common room.

TAG: everyone

22. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    After the meeting, and after being shown to her quarters, Sayce went to find Jo-Ni. She saw the other woman in the hallway heading her way.

"I heard you got back." Jo-Ni said. "Did everything go well?"

"Yeah." Sayce replied, looking the woman over. "You're looking much better, Jo-Ni. That rest seems to have done you some good."

"Yes. The rest. It was boring. After the medics let me go, I spent a lot of time in sims to get my reflexes back up to speed."

"Oh. I wanted to return this to you." Sayce said, pulling the code breaker from her posket and handing it to Jo-Ni. "It was useful for us getting in."

"That's why I brought it with me from...Oh, blast that memory loss." Jo-Ni replied.

"You're still having problems with your memory? I thought that by the time we got back, you'd be able to remember things." Sayce said with false concern.

"The medics told me that it will return, or not." Jo-Ni shrugged. "I plan on doing my best to not worry about it and getting my job done. Well, I have to get a release note to Selona so I can return to duty. Excuse me."

Sayce watched Jo-Ni leave, wondering to herself how much Jo-Ni really did remember.

As Jo-Ni continued on her way to the Commander, she wondered if Sayce suspected that she did, indeed, remember some very damaging things toward her. Jo-Ni knew, though, that she would not be able to bring it up unless she had evidence that Sayce was still loyal to the Empire.

23. Viceroy Rook

Jun 19, 1999
    Welcome back, Cap'n; enjoy the Philippines?

IC as Zhan and Audri

As they sat down in the common room, Audri nudged Zhan with her elbow.

"We finally get to see some snub action, huh? You as excited as I am?" she asked.

Zhan shrugged. "Should be an interesting change of pace, if nothing else, though we should probably go through a sim at least one more time." He sat in silence for a moment. "Of course, there's also the concern of the big, empty void of outer space. One lucky shot, doesn't even have to destroy the ship--it could graze the cockpit or something. And there goes all your air..."

"Oh, stow it!" Audri said, rolling her eyes. "We'll be fine."

"Whatever you say..."

tag: anyone

24. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC Taya and Koren

After arriving back at base and being shown to their assigned rooms, Taya half sat, half fell onto one of the chairs in the common room and Koren sat on a nearby stool. Zhan and Audri were talking about the recent assignment they had been given

"Oh, stow it! We'll be fine."

"Whatever you say..."

Taya opened her mouth to say something but a yawn escaped her and she rubbed her eyes.

"Sorry. didn't get to much sleep while on-route back here. Anyway, Its natural to feel a little aprehensive"

Koren turned a little on his stool and rested his chin in his hand. He was only half listening to the conversation going on between his fellow pilots. His eye caught Taya as she sweeped a strand of hair from in front of her face

"I guess I can talk to her later. She listened to a few of my problems before and I feel like I can trust her. Cos If I don't its gonna drive me crazy"

Tag - Anyone

25. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Jo-Ni found Commander Selona.

"Commander," she said, "May I speak to you in private? I want to discuss...my return to duty."

Jo-Ni was cautious when saying this. She didn't want Sayce to suspect what she would really talk about.

tag - Handmaiden_Yane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.